Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Who do you want to come up next season ?

Looks like S''oton and reading are probably certs - it''s one out of the restwhile two play offs should be WHU and Brum there''s a fair few who could make the other two places - nice old scrap going and should keep it interesting right up to the last day, soBlackpool - too far Cardiff - too welshBrighton - not too far, couldn''t see them stayingMiddlesbrough - possibly too farLiecester - too much money spent, deserve to miss outso I shall be getting behind Brighton in their upward push

I''d love Brighton to come up, just don''t think they''ll manage it.

I don''t want Southampton to come up. I''m still hoping it can be Reading and West Ham. Selfish really but we did the two automatic promotions and I don''t want them to repeat it. Play Offs - Blackpool for me. Holloway is pure entertaiment on MOTD. Have some of that Hanson and Lawrenson![;)]

Not bothered about this season apart from Southampton, don''t wan''t them to repeat what we did.

Would love Ipswich up next season though, The best most fiercest derby, being a premier league game would be great.

one thing is certain, Southampton will get all the media attention and plaudits, plus Ricky Lambert will be compared with Holty and then will get at least 8 Pens all of which he will convert ( Thats 3 things ) !!!!

With Reading and Southampton certs for the top 2, barring a major collapse, I consider these two side would be below us next year and from a selfish point of view, Blackpool would be the weakest team so Blackpool for me.

I wouldn''t want West Ham, Birmingham or Leicester up as their spending power would rival ours.

Southampton is an interesting case because in their first season in league 1 - same year as us - they were one of the best teams and at times did us a favour by beating all and sundry around us - whilst not being near the top due to their ten point deduction.  Also, if it hadn''t been for that deduction they probably would have been promoted in the same year as us.   

That being said - they are a good team and were when they were relegated to league 1 so in a sense their development has been easier than ours over the last three years.   That''s not to say they haven''t come from a very difficult position - with administration etc - but I would not mind them coming up - they are historically on a similar level to us - I think they would help add another Norwich, Swansea type scenario - a strong team ethic and will do well.  

So it''s Southampton for me,  Blackpool - cos they have a refreshing approach and Brighton - also because of where they have had to come from. 

Ah, mis-read the title, thought you meant who would be promoted next season? D''oh.

That stands.

This season for next season- Southampton, Reading and (one in the eye for the West Ham owners!) Birmingham.

Southampton always felt quite similar as a club to Norwich during my formative footballing years so it will be quite nice to have them back in teh same league as us. It also increases the likelihood of an eight or nine goal thriller next season [;)] Reading play some decent football and could well emulate what ourselves and Swansea have accomplished this season so I would be happy to see them join us. Of the others, anyone but West Ham really. The idea of Big Sam failing to get them promoted makes me smile. Maybe I''ll root for Brighton. They seem like a nice club and it''s a decent day out if we get to go in the first weeks of the season.

Don''t really care about the fact Soton will achieve the same as us etc..etc... I think Reading and Soton are certs imo and I hope Brighton or Blackpool can beat off WH and Birmingham. But I reckon WH are a strong team but have money ...

Most important -> hope the big spenders don''t make it, so we can get the talent we want in the "shopping window"

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Southampton always felt quite similar as a club to Norwich during my formative footballing years so it will be quite nice to have them back in teh same league as us. It also increases the likelihood of an eight or nine goal thriller next season [;)] Reading play some decent football and could well emulate what ourselves and Swansea have accomplished this season so I would be happy to see them join us. Of the others, anyone but West Ham really. The idea of Big Sam failing to get them promoted makes me smile. Maybe I''ll root for Brighton. They seem like a nice club and it''s a decent day out if we get to go in the first weeks of the season.

[/quote]That about matches my feelings Shack... I went to the Dell in 1988, 0-0 draw...but saw the 8 goal thriller at home  (4-4) ...

My relatives support Blackpool, and I would definitely go to the away game there, so really want them to come up. Reading isn''t too far away and that would be another ground to tick off the list, so them as well!3rd spot I don''t really mind, ideally Leicester as its about an hour away, if not then Brighton as I really wanna go to the Amex but I don''t think either of them will come up. Birmingham is quite close actually, so them (but both Blackpool and Birmingham can''t come up, oh well, I give up...). Just please not Southampton, bit of a trek.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]That about matches my feelings Shack... I went to the Dell in 1988, 0-0 draw...but saw the 8 goal thriller at home  (4-4) ...[/quote]

I remember the spring 94 game with Southampton, Gunny''s suspect goalkeeping that day!!! and Le Tiss, what a player, seem to remember a yuong Magilton too, was gutted when they scored the 5th.

Reading and Southampton will walk it now for me. Would like to see Blackpool join them. Open and entertaining team, the away trip would be a laugh.

I love the fact that we can talk about this so soon this season. I would say the three teams least prepared to stay up but selfishly I wouldn''t mind Reading, WHU and Brighton but only because I live in West London and it''d be 3 more away matches I could make it to.

Obviously Southampton will be going up though, but that''s not much further.

I actually live only 15 minutes away from QRhahaha but there''s no chance I''m going there so I hope they crash, burn and crash again.

Nobody likes QPR

Southampton, Reading and Brighton for me.

If Brighton can''t make it, then Blackpool. Don''t particularly like/have any kind of praise for West Ham, Brum or Leicester.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

whilst not being near the top due to their ten point deduction.  Also, if it hadn''t been for that deduction they probably would have been promoted in the same year as us.   

[/quote]They would have been in the playoffs - in 4th spot (83) behind Millwall (85)First season in a while where we are not directly involved in a relegation or promotion struggle/battle/challenge/fightmakes for better fun watching each run up, with the two Sheffields head to head in League 1 - that is a rivals fight to the death

Southampton, Reading for definate will come up i think.A sunny August day in Blackpool on the opening game... oh we do like to be beside the seaside!

Reading wouldn''t be a bad game for me. It''s a nice train journey away and I can meet up with my sister and brother in-law for a few post match pints. Southampton I like as a club and there would be the chance of some high scoring thrillers although I don''t like the fact that they will go from administration to prem including being winner of the championship in three years which would be touted as more of a success than our meteoric rise.

As for the next team it''s a hard one. Birmingham would be nice as that would then be my easiest and closet trip of the season but I don''t like the club.

West Sham no thanks I can''t stand them and their belief that they are better than they actually are, I mean this is the 2nd time they''ve been in the 2nd tier of football in the last 10 years, plus there''s this whole olympic stadium rubbish, the more I hear about them them the more I am starting to dislike them.

Blackpool would be good fun, would be very hard to get tickets for though. Leicester no thanks.

Brighton sure would be a good day out and when we buy one of their best players over the summer it would be good to wind them up about it :D

So for me it would be a team beginning with B. Don''t mind which.

Davo

The biggest threat to our survival/progress next year would undoubtedly come from Southampton, who have good ex-academy players plus one or two signings, and Reading, who have assembled a side of players many of us had hoped would be Norwich targets. Both are strong, and ought to survive their first year. They seem to have gained sufficient lead as to make them likely for promotion.

Of the rest I would not like West Ham, for various reasons, but especially because they seem to feel that they have a god-given right to be in the Premiership. Of the rest, whoever is promoted will need to spend considerably to survive, and may fail. I have no strong favourite to climb, except possibly Brighton, whose players we have raided.

Reading -- It''s almost a ''home'' game for me.Southampton -- Always have a good weekend down there when we''ve played ''em in the past. Birmingham -- Easy drive to get to and a good excuse to see one of my old Navy mates.Def. NOT -- Cardiff, we''ve already got one too many ''foreigners'' in the English Premiership, and it''s like going back to the 70''s with the fans. 

Cmampionship champions regularly fare worse than the runners up, QPR this season and NCFC in 2004/5.  Rather hope Saints win championship, and struggle therefore.  Anyone but West Ham in the play offs, that would be fun.

Quite like Reading. They''ve a decent manager as have Southampton. I wouldn''t care if the Saints copied out feat of two successive promotions which they look like doing. Man City did it in 2000. It happens.Blackpool or Brighton would be my third choice. Holloway''s such a laugh and both places are great to visit if the sun''s shining. Just please don''t let it be West Ham.......

Any one but West Ham for me.  Obviously going to be Southampton, Reading and one other if this happens, I agree with the suggestions of Blackpool or Brighton.

I dont think we need to worry about any other the teams coming up as a danger to our survival, as we have seen from this season if we continue to progress there should still be 3 teams worse than us even without taking into account the three coming up.

Only those so who are so far up their backsides it is untrue, would want Southampton to stay down just so that they don''t achieve what we did last season.

No surprises that it is exactly the same kind of people who are praying for QPR to be relegated.

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Only those so who are so far up their backsides it is untrue, would want Southampton to stay down just so that they don''t achieve what we did last season.

No surprises that it is exactly the same kind of people who are praying for QPR to be relegated.[/quote]Like City they deserve it gruff. [B]We weren''t the first to do it and I doubt we''ll be the last either.

[quote user="London Canary"]Not bothered about this season apart from Southampton, don''t wan''t them to repeat what we did. Would love Ipswich up next season though, The best most fiercest derby, being a premier league game would be great.[/quote]

WHAT ????????