Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Your moment of 2011

It''s fair to say it has been some year so what''s everyone''s standout moment of 2011? Mine is being on the pitch on Fratton Park and experiencing an untouchable euphoric buzz. That and also that night in April down the A140. 5-1 and all ;)

3. Holt''s equaliser v. Liverpool - I was in a bar in Stevenage full of plastic Liverpool fans giving it, until the big man pops up, Ruddy''s save at the end weren''t half bad either

2. Simeon Jackson''s last minute winner v. Derby - as Mr Chops has said just an unbelievable end to an unbelievable game, was this when QPR had thought they''d won the league as well?

1. Fratton Park - Just the whole day really, 3-0 to Boro v. Cardiff then our victory, a top moment as the final whistle went, one of my best as a Norwich fan  

Simeons goal against Derby for me.

Hadn''t heard Carrow Road like that since the 85 Semi Final, plus hugging the nearest bloke to me (no I don''t know him and havent seen him since!)

Simeon Jackson late late goal against Derby.  I''ve never celebrated a goal like that before and I doubt I will for a very long time!

I could easily say beating 1p5wich 5-1 but I was only at the beamback, I could also say Fratton Park but I was only watching it on telly and I could also say the draw at Anfield (I was actually there this time!) but Jackson''s goal just pips it to the top. [:)]

Has to be not the moment of 2011 but the whole 90 minutes at Scum HQ last April 0-1 0-2 0-3 1-3 then 1-4 and the final nail by Pacheco 1-5.It has taken me 48 years of watching City to witness such humiliation inflicted on the Scum and i am still loving every single minute of it.[Y]

Simeon Jackson''s 95th minute goal vs Derby County - I have never seen or heard the carrow road faithful go so wild, especially the snakepit bundle when Jacko et al went over to them.

Equally the 1-5 demolition of Ipswich at Portman Road was as big a moment as any in recent years.

1p5wich beamback for me. The aura in the town afterwards was absolutely unforgettable. It also was a demonstration of just how good we were last season and why we deserve to be where we are now.

I know I should say Portsmouth but it was one of the longest ,agonising 90 mins of my life......instead I''d have to say when the 4th went in at Portman Rd. To see 50% of the filfty scummers, in unison up and leave with 10 mins left is a sight I will take to my grave!!

Without doubt Jackson''s winner against Derby. I''ve been to some big games at carrow road but never heard carrow road that loud before. What a game. Oh and scunny at home I was in krakow on my stag do and we found a bar with the game on. That topped my stag do. What a result. Pissed up dancing around the square in krakow singing grant Holt songs . Ha ha ha .

What a great post :) It really sums up what a great club we have.

1) for me has to be Fratton Park without a doubt. The whole day was incredible! From spending the day in Portsmouth and their fans all coming up to us wishing us promotion, to the atmosphere in the pub watching Cardiff being thrashed 0-3 and realising promotion could be reality. The general atmosphere inside Fratton Park was electric the whole game but the buzz from the final whistle is a memory that I am taking with me to the grave! It gives me goosebumps now! I have the whole thing on video on my camera, the singing, the chants, on the pitch hugging Hoolahan... priceless moment of my life!!

2) Simmo''s goal against Derby!

Oh and I want to add a number 3...

3) Radio Norfolk commentary!! Its gonna go in.... Its gonna go in... The place is going bananas..... FIVEEEE - ONEEEEEEEEE. Thats the derby in the bag! Utter Chaos at Carrow Road. Norwich City have managed the impossible... Great times they should make a CD of it!

Seeing them walk out and line up at Chelsea. Wigan and Stoke didn''t feel like Prem matches but Chelsea was when I really felt beyond doubt that we''d made it back.That and Holty introducing himself to John Terry, that''s when I knew we weren''t here just to enjoy the moment this time. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Has to be not the moment of 2011 but the whole 90 minutes at Scum HQ last April 0-1 0-2 0-3 1-3 then 1-4 and the final nail by Pacheco 1-5.It has taken me 48 years of watching City to witness such humiliation inflicted on the Scum and i am still loving every single minute of it.[Y][/quote]

Exactly that for me too. And I''m glad I had to wait all these years for it. I took every second in and that night will stay with me forever.

The best  was at portaloo rd and the 4th goal going in and getting covered in fanta orange.....and too have my son with me to witness it.Like til says been along time taking it from them, and was worth the waiting for [:D] but after simeons goal  i dont think ive heard an atmosphere like that at carrow rd since 85 ......just pure quality from the canary faithfull.......we deserved those moments![;)]

Not just one but 3 spring to mind for me!

Jacksons unbelieveable winner against Derby and the awesome let out of emotion in the moments afterwards!

The surreal Thursday night at Portakabin Road when we totally p*ssed on them!

Portsmouth away!

Jacksons goal against derby. Phone fell out of pocket and hugged random stranger in front of me picking it up. But best of all was, as sitting behind away dugout, banging on the top and causing Robbin savage to turn round and laugh. Loved it

I live in Sheffield, so I mostly get to away games, just making a couple visits to Carrow Road per season.I happened to be in Norwich on the day of the match v Derby, and decided I just had time to make it before catching a train back. So me and a mate queued up early, got a ticket from the buy-back scheme, and went along.One of the moments of the year anyway, without a doubt, but to make that game when I didn''t expect I would, and to be there when that moment happened....All I can say is...."WWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!"

I always like an under dog and Mcveigh''s header aganist wolves during the first leg play off victory is still one of my favourite goals. So for 2011 and as an alternative to the obvious previuosly mentioned highlights I''ll go for Hoolihan''s opener aginst Leicester at the Walker/king power filbert street stadium. during our 3-2 win. He was by far the smallest player in the box but as is normal one of the quickest thinkers.