Sign in to follow this  

Norwich City manager Paul Lambert has become the odds on favourite to become the new manager of Burnley.

Malky Mackay was 1/5 with Skybet and 1/6 with Victor Chandler before Thursday lunchtime before a dramatic change in the odds.

All the money is now going on Lambert whose odds are now 1/3 with Skybet and 4/6 with Victor Chandler for the manager whose just received nomination for December''s Championship Manager of the Month award.

Yawn, why bother listening to it. Lamberts no fool, he''s not gonna leave a team 18 months in the making that are primed for a promotion push.

Thats what is worrying me at the moment!

Its all very well people coming out and saying he won''t go/isn''t going/why the hell would he go etc etc? Silences are frightening!

The club either thinks the rumour is so ridiculous and without foundation in anyway, shape, or form, that they have decided that it is not worth giving the rumours any merit by commenting on them.

Or they are bricking themselves about making an announcment that will make previous fan anger and unrest look like a tea party.

He would only consider going if promises were being broken, else he had been told to sell players to raise income. As long as PL knows this club has the means to go forward and match his expectations, he will stay put. If and when he sees that drying up, he''ll look to move on, he''s ambitious and if Burnley can provide him what we can''t, then all the talk about us being the bigger club, having the better infrastructure, chances of promotion etc are smoke in the wind. He''ll be gone. He might even take McNally with him, for the same reasons!

And the people in charge would then be very uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable indeed.

Unless of course, we are lining up a replacement who can be announced at the same time?

I know, I know...but its just dragged on for days and days now, his odds keep shortening and what do we get from the club, what do we get from Lambert? Nothing! Yet, when the same rumours about him and Burnley were doing the rounds, just about exactly a year ago, how quickly did both make statements to the effect he wasn''t going anywhere? Almost immediately. Hm.

I didn''t think they released a statement last time, Paul Lambert just dismissed it in one of his usual pre-match press conferences?

I''ve got to laugh at all the people scaring themselves silly! Lambert will not be leaving to join burnley! It''s simply not going to happen. Do people really believe the club would sanction the transfer of wilbraham if lambert was about to leave? The simple answer iis they Would not so please stop starting these crazy threads every time a bloody managers job is on the Market! Some of you are just scare mongering and not thinking rationally!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/06/13/celts-hero-paul-lambert-fights-to-save-marriage-to-childhood-sweetheart-86908-22330419/

I know this article is dated in summer of last year, but still...

I thought he moved his family to Norfolk.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/06/13/celts-hero-paul-lambert-fights-to-save-marriage-to-childhood-sweetheart-86908-22330419/

I know this article is dated in summer of last year, but still...

I thought he moved his family to Norfolk.[/quote]

Lambert lives at Dunston hall, his family have never moved here.

if IF he goes then Burnley can fcuk off. I''ve given them 18 years of my life and this is how they repay me?

Me and my family will move out of East Lancashire stopping only to post a dog-shit sandwich to the newly appointed manager through the letter box at Turf Moor.

This is increasingly worrying me. There is complete silence from the club and Lambert. We have had 18 months of good , but , being Norwich City , something will come and blow it all out of the water. This could be it.

for gods sake really? what drugs you people been smoking so that i can have some please, why on earth would he leave to manage a team worse then us, and most importantly he could of had the job when they were in the prem, i think he said last year something along the lines of why would i go to a club that will be in the same division as us next year

[quote user="simo86"]for gods sake really? what drugs you people been smoking so that i can have some please, why on earth would he leave to manage a team worse then us, and most importantly he could of had the job when they were in the prem, i think he said last year something along the lines of why would i go to a club that will be in the same division as us next year[/quote]

[Y]People worrying about nothing.

This just in from the Burnley forum... shocker! [:O]http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118915136

What has Burnley got that we''ve not???money???, how much have Burnley got to spend, anyone knows???

[quote user="simo86"]for gods sake really? what drugs you people been smoking so that i can have some please, why on earth would he leave to manage a team worse then us, and most importantly he could of had the job when they were in the prem, i think he said last year something along the lines of why would i go to a club that will be in the same division as us next year[/quote]Yeah I just Can''t see it myself. It wasn''t Lambert that said that it was the chairman.

Ive just been on their forum and there is a very big rumour that Kevin Keegan will get the job and he''s not even on the odds checker. Big odds!!

I think Lambert will dispel all of our fears in tomorrows pre-match press conference.

Just had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn''t January 2010 again.I''m not sure why we should pay a lot of attention to bookies'' odds - how many times has the supposed ''favourite'' got the job here when it''s been vacant?  Chill.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Im not going to say who or where i know about this but i can assure you 110% Lambert is not going to Burnley.[/quote]110% my arse

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Im not going to say who or where i know about this but i can assure you 110% Lambert is not going to Burnley.[/quote]I think you are right whoever it was told you.

Thing is there is no reason to believe he is going is there? Just because the bookies have him as a candidate is meaningless. Some Burnley fans claiming their "source" knows he is coming! I could post that my "source" says Bill Gates is buying us. So the story here is some idiots on internet forums and the bookies, Thats gospel then!. Lambert himself has given no reason to believe he is ready to go.

[quote user="harmondsworth canary"]Norwich City manager Paul Lambert has become the odds on favourite to become the new manager of Burnley. Malky Mackay was 1/5 with Skybet and 1/6 with Victor Chandler before Thursday lunchtime before a dramatic change in the odds. All the money is now going on Lambert whose odds are now 1/3 with Skybet and 4/6 with Victor Chandler for the manager whose just received nomination for December''s Championship Manager of the Month award.[/quote]

mney now being put on Paul Jewel and Lambert back on the drift with the likes of skybet. We will find out tomorrow if Lambert is definitely interested in his press conference ( assuming he is there ) but bear in mind that Burnley are saying the 6 on their shortlist applied for the job and the local Burnley papers are claiming that Lambert is one of the six. Personally dont think he is going, but why did NCFC not deny it today

Firstly I don''t think he will go but when Burnley appoint a manager that is not Paul Lambert I will breathe a big sigh of relief.

Secondly what reception would you give him on his return to Carrow Road?

And for the record if he goes I want Malky!