Sign in to follow this  
The gut

Leeds or Millwall

If we are seriously just interested in making sure we get promoted then surely we would want Leeds to win as victory for Millwall reduces the gap to the play off position. I get the feeling that most people want Leeds to lose.

I must admit that I want Leeds to get hammered, I think (hope and pray) we will soon make promotion a certainty any way, a draw would be a good result though.

What result do others want?

A draw would be best with about six sendings off in a mass brawl. To be honest Millwall are the form team can not see Leeds beating them

Millwall win then beat Leeds next week to take the title

I think I would prefer a goaless draw most of all. If not then Millwall, as it would mean that they would do a double over Leeds and I reckon that it could help us out next weekend

A  draw, or at the worst Millwall to win simply because we dont want Leeds on a high coming to carrow road.

Doesn''t matter. We win whatever the outcome. We''re already up. Did I really say that?

Leeds win = 5 points above 2nd, 12 points above 3rd

Draw = 7 points above 2nd, 12 points above 3rd

Millwall win =  8 points above 2nd, 11 points above 3rd

There''s nothing really to be gained from a Leeds win here as our gap over 3rd place would still be the same as if it was a draw.

I''d take a Millwall win, I''d sacrifice a point lead over 3rd place to keep an 8 point gap over Leeds.

With Leeds at sixes and sevens, the last thing we want is a Leeds win which will give them renewed confidence going into the game against us next week. I don''t believe we''ll drop enough points for Millwall to catch us anyway, so a Millwall win or a draw (providing it''s not a last minute equaliser for Leeds which again will provide them with confidence for next week!!)

But I say we just enjoy it as you can be sure that P.L has the players focussed on looking after the Norwich results, and with the position we''re in, nobody else matters. 3 more wins and probably 2 will do.

Draw followed by Millwall win for me, but really it''s a win-win situation for us. Hopefully there''ll be some sendings-off, too. And possibly points deductions after a massive fight.

A draw best as it keeps the distance between us and 3rd place at 12 points and Leeds only get nearer by one point.

If Millwall win and beat Stockport at home on Saturday that could puts them only 8 points from us.

Got to admit though it would be fantastic if Leeds blew it again.

A draw for me. Whatever the result both teams will be up for it given the stakes and their history. Would not be surprised to see a red card or two.

I would like to see Millwall win - not because it helps us (although it does us minimal harm either) but because it will cause further panic amongst the Leeds camp.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Leeds win = 5 points above 2nd, 12 points above 3rd

Draw = 7 points above 2nd, 12 points above 3rd

Millwall win =  8 points above 2nd, 11 points above 3rd

There''s nothing really to be gained from a Leeds win here as our gap over 3rd place would still be the same as if it was a draw.

I''d take a Millwall win, I''d sacrifice a point lead over 3rd place to keep an 8 point gap over Leeds.

[/quote]That''s the way I''ve read the situation.  I thought, judging by all the debate about whether we want Leeds to win, lose or draw, that I had missed something.There''s really no debate - Leeds to lose, thank you very much...

Supprised so many people are saying LeedsI want Millwall to win ffs, a Millwall win will keep us 8 points above Leeds and Millwall will still be 11 points behind, granted their on great form but there never gonna make that up in 9 games. If Millwall win we can sit back relax, crack open the champagne and watch all the Leeds fans shitt*ng themselves about slipping into the playoffs. If Millwall win then we beat Leeds, Millwall could go level with Leeds. I for one would love it if Leeds fuck*d up again and spent another year in this league. COME ON MILLWALL!!!!

[quote user="Askounin"]Supprised so many people are saying Leeds
I want Millwall to win ffs, a Millwall win will keep us 8 points above Leeds and Millwall will still be 11 points behind, granted their on great form but there never gonna make that up in 9 games. If Millwall win we can sit back relax, crack open the champagne and watch all the Leeds fans shitt*ng themselves about slipping into the playoffs. If Millwall win then we beat Leeds, Millwall could go level with Leeds. I for one would love it if Leeds fuck*d up again and spent another year in this league. COME ON MILLWALL!!!!
[/quote]

Seconded [Y]

Look at it like this.....

If you were unfortunate enough to be a Leeds supporter:

If Leeds beat Millwall then beat Norwich they will be only one point behind Norwich and the title is still on.

If Leeds lose to Millwall they will have one amongst the reluctant pack actually threatening to take second place. They come to Norwich with the risk of Millwall levelling them on points if they lose and Norwich win.

A draw is scarcely better than a win and it puts more pressure on to get a result at Norwich.

If you were unfortunate enough to be a Millwall fan.

You would be going to Leeds believing this is your big chance to stake a claim for second place by winning especially as Leeds have to go to Norwich next week.

A draw keeps Leeds in range for a longer term assault.

It often comes down to fear and Leeds are the side with the most to lose because they are really playing Millwall with a view to protecting their actual promotion opportunities. Millwall have it all to gain.

I go for the draw and for Norwich to have the chance to nail it for themselves. But remember, with only a few games left this is Leeds last best chance for quick multi point reduction over us. If Leeds win their next two games Grayson will deserve credit as he has kept his nerve and self respect.

Norwich risk a feeling of defeat today but really they have pretty much killed off Swindon''s automatic promotion chances and consigned them to the play offs.

In reality: Norwich only need two more wins and two draws to be promoted and if they beat Leeds: four more wins to be champions. When it is all done and dusted, on reflection we will see no one was ever likely to stop us going up.

Long time lurker on here and life long fan finally found a post that pushed me over the edge.

After everything that''s happened this season and all the flack that various so called Leeds fans have spouted on here there can be only one result required. Leeds need a right good shoeing, 5 - 0 should do the job.

Forget the stats, we have it in the bag. Sick of Leeds fans still thinking they are the better team. Go for it Millwall hammer them.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Long time lurker on here and life long fan finally found a post that pushed me over the edge.

After everything that''s happened this season and all the flack that various so called Leeds fans have spouted on here there can be only one result required. Leeds need a right good shoeing, 5 - 0 should do the job.

Forget the stats, we have it in the bag. Sick of Leeds fans still thinking they are the better team. Go for it Millwall hammer them.[/quote]For a first post, that''s a blinder... welcome! [:)] [Y]

0-0 draw preferably or a score draw.

If someone is going to win then I hope for Leeds cause that would keep Millwall away from us - promotion first then worry about the title after!

Whatever I hope that a couple of Leeds players get sent of and therefore unavailable for next week!

I agree promotion has to come first but with 9 games to go and top six form (bar us and Millwall) all over the place we will not be overtaken.

Not a big fan of Millwall, but really want them to wipe whats left of the the smile from Leeds fans faces.