Sign in to follow this  
woody11

Mexican Wave

I think we should start a Mexican wave on Monday. Will create a good atmosphere again. I remember when we went up to the premier League we started some. shall we do it again??

What the heck is a Mexican Wave? Does it involve people standing up one after the other in a circle around the stadium?

If so, this started in the US back in the 80s and became so annoying nobody does it here anymore. Do they still do it in Mexico? They are welcome to its name. Good for those of you who oppose this antiquated and pointless interrpution.

[quote user="woody11"]I think we should start a Mexican wave on Monday. Will create a good atmosphere again. I remember when we went up to the premier League we started some. shall we do it again??[/quote]

Without a doubt the gayest post i have ever seen!

All feels a little bit dated.  If you want to create a big match atmosphere why not just shout and sing and raise the roof that way? Noise also more likely to intimidate the opposition and boost our players.

Weren''t Mexican waves done in the first place because the crowd were bored of the football they were watching and wanted something to do/entertainment?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]What the heck is a Mexican Wave? Does it involve people standing up one after the other in a circle around the stadium? If so, this started in the US back in the 80s and became so annoying nobody does it here anymore. Do they still do it in Mexico? They are welcome to its name. Good for those of you who oppose this antiquated and pointless interrpution.[/quote]

Just proves the saying - nothing good ever came out of America

If you''re going to start a Mexican wave, make sure the first wave is started on 40 minutes, that way all those who think a cup of tea is more important than football can leave whilst everyone is standing up, causing no offence and blocking no-ones view. The second should be held on 44 minutes, allowing them to return to their seats again, thereby ensuring themselves of an uninteruppted view of half time and the real reason they came to Carrow Rd, to enjoy the crossbar challenge.

There should be two further waves held, on 80 and 85 minutes allowing the same people to leave the ground, again without spoiling the game for others. They can then return to their cars happy in the knowledge of two things. They will be first out of the car park and they have just missed the winning and only goal which will have occured in the 89th minute.

Its a brillaint idea and should take place at all games

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Why not start a conga as well?[:^)][/quote]Great shout! [Y]How about the Macarena too? [:D]

[quote user="Methane"]Sad......next you''ll be wanting the numpty brass band back outside the River End[/quote]

Tell you what at the Wroxham game yesterday they had a band playing throughout the match ( bit like England ). Whenever Ive seen this at other games I have always thought that would get on my nerves, but I tell you what it created a fantastic carnival atmosphere. Wouldnt mind it at the Carlisle game assuming we are up.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Weren''t Mexican waves done in the first place because the crowd were bored of the football they were watching and wanted something to do/entertainment?[/quote]

Yup

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Why not start a conga as well?[:^)][/quote]

Great shout! [Y]

How about the Macarena too? [:D]
[/quote]

Oh dear [:^)]

[quote user="Knock off Nige"]

If you''re going to start a Mexican wave, make sure the first wave is started on 40 minutes, that way all those who think a cup of tea is more important than football can leave whilst everyone is standing up, causing no offence and blocking no-ones view. The second should be held on 44 minutes, allowing them to return to their seats again, thereby ensuring themselves of an uninteruppted view of half time and the real reason they came to Carrow Rd, to enjoy the crossbar challenge.

There should be two further waves held, on 80 and 85 minutes allowing the same people to leave the ground, again without spoiling the game for others. They can then return to their cars happy in the knowledge of two things. They will be first out of the car park and they have just missed the winning and only goal which will have occured in the 89th minute.

Its a brillaint idea and should take place at all games

[/quote]lol Like it.....I hate people that leave early at any game. Halftime or Fulltime.

[quote user="Paul Green"]woody11  get a life mate for gods sake it''s bad enough with that clown the canary fairy.[/quote]

blo0dy hell calm down mate. it was only a suggestion dont get your knickers in a twist.

What the heck is a Mexican Wave? Does it involve people standing up one after the other in a circle around the stadium? If so, this started in the US back in the 80s and became so annoying nobody does it here anymore. Do they still do it in Mexico? They are welcome to its name. Good for those of you who oppose this antiquated and pointless interrpution.

Just proves the saying - nothing good ever came out of America

I''m not familiar with that catch phrase, dylanisa.

It sounds like something you made up. You must not know the polio vaccine came from America, though. Next time you''re not dead or severely bow-legged, remember the 2 American scientists who made 2 different vaccines so you could make derogatory comments about them. That''s what free speech (hmm, whose Constitution revitalized that concept first in recent history?).

Thing is Houston, you have to remember, there are still some in Norfolk who still think of the world as flat. For these poor misguided souls, America is the Cosby show & Friends and to suggest they think otherwise, would only but confuse the situation!

Hope the BBQ went well, good job we never made it into port i think, all things considered!!

Still no to the Mexican wave or the Konga though,!