Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Okay, so this is a thread where we don''t criticise but........come on everybody......get your finger out. By the time you read this it''s well into late Friday morning and, as I write this......there has only been 16 selections. Let''s beat the bushes to get another thirty or forty selections in place. Get rid of the tardiness because, when it''s your turn to be the final selector, you appreciate having the opportunity to look at others thoughts sooner rather than later, even though you won''t make your final determination until later on Friday.

Now, let''s get busy. You have been told!  Help Cosmic Twin this week and others in subsequent weeks by being prompt rather than tardy.

[/quote]

Yankee, posters may be waiting for odds to appear.[:@] I know I am, before deciding between FOUR[:P] possible options. I should also warn that there is some bad weather around in Italy which might lead to postponements. Already has this week.

[/quote]

Just to add, and this is no criticism, but when we could use odds from any bookmaker it was easier - and quicker. Now we have to wait to see if Bet365 is available.

Morning all.France for me this week and i''ll have a go at...

Paris Saint Germain v Evian Thonon Gaillard.....Home win.

The very best of luck to Cosmic and as always all my fellow pups.

Championship for me please. West Ham will looke to avenge their roasting by the binners against lowly millwall who have one eye on tuesdays fa cup replay against southampton.

So West Ham Home Win.

Good luck all.

I''m taking my oldest to his first home game on saturday. (Driving down tonight in the snow!!!) so was almost tempted to call our game!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Okay, so this is a thread where we don''t criticise but........come on everybody......get your finger out. By the time you read this it''s well into late Friday morning and, as I write this......there has only been 16 selections. Let''s beat the bushes to get another thirty or forty selections in place. Get rid of the tardiness because, when it''s your turn to be the final selector, you appreciate having the opportunity to look at others thoughts sooner rather than later, even though you won''t make your final determination until later on Friday.

Now, let''s get busy. You have been told!  Help Cosmic Twin this week and others in subsequent weeks by being prompt rather than tardy.

[/quote]

Yankee, posters may be waiting for odds to appear.[:@] I know I am, before deciding between FOUR[:P] possible options. I should also warn that there is some bad weather around in Italy which might lead to postponements. Already has this week.

[/quote]

Just to add, and this is no criticism, but when we could use odds from any bookmaker it was easier - and quicker. Now we have to wait to see if Bet365 is available.

[/quote]

Purple, I understand your points and I am sure there are others that some could make in support of being later rather than earlier with their picks. Further, I realise that the more exotic selections are conducive to "holding off." However, possibly we are getting too clever for own good, and I mean that in the best possible way. My main measurement is do we have the majority of posters giving the weeks selector optimum choice in a timely manner. It seems to me that it''s drifted towards being later such that a number of selections are being made after the weeks selector has made their final determination for Nutty. Not only that but it can also give the impression to "neutrals" that interest is waning.

Speaking for myself, I have usually selected my top 4 or 5 choices ( of which I will then choose one ) by Monday of each week. I know I can usually expect Nutty to post early Wednesday morning ( your time ), which then gives me ( or any other PUP ) all of Wednesday and Thursday to get the selections in. I try to do mine promptly after Nutty posts. As I said, I know my viewpoint is not the only one but I have yet to find that the number of possible selections that  I start out with on Monday fail to have available odds by Friday.    

Scottish cup for me this week where Rangers (9-4-0-26-8) entertain Dundee Utd (3-4-5-12-13) on Sunday.Rangers v Dundee Utd............Home win.Good luck Cosmic. [Y]

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v Yeovil - HOME WIN please Cosmic Twin.This one should beat the scurge of the Frozen Pitch Postponements this weekend!Good luck one and all,Leedscanary

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Purple, I understand your points and I am sure there are others that some could make in support of being later rather than earlier with their picks. Further, I realise that the more exotic selections are conducive to "holding off." However, possibly we are getting too clever for own good, and I mean that in the best possible way. My main measurement is do we have the majority of posters giving the weeks selector optimum choice in a timely manner. It seems to me that it''s drifted towards being later such that a number of selections are being made after the weeks selector has made their final determination for Nutty. Not only that but it can also give the impression to "neutrals" that interest is waning.

Speaking for myself, I have usually selected my top 4 or 5 choices ( of which I will then choose one ) by Monday of each week. I know I can usually expect Nutty to post early Wednesday morning ( your time ), which then gives me ( or any other PUP ) all of Wednesday and Thursday to get the selections in. I try to do mine promptly after Nutty posts. As I said, I know my viewpoint is not the only one but I have yet to find that the number of possible selections that  I start out with on Monday fail to have available odds by Friday.    

[/quote]

I don''t think our methods are that dissimilar, Yankee, although I confess to veering towards the very exotic (and so potentially late) from time to time. But this time I had four non-exotic possibles last Sunday! I have been holding off to get odds on my joint favourite, Valletta, one of the five Maltese games being played this weekend. For some reasons you can now get odds on four of them...but not Valletta!

Anyway I also like this Hong Kong game tomorrow:

Pegasus to win at home against Sham Shui Po.

Pegasus with a 4-0-0 and 13/3 home record.

Sham Shui Po with a 0-1-4 and 3/12 away record.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

A trip to Cyprus for me, where Omonia Nicosia should beat Anagennisi.Omonia are top of the league. 6/1/2 at home, and have won 5 of their last 6.Newly promoted Anagennisi are 0/2/7 away, second bottom of the league. They have won one point from their last eighteen.Like last week, it seems like a low scoring league. Also Omonia played in mid-week whereas Anagennisi did not. But Omonia should have enough.YC - I agree with what you are saying, however like PC I like to dive deep into potential games. Since my last post on Wednesday about 20 new leagues have had odds added, and my pick this week has been added since I last looked - Infact there is a 1/40 game out there if anyone wanted a sure thing! I try where possible to pick early, but in the interests of giving the final picker a fresh pick I usually have to wait til friday to get odds/the time to research. The Bet 365 platform is a pain as you can only select 8 leagues at a time, so to check out the odds of every available game takes a while (Unless there is a shortcut?)Best of luck Cosmic!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]A trip to Cyprus for me, where Omonia Nicosia should beat Anagennisi.

Omonia are top of the league. 6/1/2 at home, and have won 5 of their last 6.

Newly promoted Anagennisi are 0/2/7 away, second bottom of the league. They have won one point from their last eighteen.

Like last week, it seems like a low scoring league. Also Omonia played in mid-week whereas Anagennisi did not. But Omonia should have enough.

YC - I agree with what you are saying, however like PC I like to dive deep into potential games. Since my last post on Wednesday about 20 new leagues have had odds added, and my pick this week has been added since I last looked - Infact there is a 1/40 game out there if anyone wanted a sure thing! I try where possible to pick early, but in the interests of giving the final picker a fresh pick I usually have to wait til friday to get odds/the time to research. The Bet 365 platform is a pain as you can only select 8 leagues at a time, so to check out the odds of every available game takes a while (Unless there is a shortcut?)

Best of luck Cosmic!
[/quote]

This was one of my possibles I found on Sunday but, as Trent discovered, odds only became available today. I think there has to be a balance between posting early and trying to give the picker the widest choice.

We are very lucky to have PUPs like Yankee, Trent and Purple helping to keep these threads successful. All of them have made valid and helpful points on this weeks thread. We have to listen to a range of opinions (I don''t see any of them as criticisms) to keep the threads moving forward. Otherwise we could be victims of our own success. And by that I mean we start taking our success for granted.

Yankee''s observations were accurate and timely. I have been guilty of concentrating more on administering the thread than participating in it. All of the eight selections made after Statto posted last week were games that had been on 365 the whole time. Trent and Purple also make valid points about the difficulties we face now we have to use B365 for selections. Other valid points are the recent difficulties encountered accessing this message board and the possibilities of games falling foul of the weather at this time of year.

So we have plenty of food for thought and maybe between us we can think of some improvements that could be made. But we have to weigh any changes against the fact that this simple yet brilliant vision of Ray''s has been and continues to be successful.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Trent and Purple also make valid points about the difficulties we face now we have to use B365 for selections.

[/quote]There are difficulties that we did not have before, but Bet 365 is still the best from an odds perspective. I used to use Ladbrokes as it is very user-friendly, but then I found oddschecker and saw how bad they are in comparison!A good point about the weather - I would urge anyone who is picking from a division or country at risk to the weather to have a back-up ready to go.

Rangers to beat Dundee United for me too - it''s a bit unoriginal but the weather is going to put rather a lot of games in doubt I feel.Best of luck Cosmic and all PUPs.

Thanks PUPs for all your help. It hasn''t been easy, especially when bearing in mind the weather!

I''ve gone for the 6 that I think are most likely to get the better of both the weather and their opponents!

Home wins for ~ Man City v. Fulham

Barcelona v. Real Sociedad

Ajax v. FC Utrecht

Pegasus v. Sham Shui Po

Omonia Nicosia v. Anagennisi

Juventus v. Siena (which is also my pick!)

Fingers crossed!

Hey all I''ve been lax again this week. There''s no excuse other than being busy, I don''t ever look at Bet365 to check for the best odds as quite frankly they don''t mean anything to me as apart from this thread I don''t ever gamble. I am concerned about the weather but in truth I''ve gone for a game I feel will be played.

Barca to beat Real Sociedad.

Good luck Cosmic and all you PuPs

Davo

I fully expect West Ham to beat Millwall - they have to make up for that dreadful defeat to those w*nkers over the border.

Good luck this week Cosmic, I''m going to stick in England where I expect:Arsenal to beat BlackburnRevenge for earlier in the season, and another step towards safety for us.  Good luck Cosmic and all you Pups.

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

Thanks PUPs for all your help. It hasn''t been easy, especially when bearing in mind the weather!

I''ve gone for the 6 that I think are most likely to get the better of both the weather and their opponents!

Ajax v. FC Utrecht

Pegasus v. Sham Shui Po

Fingers crossed!

[/quote]

Thank you Cosmic. I can see how well thought out these six are. They do indeed all look set to beat the weather and look nailed on home wins.

I''ve placed the bet with B365 and the potential return is a healthy £33.60 : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
TSW Pegasus FC @ 2/5
Man City @ 3/10
Barcelona @ 1/12
Ajax @ 1/4
Juventus @ 3/10
Omonia Nicosia @ 1/20
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
03/02/2012 22:40:1710.000.00

Now Purple had better set his alarm clock tonight [O] because Pegasus get us underway at 9:30 tomorrow followed by Manchester City at 5:30 and Barcelona at 9pm. All being well we will be undefeated overnight and on Sunday we have Ajax at 11:30, Juventus at 2pm and finally Omonia Nicosia at 4pm.

Good luck Cosmic and all you PUPs[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

Ajax v. FC Utrecht

Pegasus v. Sham Shui Po

Fingers crossed!

[/quote]

Thank you Cosmic. I can see how well thought out these six are. They do indeed all look set to beat the weather and look nailed on home wins.

I''ve placed the bet with B365 and the potential return is a healthy £33.60 : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
TSW Pegasus FC @ 2/5
Man City @ 3/10
Barcelona @ 1/12
Ajax @ 1/4
Juventus @ 3/10
Omonia Nicosia @ 1/20
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
03/02/2012 22:40:1710.000.00

Now Purple had better set his alarm clock tonight [O] because Pegasus get us underway at 9:30 tomorrow followed by Manchester City at 5:30 and Barcelona at 9pm. All being well we will be undefeated overnight and on Sunday we have Ajax at 11:30, Juventus at 2pm and finally Omonia Nicosia at 4pm.

Good luck Cosmic and all you PUPs[Y]

[/quote]

Luckily, nutty, it may not be 9.30am where I am...[|-)][ip][ip][ip][|-)]