Sign in to follow this  
mikewalker

Summer holidays

Are any of you supreme worryists actually going away/staying at home for a few weeks in the sun or are you all keeping the vigil of obsessing about every possible permutation of newspaper rumour/ released free agent / expensive car number plate that comes into your beady view?

Get a grip fools. As a wise man once said "life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it"

Think on, eh?

[quote user="mikewalker"]

Are any of you supreme worryists actually going away/staying at home for a few weeks in the sun or are you all keeping the vigil of obsessing about every possible permutation of newspaper rumour/ released free agent / expensive car number plate that comes into your beady view?

Get a grip fools. As a wise man once said "life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it"

Think on, eh?

[/quote]

Sorry but I will be having yet another boring 2weeks at my Villa in Cyprus and flying on to Kenya to visit Friends, who run a Safari lodge in Tsavo west, you can see my pic on Pinkun fans accross the world, I spent 2 days helping out at the Elephant Sanctuary, To me that is fantastic type of Holiday but others think I''m mad, what do you think,  

"Sorry but I will be having yet another boring 2weeks at my Villa in

Cyprus and flying on to Kenya to visit Friends, who run a Safari lodge

in Tsavo west, you can see my pic on Pinkun fans accross the world, I

spent 2 days helping out at the Elephant Sanctuary, To me that is

fantastic type of Holiday but others think I''m mad, what do you think,"I think I''m gonna get me some ponies, there''s money in it.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Sorry but I will be having yet another boring 2weeks at my Villa in Cyprus and flying on to Kenya to visit Friends, who run a Safari lodge in Tsavo west, you can see my pic on Pinkun fans accross the world, I spent 2 days helping out at the Elephant Sanctuary, To me that is fantastic type of Holiday but others think I''m mad, what do you think,"

I think I''m gonna get me some ponies, there''s money in it.
[/quote]

Having co-owned ponies courtesey of the missus I can certainly confirm there is money to be made - but only if you breed them or deal.  Dont think theres much money in the riding school market nowadays with insurance costs 

If they sit in the field and do nothing else (which ours have done) then all they do is cost vets bills and food. 

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Sorry but I will be having yet another boring 2weeks at my Villa in Cyprus and flying on to Kenya to visit Friends, who run a Safari lodge in Tsavo west, you can see my pic on Pinkun fans accross the world, I spent 2 days helping out at the Elephant Sanctuary, To me that is fantastic type of Holiday but others think I''m mad, what do you think,"

I think I''m gonna get me some ponies, there''s money in it.
[/quote]

Having co-owned ponies courtesey of the missus I can certainly confirm there is money to be made - but only if you breed them or deal.  Dont think theres much money in the riding school market nowadays with insurance costs 

If they sit in the field and do nothing else (which ours have done) then all they do is cost vets bills and food. 

[/quote]

Argh I''ve been sussed, I do breed horses and sell them on and also loan them out, and have a waiting list of 600 people who want to take out a loan pony, I am well known through the equine quarter and have met quite a few footballers, with wifes wanting ponies for the kids,

My insurance is £4.000 a year which covers liabillity and live stock, and with every horse comes a Pass port, which your Vet has to fill in (£17 each) I don''t have riding school insurance anymore for learner or compitent rider as it is so expensive and a lot of schools are closeing, I have the easy job now as I retired from manual labour due to my Dicky ticker, all I do now is shout at the mad people who work for me, and visit ponies out on loan, and horse fares    

i havent had a holiday in 10 years and sadly wont be having one this year either...wont miss a second of the pre season transfers etc.

i had my summer holiday in Feb/March

loved it at the time but it don''t half seem a long wait til next year!

good job the NCFC news is keeping me entertained then

I''m not going anywhere until after the season starts, and even then its not abroad (and some might not consider it a holiday, considering I''ll be spending my week off walking the 84 miles of Hadrians Wall National Trail for charidee).

In a few weeks, though, my job will be based out of Carrow Road, so I''ll be in prime position to spot those interesting registration numbers... I''ll keep you all posted...

Hardian Wall ?

I thought it was just over 70 mile

84 miles might take you out to sea, be warned

A two week holiday in florida playing golf and visiting lots of theme parks and water parks is a great holiday however when you leave the monday after the opening weekend it does kind of put the dampner on things seeing as I will be missing out on Premier League football [:P]

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard"]

In a few weeks, though, my job will be based out of Carrow Road, so I''ll be in prime position to spot those interesting registration numbers... I''ll keep you all posted...

[/quote]You are our marquee signing and I claim my £5

[quote user="Boyo''"]A two week holiday in florida playing golf and visiting lots of theme parks and water parks is a great holiday however when you leave the monday after the opening weekend it does kind of put the dampner on things seeing as I will be missing out on Premier League football

Don''t go looking for your ball near the water. LOL

City 1st wrote: Hardian Wall ? I thought it was just over 70 mile. 84 miles might take you out to sea, be warned

Its 84 miles... check it out... http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/hadrianswall/

Buckethead wrote: You are our marquee signing and I claim my £5

Rumbled. Lambert has been watching my return to fitness on the 7-a-side pitches at the UEA this past month or so and has been impressed with my range of passing and control on the ball.  He''s also been kind enough to give me the week off to complete my walk in August.

I''m now off to buy myself a personalised registration plate for my 1998 1.2 Ford Fiesta (purple)...

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="mikewalker"]

Think on, eh?

[/quote]

Sorry but I will be having yet another boring 2weeks at my Villa in Cyprus and flying on to Kenya to visit Friends, who run a Safari lodge in Tsavo west, you can see my pic on Pinkun fans accross the world, I spent 2 days helping out at the Elephant Sanctuary, To me that is fantastic type of Holiday but others think I''m mad, what do you think,  

[/quote]

JAMBO... Best Holiday in Kenya apart from Mozzies.. been their twice, once over the new year, went to Tree tops(Think it was called that) then to the Hilton as part of the safri we booked, plus a trip near Killimanjaro... Wore my Norwich shirt on the beech... they all thought it was Brazil, Traded my Old England top for Hand carved statues, chess board!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="mikewalker"]

Think on, eh?

[/quote]

[/quote]

JAMBO... Best Holiday in Kenya apart from Mozzies.. been their twice, once over the new year, went to Tree tops(Think it was called that) then to the Hilton as part of the safri we booked, plus a trip near Killimanjaro... Wore my Norwich shirt on the beech... they all thought it was Brazil, Traded my Old England top for Hand carved statues, chess board!!

[/quote]

Jambo Habari, My favourite Safari lodge is Shimba hills, built into the trees in the  rain forest, you had a very long platform for you to walk throught  the trees and watch the wild life below such as Elephants  Rhino, I know what you mean about the shirt, you can buy a lot of things with them, they didn''t get my shirt but as i''m over there every year I do have friends that I do a little trade with, such like I take him leather footballs and a couple of shirts, and a few things for the local orphanage He lends me his Land rover, Both me and my wife love the place the people and everything Kenya.

Was thinking of selling my Villa in Cyprus and buy a place in Mombasa, I don''t know if I ever will though, Besides you can buy Tuska in Morrisons lol I can wait till mid july for my next sample

Kwa Heri.  

As work has been pretty s***e this last year (I am self employed) a holiday would be great but isn''t going to happen . A couple of years ago the wife and I spent a few days celebrating our wedding anniversary in Dublin trying the Guinness and listening to the music in the bars. Boy how I could do with that again!

My last a-level exam was yesterday...To be honest all of my time from March onwards has been spent revising and focusing on the exams.I''m going to Sweden at the end of this month so that should be good [:)]

Getting married in a couple of months (to another poster on this forum, as it happens :-)) and going on our honeymoon to Italy for a fortnight at the end of August. Can''t wait!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]WAHAAAAY!  [/quote]

Surprised that no one on here hasn''t already suggested that you''ve got your '' W '' and '' H '' the wrong way round, Mello........
[/quote]

I''m an alleged Geordie - who is slightly dyslexic....maybe?

[quote user="Canarino"]Getting married in a couple of months (to another poster on this forum, as it happens :-)) and going on our honeymoon to Italy for a fortnight at the end of August. Can''t wait![/quote]

Congrats to you and fellow poster[Y] T''other side of the Adriatic for me this year.

[quote user="Canarino"]Getting married in a couple of months (to another poster on this forum, as it happens :-)) and going on our honeymoon to Italy for a fortnight at the end of August. Can''t wait![/quote]

Does she know yet? :)

I should hope she does crabby. I''m the fella and Canarino is the gal. At least the last time I checked, come August 16th it''s going to be a fight for the trousers.

[quote user="Divs crew"]I''m off to Kuala Lumpur for 2 weeks over christmas [:D] (thats Malaysia) <----for those who didn''t know!!!!![/quote]I went to Malaysia the year we did our pre season there, spent a week in Penang and a week in Kuala Lumpa, best holiday I''ve ever had, prefered Penang though.