Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

My three to go down

Serious response - Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton.  I think QPR will survive, but not on merit.  Just by the other three being worse.As to Harry, I work in tax, and I can''t see how he can retain his freedom.  I can understand why a multi-millionaire might want to set up an offshore bank account without necessarily hiding money away.  However, in the name of his dog?  With money going in from his UK employer?  I can''t see him staying out to be honest.  Especially in a time when HMRC are trying to crack down on tax avoidance.Personally, I think that his only valid defence would be that ''Rosie 47'' had nothing to do with his dog, but was his ''performing'' name, and the money was the proceeds from him be employed to star in certain ''niche'' films shot in California...[;)]

16th: QPR

17th: Wolves

------------------------------------------------------------

18th: Blackburn

19th: Bolton

20th: Wigan

[quote user="Bobzilla"]Serious response - Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton.  I think QPR will survive, but not on merit.  Just by the other three being worse.As to Harry, I work in tax, and I can''t see how he can retain his freedom.  I can understand why a multi-millionaire might want to set up an offshore bank account without necessarily hiding money away.  However, in the name of his dog?  With money going in from his UK employer?  I can''t see him staying out to be honest.  Especially in a time when HMRC are trying to crack down on tax avoidance.Personally, I think that his only valid defence would be that ''Rosie 47'' had nothing to do with his dog, but was his ''performing'' name, and the money was the proceeds from him be employed to star in certain ''niche'' films shot in California...[;)][/quote]Shame they don''t concentrate on the corporate tax fraud.

[quote user="Bobzilla"]

I think QPR will survive, but not on merit.  Just by the other three being worse.

[/quote]

Well surely they would be surviving on merit then.

wigan, bolton, blackburn. three less long hauls to the northwest for all you good norfolk folk. i live at least 90 miles from any premier league ground so it''s all the same to me.

Looking at the last 10 games, Wigan (7 points) Wolves (7) Blackburn (8) and QPR (5) are the (out of) form horses, although Bolton (11) looked pretty poor on Saturday. You have the assume that QPR''s massive spend will pay off eventually so I''d go for Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn.

I''d love to see Wigan, Blackburn and QPR go down.The first two because they are horrible little tin-pot clubs who are or have been bankrolled by a wealthy fan. They have pathetic fan bases and belong in League One tbh.  QPR I just detest now, as they are frangrantly ignoring the financial fair play rules and spending ridiculous money on transfers and wages, I''d love to know what percentage of their revenue goes on wages! They''re building a team of a*seholes like Barton, Zamora and Cisse, or overpaid, overrated ''stars'' like Wright-Phillips, Ferdinand and Bothroyd. Ugh, I sincerely hope they implode soon and do a Portsmouth.

[quote user="Jonzey"]I''d love to see Wigan, Blackburn and QPR go down.

They''re building a team of a*seholes like Barton, Zamora and Cisse, or overpaid, overrated ''stars'' like Wright-Phillips, Ferdinand and Bothroyd. Ugh, I sincerely hope they implode soon and do a Portsmouth.
[/quote]

I don''t know them personally but are Zamora and Cisse a*seholes? Joey Barton seems like he might be a bit of one.

As for overrated well that''s a tricky thing to judge. I''ve always considered Bothroyd to be no great shakes. Ferdinand is decent enough and SWP has played some good stuff for them. Infact, to be fair to SWP, he may lack the bit of quality to play for one of the very top sides but he is plenty good enough to play in the Premier League.

at the start of the season i had a bet on wigan, swansea and blackburn to go down. Tho would now go for wolves to replace swansea (unfortunately)

There''s a couple of fixtures this weekend that will help decide what happens.

Backburn v QPR

Wolves v West Brom

Bolton v Wigan

and if you accept that the fixture computer would have been programmed to assume Norwich and Swansea would be near the bottom of the table at this stage its an interesting set of fixtures.

following that set of fixtures the only fixtures QPR will have left against the bottom six are away matches against Bolton and West Brom. As it stands they''ve currently got 8 points from seven matches against the bottom 6. They have spent money but have they got a team or a set of good players?

whereas Bolton will have matches against West Brom, QPR and Blackburn (all at home) plus wolves away. They may have been poor against us but they still have the best chance given their remaining fixtures in the mini league at the bottom of the table.

Wigan are looking increasingly doomed being 5 points away from safety and only a win at Bolton could give them a chance.

West Brom may not be playing well but they have a large enough gap the the bottom to stay up (at the moment). A win against wolves will be massive.

Blackburn have yet to beat any of their relegation competitors and only have two draws against them. They do still have a match against each of the other teams but need to start winning these matches.

Wolves are getting points off the other teams at the moment and still have three home matches against their rivals plus a trip to Wigan.

From all that I''ll give you

WBA, Wolves & Bolton all staying up

Wigan, QPR & Blackburn for the drop

I think Bolton have shown signs of escaping. although my preference is for Wolves, QPR & Blackburn to go down I think Wigan will replace QPR in the final 3.

As far as ''Arry goes - he behaves guilty, he looks guilty and typical of people in football he thinks the law of the country dont apply to him; he should be found guilty and take his punishment...

I really want Blackburn to stay up, because I doubt they will improve over the summer. Same with Wigan for that matter. On the other hand QPR, Bolton and Wolves have much more potential to improve for next season.

So I''d like QPR, Bolton and Wolves to go down.

However, I expect Wigan definitely will go down with Bolton and Blackburn.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Nice to see you posting &rew[Y][/quote]

Agreed, and very good to meet you at last on Saturday mate!

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Jonzey"]I''d love to see Wigan, Blackburn and QPR go down. They''re building a team of a*seholes like Barton, Zamora and Cisse, or overpaid, overrated ''stars'' like Wright-Phillips, Ferdinand and Bothroyd. Ugh, I sincerely hope they implode soon and do a Portsmouth. [/quote]

I don''t know them personally but are Zamora and Cisse a*seholes? Joey Barton seems like he might be a bit of one.

As for overrated well that''s a tricky thing to judge. I''ve always considered Bothroyd to be no great shakes. Ferdinand is decent enough and SWP has played some good stuff for them. Infact, to be fair to SWP, he may lack the bit of quality to play for one of the very top sides but he is plenty good enough to play in the Premier League.

[/quote]Zamora''s attitude when he scored for QPR, followed by pointing at the name on his back showed him for what he is. And holding Fulham to ransom by pretty much refusing to perform and forcing a move? Utter arrogance. Yet there''s always a club like QPR willing to pay them a ridiculous wage. Cisse has always struck me as being a total mercenary and never a team player. Look at how he got sent off on the weekend and held his arms up with a Balotelli-esque ''why me?'' expression. Joey Barton obviously is the ultimate a*sehole. No redeeming characteristics at all. The sort of man who, if he wasn''t a footballer, would get punched every other week for something. Then Bothroyd, he''s on stupid wages after half a decent season a few years back for Cardiff. The definition of an overrated player. Ferdinand and SWP are just average, 10k a week players at best yet getting probably 50-90k. Yes, QPR define all that''s wrong with football by giving these types inflated wages. I sincerely hope the financial fair play rules slap them heavily around the round the face and they freefall back to where they belong.