Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Bennett transfer request?

Anyone else heard this? I''ve heard that he isn''t happy that Brighton have stopped him for progressing and that he''s put in a transfer request. Only time we tell if true or not.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Anyone else heard this? I''ve heard that he isn''t happy that Brighton have stopped him for progressing and that he''s put in a transfer request. Only time we tell if true or not.[/quote]

What is your source?

[quote user="David Fox For England"]would be nice, but do you have a source?[/quote]

Been all over the web tonight and can''t see anything about it,not even thier offi site

Someone on the Brighton forum said they saw Bennett and asked him if he was staying and he said yes, he is more than happy at Brighton.

So who is telling porkies?

[quote user="canary_girl"]who needs to Bennett? we are getting SWP on loan [;)][/quote]

Yeah I heard that, I also heard that Owen is keen to come to Norwich if we don''t sign  Drogba on a permanent.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="David Fox For England"]i was also told that lambert is interested in berbatov because of his scoring form. my mate also said that he saw ashley cole in morrisions who told him that he was having a medical late this afternoon.[/quote]Fail,[/quote]He was taking the michael

[quote user="Planet X"][quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="David Fox For England"]i was also told that lambert is interested in berbatov because of his scoring form. my mate also said that he saw ashley cole in morrisions who told him that he was having a medical late this afternoon.[/quote]

Fail,[/quote]

He was taking the michael
[/quote]

surely is would of been Asda though?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Anyone else heard this? I''ve heard that he isn''t happy that Brighton have stopped him for progressing and that he''s put in a transfer request. Only time we tell if true or not.[/quote]

To go back to the original question posted in response below where (or from whom) have you heard this?

I response to the OP, if this is the case why did he sign a contract extension?

Published on Mon Jan 17 13:25:05 GMT 2011

Brighton chairman Tony Bloom has handed manager Gus

Poyet a January boost by insisting Elliott Bennett - along with the rest

of Albion`s promotion-hunting squad - are going nowhere

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I think the whole Bennett interest finished when we signed Lansbury until the end of the season. Which probably explains the delay between his loan finishing and the extension being finalised.

[/quote]

---

Not sure about that, Bethnal. I''ve never seen Bennett play but supposedly he is a very different animal to Lansbury. Lansbury seems more a replacement for all those sub-standard (in Lambert''s eyes) midfielders we have packed off on loan.

Secondly it does seem as if Lambert has been husbanding his January budget for a second (after Barnett) big purchase. Either for Bennett or someone else in that kind of position.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Odd, in todays EDP, Lambert said the situation was ongoing.[:|][/quote]

I don''t have the paper version, but the story on the internet has a quote from Lambert made last week and the EDP saying it is on-going. Poyet said yesterday that Norwich made an enquiry, it was rebuffed and nothing has moved on from there.

As Purple Canary said it could be we are still in for him, as he isn''t exactly the same kind of player as Lansbury, but our midfield is still well populated, despite Gill, OTJ etc going out on loan (see the thread about 5 into 4). One of the many qualities of Lambert is his ability to keep us all guessing when it comes to transfers. I just think it is odd that Lansbury''s loan wasn''t tied up straight away after the Cardiff game -- why did we wait a week meaning he couldn''t play against Sheffield Utd?

[quote user="yellow blood"]So he can play in the play-offs otherwise his loan would finish just before the final[/quote]

That just makes no sense, for many reasons. Clubs can agree whatever end date of a loan they like, if it isn''t regarded as an "emergency loan" so if we had of renewed the loan on Jan 16th he could still stay until the end of May.

Doubt we''ll have him for the weekend, but we appear to be closing in!

With a bit of luck, he''ll be a Norwich player in time for Millwall!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Odd, in todays EDP, Lambert said the situation was ongoing.[:|][/quote]

I don''t have the paper version, but the story on the internet has a quote from Lambert made last week and the EDP saying it is on-going. Poyet said yesterday that Norwich made an enquiry, it was rebuffed and nothing has moved on from there.

As Purple Canary said it could be we are still in for him, as he isn''t exactly the same kind of player as Lansbury, but our midfield is still well populated, despite Gill, OTJ etc going out on loan (see the thread about 5 into 4). One of the many qualities of Lambert is his ability to keep us all guessing when it comes to transfers. I just think it is odd that Lansbury''s loan wasn''t tied up straight away after the Cardiff game -- why did we wait a week meaning he couldn''t play against Sheffield Utd?

[/quote]

It''s not a case of us dallying. Arsene Wenger took some time to consider who he should loan out and where. It wasn''t until last Friday that he announced his intentions. I''m sure Lambert would have had Lansbury for the Sheffield United game if he''d had the choice!

You know I actually know very little about this player, is he really that good, or are we just talking ourselves into the fact that he might be?

I think Bennett''s ''assists'' tell the story. Obviously very talented. Latest rumours are Norwich have given them a M£1.5 take it or leave it last offer. Hopefully we will throw in MacNamee as part of the offer!

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]I think Bennett''s ''assists'' tell the story. Obviously very talented. Latest rumours are Norwich have given them a M£1.5 take it or leave it last offer. Hopefully we will throw in MacNamee as part of the offer![/quote]Now that would be a good bit of business!!