Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Would QPR go for Lambert?

Warnock is under threat apparently and Tony Fernandes has said he admires Lambert.

I''m keeping one eye on that site especially as money is tight for Lambert at City.

Warnock is under threat apparently and Tony Fernandes has said he admires Lambert.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125057

When the day comes that Lambert goes to another club, I should hope it will be to a better club than QPR. I always said that when he goes I will just be thankful for job he has done here, but after all the controversy, debates and piss taking that has taken place between the two sets of supporters, I don''t think I could stand it if he went there.

lambert has too much intelligence and integrity to even contemplate such a move. he will leave us one day unfortunately, but only to a club at the top of the league, not one scrabbling around at the foot.

Its very likely they''d make an approach for him when Warnock goes, not so likely he''d consider it-but then again I don''t think he''d dismiss it entirely out of hand either.

Such is the ego of the QPR owners however, its probable that they''ll try to get a world renowned coach in first-there was lots of talk about Lippi before, so someone of that nature, they''d certainly have tapped up O''Neill and Ancelotti as well, had they not just got new jobs.

So Lambert might not appreciate being 5th or 6th choice-however, would it be a logical step, Prem club with not much money to Prem club with (on paper) lots of money.

I think they''d definitely make noises about approaching him. Our response would be interesting.

Lambert won''t stay forever, but it does look like Colin is under threat of the axe. I just can''t see how we would let them have talks with him though - he''s far too important for us. Maybe if they offered us £1 Billion. Lambert is also very close friends with McNally, as he worked at Celtic during Lambert''s career there - that''s one reason why Lambert came to us.

Sure QPR would want him, but I can''t see how we would let them get their hands on him.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Would QPR go for Lambert?

[/quote]

Maybe.  The question should be "would Lambert go to QPR?" and I am highly confident the answer is "no".

Rumour is that Warnock has gone and Mark Hughes is replacing him.

QPR are not a structurally large club they have money but that money could go and the owners are still new etc.

A Newcastle / Everton / Aston Villa / Tottenham / Sunderland / west ham / leeds if promoted etc would be the ones to go for where you can get good players to sign for you. If we can do 2-3 seasons in the prem and get the stadium over 35,000 then its difficult to see whom he could leave for as the top 5 jobs have world class applicants for them.

I dont think he is poorly paid at City so I would not see this one happening as the QPR squad needs an overhaul and to get a top ten side out of them would cost a lot even if you could get the players.

When your buying in talent your buying in someone who has done what you want doing ergo if your Manchester United you hire someone who has won the champions league, if your Tottenham you hire someone who has got into the champions league/europe. Lambert is very good but he has not done that so theoretically he is most desirable to someone like Leeds/Birmingham or even a badly performing larger club.

Think Mike Walker & My Money is on Aston Villa

Tragically, QPR are deluded enough to think that they should be looking for highier profile names than PL!

Hilarious how a big bank balance can suddenly make you think you are a big club!

Lambert will be off to Everton or Villa in the next few years I think.

www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125119

All the QPR forums are saying he has gone and there is a 7.30 press release. Mark Hughes to replace him.

[quote user="Herman "]

Dortmund,Celtic or one of the "top 4/5" next,probably Spurs.

[/quote]

Agreed - One of those, or the Scotland job, are the only things I can see him leaving us for. And of that, Dortmund are unlikely to go for a manager from outside Germany; and United, City, Chelsea would all most likely be looking for ''bigger name'' managers.

I could see him going to Spurs or Arsenal though, especially if ''Arry takes the England job in the summer, and/or Wenger retires. QPR? Not a chance.

Why oh why do we go through this everytime a manager is sacked!! Boring. He ain''t going.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote] Agreed - One of those, or the Scotland job, are the only things I can see him leaving us for. And of that, Dortmund are unlikely to go for a manager from outside Germany; and United, City, Chelsea would all most likely be looking for ''bigger name'' managers. I could see him going to Spurs or Arsenal though, especially if ''Arry takes the England job in the summer, and/or Wenger retires. QPR? Not a chance.[/quote]

Harry may be staying at Her Majesty''s Pleasure shortly!...

[quote user="andyc24_uk"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote] Agreed - One of those, or the Scotland job, are the only things I can see him leaving us for. And of that, Dortmund are unlikely to go for a manager from outside Germany; and United, City, Chelsea would all most likely be looking for ''bigger name'' managers. I could see him going to Spurs or Arsenal though, especially if ''Arry takes the England job in the summer, and/or Wenger retires. QPR? Not a chance.[/quote]

Hopefully abroad really.I couldn''t bare to see him manage another team in England straight after us.I''d be like a jealous ex.

First Wiz,very prescient of you.Crystal balls??

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="andyc24_uk"][quote user="Herman "]

Hopefully abroad really.I couldn''t bare to see him manage another team in England straight after us.I''d be like a jealous ex.

First Wiz,very prescient of you.Crystal balls??

[/quote]

;

Yep Herman, they''re very clear this evening. [;)]

PL is Norwich manager and to think of him going to any other club is unthinkable.   He has stuck by us, brought in his own players, has a set up which presumably he likes and has taken two and a half years to build.    His team is being successful, he is idolised by the fans - why would he want to leave at the present time?    I would think he will want to carry on at Norwich until he feels he can''t take them any further - and that could be quite a few years away (I hope). 

There is something intrinsically wrong at QPR, decent managers are aware of where the serious problems are and stay away. Remember how hard a job the paupers had in bringing anyone in. They even admitted that after Keane, Megson turned them down !QPR cannot survive in the Premier League if they remain at Loftus Road. The likely plan for them is to sell the ground, move in with Fulham and wait for the new stadium to be built. Assuming the various dodgy types that hang round the club don''t simply see a very valuable piece of real estate in the centre of London and take the money and run.

I think QPR will have more pressing premiership survival issues than ground capacity in the next few months City1st, I can see Tony appointing a new manager, handing him a wad and the brief to sort it out. Cue a number of big name, big wage panic purchases and QPR are likely to be staring at life in the Championship with numerous players earning £60-80,000 per week for the next couple of years at best.