Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Maybe the booing was needed

Yes, I''m pretty sure that if they hadn''t been booed off on Tuesday night, they''d have gone out today happy to scrape a point off Barnsley and wouldn''t have tried hard enough.

I think that it was more a case of us having a balanced midfield today and Lambert and Culverhouse getting the tactics spot on.I don''t believe a few boos would have effected the players one way or the other.

I do wonder what would have happened had Wilbraham had scored that header from 4 yards out vs Doncaster. Yes It would have been great to have won that match, but how would it have affected future team selections or even loan signings??

I was embarrassed when I heard of the booing on Final

Score this afternoon. They even had a joke about it on air.

I''ve always taken pride in being part of a fanbase that always supports its team and is unlike the other fickle morons located around the country but Tuesday proved much of our support is no better than the Wolves'' and Birmingham''s of this world.

The team has given its absolute all this season, I don''t believe in the "overachieving talk" but the side has played at almost its maximum this season to see us in the top 6. How can you boo that?

Blur boy exactly.

There are two types of booing, perofmance related or severe unrest. Think by now everyone can see that the booing on Tuesday was not due to severe unrest as we are in the play offs it was that we were very sub standard and had been for a while. But we have discussed this till we are blue in the face, I do think there is a place for booing and nothing will change my view or me expressing my dissatisfaction at times, when I feel it is warranted.

Great personnel changes and formation changes. Think many fans have highlighted this type of formation causing problems with defences with three creative players off a great centre forward. The ''who to pick up'' question, the clever movement and actual ability to make the pass.

Think we can finally play a formation that will suit our most gifted players and make us a big threat in these last 12 games as now teams will realise we have gone away from the diamond and now a different threat. Thank god surman is back from injury and if we keep players fit then this formation could secure us at least play-off football.

Big game against Preston, we have to be seen to want it more. If they want it more we could have a tough time, Phil Brown is yet to record a win, they were close to a good Burnley side and have helped us out with some results. It should be loud in Carrow Road and if we want it more, we will have the bite, desire, the ability with this formation and personnel to win this game. If we don''t want it more it could be frustrting. I don''t see that happening, as we have seen today each game is massive and the fact that Leicester are now a further two points adrift and Leeds are a further 3 shows how each game makes a massive psychological difference in the short term.

Lambert will know we have an opportunity to push possibly a few more points clear of the chasing pack and put pressure on the two above us who are within 3 points. A great victory today, performance and desire both there warrants a victory. Now bring that to the next game and we can begin to see our team in a very good position for the run in as teams will be expecting the diamond but now we will show them something which will cause them defensive nighmares.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Look how they performed today...I said booing is warranted time to time and maybe it helped them today and pick up their game
[/quote]

IMO the only thing this booing seems to have provoked was comments by Paul Lambert that were not particularly positive. As I have said before Villa fans used to think it was clever to boo a below par preformance O''Neill left for pastures new, and before you all shoot me down he used to praise the fans until they booed for 1 game.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Look how they performed today...I said booing is warranted time to time and maybe it helped them today and pick up their game[/quote]

IMO the only thing this booing seems to have provoked was comments by Paul Lambert that were not particularly positive. As I have said before Villa fans used to think it was clever to boo a below par preformance O''Neill left for pastures new, and before you all shoot me down he used to praise the fans until they booed for 1 game.

[/quote]I reckon big Sam takes over in the not too distant future.......get on it punters.

Blurboy is clearly a moron. Booing the players after one poor performance, in a match which they didn''t lose, was disgraceful, pure and simple. The team is entitled to an off-day after what they''ve done this season and booing them is only ever going to be counter-productive.

All the pure fact being posted is incredible and ridiculous. Whether you agree if the booing was justified or not no one can say if it had an affect or not. It certainly didn''t seem to be counter-productive today, especially as by all accounts that I have heard it has been our best performance for quite a few matches. It still might turn out to be a negative impact, but no one can say yet!

I didn''t boo, but I was pretty disappointed with Tuesday night''s result and performance. The difference between teams at this level is very often only a case of who is more motivated. With that slim margin of difference I think it is quite understandable how fans reacted. Expectation truly is a ''monster'' as PL has acknowledged, but if that is what pushes the team on, including the "fear of failure" as PL has also mentioned, then a gentle reminder through a muted crowd and a few grumbles is not a bad thing. The crowd isn''t stupid, it reacts to what it sees on the pitch...it can then carry the team a bit further if they are playing well, or at least showing commitment, effort and enterprise.

There is a marked difference in home and away fans. Away fans are eternally optimistic, it''s a level of commitment shown to the team that presents a greater challenge and personal risk. Odds are generally against an away win, so the thought of a long disappointing journey home after the game keeps us singing a bit louder and longer,despite what the level of performance is. Don''t get me wrong, we have fantastic support at home, but a home crowd can lack a bit of patience when they have become used to a much better product that has been our brand of football over the last 18 months.

If your favourite restaurant serves up poor food one night, you don''t abandon it, but unless you are a complete mug, you say something to make sure things improve.

I doubt that Lambrt gets influenced by a handful of unrealistic numpties booing in the River End!

People pay their money and are entitled to their opinions but booing after what we''ve done this season is very OTT. Every Norwich fan would of been disapointed after Tuesdays game but the wise amongst us know that during a 46 game season, even if the team are flying high at the right end of the table their will be some ropey games!

Easy games in this League are few and far between. Look at today if Ruddy wouldn''t of made that great save then we''d of been 10 down and that may of altered the course of the game.

The Doncaster game was almost certainly never going to be as easy as many thought and that proved very true. Their plee to get the game called of because of their injury crisis raised expectations and even if an unwittingly act, it did help them!

I feel we have been let down badly by the club. It''s clear tonight how effective the booing on Tuesday night was, so

Where was the club''s support for the boo''ers ? Why couldn''t Delia come onto the pitch at the end and encourage the crowd with a "let''s be booing ''em ? Imagine what a few more boo''ers could have done .. ...

.........4, 5 or even 6 nil today.

If the club can play the ''cuckoo clock shout'' to let the happy clappies know the game is starting and the sabba brazil music to let them know we have scored (and they can stand up and make some noise - for 25 seconds), then surely they could put something on at the end to encourage the players for the next game ? A re-working of Blue Moon (Marcels) perhaps ?

" Boo soon

We saw you playing alone

Without a dream in our heart

Without a goal of our own

Boo soon "

I also feel a bit let down by the boo''ers as well. Ok, thanks to their booing we won today. So why didn''t they boo during the game on Tuesday night ? They must have been able to see the players were serving ''up poor food'' most of the evening. Why wait until the end before booing ? If they had booed earlier in the game it would have had the same effect as it did today.

So I shall be booing the boo''ers next Saturday as you need to ''say something to make sure things improve'', dont you .

I clapped the team off when they beat Ipswich 4-1. What a mistake - it was obvious that my reaction created complacency in our next game when we only beat Derby 2-1. We should boo after every game just to keep the players ''on their toes''.

What a crock of sh!te

And taht''s why we will have a stinker against Preston as there would have been no one to boo them off at oakwell this afternoon.

Maybe the club could organise some ''booleaders''. Majorette type dancers who could wave yellow and green pom poms and sing -

"two, four, six, eight, who do we really hate "

I didn''t boo and never done so in my suporting years. I was mightly peed off on Tuesday, drove back to London in a major huff. I understand all these remarks about where we are to where we were, but we are in the top 6 we should have beaten teams like Donny with their injuries.

I only think the boo''s do one thing, it annoys the team and management, this result it not because of the boo''s, it was because we changed our system, Smudge was right about that.

OT, but Willy was brought as a backup for Holt and he serves a purpose with ten minutes remaining, but have him all the time, the defence have a tendecy to lump the ball up. Play with this midfield line up and we have to play the football we did and have done, which gets us results.

And breathe....

Listening from the City stand on Tuesday night - the booing seemed to emit from the ''true fans'' in the Barclay......area. Didn''t seem to be coming from any other area of the ground.....

Anyone on here care to admit they booed?......Anyone?......Anyone?......

I don''t mind if you boo, it''s good for the lungs. If the booing was productive and assisted the victory against the Tykes yesterday....Carry on booing! 

Yeah course it was, other wise we never would of won yesterday......?!??!?!!? I was disgusted by the booing on Tuesday night, after what that team has given us over the last two seasons they deserve nothing but praise and our 100% backing.

I really hate it when people defend poor performances with the arguement of ''look how far weve come'', and complain that fans are over expectant. Yes, it has been a fantastic turn around from the way things were 2/3 years ago, but we are in the top 6 and still have a shot at automatics, we need to look at things bluntly and how they are now rather than the long journey we have been through. Points dropped are another teams gain, and it is so tight that we could end up finishing anywhere between 2nd and 10th. Therefore we really need to be winning the games we know we are capable of winning. No disrispect to Doncaster considering all the injury problems, the fact they had conceded 13 or whatever in their last few games should have hinted at an easy ride.

Hunter, I pretty much agree with you, but the trouble is that what you say has no relevance to this thread about the merits of booing!

Booing won''t help us collect more points or play better...

I don''t disagree with you in the fact that we should have won on Tuesday but no game is a given in this league or even last season in a lower league, the side is giving its absolute all, why does that warrant being booed?

"I really hate it when people defend poor performances with the arguement of ''look how far weve come'' "

Another idiot post in the long line of I''ll make up something and argue against that instead tactic.

No one has defended the so called poor performance. The thread was about booing the players AND WHETHER it helped.

Most on here feel that booing was not in order as the players did not play that badly. Many also qualified that by pointing out that as a season is judged by the WHOLE season then there are bound to be ups and downs. Given that we have had far, far more ups than downs anyone with a grasp of that fact or football in general will simply take Tuesday nights esult on the chin.

As to whether it was needed then you would have to be terminally dim to pose thatt question. Because ft you think that the tactics and motivation of the players and management are going to be changed by a few happy clappies unhappy with the realities of football then I would suggest you go back to working out how many one and one is, and rebuild from there.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="First Wizard"]After what Lambert and the boys have achieved so far, booing them is just plain wrong imo.[:(][/quote] How do you know of the booing? You never go to games :s[/quote]

Up yours CT.

I''ve been to Carrow Road his season you wannabe.........who''ll never be!

[quote user="City1st"]"I really hate it when people defend poor performances with the arguement of ''look how far weve come'' " Another idiot post in the long line of I''ll make up something and argue against that instead tactic. No one has defended the so called poor performance. The thread was about booing the players AND WHETHER it helped. Most on here feel that booing was not in order as the players did not play that badly. Many also qualified that by pointing out that as a season is judged by the WHOLE season then there are bound to be ups and downs. Given that we have had far, far more ups than downs anyone with a grasp of that fact or football in general will simply take Tuesday nights esult on the chin. As to whether it was needed then you would have to be terminally dim to pose thatt question. Because ft you think that the tactics and motivation of the players and management are going to be changed by a few happy clappies unhappy with the realities of football then I would suggest you go back to working out how many one and one is, and rebuild from there.[/quote]

Idiot? You obviously haven''t been reading these boards or listening to canary call. I have heard this arguement used many times. I thought it was more appropriate to post on this thread, as some poeple had pointed out about how much the players have given us, rather than start up a whole new discussion.