Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Latest news on new maker of Norwich new kit...

I thought Canterbury went bust? They make good rugby kits but the football shirts looked a bit too kappa for me. Xara hasn''t exactly been hard-wearing, few washes and they''re gone. Not been a fan at all. best kit was the 2004 kit.

Wouldn''t mind adidas with a collar, all yellow with green collar and trims. Take yellow with green pinstripes though.

More likely to be Nike looking at the obvious link to our club in McNumpty

Our ''leisure wear'' has been amongst the worst in professional sport for years (with the notable exception of Kings Lynn Speedway), the Adidas and Nike ranges offer some really cool, subtle sweats, T''s & jackets. The garish junk will be there too, there''s always a market for bright and bold.

Surely it really doesnt matter who knit our kit??!! As I''ve already said, other than the colours and the badge of the team, all Adidas kits look alike, aswell as Nike and all the others. Surely people buy NCFC kits etc because of theyre Norwich, not because of who makes it? If not, why dont people go buy stuff from Peterborough''s club shop as they sell Adidas stuff? When I was a kid I wanted to wear the ''good'' makes, ie, Nike or Umbro, as when you are young, they are seen as ''cool''! Nowadays, as long as it looks good (which Xara''s stuff do), comfortable, and most importantly NCFC related, I will buy it

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Our best ever spell in our history seasons 92/93 and 93/94 coincided with the worst kit ever in our history!

Enough said!

[/quote]

so by that theory, the worse the kit, the better we play?

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]what country was it who had a yellow and green adidas shirt in the World Cup? I quite liked that kit!
[/quote]

South Africa?

[quote user="whats goin on"]Macron will be the suppliers of next season kit mark my words , i know someone who has dealings with them and they are keen to recruit city .[/quote]I must admit i''ve never heard of them, do you have a photo of any kits they currently produce?

[quote user="barclayboys"]nowt wrong with xsara, nice kit usually lasts the season wearing only on matchdays.[/quote]For £40 you want a shirt that lasts longer than 25 outings!!! The previous quality of Xara has been poor.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="whats goin on"]Macron will be the suppliers of next season kit mark my words , i know someone who has dealings with them and they are keen to recruit city .[/quote]I must admit i''ve never heard of them, do you have a photo of any kits they currently produce?[/quote]Just found them on the internet, it just looks like another Xara, do you know if they make kits for any league teams?

Canaries U, Macron are currently with Charlton, Leeds, Milwall, Sheffield U and West Ham along with a decent lower league list and smaller European teams as well.

[quote user="Mason 47"]

Canaries U, Macron are currently with Charlton, Leeds, Milwall, Sheffield U and West Ham along with a decent lower league list and smaller European teams as well.

[/quote]Thanks Mason 47, that is very respectable, i will have a look at those.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Mason 47"]

[/quote]Thanks Mason 47, that is very respectable, i will have a look at those.[/quote]West Ham are Umbro and Milwall are someone else, and i have to say i''m not keen on Leeds (but i''m not keen on Leeds full stop)!!!

What about the fans being able to see a number of styles for the new kit and being able to vote for their favourite. Could easily be done through the club website !

Could be limited to all season ticket holders, and all other members !

What do you think !

Had a look on Macron''s website. They seem to supply quite a lot of teams ... and some well known ones like NapoliLink

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

What about the fans being able to see a number of styles for the new kit and being able to vote for their favourite. Could easily be done through the club website !

What do you think !

[/quote]Good idea [I]

[quote user="Henry"]Had a look on Macron''s website. They seem to supply quite a lot of teams ... and some well known ones like NapoliLink[/quote]Forest Greens away kit is hideous!

We need to get away from the current bargain basement junk and upgrade to something a bit more "premier league". Not only from a style point of view but also from a sales point of view. The club may get less money per shirt sold from a manufacturer like Adidas but there would surely be more shirt sales, with the design likely to be a bit more wearable and durable when not at the football. As mentioned before, the leisurewear would also be significantly improved so sales would likely be boosted. Someone like Adidas is obviously a worldwide brand so this can only be good for the worldwide branding of Norwich City.

Don''t understand why anyone would be against a move to someone decent.... maybe you''d prefer that we stick with xara and get sponsored by primark. McNally is sorting us out and I like the new shrewd Norwich City.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Henry"]Had a look on Macron''s website. They seem to supply quite a lot of teams ... and some well known ones like NapoliLink[/quote]Forest Greens away kit is hideous![/quote]Not so sure about that.  Eastbourne''s on the other hand... made from 85% recycled chequered flags.

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

What do you think !

[/quote]

Totally agree,i''ve said that the last few seasons,i even e-mailed the club about it but got no reply.[:(]

[quote user="Henry"]Had a look on Macron''s website. They seem to supply quite a lot of teams ... and some well known ones like Napoli

Link
[/quote]

I like a lot of those kits, some really nice simple bold designs and they all have a nice classic, retro feel to them, particularly like the Bologna and West Ham home and away kits. It also looks like they design a unique kit for each team rather than using a generic one for the less high profile teams, it''s a nice touch and suggests we''d get a one off strip if the club were to go with them.