Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Calm down!

Inevitably our uninspired performance has disappointed many, but some of the overreaction is just silly. We''ve played a highly motivated Carlisle team without our best centreback combination and several players have been very underpar (Holt, Wes, Martin ,Rusty, Smith and Lappin). That''s the WHOLE of our midfield and front two offcolour in the same game!It was always going to happen but surely its better to have a performance like this in a cup than in the League? If we replicate tonight''s showing at Southend there may be a case for ranting and raving, but there isn''t tonight.

Oh, and in case you think I missed Nelson in  my list of those performing below their  standard, it''s because, sadly, I think he did play to his!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Inevitably our uninspired performance has disappointed many, but some of the overreaction is just silly. We''ve played a highly motivated Carlisle team without our best centreback combination and several players have been very underpar (Holt, Wes, Martin ,Rusty, Smith and Lappin). That''s the WHOLE of our midfield and front two offcolour in the same game!It was always going to happen but surely its better to have a performance like this in a cup than in the League? If we replicate tonight''s showing at Southend there may be a case for ranting and raving, but there isn''t tonight.

Oh, and in case you think I missed Nelson in  my list of those performing below their  standard, it''s because, sadly, I think he did play to his!

[/quote]Agreed ... good post. Had time to calm down a bit and reflect. Time to move on. Says on the match report on the front page that Askou was missing because his wife was taken ill. Wish her a speedy recovery.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Well said - the reaction by some on here tonight has been almost hysterical! perhaps they''d like to go back to having Gunn or Roeder as manager.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Well said - the reaction by some on here tonight has been almost hysterical! perhaps they''d like to go back to having Gunn or Roeder as manager.

[/quote]

lambert out! ;)

Couple of observations (courtesy of my slide-show viewing experience!)

Pericard was different class - including at cheating. Anyinsah was a handful too.Ref seemed quite happy for Keogh to throw Wes around like a rag doll (under his nose, too).Nelson is ...  ahem, very limited.Lambert seemed strangely subdued.I''m really getting a bit concerned about Martn''s attitude. And I''m wondering if Grant is too.(OK so that''s 5. I lied.)Next game will be very informative.

Calm down you say?

Your post provides a litany of excuses which cannot disguise the plain lack of heart in the city performance. The only one including the manager who seemed to care was Chris Martin! At least he showed the he was plainly more than pissed off to be substituted.

How many times did we approach - let alone penetrate - the Carlisle penalty area in the second half? How did the second half outcome reflect the tactical instructions at halftime?

The players owe the ''small knot'' of travelling supporters a ticket refund if you ask me.

But as you suggest, Southend and Oldham next week will be a stern test of the manager''s mettle.

Calm down? Having inveigled a few of my friends to watch the match with me on Setanta on the other side of the Atlantic I am acutely embarassed. Calm down?

Hmph!

OTBC

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Couple of observations (courtesy of my slide-show viewing experience!)

Pericard was different class - including at cheating. Anyinsah was a handful too.

Ref seemed quite happy for Keogh to throw Wes around like a rag doll (under his nose, too).

Nelson is ...  ahem, very limited.

Lambert seemed strangely subdued.

I''m really getting a bit concerned about Martn''s attitude. And I''m wondering if Grant is too.

(OK so that''s 5. I lied.)

Next game will be very informative.

[/quote]

Good observations Ron.

Yes, Southend and Oldham nrxt week will be extremely informative.

OTBC

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s plainly silly.

What legitimately concerns most people deeply is the clear lack of heart and will to win that was on display. That is what is very worrying.

OTBC 

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Now here is a post that makes sense!  I''ve only been on here for about three minutes and the posts are absolutlely ridiculous!  The defeat was coming as we havn''t been at our best in the last couple of games (apart from Brighton) but it''s only our second loss in 13 (I think) and we have won ten of those games.  Lambert is defiantely the man to get the squad going for tuesday night and I''m sure there will be a great away following and I am almost certain we will smash Southend to pieces.

do we REALLY need to be in the facup?????? the amount of games we will play with the JPT and league would surelt cause some burn out, we aint ever gonna win the facup from league 1, yes we will miss the money from a big team but we wont get burnt out and ?????? embarrased.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

At least now we won''t be humiliated before the nation by another sickly televised Deliarite fancy dress childrens party had we drawn a big club in the next round......

Every cloud etc.......

Lets see what PL does on Tuesday as a reaction to those who failed so visibly today.

Lots of us still remember the charlton no-showers who form our so-called defence alongside the wheelie-bin newcomer.

Lets hope the medical team get busy on Spillane and Francomb and that new signing is good or we can kiss goodbye to top six.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

That''s alright then ! Frankly, I am as deeply concerned as McNally must be that Lambert was unable to motivate the players for an important match. Not only that but Lambert clearly had no answers tonight.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Calm down? Having inveigled a few of my friends to watch the match with me on Setanta on the other side of the Atlantic I am acutely embarassed. Calm down?

[/quote]My dear Bly, how could you possibly tell ?...

[quote user="JF"][/quote]

Yeah on a brighter note hey Norwich must being ok ,cos the coner infill at Portmouth looks like the local bus stop we got a Hotel in ours

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

My thoughts too as Iv''e put in another thread, our main concern is League 1 Promotion, not getting a build up of games, It''s tight enought as it is now without adding to it, I for one don''t care we are out, yes the extra money would have been nice, but our luck we would have been drawn away to some far distant hell hole again, Get over it folks,     

Have to agree with the original post, as disapointing as a defeat is its in a cup competition we have no chance in winning.

It was annoying that we didn''t show up second half and had the ref had a decent set of eyes to spot hand balls and blatent pushes it may have been different but we should have played to the whistle.

Hopefully this is now the wake up call we needed to realise its not simply a case of turning up and the win magically appears as we''re ''a big fish in a small pond''.

Having gone to the league game there I thought we were lucky to come away with the win as the game was strangely very similar, its just that today they turned pressure in to goals.

I expect to see a few changes made for Tuesday as far to many players had an off day today.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

At least now we won''t be humiliated before the nation by another sickly televised Deliarite fancy dress childrens party had we drawn a big club in the next round......

Every cloud etc.......

[/quote]

Seems to be a bit of insecurity on the site tonight. A lot of worrying about what other people think. Perhaps Man U or Chelsea might give you more street cred.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

I think what this shows is that Bob Franklin was right all along - that Lambert inherited a load of unmitigatedly unmanageable dross from whoever the previous incumbent was, and that eventually this poisoned inheritance was bound to result in some humiliating defeat, the effects of which would sabotage our whole season.At least I think that was Bob''s argument...

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

Yes it is. And the reality is when you train as hard as we have day in day out then when you get an oppotunity to rest or have an ''off'' day you will. I would rather Lambert put out some reserves today give some players well earned rest and let us focus on the league. We wern''t ever going to win the FA cup. Get over it.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Calm down you say?

Your post provides a litany of excuses which cannot disguise the plain lack of heart in the city performance. The only one including the manager who seemed to care was Chris Martin! At least he showed the he was plainly more than pissed off to be substituted.

How many times did we approach - let alone penetrate - the Carlisle penalty area in the second half? How did the second half outcome reflect the tactical instructions at halftime?

The players owe the ''small knot'' of travelling supporters a ticket refund if you ask me.

But as you suggest, Southend and Oldham next week will be a stern test of the manager''s mettle.

Hmph!

OTBC

[/quote]

What I find so sad is that your desire to score points off me is more important to you than any sort of logic. Why do I threaten you so Bly? Could it be that your experince of City in recent years is via some sort of American text feed? You have no clue of what''s going on over here so why don''t you piss off and play with your expatriate mates?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

Oh dear. No, clearly it''s because of Delia, or the stands or the restaurant or.............or perhaps it was just because we had an off day. Get over it or do what you usually do and trot out some clipart.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

Oh dear. No, clearly it''s because of Delia, or the stands or the restaurant or.............or perhaps it was just because we had an off day. Get over it or do what you usually do and trot out some clipart.

[/quote]

Beau why do you waste the wear and tear on your fingers on these people.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beau why do you waste the wear and tear on your fingers on these people.

[/quote]

Fair point Inchy.[Y]