Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Trouble after game

I''m pretty sure that the announcement put over the tannoy in the second half was to the Leeds fans telling them that they were being held behind afterwards but after our goal a whole load of them appeared to head for th exits and force their way past the stewards and police so  I think what our friend from Norfolk Constabulary really means is that they did plan to keep the Leeds fans in but didn''t have enough manpower/bottle to do so!

As I said on the way down there were scuffles breaking out intermittently. About 2 or 3 police officers were running around actually trying to stop them, the rest were simply stood in a line stopping fasn from walking through riverside and watching the choas going on in front of them!

What about the norwich lads outside rocco`s about midday,30 or so chasing about 10 "kids" after a mouthing exchange?? I was on way back home in car to drop off other half..At night down P.oW rd,all you kept hearing was a group of norwich walking from bar/club to bar/club and singing "were going up up up",and outside kfc, at 1.30 am,a leeds lad with his girfriend,asked me for the best taxi number to get them to ipswich road..so i told him and while we waited,he was saying how disgusted he was with the way leeds didnt have 1 shot and becks is a 1 trick pony,and would swap for holt anyday..i said sorry mate but i would have chrissy martin over beckford anyday...But i did say their snodgrass is a decent player,to make them feel better :)

[quote user="corbs"]Their fans did appear to be of the ''lumpen'' persuasion, as opposed to the usual mix of families etc. I saw a heavily built bloke outside the Barclay before the game bleeding from the mouth, appearing to try and retaliate against a group of large lads. Informed that he was a City fan but I cannot verify this. Not sure how active the Police were as there were many of them just yards away but no action was evident. At the end of the game we were confronted with Leeds fans looking for trouble ''have a go you c--t'' and all that, again the Police seemed to act like this was normal behaviour. Made the Victory even more enjoyable.[/quote]

Yes, i saw that guy as well. Large bloke, probably about 50 I would say, wearing a Stone Island jumper (don''t know if that had anything to do with it?), his nose was bleeding and he was trying to get at the blokes who did it along with a guy with glasses. No coppers around.What was obvious to me was that the old chestnut that hooligans/casuals like to come out with about only wanting to start on and fight other hooligans is definately not true.Alot of the blokes I saw causing aggro were the plus side of 40 and 50 some of them. Don''t know what it is, I guess they just can''t grow out of it?

Looks like the Archant police are busy mixing one thread with another.

The point of a different thread was not "trouble after the game" but how the police can delude themselves by thinking they have done a good job and in doing so insulting all those that had to put up with what went on yesterday

after the game had a drink in the red lion. when a steward from the ground arrived to meet his friends, he said that the inside of the stand was absolutly trashed, the gates and turnstiles after the game were totally ripped apart

Like I said barclayboys, people dont call Leeds the seat smashers for nothing.

Just like to say to the chap saying its a myth that ''casuals'' only fight other casuals. Dont base that thought on what happened with Leeds yesterday. Read my post about the hooligan "scene" shall we say. Leeds and Wolves are a couple of exceptions, but this is not a myth. It does happen now and again, but its very rare. Lads want to fight regardless of a result. You dont travel however many miles with 100+ lads on the off chance you lose and kick off.

The fact that Norfolk Police are congratulating themselves on a job well done is truly astonishing.In 20 years+ of watching Norwich, that was probably the worst Policing I''ve seen at a football match. On the short journey back from the Snakepit to where my car was parked in Lower Clarence Road, I saw probably four or five incidents of Leeds fans abusing and trying to kick off trouble with Norwich fans, and, at most, seven or eight police officers, all of which were stood oblivious, and facing in the general direction of the Hotel.Then in the car park there were a couple of Police stood by the gate, but none inside the actual car park where I saw five Leeds ''fans'' gesture, then punch and kick a ladies car as she was getting in. It wasn''t provoded - she just climbed in as quickly as she could and locked the doors.The policing was an absolute shambles.

[quote user="Roy"]I''m not sure if the away fans were ''let'' out, when I walked past there were a few outside the gates forcing them open then a load came out. I dont think they were supposed to be let out. Also when a steward tried to stop them a few poeple attacked him, whilst this was going on most of the bloody police were round the corner guarding the hotel.[/quote]Yeah rather stupid they would have about 50 police members outside the hotel, and none at the away end?!? [:|]

Coming out yesterday, my son (15 and looks it) and I were abused by the Leeds "supporters" and one of them aimed a kick at me but missed. I have to admit to being scared and havent felt like that after a match for years

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]

I can''t believe how badly prepared/resourced they were if they had not planned for the possibility of keeping the Leeds fans in. There were 2300 of them and given the current position and the nature of Leeds support I find this totally unacceptable. 10 mins delay would have made all the difference and allowed families to make their way from the ground in safety.

Does anyone in the Jarrold know what the announcements were to the Leeds fans during the game?

[/quote]

This is spot on, the useless police in their wisdom decided not to keep the Leeds fans in, so myself and one child got sworn at and myself having a Leeds fan behind me trying to trip me up, if Leeds fans were kept in for 15mins most families would have had the chance to get away.Perhaps the Police didn''t want the leeds Fans to leave on Mass something that they couldn''t have controlled if it had kicked off 

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]policeing was non existant i only saw a few pushes no real fighting but the police there where acting like they where trying to look in the opposite direction as if they didn''t want to get involved!![/quote]They always do this when a team whose supporters have an infamous reputation are in town.When I got hit in front of at least 10 police officers (with at least 3 or 4 of them clearly witnessing it) I had to go and ask them after they had talked to the guy who had done it for 5 mins or so - "are you going to knick him or just allow him to walk on his way to the ground?"  Because if they had of let him walk on after that then there is a good chance that somebody would of "tickled him" a little harder back.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Its only my opinion"]policeing was non existant i only saw a few pushes no real fighting but the police there where acting like they where trying to look in the opposite direction as if they didn''t want to get involved!![/quote]

They always do this when a team whose supporters have an infamous reputation are in town.

When I got hit in front of at least 10 police officers (with at least 3 or 4 of them clearly witnessing it) I had to go and ask them after they had talked to the guy who had done it for 5 mins or so - "are you going to knick him or just allow him to walk on his way to the ground?" 

Because if they had of let him walk on after that then there is a good chance that somebody would of "tickled him" a little harder back.
[/quote]Very nice to meet ya yesterday Smudger[Y]

The policing was clueless. I must admit that I felt sorry for a couple of PCs outside the Barclay before the match who were hardly more than young boys and looked fightened out of their wits as they were confronted by a crowd of shaven headed, 14 stone Leeds thugs. I certainly got out of the way quickly.

It is a very sad inditement of our society that this behaviour is tolerated by the police. However, no way should decent people have to put up with this. The powers that be should ensure that the police have enough manpower to round these idiots up and the courts should deal with them with appropriate sentences.

It also sad to think that these same people will probably be frightening and upsetting decent people at Yeovil next week and will continue to do this unless the authorities take action.

We are so lucky in Norwich to have passionate and intelligent fans with whom it is always a pleasure to travel to away games. Thankfully this can be said about most club''s supporters with the exception of a notable few.

Reading this it seems that a lot of able bodies Norwich supporters stood by and watched their fellow fans be intimidated by a few Leeds cowards.

Having a child with you is different as you have to consider them first but surely there is a difference between starting a fight and turning a blind eye.

Try standing your ground. You don''t have to be a yob or a fighter, just grow a pair when necessary and protect the vulnerable.

It it really possible for a pensioner to have to walk the gauntlet while other Norwich fans just looked on appalled and did nothing. It sounds like a fox in a hen-house situation.

I walked to the ground on my own yesterday and was in the City Stand. I didn''t see any problems but if I had, and if I had left the victim to suffer without intervening I would probably be in denial too and trying to blame the authorities.

That is not the same thing as a poorly planned and poorly resourced operation by Club and Police because failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Reading this it seems that a lot of able bodies Norwich supporters stood by and watched their fellow fans be intimidated by a few Leeds cowards.

Having a child with you is different as you have to consider them first but surely there is a difference between starting a fight and turning a blind eye.

Try standing your ground. You don''t have to be a yob or a fighter, just grow a pair when necessary and protect the vulnerable.

It it really possible for a pensioner to have to walk the gauntlet while other Norwich fans just looked on appalled and did nothing. It sounds like a fox in a hen-house situation.

I walked to the ground on my own yesterday and was in the City Stand. I didn''t see any problems but if I had, and if I had left the victim to suffer without intervening I would probably be in denial too and trying to blame the authorities.

That is not the same thing as a poorly planned and poorly resourced operation by Club and Police because failing to prepare is preparing to fail.[/quote]Well said Sad Old... I agree with you 100% on that!  [Y]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Who did Smudger?

My guess is Mrs. Yellow and Green, in the Boardroom, with a handbag.[/quote]haha I reckon that Delia''s handbag might of packed more of a punch mate! [:P]

I thought the police did a crap job yesterday and their fans should have been kept in for at least 20 mins giving people a chance to get away from the area. I hope that Archant newspapers will take this up with the police and give this subject some publicity.

Seems odd that the ''''derby'''' games are moved to Sunday lunchtimes in case of trouble but Leeds fans were allowed to go wherever they wanted, plus who agreed that several coaches could stop off in Dereham to upset innocent people.

I have emailed the EEN with my thoughts and suggest others do the same

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Reading this it seems that a lot of able bodies Norwich supporters stood by and watched their fellow fans be intimidated by a few Leeds cowards.

That is not the same thing as a poorly planned and poorly resourced operation by Club and Police because failing to prepare is preparing to fail.[/quote]Although I only saw a couple of incidents, from what I did see it seemed to be groups vs. individuals - and as far as sticking up for yourself is concerned, there is a line between bravery and stupidity. Says a lot about the Leeds fans though, who seemed to be steering well clear of large groups of Norwich fans and focusing on families or supporters out on there own.

sums our police up...congratulating themselves. most other constabularies would have at least one police van ready in their psu gear (riot gear) and when leeds misbehave they get a baton round their legs.....should have done this when they decided to spit on kids and fans who were trying to keep out of their way.

I may be wrong but I sense that the relationship between the Club and the Police is not all it should be. There have been a number of games where there has been no Police presence at all and, I was informed by a Senior Officer, that the Club originally refused to pay for any Police at the Millwall game. Is it down to the Club''s continued battle to reduce costs? Did they agree to only pay for a certain number of Police? Did this lead to the appalling Police attitude which seemed to be stand and observe, don''t get involved and do as little as possible? If this is so, I think all parties need to have a long, hard look at themselves. What happened yesterday was an absolute disgrace and all responsible parties should be ashamed of their non-actions.

as a previous poster has stated there are casuals and then there are scum like leeds. Im not saying casuals who go for trouble are good or condone that behaviour but in general casuals fight casuals not dads with lads and abuse women. Leeds and wolves are the only real exception to this rule where the unemployed northern monkeys attack and intimidate anyone who cant fight back to make themselves BIG.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]I was walking past the train station after the game with my parents, we said "blimey what a lot of policemen", "some them have dogs". We then continued to chat about the game as we approached the bus stop I was tripped and kicked respectively by Leeds fans and my Step-dad was pushed and "squared up to", then a middle aged woman, presumably part of their group started screaming abuse at us. We were at a standstill around ten feet apart and they were telling us to "walk on" etc. But one guy was insisting "I''ll be following" and proceeded to do so as we walked away.

At this point I thought it precient to jog over to a policemen, who happened to be looking in the opposite direction. I said "There are some Leeds fans attacking people over there, could you come and help?" He said "where?" I said "Over there" pointing towards the incident, which was ongoing. He said "where specifically?" I jogged on to the next two policemen, and had the same exchange. Eventually they came over and while they were trying to drag the guy away from my Step-dad, the guy shoved one of the coppers. At this point we went on our way and had a lovely pint.

Considering I could see at least ten police from where the incident happened I think the police force need to sort themselves out. Leeds, well I only hate Leeds and Ipswich, and I hope we adopt this modifyed version of the old "Only hate Wolves and Ipswich" song.

[/quote]

Do you think the Binners are as agressive as the Leeds fans?

Pi$$ed As A Mattress stated:

I thought it was a joke when someone posted on here that Smudger had been hit !!! Brilliant news. The best things come to those who wait !!

---------------------------------------

Congratulations, you have proved to the world that you are a moron!

[quote user="City penguin"]as a previous poster has stated there are casuals and then there are scum like leeds. Im not saying casuals who go for trouble are good or condone that behaviour but in general casuals fight casuals not dads with lads and abuse women. Leeds and wolves are the only real exception to this rule where the unemployed northern monkeys attack and intimidate anyone who cant fight back to make themselves BIG.[/quote]

What makes you think they are unemployed?

In the past when you hear of some people taken to court you would be surprised to hear about their occupation etc.