Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

I''m going to venture into the conference this week and go with....

Luton Town....Home win.

All the best to Statto and all this weeks pickers.

I''m going to take a risk with the Belgies, who have let me down before, but I can''t see past Gent, who currently lie 2nd, beating bottom of the table St Truiden.

Home win for Gent for me.

Good luck all.

Got on here first time this morning[Y][<:o)]

Conference South for me. Dartford 2nd (home record W8 D2 L2 F24 A13) Thurrock 22nd (away record W3 D2 L8 F15 A26)

Dartford          v          Thurrock          Home Win

Good luck Statto[Y]

I''ve been looking after Legend Iwan''s pick. He picks in Italy with : -

Lecce          vs           Inter           Away Win

And of course sends his best wishes to Statto and all us PUPs.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Got on here first time this morning[Y][<:o)]

Conference South for me. Dartford 2nd (home record W8 D2 L2 F24 A13) Thurrock 22nd (away record W3 D2 L8 F15 A26)

Dartford          v          Thurrock          Home Win

Good luck Statto[Y]

[/quote]

Thanking them for super Cody![Y]

Good luck this week Statto, I think I''m going to stick in England, where I expect:Reading to beat Bristol CityShould be an interesting week and hopefully we can get a win.  Good luck Statto and all you Pups.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]A trip to Egypt, where Al Ahly SC should beat Al Mokawloon.

Al Ahly are second in the league, 5/1/0 at home. Al Mokawloon are in the relegation places and are 0/2/5 away.

Al Ahly are unbeaten in 33 league games stretching into last season, and recently beat Al Mokawloon 5-1 away.

Their doesnt seem to be a lot of goals in this league, so I dont see this as a cert, but the stats point towards a comfortable win.

Best of luck Statto!
[/quote]

Steering clear of cups after last week''s pick. Silly[:$] of me not to realise that it is the bookies[8-|] who decide when a game finishes and not the footballing authorities. So Lille apparently only drew even though they won...[:O][:@][:(]

Moving on, tempted by Carpi in the Italian third division, but have gone with Trent''s Egyptian choice.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

Good evening one and all. Firstly, hearty thanks to you all for all your suggestions - I can honestly say that each and every one has been considered resulting in a day of far too much time spent looking up obscure league tables and form guides and too little trying to coax something that resembles PE out of my Year 10s. Anyhoo.....    I have often pondered when my turn comes round to pick six away teams, go for maximum odds and although in every likeliness fail spectacularly, dream of winning a four figure sum plus..... However, reality and the desire to win anything, however small for our great club''s academy brings me back to reality (And of course, my name of that infamous signature). Lastly, thanks as always to Nutty whos continued hard work makes this thread such a success and for me and I hope many others, a highlight of the week and example how support for our great club can bring such a disparate and scattered group of people together even if it is to nap an obscure team from the Ugandan premier league....    So without further ado or any more gilding of the lily, these are my 6 picks. Apologies if I havent gone for yours....my piece of paper has 25 fixtures scribbled down to these final few -       Bayern munich to beat Wolfsburg     Real Madrid to beat Zaragoza   (My nap also)       Wrexham to beat Bath      Al Ahly to beat Al Mowkaloon      Gent to beat St Truiden       Panathanaikos to beat Doxa Dramas     So there we have it- shouldn''t be a huge payout but I''ll settle for 6 3-0 wins :)        Thanks for all of your help and as always, here''s hoping for both a PUPs win and City win             Cheers

[quote user="Statto28"] Good evening one and all. Firstly, hearty thanks to you all for all your suggestions - I can honestly say that each and every one has been considered resulting in a day of far too much time spent looking up obscure league tables and form guides and too little trying to coax something that resembles PE out of my Year 10s. Anyhoo.....
    I have often pondered when my turn comes round to pick six away teams, go for maximum odds and although in every likeliness fail spectacularly, dream of winning a four figure sum plus..... However, reality and the desire to win anything, however small for our great club''s academy brings me back to reality (And of course, my name of that infamous signature). Lastly, thanks as always to Nutty whos continued hard work makes this thread such a success and for me and I hope many others, a highlight of the week and example how support for our great club can bring such a disparate and scattered group of people together even if it is to nap an obscure team from the Ugandan premier league....
    So without further ado or any more gilding of the lily, these are my 6 picks. Apologies if I havent gone for yours....my piece of paper has 25 fixtures scribbled down to these final few -
      Bayern munich to beat Wolfsburg
     Real Madrid to beat Zaragoza   (My nap also)
       Wrexham to beat Bath
      Al Ahly to beat Al Mowkaloon
      Gent to beat St Truiden
       Panathanaikos to beat Doxa Dramas

So there we have it- shouldn''t be a huge payout but I''ll settle for 6 3-0 wins :)
        Thanks for all of your help and as always, here''s hoping for both a PUPs win and City win
             Cheers
[/quote]

Thank you Statto. These are an excellent final six. They look nailed on to me and only cruel misfortune can stop us recording a win this weekend.

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is £32.87 : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Al Ahly Cairo @ 1/5
Bayern Munich @ 1/6
Real Madrid @ 1/14
Wrexham @ 1/4
Gent @ 2/7
Panathinaikos @ 4/11
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
27/01/2012 23:32:0410.000.00

Bayern Munich get us underway tomorrowat 2:30pm followed by Wrexham at 3pm, Al Ahly at 5:15pm and both Gent and Real Madrid at 7pm. Hopefully we will be unbeaten over night and Panathanaikos will see us home at 3:15 on Sunday.

Good luck all you PUPs [:)]

Better just post this now in case it becomes irrelevant!

I had a small bet yesterday on the Canaries to win the FA Cup. Last of the big spenders that I am I put and extra pound on for the PUPs. Got 100/1.[:)]

[quote user="Statto28"]One down, 5 hurdles left to jump[/quote]Wrexham arent far off either.I think Madrid are as about as certain as it gets, so it looks like this week has a great chance!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Statto28"]One down, 5 hurdles left to jump[/quote]Wrexham arent far off either.I think Madrid are as about as certain as it gets, so it looks like this week has a great chance![/quote]

Don''t say that, Madrid (and Barca) are ''certain'' in every game there not playing each other in the league, but they don''t both end on 36 wins out of 26 each season...

Looking good so far though.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Statto28"]One down, 5 hurdles left to jump[/quote]Wrexham arent far off either.I think Madrid are as about as certain as it gets, so it looks like this week has a great chance![/quote]

Don''t say that, Madrid (and Barca) are ''certain'' in every game there not playing each other in the league, but they don''t both end on 36 wins out of 26 each season...

Looking good so far though.[/quote]I certainly hope not, as that would defy all logic [;)]I know its premature, but every time Ive ever Napped Madrid they come in with a convincing win. So I know they wont let us down! [:)]Still 2-0 to Wrexham. 2 down 4 to go!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Don''t say that, Madrid (and Barca) are ''certain'' in every game there not playing each other in the league, but they don''t both end on 36 wins out of 26 each season... [/quote]Wait until Sepp Blatter and his cronies get hold of the Spanish FA system.