Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

If he did go, we know he wont....

Can all the people saying ''what a pointless thread'' please:

a - read the OP where it says that its just for debate and not because anyone thinks Lambert is leaving

b - if you''re still grinding your teeth in anger at the very thought of people having a conversation you don''t like, click the ''Main Discussion'' button and look for another thread that DOES interest you.

You know, either that or turn off your computer and go for a cycle ride or paint a picture. Something like that.

Back to the matter at hand - the only thing that would soften such a terrible blow for me would be O''Neill returning. Anyone else would feel like a backward step.

Mario. Certainly not grinding teeth in anger. The OP is usually pretty good, actually. Thing is there are other posters that try so hard to rock our very stable boat.(just look at some of the others). Its taken many years to get this comfortable with our position, (even after worthy''s promotion winning side, there was no real confidence). Paul Lambert has already said he is fed up with the rumors, and he loves Norwich City, so we should be firmly on his ''side'' and not even talk about it just now. Just my opinion however humble it is.

Paul Lambert given another 2 years will have us firmly established in premier league, would love to see him accomplish this.

[quote user="TRAVIS ASKEW"]Mario. Certainly not grinding teeth in anger. The OP is usually pretty good, actually. Thing is there are other posters that try so hard to rock our very stable boat.(just look at some of the others). Its taken many years to get this comfortable with our position, (even after worthy''s promotion winning side, there was no real confidence). Paul Lambert has already said he is fed up with the rumors, and he loves Norwich City, so we should be firmly on his ''side'' and not even talk about it just now. Just my opinion however humble it is.

Paul Lambert given another 2 years will have us firmly established in premier league, would love to see him accomplish this.[/quote]

Amen brother. Just seems like sometimes people spend more time hating than they do debating.

Seperating this from Norwich altogether, if I were an upper Champ/Low Prem Chairman looking for a new manager right now, I''d turn to Lee Clark first and Malky Mackay second. Both have shown good ability in identifying young players and bringing them on, both are good tactically and both know football, having played at very high levels. Sure, their managerial experience is lacking in the top flight, but frankly those that are successful in the top flight with their sort of pedigree are all pretty much employed themselves.But as others have said, Lambert''s not leaving and I suspect we''ll only see him leave to an established, bigger club.

Am i the only one not all that impressed with Lee Clark? Huddersfield are financed by wealthy backers, standards of attendances more or less correlate with their league position, and they were reasonally well set-up with realistic aspirations for the Championship prior to his arrival. Going by what i''ve read, Huddersfield fans didn''t really rate him after the first year under his management (some still don''t).The manner in which Huddersfield have progressed in the past couple of years strikes me as being "decent enough" but far from spectacular. They seemed to have followed the path they promised to after being taken over by Dean Hoyle in 2008, without defying expectation in the way Poyet, Malky, Robinson, or Lambert have.I''d sooner have Paul Tisdale, Keith Hill, or Mark Robins as manager before i so much as considered Lee Clark.

[quote user="John"]Am i the only one not all that impressed with Lee Clark? Huddersfield are financed by wealthy backers, standards of attendances more or less correlate with their league position, and they were reasonally well set-up with realistic aspirations for the Championship prior to his arrival. Going by what i''ve read, Huddersfield fans didn''t really rate him after the first year under his management (some still don''t).The manner in which Huddersfield have progressed in the past couple of years strikes me as being "decent enough" but far from spectacular. They seemed to have followed the path they promised to after being taken over by Dean Hoyle in 2008, without defying expectation in the way Poyet, Malky, Robinson, or Lambert have.I''d sooner have Paul Tisdale, Keith Hill, or Mark Robins as manager before i so much as considered Lee Clark.[/quote]reasonably* Amongst others. [:$]

When we beat Huddersfield in the League One season, a number of the players referred to "settling a score" with Lee Clark.  I wonder if he learned more from Glenn Roeder than is good for a person who aims to lead other people.