Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

If he did go, we know he wont....

this is such a pointless thread, hes not going!! and why would anyone want ady boothroyd as manager?! failed playing hoof ball for consecutive seasons

agree totally uae canary.

Totally Pointless Thread.... Theres enough stupid rumors, why bother adding fuel to the fire?

Paul Lambert is Norwich City!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Top 5 Replacements

1.Paul Ince

2.Big Sam

3.Dario Gradi

4.Lee Clark

5.A.Boothroyd

[/quote]

In your other thread you say we could easily replace him now we have Premier League football & money, and your number one candidate to replace him would be Paul Ince?? [^o)] [8-)]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Top 5 Replacements

1.Paul Ince

2.Big Sam

3.Dario Gradi

4.Lee Clark

5.A.Boothroyd

[/quote]

glad your not on the board but clark is a good shout

oneil or poyet for me

It''s against my better judgement that i''m partaking in this, but:1. Martin O''Neil2. Gus Poyet3. Alan Curbishley4. Karl Robinson5. Malky MackayAnd i hate to say it, given our recent history with former players at the helm, but i''ve always reckoned Dion Dublin would make a good manager, ever since his latter spell here. The players were clearly endeared to him, and i suspected he commanded more authority in the dressing room in the way that he was referenced to in the papers by the players on a weakly basis, with nothing but praise.Having served under Sir Alex Ferguson, Graham Taylor, and Ron Atkinson; like Lambert, he seemed a studious player that would have been somewhat cultivated by their methods in his appriach to the game also in my opinion.

He wont.But for fun; 1. Martin O''Neil                   2. Lee Clark                   3. Gus Poyet                   4. Roberto Martinez

Glenn Roeder

He''ll help take us back down two divisions then we can do it all over again and have that same feelgood factor that we have now.

I''m whetting my appetite already by looking at my programme collection from 2009/10 season. What can be better than Hartlepool away or Oldham away.

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s not going and this is a dumb thread, and I should know, I''ve started quite a few! [:D][/quote]

Haha! It would have to be O''Neill for me, but like most of Delia''s sheep I would not swap Lamb-ert for the world.

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s not going and this is a dumb thread, and I should know, I''ve started quite a few! [:D][/quote]

Whatever you have been drinking Wiz to make such an admission can you give Bly a pint?[;)]

I don''t think it''s a stupid thread at all! Lambert will leave at some point whether people like it or not! No manager stays forever (Fergie excluded)

Easy answer is Martin O Neil, No one comes near his pedigree.

[quote user="John"]It''s against my better judgement that i''m partaking in this, but:1. Martin O''Neil2. Gus Poyet3. Alan Curbishley4. Karl Robinson5. Malky MackayAnd i hate to say it, given our recent history with former players at the helm, but i''ve always reckoned Dion Dublin would make a good manager, ever since his latter spell here. The players were clearly endeared to him, and i suspected he commanded more authority in the dressing room in the way that he was referenced to in the papers by the players on a weakly basis, with nothing but praise.Having served under Sir Alex Ferguson, Graham Taylor, and Ron Atkinson; like Lambert, he seemed a studious player that would have been somewhat cultivated by their methods in his appriach to the game also in my opinion.[/quote]

John - I have to disagree on the Dion front. As a human being and an ambassador for football he''s top drawer but whenever I''ve seen him interviewed I''ve been left woefully unimpressed by his football and tactical knowledge.

His efforts on Sky and Late Kick Off are limited to cliches and he gives very little insight. Whilst this isn''t neccesarily an overwhelming problem for a manager (PL himself isn''t exactly Mr Saturday Night) a manager needs a certain level of intelligence and eloquence and the players will quickly lose confidence if they know the boss is no more knowledgeable than them. There are also many times where, when asked a question, he veers way off topic, appearing to actually forget what the original question was. I''m more than willing to accept that this is due to nerves and still being a novice in terms of the media. However, he doesn''t seem to be any better when given time to formulate his answers.

After we went down he was quoted in one written article as saying that if he were in charge the players he''d look to bring in would be Matthew Gilks, Andy Hughes and Peter Thorne because on the training ground and in the dressing room they were big characters and winners. Knowing how City fans were feeling, what would possess him to suggest that 2 of our least beloved players of the last few years and a player who never even got off the bench for us even when we were at our lowest ebb, would be the answer? If this is the rationale he is working to, could you imagine his attempts to motivate a dressing room?

I have all the time in the world for Dion Dublin as a player and a person, but we absolutely can''t let his high-standing in some areas blind us to the fact that he''d be no more capable than Bryan Gunn was, if, god forbid, PL was to move to pastures new.

I hear Roy Keane is available. In all seriousness what the hell people? There has been the odd speculative story in the press and thats it. Dont get why people are whipping themselves into a frenzy about this. And I am one of the more pessismistic football fans around.

Total and utter pointless thread, you saw the man milking the atmosphere on the last day, he had agreed the budget and he''s achieved so much but know''s there is more to come.........why would he want to drop down a league and work with a board who do their business through the media and even slate their manager and players in the media, this is certainly not Paul Lambert''s style......don''t forget WHU are virtually bust and will be like Pompey and Hull and have to clear out anybody they can to reduce the wage bill.