Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

lets talk about that pile of c**p who plays number 5

Ok, i have supported Morrison all season, he has scored some vital goals for us, and i have just assuemd it''s how he holds himself that makes him look so lazy. But after being at the game today and not having to watch an online stream i now understand why he gets criticised so much and why the Millwill fans gave him so much abuse for being lazy. For me that was the worst performance i have seen from a Norwich player in my 15 or so years of attending games. There have been many poor performances from Norwich players over the years but none where the player has seem so disinterested and unwilling to run for anything. I would happily never see that player pull on a canaries shirt again. i know people will rip into me for my opinion on this, but i have no time or desire to watch a player who doesn''t put in 100% and today Morrison didn''t even put in 10%. He obviously has some ability and has scored some vital goals for us, but if the ball is notpassed to his feet or head he refuses to move for it, if someone plays a through ball rather than a pass he won''t run onto it.Can someone please explain to me what happened to the Morrison who was so effective when upfront on his own, how can a player so willing to run the line as a single striker eraleir in the season become soo sooo soooooo damn lazy.Here''s hoping we sign Rhodes in the summer

Worst performance by a Norwich player in 15 years? Did you never see Etuhu? Andy Hughes? Diop?

But yes I agree that Morison has lost interest for some reason, and I can see Lambert getting rid in the summer.

Agree, he was awful today.Love to see Vaughan given more of a chance now, looked very lively today!Even Wilbraham played alright, a lot better than Morro. He just shows no passion either. Frustrating. No-one comes close to Holty. [L]

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Agree, he was awful today.Love to see Vaughan given more of a chance now, looked very lively today!Even Wilbraham played alright, a lot better than Morro. He just shows no passion either. Frustrating. No-one comes close to Holty. [L][/quote]Agree, glad to see Vaughan back and Wilbraham looked good when he came on, i would say in Wilbrahams 20 or so mins on the pitch he was our best player today.i really do not get Morrison, if he had Holt''s workrate he would be awesome.btw Barnett is King, i think we may have just seen Barnett''s last game today (well i hope we have) and you may need a new screen name soon!

[quote user="sgncfc"]

Worst performance by a Norwich player in 15 years? Did you never see Etuhu? Andy Hughes? Diop?

But yes I agree that Morison has lost interest for some reason, and I can see Lambert getting rid in the summer.

[/quote]etuhu was a good player, had one very good season with us, just got his head turned when prem teams became interested and who can blame him, we were in decline. Andy Hughes, biggest pile of crap ever, but at least the guy tried. Now this Diop player i do not remember, so you may be right about that one

Hear, Hear!

Today Morison displayed nonchalant body language and just looked totally fed up with the game before it even started. I mean, most of us would give anything to be out there wearing the yellow shirt wouldn’t we?

I took Mrs Mustard and our two lads and Mrs M couldn’t believe how awful our passing was; “it’s like they didn’t know each other” she observed. “We’re not keeping the ball” and “No.14 is hopeless” and “that No.5 isn’t even trying”…

Walking home she simply said; “Wish I’d gone to have my nails done now!”…

PS: In two transactions (one for 2 tickets as ST’s and another for 2 tickets for her and my youngest) those 4 tickets cost £83.00 – money poorly spent and I’m far from happy.

PPS: I’d love to see Jay Rodriguez come here too.

Morrison is not worthy of the NCFC shirt, and his performance today was without doubt a disgrace - his body language said it all, and it appeared quite clear to not only me, but many others guaging by the calls to Radio Norfolk, that he quite clearly doesn''t want to be here. Even Greg DOWNS who last time up spoke up for Morrison suggested there appears to be a problem with the guy and was very critical of him today.

Buck up Morrison, ot take the first taxi you can back to Milwall.

OP you are an absolute and complete moron. This is the same number 5 that has been the match winner on how many occasions this season?

Your opinions here are completely blown out of all proportion.

You are an absolute disgrace who struggles to demonstrate that the soft stuff between his ears is not 100% brain. Its more like 10% brain and 90% shit.

Please depart to Suffolk if your interested in starting witch hunts.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]OP you are an absolute and complete moron. This is the same number 5 that has been the match winner on how many occasions this season?

You are an absolute disgrace who struggles to demonstrate that the soft stuff between his ears is not 100% brain. Its more like 10% brain and 90% shit.

Please depart to Suffolk if your interested in starting witch hunts.[/quote]Bravo!

What are these rumours about him drury''s test? I will quite happily drive this guy as far away from Norwich as possible before digging a hole and chucking him in it. Lets hope some team is foolish enough to sign him in the summer for 3-4 M, perhaps Liverpool will come calling, they have a knack at signing overhyped and overpriced strikers

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]OP you are an absolute and complete moron. This is the same number 5 that has been the match winner on how many occasions this season?

Please depart to Suffolk if your interested in starting witch hunts.[/quote]You can say what you want Brighton, we are all entitled to our opinion. There is no disgrace in lossing or having a poor game, but there is a hell of a lot of disgrace in not putting 100% in and i think the majority of city fans did not see that from their team and Morrison today

[quote user="priceyrice"]For me that was the worst performance i have seen from a Norwich player in my 15 or so years of attending games. [/quote]You can''t have gone during the Peter Grant/Glenn Roeder/Bryan Gunn era...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="priceyrice"]For me that was the worst performance i have seen from a Norwich player in my 15 or so years of attending games. [/quote]You can''t have gone during the Peter Grant/Glenn Roeder/Bryan Gunn era...

[/quote]

Of course not, it''s much more fun to go when we are winning...boo Morrison and his league goals, we want great performances in the cups.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Pricey buddy...

Go ''n have a nice cup of tea and a lay down[;)]

[/quote]Think a bottle of vodka and pack of cigs would be more beneficial ;p

Whilst the OP is slightly OTT in the ....''worst player for 15 years'',  the main thrust of the post is 100% correct. There is something seriously wrong with Morison''s attitude which needs urgent attention before it de-stabilises all this club has developed over three years now. It was not just his abject lack of effort that was the problem. The whole thing crystallised when he was sub''d. Firstly he trudged off when he should have trotted or ran off. Secondly, after the customary pat on the back by PL he then turned round and shouted and waved his arms about in a totally petulant manner.

That kind of behaviour in any organisation cannot be allowed to continue. The manager has two choices:

1. He discusses things with Morison 1:1 and tells him straight that this behaviour must stop and tries to find out what the problems are and how the boy can knuckle down and work and contribute like the rest.

2. Failing that the employee must be moved on - no ''ifs'', no ''but''s, there is no third way here. In this scenario I could''nt give a damn about wanting ...''to get our money back'', if necessary give him a free.

Wilbraham might be viewed as a music hall joke by some City fans but right now  there is no way that I would have Morison in the team ahead of Wilbraham. His contribution when he came on compared with Morisons was first class. Over to you PL to show that you''re this wonderful man manager that most City fans think you are. Go on then - sort out Morison!!          

Not sure how many of you were at the game today but it was very frustrating watching Morison. I know we are spoiled with Holt because he appears to chase causes that were lost weeks ago but Morison regularly gives the impression he cant be arsed half the time. Dunno maybe its way of conserving energy I don''t know but it does him no favours with the watching fans.

Yellow Rider- Do you sit near the dug outs? From my vantage point a long way away in the lower Barclay it seemed that Morison berated a team mate for a bad pass, right in front of the dug outs, and shortly afterwards was subbed. I wondered at the time if the two things were linked? Morison certainly seemed to have the sulks today.

[quote user="Firedawg"]Not sure how many of you were at the game today but it was very frustrating watching Morison. I know we are spoiled with Holt because he appears to chase causes that were lost weeks ago but Morison regularly gives the impression he cant be arsed half the time. Dunno maybe its way of conserving energy I don''t know but it does him no favours with the watching fans.[/quote]Yeah.  Thank god he''s scored a few important goals, or people would really hate him.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Whilst the OP is slightly OTT in the ....''worst player for 15 years'',  the main thrust of the post is 100% correct. There is something seriously wrong with Morison''s attitude which needs urgent attention before it de-stabilises all this club has developed over three years now. It was not just his abject lack of effort that was the problem. The whole thing crystallised when he was sub''d. Firstly he trudged off when he should have trotted or ran off. Secondly, after the customary pat on the back by PL he then turned round and shouted and waved his arms about in a totally petulant manner.

That kind of behaviour in any organisation cannot be allowed to continue. The manager has two choices:

1. He discusses things with Morison 1:1 and tells him straight that this behaviour must stop and tries to find out what the problems are and how the boy can knuckle down and work and contribute like the rest.

2. Failing that the employee must be moved on - no ''ifs'', no ''but''s, there is no third way here. In this scenario I could''nt give a damn about wanting ...''to get our money back'', if necessary give him a free.

Wilbraham might be viewed as a music hall joke by some City fans but right now  there is no way that I would have Morison in the team ahead of Wilbraham. His contribution when he came on compared with Morisons was first class. Over to you PL to show that you''re this wonderful man manager that most City fans think you are. Go on then - sort out Morison!!          

[/quote]

YellowRrider, my thoughts on this matter are pretty much in tune with yours. I just hope that he''s on his own, so to speak, and not part of a clique.

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Firedawg"]Not sure how many of you were at the game today but it was very frustrating watching Morison. I know we are spoiled with Holt because he appears to chase causes that were lost weeks ago but Morison regularly gives the impression he cant be arsed half the time. Dunno maybe its way of conserving energy I don''t know but it does him no favours with the watching fans.[/quote]Yeah.  Thank god he''s scored a few important goals, or people would really hate him.[/quote]

Running around and snarling is far more important than scoring goals in the Premier League

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yellow Rider- Do you sit near the dug outs? From my vantage point a long way away in the lower Barclay it seemed that Morison berated a team mate for a bad pass, right in front of the dug outs, and shortly afterwards was subbed. I wondered at the time if the two things were linked? Morison certainly seemed to have the sulks today.

[/quote]

No - I''m directly opposite in the middle of The Jarrold so I get a pretty good view of the dugout but those sitting in the City stand close by should have seen what happened. Fact is this has happened before when the boy has been sub''d, he grudgingly shakes hand or accepts the pat on the back, walks past PL then turns round and gives someone (might not be PL of course) a mouthful. It''s out of order and can''t be allowed to continue. If PL does not sort him out and Morison continues like this the fans will turn on him and drive him out (and that''s not the scenario anyone wants to see unfold). 

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No - I''m directly opposite in the middle of The Jarrold so I get a pretty good view of the dugout but those sitting in the City stand close by should have seen what happened. Fact is this has happened before when the boy has been sub''d, he grudgingly shakes hand or accepts the pat on the back, walks past PL then turns round and gives someone (might not be PL of course) a mouthful. It''s out of order and can''t be allowed to continue. If PL does not sort him out and Morison continues like this the fans will turn on him and drive him out (and that''s not the scenario anyone wants to see unfold). 

[/quote]

I''ve noticed in other games this season, particularly in away games I''ve been to, that Morison goes OTT at players if he doesn''t get the pass where he feels it should go. Then he gets sulky. Could just be a trait that appears worse than it is. But his attitude towards his team mates doesn''t look good to me.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="priceyrice"]For me that was the worst performance i have seen from a Norwich player in my 15 or so years of attending games. [/quote]You can''t have gone during the Peter Grant/Glenn Roeder/Bryan Gunn era...

[/quote]

Or Hamilton.

Fricking De Waard?!!!!

Please depart to Suffolk if your interested in starting witch hunts.[/quote]

I don''t see any need for calling the op a moron. Look at the other responses and you will see a lot of people agree with a lot of the points.

Morrison does not look interested and hasn''t for some weeks. He is very lazy and, as said above, without the ball on his head or in front of him he doesn''t appear to contribute a lot. The other problem is he seems unable to hold the ball up then bring others into the game. He needs to knuckle down or, IMHO, he should be replaced.