Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Latest news on new maker of Norwich new kit...

Norwich have held talks with Adidas, but we are stalling because of the cost.Unfortuntaely Ipsh*t are in advanced talks with Adidas and they look set to be the designer of their new strip [:@]

The better the new kit sells.... the better the level of tablecloths in the saviour''s restaurant.Hold out for every penny Delia. We know your priorities lay in what''s best for the team.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Norwich have held talks with Adidas, but we are stalling because of the cost.

Unfortuntaely Ipsh*t are in advanced talks with Adidas and they look set to be the designer of their new strip [:@]
[/quote]

Sez who??

To be honest, I don''t care who makes our kit! I have never had a problem with Xara''s designs, and our kits never really look like any other teams kits. If we got a kit, made by, Addidas, we know it''ll have the stripes down the sleeves, and hardly anything else on the kit. What is the fascination of getting a ''big'' brand name on our kit? 

[quote user="ryan1992"]To be honest, I don''t care who makes our kit! I have never had a problem with Xara''s designs, and our kits never really look like any other teams kits. If we got a kit, made by, Addidas, we know it''ll have the stripes down the sleeves, and hardly anything else on the kit. What is the fascination of getting a ''big'' brand name on our kit? [/quote]Its utterly pointless. The only people who will buy Norwich city shirts are Norwich city fans, and they would probably still buy them if they were made by Primark.If you''re a global brand like Man U or someone then it probably makes a difference.

I wouldn''t want Adidas either. They don''t really care about the Championship kits and just use some generic design.

Of all the things that would make me buy a kit the maker is down the list. In fact the sponsor is more important to me than the maker.

Davo

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ryan1992"]To be honest, I don''t care who makes our kit! I have never had a problem with Xara''s designs, and our kits never really look like any other teams kits. If we got a kit, made by, Addidas, we know it''ll have the stripes down the sleeves, and hardly anything else on the kit. What is the fascination of getting a ''big'' brand name on our kit? [/quote]

Its utterly pointless. The only people who will buy Norwich city shirts are Norwich city fans, and they would probably still buy them if they were made by Primark.

If you''re a global brand like Man U or someone then it probably makes a difference.
[/quote]

I think i would draw the line at whoever designs Nutty Nigel''s tee shirts.They are a crime against fashion.The thought of thousands of them dotted around the crowd at Carrow Road brings me out in a sweat.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ryan1992"]To be honest, I don''t care who makes our kit! I have never had a problem with Xara''s designs, and our kits never really look like any other teams kits. If we got a kit, made by, Addidas, we know it''ll have the stripes down the sleeves, and hardly anything else on the kit. What is the fascination of getting a ''big'' brand name on our kit? [/quote]Its utterly pointless. The only people who will buy Norwich city shirts are Norwich city fans, and they would probably still buy them if they were made by Primark.If you''re a global brand like Man U or someone then it probably makes a difference.[/quote]

I think i would draw the line at whoever designs Nutty Nigel''s tee shirts.They are a crime against fashion.The thought of thousands of them dotted around the crowd at Carrow Road brings me out in a sweat.[;)]

[/quote]Hahaha, you never miss an opportunity, do you?[;)]

[quote user="morty"]I actually think the latest shirt Xara have done for us is pretty good.[/quote]It certainly is a better quality than the previous years efforts, and i also agree i think the more money the club can save the better. 

is it me or do adidas seem to get permission to change everyones badge. look at derby, plymouth and peterborough. as soon as adidas started making their kits a circle appeared round their badge with their name inside. http://www.square1consulting.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Derby_county_badge.pnghttp://www.footballloverdating.co.uk/images/badges/plymouth.jpghttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:tUhN_c7OzsT5vM:http://www.vectis-spurs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Peterborough-United.png&t=1

I think adidas or Nike would be a great move.

There is more money for us to be had in leisure wear. Currently xara offers absolute nothing in that area. The polos and jackets are dire.

I would happily buy anything that these guys were to produce as you know what you''re getting (quality wise).

McNally is aware of this and it''s scary to think how much money could be made!

Very true, currently the non football shirt leisure wear is the pits....haven''t bought anything in years. But if we had addidas polo shirts etc I would want to buy soemthing.

Addidas make decent kit for Championship teams, the new Hull home shirt in my opinion is the best they have ever had!

Bring on a major supplier, less margin, more sales = greater revenue!!!

maybe addidas will bring back the old pin strip kit we had once with them :)  I always liked the hummel kit we had, but do like the new one.

As long as we don''t go all yellow again i don''t mind!  And whoever makes it, the club know they will roughly sell the same amount anyway

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I think adidas or Nike would be a great move. There is more money for us to be had in leisure wear. Currently xara offers absolute nothing in that area. The polos and jackets are dire. I would happily buy anything that these guys were to produce as you know what you''re getting (quality wise). McNally is aware of this and it''s scary to think how much money could be made![/quote]

I''ve never had any problems with our leisure wear. If we had Adidas making our clothes, you would be saying you like it! Why does it matter who sews our kit, and if we had the 2 diamonds of umbro, the stripes of Adidas, the tick of  Nike of Xara on the shirts etc? I think our kits in recent years have been top class in design, and our current one is one of my favourite strips weve had. Do you really want this in the famous yellow and green    http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/chelseahome0910.jpg   ?

[quote user="Jacko"]

Bring back Ribero sports. This effort was class...

[/quote]

IMO, the best football kit, not just NCFC kit there has been! Does anybody know if/where you can buy them?

Interesting how where the general consensus is that when a kit was a good one, we played well in it...and when the design is thought of as crap...so were the team! [:D]

Not good on links but the current wolves home kit would great in our colours , best shirt ive seen in years

Like Canterbury. If we stay with Zara, they may well be ''unknown'' but least it will be unique, inlike all the Adidas kits out there.

Said it before too, if we could have the Fosters kits exactly the same, with cotton material, then I would be happy.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]bring back the Asics kit! still the best one we have ever had![/quote]My very first Norwich shirt I owned.