Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

lets talk about that pile of c**p who plays number 5

Dear Steve Morison, thank you for the wonderful performances you have put in this season, the yards you have run, the effort you have put in and the vital goals you have scored helping us to all but secure Premiership survival (against all expectations), your confidence appears to be low but have no fear Norwich fans are an understanding bunch, they know you are only human (and not a robot with no feelings).....oh bugger I got that last bit wrong. I genuinely hope that Steve Morisondoes not visit this message board, it appears to me what he needs right now is support and not the hate filled vitriol and innuendo of this thread. It is one thing to be dissapointed and offer constructive criticism, but some of the things that have been posted on this message board genuinely make me ashamed to be a Norwich City supporter.......For you posters that have posted what I would call hateful posts I say SHAME ON YOU.....

the way morison is treated by fans is stupid. its funny how fans like to see ''effort'', for example holt and jackson can run across the defence like headless chickens and they get heaps of praise, but because morison has a lazy posture everybody assumes he contributes nothing ? yesterday he gets booed when he loses the ball, then 2 minutes later when he has a decent header everybody sings his name ? and what if he had scored that goal early on in the game? everybody would be singing his name. stop being so bloody fickle and get behind him!

anyone remember morisons goal against arsenal, if i remember rightly he closed a defender down, won the ball and score. if hes not your cup of tea, dont boo him, he plays for your team so support him? hes nearly in double figures for the season, a brilliant return for a striker.

everyone seems to think hes the same sort of player than holt, hes not. i love grant holt, what are you all going to do when holt leaves/retires? move on. whatever you lot think morison is going to play matches for norwich city, i hope he recaptures some of the early form and he has a long and successful career for us!

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]He wasn''t at the races today. Looked totally disinterested. On twitter there are rumours about his private life which could be preying on his mind.Needed Holt on the bench to give him the impetus to perform I reckon[/quote]

I wouldn''t be surprised if this is the case, you''ll notice Morison never seems to smile, even when he scores and he doesn''t look happy at all. Compare him to Holt who always has a smile on his face.

There''s definitely something up with Moro, he looks half the player he was.[/quote]Lambert needs his super man-management skills here.Morison is not a happy chap.

Find it hilarious to see some of the posts here about laziness etc.

I recall Andy Hughes, I am sorry to say Gary Holt, who had engines and could run all day but did they have the ability to win a game... No. Some players games are very different, and you have to respect that. All that running does not actually always put you in the right spot to score goals or execute in front of goal. Morison has shown he can score from outisde of the area, win aerial battles, push defenders off and score one on ones. This season we started with Vaughan being injured and many worried about Holt''s slow start to the season. Morison played international games as a lone striker and for us. He helped us get an amazing start and continued that through January.

Steve has leapt up leagues and from being in the lower leagues has almost scored 10 goals in the premiership, many of those goals coming as a lone striker, and I believe will still score a few more this season. A striker who could score 12+goals in his first season in the premiership has proved his worth.

I admire those sports stars who make the game look easy, Federer, Del Potro, Le Tissier and many others. Yes they were top of their games but what I can say is that there are different types of players. Morison seems to know his best way of keeping fresh for the hwole game and does not have the engine, but put the ball in the box and he and Grant Holt will score.

I think V. stiff upper lip is right, the next three months we will see who our second striker is alongside Holt. I believe Morison will finish the season with 12+ goals if he stays fit and I hope he turns the corner again to prove his mental toughness. I like the fact a player says to his team mates come on, play to my strengths, he may look like he sulks but he knows his strengths. He isn''t going to run around chasing the premiership centre halves who can pass the ball about at ease, remember these are international players. In the championship mistakes can happen and defences are not as good.

We have a good mix of forwards in the four currently at the club (with martin on loan), the next three months all can have a real go at making a stake to the striking positions for next season by putting in performances now to mathmatically have us safe in this division.

I honestly don''t care about the cup result, the performance wasn''t great by any one player. The league is what matters, bigger money and our club can become established and can come out of the red. We are building a club that can be self sufficient and we need premiership football. Steve Morison has had a part to play, as have all our players who have stepped up multiple divsions in some cases. We are now buying England U-21 internationals who will ahve a bright future and ahve young talent on loan proving their worth.

I do think in the summer we will look at a new striker, as I would think Wilby and Martin may move on. But I also expect us to look at a number of positions to improve. We have two new players to come in now in Howson and Bennett, but also Vaughan to re-kindle his start in the yellow and green. Things are looking promising and alot of that comes down to the team and the amazing season we have had, Morison has been part of that and continues to be part of it. Next season we will look to improve our squad but right now we have an exciting period of three strikers playing for that second spot alongside Holt for the remainder of the season to secure our place in this league.

Don''t know what some of our fans are wanting, just a bunch of players who will run through walls or ones who can actually score goals and win games. You want a mix and you want the players to respect that some our slightly different and play to each others strengths. The team ethic is superb, if you as winger know you can put the ball into the box and Morison and Holt are going to attack it brilliant, if you know that Moriosn will run into the channel for an outlet ball then brilliant.

I want us to stay in this league and establish ourselves long term, with a sustainable youth system, constant improvement in player personnel and build a legacy of excellence. The big picture is what we are looking at and this is a little issue that some are trying to blow out of all proportion which could damage our season, as we are not safe yet. Priority is safety and to have as many places up this division as possible.

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]He wasn''t at the races today. Looked totally disinterested. On twitter there are rumours about his private life which could be preying on his mind.Needed Holt on the bench to give him the impetus to perform I reckon[/quote]

I wouldn''t be surprised if this is the case, you''ll notice Morison never seems to smile, even when he scores and he doesn''t look happy at all. Compare him to Holt who always has a smile on his face.

There''s definitely something up with Moro, he looks half the player he was.[/quote]Lambert needs his super man-management skills here.Morison is not a happy chap.[/quote]Let''s hope he doesn''t read this thread then: it''s pretty shameful and we should look at ourselves when we''re 8th in the Premier League and still need an individual scapegoat for a collective failing yesterday.

Frankly we were shit yesterday, and Morison''s poor performance didn''t help proceedings.But, you can understand the frustration of a striker, who instead of being given decent supply to feed from, is instead being given a deluge of mis-placed, over hit passes, often out to the wing instead of being given a more central option against second string defenders...The problem was that instead of trying to encourage his team-mates, he seemed to have a bit of a hissy fit and sulked instead, which only made things worse, and certainly doesn''t fit in with the team mentality PL has tried so hard to instill in our players, something which I''m sure contributed to the substitution choice which Morison clearly wasn''t happy with.He''s scored some vital goals for us so far, and one bad performance shouldn''t cause the sort of reaction it has in some fans, but that being said, if there genuinely is an issue behind the scenes that''s having this impact, then immediate action needs taking before it''s allowed to escalate and de-stablise the team as a whole.Instead of using Morison as a scapegoat for a terrible TEAM performance, we should instead be asking WTF happened OVERALL yesterday, as virtually no-one looked bothered, and we played some of the worst football we have since the days of Grant et al. I''m pretty sure that Lambert will have his finger on the pulse with this and I would expect a much better performance against Man Utd - with or without Morison in the side.

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]He wasn''t at the races today. Looked totally disinterested. On twitter there are rumours about his private life which could be preying on his mind.Needed Holt on the bench to give him the impetus to perform I reckon[/quote]

There''s definitely something up with Moro, he looks half the player he was.[/quote]Lambert needs his super man-management skills here.Morison is not a happy chap.[/quote]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I would credit Morison''s first half of the season with making Holt a fitter and better player by providing competition.[/quote]......if morrisons performance made holt try harder and improve, then why is the opposite not happening. the more holt suceeds the less morro seems prepared to do. earlier in the season morrison was the preffered lone striker and rightly so, but now it has switched round and holt should be the preferred lone striker. morrisons reaction now should be the same as holts was at that earlier part of the season but i won''t hold my breath.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Gruffalo"]Here is a reminder as to why we signed MorisonAlso a few highlights since he has been with us here plus another hereShould we not be grateful for what we have?[/quote]Yes.  Steve Morison''s biggest problem is that he isn''t Grant Holt.  That''s rather an unfair problem to have.[/quote]Agreed, there are some fantastic finishes above. Not the complete striker maybe, but an extremely useful player to have in our armoury and we would probably need to spend over £10 million and/or get extremely lucky to find a striker that has everything to his game.  Morisons first touch could be improved, but I feel that he puts in more hard work than most, he is extremly gifted in numerous areas and a real handful for the majority of Premier League defenders.

[quote user="TheJarrold"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Hear, Hear!

Today Morison displayed nonchalant body language and just looked totally fed up with the game before it even started. I mean, most of us would give anything to be out there wearing the yellow shirt wouldn’t we?

I took Mrs Mustard and our two lads and Mrs M couldn’t believe how awful our passing was; “it’s like they didn’t know each other” she observed. “We’re not keeping the ball” and “No.14 is hopeless” and “that No.5 isn’t even trying”…

Walking home she simply said; “Wish I’d gone to have my nails done now!”…

PS: In two transactions (one for 2 tickets as ST’s and another for 2 tickets for her and my youngest) those 4 tickets cost £83.00 – money poorly spent and I’m far from happy.

PPS: I’d love to see Jay Rodriguez come here too.

[/quote]

Were you sitting in the City stand in the 20''s seats? There was a family sitting next to me and the Mum was quite ''vocal'' shall we say about Morison! LOL

Have to say that I did swear quite a bit and there were kids around so i do apologize if it was you and your family there but I was pretty angry with the team overall.

[/quote]

We were in the Upper Barclay; my six year old learned some new swear words from the guys sitting behind us anyway!...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Gruffalo"]Here is a reminder as to why we signed MorisonAlso a few highlights since he has been with us here plus another hereShould we not be grateful for what we have?[/quote]Yes.  Steve Morison''s biggest problem is that he isn''t Grant Holt.  That''s rather an unfair problem to have.[/quote]

He should think about sorting that out, starting by growing his hair, and kissing a tattoo when he scores. Who does he think he is, not being Grant Holt?

As someone else has already said, Steve Morison is overshadowed by Grant Holt. Holt has been here longer, is the established hero, has reasserted himself as the number 1 striker. Moro has an uphill battle to reassert himself. The question is really - does he have it within him? He is clearly a good striker, but can he handle not being the number 1 striker and having to fight for his place? I hope so. Competition for places is always said to be a good thing.

After THAT performance in the Leicester game and the open ranting we all saw I cannot imagine Paul Lambert would not have addressed it with the player in whatever way was appropriate.

Morison finds himself at a fork in the road and there are only two routes open to him; he needs to show a reaction. What we cannot know is how he and his colleagues have dealt with things - have they had it out or not - have they aired grievances so evident in the Leicester game and resolved them - or has the situation deteriorated?

How did Lambert see Morison react in training?

If Steve Morison is in the squad today and especially if he starts this will surely mean some things have been sorted and Moro has reacted the right way; as such the supporters need to get fully behind him, especially if he makes a few errors, so his confidence builds. He must not feel isolated in front of his own supporters.

It might even be that the player is truly fired up and with a point to prove, in which case Ferdinand and co had better watch out because alongside Holt, with quality balls into the box, he could batter them. We will know by 12-30pm.

Jackson would be unlucky not to start IMO but this would ideally be a game for a fit and firing Holt and Morison.

[quote user="lake district canary"]As someone else has already said, Steve Morison is overshadowed by Grant Holt. Holt has been here longer, is the established hero, has reasserted himself as the number 1 striker. Moro has an uphill battle to reassert himself. The question is really - does he have it within him? He is clearly a good striker, but can he handle not being the number 1 striker and having to fight for his place? I hope so. Competition for places is always said to be a good thing.[/quote]

Nail on the head LDC, I hope he fights back for his place and show the fans who dont rate him that they''re wrong.

Perhaps Steve Morison is a bit of an introvert? I watched the players warming up today and Morison was getting plenty of banter with Fox, Pilks and Holt in particular. Lambert included him but didn''t play him today and the players look like they''re on his side.

The shame is, a fit and firing Morison up front with Holt from the off might just have tipped the balance today.