Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Pecker

Ruddy signs pre-contract agreement with Man U

My uncle works for a sports agency in the north-west and he told me Ruddy has signed a pre-contract agreement to move to Old Trafford in the summer.

Is this the breakup of our squad?

Now why would a chap who is allegedly on the verge of the England squad want to leave a Premiership club where he is playing week in week out in so doing keeping himself on the radar of England scouts to become a bench warmer at Old Trafford behind De Gea?

Would not be surprised in the slightest if true - he''s been class for us. Just hope the days have gone where we let our best players go for less than the market value - if Man Utd paid £18.5m for that De Gea...

Hope this is nonsense, would be gutted to see him go.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Yeah, they only have 4 keepers in their squad at the moment, I am sure a fifth is vital![/quote]

Who is to say that some of those keepers won''t move on?

True or not, this would not be the break up of the squad. He is just one player - albeit a very important player.   Things like this are always possible - but - you have to ask  - why would you want to go to ManUutd when there is a strong possibility you won''t br the number one gk? To win things?  Dit on the bench week in week out and collect a medal at the end (if mu win anything, of course)?  Money?  That would be fair enough,  but if you have a vocation - is money a motivator?    The prestige?   

I suppose the combination of the above would swing it, but Ruddy is becoming a hero at Carrow Rd - so I hope he is staying!

They already have two keepers fighting for one spot and neither are old.

[quote user="Stirrinitup"]I read on here that Ruddy was rubbish so there''s no way the Mancs would want him.
[/quote]

It does make you wonder if the player slating that goes on on this board is seen by the players.   There was a strong anti-Ruddy lobby who kept piping up about how he was not up to the job.     Most of us thankfully stood up for him - rightly as it has been shown - but if you were JR and you had read some of those  posts you might well think - they don''t rate me, why should I stay.......   

It shows we need to support our players as much as possible and not allow the numpties who delight in slagging our players off to have the upper hand.   Show proper support for players and managers - and we might just keep them longer....................

[quote user="Yellow Pecker"]My uncle works for a sports agency in the north-west and he told me Ruddy has signed a pre-contract agreement to move to Old Trafford in the summer. Is this the breakup of our squad?[/quote]

Of course not, he''s going to Chelsea with Lambert - it''s a done deal.

I thought pre-contract agreements were something that players who were going to be out of contract can do? If so, per the NCFC site, Ruddy signed a 3-year contract with us in July 2010 which runs for season 2012/13, making this pre-contract thing not possible.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Stirrinitup"]I read on here that Ruddy was rubbish so there''s no way the Mancs would want him.[/quote]

It does make you wonder if the player slating that goes on on this board is seen by the players.   There was a strong anti-Ruddy lobby who kept piping up about how he was not up to the job.     Most of us thankfully stood up for him - rightly as it has been shown - but if you were JR and you had read some of those  posts you might well think - they don''t rate me, why should I stay.......   

It shows we need to support our players as much as possible and not allow the numpties who delight in slagging our players off to have the upper hand.   Show proper support for players and managers - and we might just keep them longer....................

[/quote]If players do read the cr*p that some spout on this board they would do well to remember that this represents a highly vocal but very small (and I mean infinitessimally small) proportion of the numbers that support the team.

I don''t believe it for a moment. It only had a chance of being true if it was his cousin who told him. Uncles are notoriously unreliable.

bit difficult really as he has still got at least 18 months on his contract so cannot sign a pre contract agreement with another club in England!!!

Now correct me if I''m wrong but I thought that players who are in their last 6 months could only sign pre-contract agreements in overseas leagues. E.g he could move to France Germany, etc. Otherwise they have to wait until his contract expires or the end of the season?

Davo

[quote user="Yellow Pecker"]My uncle works for a sports agency in the north-west[/quote]

So is your uncle Bryan Gunn?

He could of course have agreed a contract with Man.U, pending them agreeing a fee with Norwich. But that seems highly unlikely....

No Barca are going to sign Lappin, along with Wilbraham. They need to strengthen their left side and CF positions, Lappin and Wilbrahamovic are the obvious choices....

Yes, there''s nothing wrong with talking to other clubs whilst still in a long contract. Nothing to stop you signing a contract with another club whilst you are still in that same long contract. Though cynics might suggest what is the point of signing a ''pre contract'', if contracts are worthless and can simply be ignored ?

ps given that the OP doesn''t sound too bright I should imagine young master pecker is from suffolk

No way is this true.

Ruddy was so fed up at years spent out on loan when at Everton, where he made just one first-team appearance in several years, that by his own admission he very nearly gave up the game.

Probably the main factor that swung Norwich for Ruddy is that he comes from St Ives, and still has family there.

So to think he would give up at Norwich, while he''s still establishing himself in the Prem and has his family relatively near him, to go to a club where he''s likely to sit in the reserves doesn''t sound remotely logical and, frankly, sounds absurd.

Ruddy will more likely play for a relegation threatened side next year then a potential championship winning side.

Agreed with the second post. Why post such utter crap?

They had there eyes on the Swansea goalkeeper Vorm when lindegaard was injured for back up only.

Why would Ruddy go there to sit on the bench and for a couple of rounds in the league cup and fa cup?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Stirrinitup"]I read on here that Ruddy was rubbish so there''s no way the Mancs would want him.[/quote]

[/quote]I''m sure they do read this board. I''m also sure that they read other clubs fan''s forums, and realise that other clubs supporters are basically the same as us - mostly supportive of the players, but with a few relentlessly negatiuve and highly vocal ones.

[quote user="Yellow Pecker"]My uncle works for a sports agency in the north-west and he told me Ruddy has signed a pre-contract agreement to move to Old Trafford in the summer.

Is this the breakup of our squad?[/quote]your "uncle" is a bull sh*tterand if he works for a sports agency in the north west then im going to score the winner against Wolves this weekend.