Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Who do YOU want to see relegated?

Not wishing to appear negative now but the three teams I would want to see relegated this season are the three I think would be the strongest next season.

QPR, Wolvo and WBA are the three most likely in this respect. QPR can continue to spend, and probably more effectively next time around. Wolves will get stronger assuming that their managerial situation is sorted out and WBA are fairly sound in any case, or at least by comparison.

My logic? If the three weakest, Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton, stay up then all the better for our survival next season. We could certainly do with a flukey Wigan revival as they will almost certainly struggle again next season. Blackburn have a long way to go, especially as survival might mean they hang onto Keane. Bolton seem destined for decline, most of the signs are there (poor finances, poor attendances etc.) despite having a decent manager.

You see, not negative at all as I am assuming, with total conviction, that we will be there next season when there will continue to be only six or seven clubs who do not start the season looking downwards rather than upwards. 

Of course, it is debateable as to who are the weakest three of these hapless six,  but my logic is sound. IMO

QPR, Wolves, Bolton

Qpr will no doubt be in the premiership unless tony gets bored with his new toy. But if they could go down it would mean a team with less £££ and quality will stay up.

Bolton and Wolves both have problems. Which can see the mboth slide. Bolton still in the cup, with players who have not played well all season and a manager who has not shown any side of turning it around over the course of this season.

Really is between Wolves and WBA for me, Wolves only have two players of note, jarvis and doyle. Now have a manager who is only there for 13 games (that doesn''t show commitment), there are problems internally and on the field. I would like to see WBA go down, they could be better next season, they have had problems on the field but not off the field so I can see them staying up.

Would love to see Wigan to stay up hence leaving blackburn (who will lose their better player), wigan and wba staying up. Next yeat I cannot see these teams making dramatic changes to then be a better team than us. Next season the aim is to be above three teams again and these three teams have not shown anything this season to say they will turn it around. They have been pretty hapless.

Of course there may be a surprise team, Villa now play three relegation rivals they are 7 points clear of Wigan at the start of the game today. Who knows.

We haven''t guaranteed premiership survival yet, but we are looking very very likely to be playing next season. Lets secure our spot and enjoy watching the scrap from a good distance.

But yes, QPR, Wolves and Bolton could be ideal. We could do with the best team amongst that six to go down and that will be QPR, they will have the finances and time which can make them stay up in this league. So the more poor teams at the bottom the better it is for us.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Any 3 clubs other than Norwich![/quote]

No. This thread is about this season, not next.   [:D]

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Conservatives

Liberal Democrats

Ipswich
[/quote]

That''s relegated,not put up against a wall......[;)]

Actually, QPR could very easily get relegated now.

Can''t beat Fulham at home, they have some tough games coming up. Hughes hasn''t done anything good there yet....

QPR, Bolton and Blackburn please.  Wigan and Wolves will still be crap next season leaves one place for relegation next season, 2nd season will be more difficult for City in PL. 

Also on the logic of the most likely to improve of those possibly going down, I''ll go

QPR

Wolves

Bolton

Leaving Wigan and Blackburn the survivors from those I think still threatened.

Although as West Brom are still possibles according to many here, I''d go for:

Stoke

Aston Villa

QPR

But it won''t happen obviously.

Agreed with weaker sides staying up. Especially with likes of Southampton and west ham coming up with new stadiums and money etc. possibly reading through playoffs which are no push overs.

QPR are certainties to go down on recent form.

Would like to see the overrated stoke city go down along with wolves.

Stuff travelling we will go anywhere as NCFC fans in numbers too.

I can''t see how people think our 2nd season is going to be harder? Every season is tough regardless.

What did the Welsh ever do to you?

Your in Swindon, your practically neighbours with Wales, can''t be fun not getting on with your neighbours?

I think Wales and Scotland are too small to have their own ''top'' leagues, so teams like Swansea, Cardiff, Celtic and Rangers, who have the fan base should be part of the ''English'' (British?) league. Italy haven''t forced Sicily to have their own league have they (although I suppose they aren''t separate nations, and Sicily is probably smaller than Wales). I think their should just be a British League, the Scottish, and even more so Welsh, leagues have no money in them, Scotland is dominated by Celtic and Rangers for pretty much forever, TNS are doing that in Wales at the moment as well aren''t they...

So why is it that if a team such as Merthyr Tydfil became very,very, good and started winning all their matches, they would still not be allowed into the Football League, yet Swansea & Cardiff are here ?

Reverse the question then. If we were still a Championship side, then who would we prefer not to come down?

Perhaps we had better ask Ips---- fans that. I should think they''d be unanimous in selecting QPR because their spending power would put them amongst the favourites to come back up, thus pushing them (Ips----) further down the pecking order.

Strongest three (for whatever reasons) to go down please. Better for US. If QPR do survive, I feel that they would be a stronger unit next season and that we may find getting points from them a bit harder. Not so Wigan.

I made this point earlier in this thread, but some fail to twig and make selections based upon personal predjudices.  

Broadstairs - I think reversing the question will give different teams and is a very different propersition from the original question. If you are a club in the championship you want to see clubs relegated who are spending beyond their means. Hull makes for a good example, because of their spending which was unsustainable on championship income they had to disassemble their premier leauge squad. On the other side of the coin their is West Ham who can finance keeping together the players they had largely and adding decent replacements earning premier money. The fortunes of both clubs coming down have been very different.

I could definately see wigan, WBA and wolves keeping the bulk of their squads for a year in the championship and therefore would not want to see them relegated if I were supporting a championship club, as it is I dont ! Hooray, and would like to see QPR (just because they hate us) bolton and blackburn drop.