Sign in to follow this  
huckerby6

Rose wants to stay!!

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED05%20Mar%202010%2016:21:08:977

Defender Michael Rose is hoping for a permanent move to carrow road!!*Cough*

What do others think?Is he good enough to be a championship footballer?

I suspect that, like Martin and Macca, this was pretty much the deal from day one. I was impressed by his first game and have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt since, but he misses too many tackles for me and appears to switch off at vital moments (didn''t we use to have a right back who did that?). He''s nowhere near Drury''s level and would struggle like hell at a higher level.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I suspect that, like Martin and Macca, this was pretty much the deal from day one. I was impressed by his first game and have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt since, but he misses too many tackles for me and appears to switch off at vital moments (didn''t we use to have a right back who did that?). He''s nowhere near Drury''s level and would struggle like hell at a higher level.[/quote]

He would be a liability in the Championship and  the crowd would soon be getting on his back.

I see it as a good thing... if he wants to stay he will need to step up his performances, and would imagine Lambert will have said something along those lines... so hopefully, if Dury isnt back, he will start to come good!

To be honest, hes been cover for Drury, and hasnt really impressed me too much in this League, so i would find it difficult to understand if he was deemed good enough for the championship.

In Lambert we trust.. so if he signs him on a permanent contract in the summer then so be it, after all Lambert knows what he is doing.

He''s by no means a terrible player and the fact that he is replacing a top level player like Drury hasn''t helped either.  However much like Nelson and Lappin you struggle to see him coping in the Championship.  Surely we should be looking to buy players who can make that step up in class. I''m not entirely convinced that Rose can do that, but then again I''m not Paul Lambert either and you have to trust his judgement

He''s a League One player, and i rate him as a moderately decent back-up for Drury at this level.However, Championship football is very obviously beyond him if you''ve seen him play. He''ll be very lucky, and we''d be very unlucky if he''s all we have got in these terms, to see him as cover for Drury if we are in the Championship next year.I trust Lamberts judgement, but if he offers him a permanent contract i won''t deny to having a fair few niggling doubts and concerns about Rose.

If you look at the players we''ve had on loan over the last few years, many of them have wanted to stay for very good reasons - the same reasons that Hucks dug his heels in to join us. Do you blame Rose for wanting some of that?He''s been adequate cover for Drury but I''m not so sure he''d cope with the Championship, although there were players we said that about when we got to the Premiership and they did fine. It''s Lambert''s call as to whether he thinks Rose has got what it takes to cut it in the league above.

I think you all will have to realise that if and when we get promoted there will be very little cash to strengthen the squad. Rose would be a cheap understudy for Drury who if fit gets the nod every time. What cash we do have will probably be needed to boost positions elsewhere such as up front and possibly in midfield

He was man-of-the-match against Hartlepool and deservedly so. He has the ability, just needs to get that form going every match.

I saw him play against Southampton and Southend and wasn''t impressed to be honest.

I don''t know how Stockport play or if he was given direct instructions, but as soon as he gets the ball he looked for the long diagonal or pump up the line. Fortunately, Drury does not do this and looks to feed Wes and the midfielders before opting to smash it.

I do feel however he knows the strengths of Drury and tries to get forward as Adam does but is then found more than wanting in the defensive part of his game, ie the goal against Southend and the lack of marking on Jason Puncheon in the Southampton game.

My opinion only - I wouldn''t offer him a contract and would play Spillaine there until Drury is fit. Good job it''s Lambert''s call though and not mine!!

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]He was man-of-the-match against Hartlepool and deservedly so. He has the ability, just needs to get that form going every match.[/quote]

I could have been man of the match in that game! Rose has done job but he''s not for us long term.

Every player who comes here wants to stay. Lovely area, good schools, plenty of wonderful sights within reach.

Thing is do we want him to stay. I think he only got man of the the match against Hatlepool because he scored the winner. Ok he had a good long throw on him, but apart from that goal, his passing and positioning look weak.

I will be glad when Adam Drurys back in the team, I feel nervous with Rose.

To sum up, the "Drurys" still out on Rose.

I must admit that it would be a big surprise if Lambert did sign him at the end of the season.If he shows some good form and raises his game to a higher level,then Lambert may sign him,but at the present time.i don''t think he has been quite good enough to be considered as a championship player for next season

Wouldn''t be overly bad back up. I personally feel thats what he''s here for aswell, i''ve no problem with him being a squad player.

He was very poor today, passing was terrible, if any decent side came to CR and attacked him and Lappin down the right flank they would cause is a load of trouble. He can just about get away with it against poor Div. 3 sides, he is not good enough to be in the Championship, I dont believe Lambert would sign him.

[quote user="Lincs Canary"]In Lambert we trust.. so if he signs him on a permanent contract in the summer then so be it, after all Lambert knows what he is doing.[/quote]How refreshing is it to have a manager we actually trust? Not since the early days of Worthington!

Thats fairly obvious cause he isn''t going to go back to Stockport if we want him is he!!

Would suffice as a back up player at the most but wouldn''t want him as 1st choice particularly as we look likely to be going up!

Can''t see that he''ll cut it in the Championship.

[quote user="cityangel"]Can''t see that he''ll cut it in the Championship.[/quote]

We would pick him up cheap from Stockport, and hopefully he will now be hungry to impress given Stockport are odds on to go down and we are odds on to go up.

He wouldn''t be first choice anyway - unless he deserves to be come the start of next season.

[quote user="huckerby6"]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED05%20Mar%202010%2016:21:08:977 Defender Michael Rose is hoping for a permanent move to carrow road!!*Cough* What do others think?Is he good enough to be a championship footballer?[/quote]hurry back drury, that says it all

The guy - as honest as he is - won''t cut it in The Championship. OK at this level but the step up will be too much. Goes missing at times and isn''t incisive enough in the tackle. Drury won''t go on forever so this will be a position Lambert needs to fix.