Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Lambert signs new and improved contract with Norwich City

All great news, though just a tad annoying that we know the minimum facts with a lot of twaddle (for want of a better word!) making up the rest of the article!

Is he on a long-term contract? Is it a rolling 12-month contract? Is there a substantial release clause etc etc etc

Ok, we don''t expect all details to be told but a bit more meat on the bones would be nice.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]What are the actual facts though other than a new improved contract???
[/quote]

Don''t give anything away does it, we still don''t know anything 

I''m sure it will be a continuation of his one year rolling contract, but with new terms (ie, an improved salary).

Improved salary and bigger compensation/release clause I imagine.

"Paul has stressed to me he has never wished to leave as he and the fans have unfinished business in the Premier League" :D

He''s now confirmed that it is NOT a long term contract. Simon Thomas asked him is it a rolling contract and he declined to answer

What are people worrying about? He''s more than delivering what''s been expected of him and he wants a contract to reflect that. What I''m pleased about is that he''s stated that he and his team want to stay here and help Norwich realise their potential. IMO, Norwich have never lookd in better shape, even in the early ''90s we knew that the chairman would sell on all too quickly... and he did.

Hopefilly we will stop getting silly player signings now, Lambert himself said the likes of Owen, Beckham etc is NEVER gonna happen. He wants players who want to play for the club and give it a real go, not those who will jsut come in to make up numbers and play for money.

[quote user="K Lo"]What are people worrying about? He''s more than delivering what''s been expected of him and he wants a contract to reflect that. What I''m pleased about is that he''s stated that he and his team want to stay here and help Norwich realise their potential. IMO, Norwich have never lookd in better shape, even in the early ''90s we knew that the chairman would sell on all too quickly... and he did.[/quote]

Exactly mate,...HE LOVES US AND HIS OTHER 2 MUSKETEERS LOVES US,THE BOARD IS THE BEST EVER... DELIA/McNALLY AND I FOULGER AND I KEEP FORGETING FOULGER WHO HAS SPENT LOADS!....QPR Board wont even talk to their fans "the prices are what they are!" ..Arrogant sob`s

Lambert states"he never wanted to leave here and wants to establish Norwich as a prem side"

I couldnt be happier if this was a sat nite after my 5th pint! :):):)

So PL''s contract is ''New and Improved'' - but we''re not told in which way it''s ''New and Improved''? Try marketing a new shampoo like that and you''d rightly be accused of treating people like idiots!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]So PL''s contract is ''New and Improved'' - but we''re not told in which way it''s ''New and Improved''? Try marketing a new shampoo like that and you''d rightly be accused of treating people like idiots! [/quote]

Completely different. Why should we care how much he has had is salary increased by? Lambert said it isn''t a long term contract so it''s almost certainly still the 12 month rolling contract, just with a larger salary for the three of them.

"Is he on a long-term contract? Is it a rolling 12-month contract? Is there a substantial release clause etc etc etc "

Why not simply do what is done with transfer fees ?

Select a number, add a few noghts, have a scratch, a think, then double it and then add another nought and. hey presto ...

.................... you have the figure

As to the protracted negotiations it speaks volumes for the club. Lambert could reasily have demanded what he wanted given the last two years achievements

So if it did take some while then fair play to both of them.

Suggests we are not going to be a soft touch when we have to deal with agents.

I couldn''t contain my excitement on Twitter when the news came through.... YES!... WE HAVEN''T SIGNED ROHAN RICKETTS!. Great news about Lambert too.

Unfortunately it appears some have misread that as we HAVE signed Ricketts and somebody wants to know where I got the swoop from. So to clarify. thankfully, we''ve NOT signed Rohan Ricketts. It remains a great day at Fortress Carrow Rd, great to see all the other fellow City fans going nuts about it online too.

[quote user="Alex"]I couldn''t contain my excitement on Twitter when the news came through.... YES!... WE HAVEN''T SIGNED ROHAN RICKETTS!. Great news about Lambert too. Unfortunately it appears some have misread that as we HAVE signed Ricketts and somebody wants to know where I got the swoop from. So to clarify. thankfully, we''ve NOT signed Rohan Ricketts. It remains a great day at Fortress Carrow Rd, great to see all the other fellow City fans going nuts about it online too.[/quote]

[Y] did you tag/''mention'' him in you tweet? lol

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]So PL''s contract is ''New and Improved'' - but we''re not told in which way it''s ''New and Improved''? Try marketing a new shampoo like that and you''d rightly be accused of treating people like idiots! [/quote] Completely different. Why should we care how much he has had is salary increased by? Lambert said it isn''t a long term contract so it''s almost certainly still the 12 month rolling contract, just with a larger salary for the three of them.[/quote]

Yes, it''s different. You''re quite right there. I don''t expect to be told PL''s salary however if I was marketing to 20,000+ season ticket holders I would do lots of things in a different manner. I''ll keep my thoughts to myself then!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]So PL''s contract is ''New and Improved'' - but we''re not told in which way it''s ''New and Improved''? Try marketing a new shampoo like that and you''d rightly be accused of treating people like idiots! [/quote] Completely different. Why should we care how much he has had is salary increased by? Lambert said it isn''t a long term contract so it''s almost certainly still the 12 month rolling contract, just with a larger salary for the three of them.[/quote]

Yes, it''s different. You''re quite right there. I don''t expect to be told PL''s salary however if I was marketing to 20,000+ season ticket holders I would do lots of things in a different manner. I''ll keep my thoughts to myself then!

[/quote]

Not a lot of marketing needed when there are 21000 saeson ticket holders and another 2000 on the waiting list

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="Alex"]I couldn''t contain my excitement on Twitter when the news came through.... YES!... WE HAVEN''T SIGNED ROHAN RICKETTS!. Great news about Lambert too. Unfortunately it appears some have misread that as we HAVE signed Ricketts and somebody wants to know where I got the swoop from. So to clarify. thankfully, we''ve NOT signed Rohan Ricketts. It remains a great day at Fortress Carrow Rd, great to see all the other fellow City fans going nuts about it online too.[/quote]

[/quote]

''Fraid not Alysha, not sure entirely how it works but you have to be following them to quote them don''t you? Or can you quote them even if you''re not?.

First and best signing of the summer! Fantastic news for the club and supporters.

Now let''s get stuck in to the likes of ManUre and Liverpool etc! Bring it on!

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="alysha"]

[/quote] ''Fraid not Alysha, not sure entirely how it works but you have to be following them to quote them don''t you? Or can you quote them even if you''re not?.[/quote]

no I think your right, I just presumed you were following him too as when I heard he was going to have a trial with us I decided to follow and after seeing some of his tweets, I don''t want to see him anywhere near the club