Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

QPR v Sheff Utd tonight / FA hearing date

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]How iconic 2-0 Faurlin
[/quote]

I take it you mean ironic?? But yeah, typical that he scores!

Paul, have a read of this:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonline/cardiff-football/2011/03/10/the-qpr-story-explained-91466-28313125/

Seems to point to him being ineligible last season and prior to his ''contract extension'' in October.

Talk of a points deduction is just wishful thinking in my opinion.

I would say ''ironic'' , bearing in mind that Tevez relegated Sheff Utd from the Prem and now Faurlin potentially from the Champs..... [:D] 

The FA cleared him in October. So he is now eligible to play. But it does make you ask a few questions:

• He played regularly for QPR for about 18 months before that. By definition of the FA clearing him in October, surely he was ineligible to play during that 18 month period? I seem to remember the FA rulebook saying an illeligible player meant a 3 point deduction per game played in. That quite a few points in my book

• QPR it seems have also used unlicensed agents. Didn''t Luton get docked a few points of their 30 points for using unlicensed agents?

• What happened to the swift decision from the FA to avoid any uncertainty regarding playoffs and automatic promotion?

• Given what happened in the Carlos Tevez affair could other clubs legitimately sue for loss of revenue (due to failure to gain promotion)?

Not saying anything will happen but its just a classic example of the FA fudging the issue again!

[quote user="ricardo"]A 1-1 draw wouldn''t surprise me at all.[/quote]Well I got that wrong but I have been saying for weeks that they would win the league..I don''t think either Cardiff or Swansea will get more than 79 points so in my book QPR are home and dry for promotion.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ricardo"]A 1-1 draw wouldn''t surprise me at all.
[/quote]

Well I got that wrong but I have been saying for weeks that they would win the league..

I don''t think either Cardiff or Swansea will get more than 79 points so in my book QPR are home and dry for promotion.
[/quote]

They have led the division right from the start and have always had a decent cushion. Just goes to show the best defences often win leagues...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Paul, have a read of this: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonline/cardiff-football/2011/03/10/the-qpr-story-explained-91466-28313125/ Seems to point to him being ineligible last season and prior to his ''contract extension'' in October. Talk of a points deduction is just wishful thinking in my opinion.[/quote]

So if he was ineligible last season then QPR should now be in the 1st Division. It is going to be a tough one to sort out, that''s for sure, but as I stated a week or so back, if QPR are guilty and the FA are strong on this QPR could be relegated this season.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ricardo"]A 1-1 draw wouldn''t surprise me at all.[/quote]Well I got that wrong but I have been saying for weeks that they would win the league..I don''t think either Cardiff or Swansea will get more than 79 points so in my book QPR are home and dry for promotion.[/quote]

They have led the division right from the start and have always had a decent cushion. Just goes to show the best defences often win leagues...

[/quote]9 times out of 10 the 2 teams with the best goal difference are promoted (look it up if you don''t believe me).Those teams will be QPR and NCFC.

[quote user="Jacko"]

The FA cleared him in October. So he is now eligible to play. But it does make you ask a few questions:

• He played regularly for QPR for about 18 months before that. By definition of the FA clearing him in October, surely he was ineligible to play during that 18 month period? I seem to remember the FA rulebook saying an illeligible player meant a 3 point deduction per game played in. That quite a few points in my book

• QPR it seems have also used unlicensed agents. Didn''t Luton get docked a few points of their 30 points for using unlicensed agents?

• What happened to the swift decision from the FA to avoid any uncertainty regarding playoffs and automatic promotion?

• Given what happened in the Carlos Tevez affair could other clubs legitimately sue for loss of revenue (due to failure to gain promotion)?

Not saying anything will happen but its just a classic example of the FA fudging the issue again!

[/quote]

10 points out of the 30 Luton were deducted were for payments to unlicensed agents in respect of 4 transfers.

I genuinely can''t see the FA dishing out anything other than a fine, it''s too late in the day, any appeal against any points deduction would probably end up running past the end of the season and potentially altering the the automatic postions and play off line up which would be a ridiculous scenario, to dock them points this season for offences commited last season would be even more ridiculous.

However if, and I do mean if, they were deducted points to the maximum the FA are able, which I believe is 3 points per game (of which apparantly there were 6 before the problem was rectified) would the teams concerned in those 6 games be awarded the 3 points? And if so, anyone know if any of our rivals would benefit?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Paul, have a read of this: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonline/cardiff-football/2011/03/10/the-qpr-story-explained-91466-28313125/ Seems to point to him being ineligible last season and prior to his ''contract extension'' in October. Talk of a points deduction is just wishful thinking in my opinion.[/quote]

So if he was ineligible last season then QPR should now be in the 1st Division. It is going to be a tough one to sort out, that''s for sure, but as I stated a week or so back, if QPR are guilty and the FA are strong on this QPR could be relegated this season.

[/quote]

The glass isn''t half full with you is it, it''s overflowing! Not gonna happen in a million years!

Just shows what an absolute mess the whole thing is. The FA have known something wasnt right since October. Its completely their fault so we shouldn''t expect decisive action now like you say. The only certainty is that if we were to win 6 of the next 7 there is absolutely nothing Swansea or Cardiff could do to prevent us getting promotion. So I doubt anyone will be getting distracted by it.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

10 points out of the 30 Luton were deducted were for payments to unlicensed agents in respect of 4 transfers.

I genuinely can''t see the FA dishing out anything other than a fine, it''s too late in the day, any appeal against any points deduction would probably end up running past the end of the season and potentially altering the the automatic postions and play off line up which would be a ridiculous scenario, to dock them points this season for offences commited last season would be even more ridiculous.

However if, and I do mean if, they were deducted points to the maximum the FA are able, which I believe is 3 points per game (of which apparantly there were 6 before the problem was rectified) would the teams concerned in those 6 games be awarded the 3 points? And if so, anyone know if any of our rivals would benefit?

[/quote]

Just because the offences are historical should not rule out the correct punishment IMO, otherwise it gives a green light for clubs to hide material facts for as long as possible (ie into a following season) in order to avoid the severest punishment.   

Not only am I desperate for us to get automatic promotion, I''m also desperate for this case about QPR possibly getting docked points to be sorted out. Since this case was first brought up, there''s been nothing about it for absolutely ages and with only 7 games remaining I can''t see anything but a fine, mainly because it looks to me like it won''t be sorted out until the summer.

I can''t really see how a points deduction is appropriate however much it would benefit us. Any team playing against QPR knew this player was ''theirs''.

His play on the pitch in any game wasn''t enhanced in anyway by having something dodgy about his registration. Any fine will be more than covered by QPR''s backers and the vastly increased income from being in the Premier League. suspending the playing from so many games might sharpen minds but again will only benefit those clubs who play QPR during that period of suspension.

Sticking Warnock on a ducking stool in some of It''s a Knockout style game and having him plonked in and out of the Thames on live tv as a warm up before the FA Cup final might not address any wrong doing by the club, but might give comfort and enjoyment to the rest of football instead.

Alysha - HA HA HA - oh you do make us laugh... Crumble under pressure - WTF... Many QPR fans want nothing more than for you three finger folks to get promoted ahead of those two foreign teams however your constant bitching and whinging is slowly taking that will away. Why can''t you just concentrate on your own teams performance. We are the stand out best side in the division and all you keep doing is bitching willing us to lose points. Winning the league via default would be such a great success!

Good luck inbreads, hope you don''t throw 2nd away to those Welsh c**ts!

[quote user="DazzerQPR"]Alysha - HA HA HA - oh you do make us laugh... Crumble under pressure - WTF... Many QPR fans want nothing more than for you three finger folks to get promoted ahead of those two foreign teams however your constant bitching and whinging is slowly taking that will away. Why can''t you just concentrate on your own teams performance. We are the stand out best side in the division and all you keep doing is bitching willing us to lose points. Winning the league via default would be such a great success!

Good luck inbreads, hope you don''t throw 2nd away to those Welsh c**ts![/quote]Dazzer....... isnt that some kind of sexual disaster between the two chaps from NDubz ?Seriously, I didnt know there were so many small teams in and around the Chelsea area.Why dont yourselves, Palace and Watford join together and make one Uber London club.... that way you might also be able to get near our attendence figures as well ;)I would rather be relegated back to League One than have Colin W@nker as boss as well, that bloke is everything bad about management.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Hearing begins 3 May.Decision due on 6 May...[/quote]Ooh, interesting.......

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Hearing begins 3 May.Decision due on 6 May...[/quote]They really should have got it done before that.If QPR get enough points deducted to end up outside the top two, they will obviously appeal, and the appeal process will rumble on after the Playoffs have started. So what would happen if their deduction is reduced? Will the Playoffs restart?Although I guess the date means that a substantial points deduction is now out of the question.

Qpr''s hearing will start on the 3rd May and a decision will be reached by the 6th May,talk about bloody drag it out!! So with one game left the league will make up their minds,bloody crazy,if i was a Qpr fan i would be so nervous waiting till then.

And the punishment will be - look at difference to 3rd place and deduct 3 points from that points differential - their goal difference will take them into the Premiership even if they lose the last game!

As unlikely as a points deduction is, it also allows the authorities the safety net of knowing the points margin they have to play with. Its safe to assume QPR will finish top with a few points to spare, so any deduction would be well within that. I still say it will be a fine at most.

As I said in the QPR v Sheff Utd thread:[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]They really should have got it done before that.If

QPR get enough points deducted to end up outside the top two, they will

obviously appeal, and the appeal process will rumble on after the

Playoffs have started. So what would happen if their deduction is

reduced? Will the Playoffs restart?Although I guess the date means that a substantial points deduction is now out of the question.[/quote]The FA are not going to cause significant upheaval with regards to points deductions and appeals at that late stage.