Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Calm down!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Inevitably our uninspired performance has disappointed many, but some of the overreaction is just silly. We''ve played a highly motivated Carlisle team without our best centreback combination and several players have been very underpar (Holt, Wes, Martin ,Rusty, Smith and Lappin). That''s the WHOLE of our midfield and front two offcolour in the same game!It was always going to happen but surely its better to have a performance like this in a cup than in the League? If we replicate tonight''s showing at Southend there may be a case for ranting and raving, but there isn''t tonight.

Oh, and in case you think I missed Nelson in  my list of those performing below their  standard, it''s because, sadly, I think he did play to his!

[/quote]great post Beau [Y]

we had an off day, everyone has them...jesus people are so qucik to jump on th band wagon...manager syndrome etc etc etc...get a grip people...as long as we keep winning in the league who gives a crap

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

Yes it is. And the reality is when you train as hard as we have day in day out then when you get an oppotunity to rest or have an ''off'' day you will. I would rather Lambert put out some reserves today give some players well earned rest and let us focus on the league. We wern''t ever going to win the FA cup. Get over it.

[/quote]

No

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

Oh dear. No, clearly it''s because of Delia, or the stands or the restaurant or.............or perhaps it was just because we had an off day. Get over it or do what you usually do and trot out some clipart.

[/quote]

Oooh, the little feller can be as tall as he wants to be on here....Cuban heels?

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

Oh dear. No, clearly it''s because of Delia, or the stands or the restaurant or.............or perhaps it was just because we had an off day. Get over it or do what you usually do and trot out some clipart.

[/quote]

Beau why do you waste the wear and tear on your fingers on these people.

[/quote]

Are you a little feller as well?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair point Inchy.[Y]

[/quote]

Like your Cuban Heels?

So Mello,heve you calmed down yet,or are you outside Carrow calling for Lamberts head??? (Well said Beau btw,all correct,even the bit about Nelson,sadly!)

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s fella or fellow.

A feller is a lumberjack.

Felling trees in Cuban heels,now there''s something I''ve yet to try.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s fella or fellow.

[/quote]

Doing anything in high heels has it''s advantages hahaha but tree felling, i''d pay good money to see that and have a giggle

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s fella or fellow.

[/quote]

I spell it how I say it....''little feller''...Now, isn''t it time you and the other ''little feller'', joined the rest of the munchkins and told Delia to follow the Yellow brick access road behind the Jarrold? C''mon, chop chop! Swing your little chopper!

[quote user="Herman "]So Mello,heve you calmed down yet,or are you outside Carrow calling for Lamberts head??? (Well said Beau btw,all correct,even the bit about Nelson,sadly!)[/quote]

I''ve not called for Lambert''s head? I''m rather annoyed that we lost yesterday....And in the manner and way, that we were comfortably defeated.

It sends out a message to other mediocre 1st Division sides....Get physical, and dig in at ''em - coz ickle Norwich don''t like it....

I do suppose we could blame the mist for our mist placed passes....

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

Yes it is. And the reality is when you train as hard as we have day in day out then when you get an oppotunity to rest or have an ''off'' day you will. I would rather Lambert put out some reserves today give some players well earned rest and let us focus on the league. We wern''t ever going to win the FA cup. Get over it.

[/quote]

Best comment regarding the match, I''m in total agreement.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Herman "]So Mello,heve you calmed down yet,or are you outside Carrow calling for Lamberts head??? (Well said Beau btw,all correct,even the bit about Nelson,sadly!)[/quote]

I''ve not called for Lambert''s head? I''m rather annoyed that we lost yesterday....And in the manner and way, that we were comfortably defeated.

It sends out a message to other mediocre 1st Division sides....Get physical, and dig in at ''em - coz ickle Norwich don''t like it....

I do suppose we could blame the mist for our mist placed passes....

[/quote]

Only joking on the first point.And on your second point i can see where you are coming from,but didn''t Brighton come along with the physical approach,and we still kicked their asses?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[Y]

Great post.

[/quote]

No it isn''t....

[/quote]

Yes it is....

[/quote]

No, it isn''t...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s fella or fellow.

[/quote]

Doing anything in high heels has it''s advantages hahaha but tree felling, i''d pay good money to see that and have a giggle

[/quote]

Just as an after thought,and hope we have all come to terms with it and we are all calm, The FA cup IMO would have done nothing more than got in the way of what really matters to us, and that is Promotion back to the championship in what ever way,either by automatic or play off, I would much prefer the automatic,Although as people would say "we would have had extra money with a cup run" but having said that it also comes with extra games which could bring injurys and tired legs, and we go out with an under strength team, that could lead to another season down here, So again What is more important, ? the FA CUP or PROMOTION.?  

And so the sissy boys line up with the usual bucket full of excuses.....If it wasn''t so embarrassing it could even appear humourous.

Pansies the lot of you.

i cant believe this forum sometimes! every team has their bad games, and funnily enough do lose a game every now and again, ie man utd at burnley, chelsea at wigan, and in europe barcelona to rubin kazan. now to be honest im very thankful that our bad performance, which was always due sooner or later, came in the fa cup, a competition we are never going to win.

as long as we put that game behind us, and come out fighting at southend, id take that loss yesterday. anyone who thinks our team is going to win every game, and indeed play well every game is deluded, football just doesnt work like that.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

And so the sissy boys line up with the usual bucket full of excuses.....If it wasn''t so embarrassing it could even appear humourous.

Pansies the lot of you.

[/quote]

who you calling a pansy

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Pansies the lot of you.

[/quote]

who you calling a pansy

[/quote]

If the cap fits... wear it....

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Pansies the lot of you.

[/quote]

who you calling a pansy

[/quote]

[/quote]

...Nice....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Pansies the lot of you.

[/quote]

who you calling a pansy

[/quote]

[/quote]

...Nice....

[/quote]

Awwwwwww.... Wittle Delia as a baby.... and wearing her favourite colour too.

Thanks for sharing........ [:)]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Pansies the lot of you.

[/quote]

who you calling a pansy

[/quote]

[/quote]

...Nice....

[/quote]

[/quote]

This, from someone who claims to be worldly and a successful businessman in his own right. Somehow, that cap doesn''t fit.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Pansies the lot of you.

[/quote]

who you calling a pansy

[/quote]

[/quote]

...Nice....

[/quote]

[/quote]

This, from someone who claims to be worldly and a successful businessman in his own right. Somehow, that cap doesn''t fit.

[/quote]

There''s that smell of urine again........

2 defeats in 15 games Pfft, that Paul Lambert has a lot to answer for, honestly, he should have won 17 times in 15 games!!!!!

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Pansies the lot of you.

[/quote]

who you calling a pansy

[/quote]

[/quote]

...Nice....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s that smell of urine again........

[/quote]

Stale urine.

OTBC

[quote user="Lambo"]

2 defeats in 15 games Pfft, that Paul Lambert has a lot to answer for, honestly, he should have won 17 times in 15 games!!!!!

[/quote]

What he has to answer for is the players not giving the travelling supporters (the far north-west in a wintry November), UK internet viewers and international television viewers a decent effort. They plainly didn''t want to know.

In fact the players should refund the cost of the travelling supporters tickets. They earn enough compared with the average supporter.

OTBC

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Calm down you say?

Your post provides a litany of excuses which cannot disguise the plain lack of heart in the city performance. The only one including the manager who seemed to care was Chris Martin! At least he showed the he was plainly more than pissed off to be substituted.

How many times did we approach - let alone penetrate - the Carlisle penalty area in the second half? How did the second half outcome reflect the tactical instructions at halftime?

The players owe the ''small knot'' of travelling supporters a ticket refund if you ask me.

But as you suggest, Southend and Oldham next week will be a stern test of the manager''s mettle.

Calm down? Having inveigled a few of my friends to watch the match with me on Setanta on the other side of the Atlantic I am acutely embarassed. Calm down?

Hmph!

OTBC

[/quote]

What I find so sad is that your desire to score points off me is more important to you than any sort of logic. Why do I threaten you so Bly? Could it be that your experince of City in recent years is via some sort of American text feed? You have no clue of what''s going on over here so why don''t you piss off and play with your expatriate mates?

[/quote]

Yeah, but thats what being over the pond does for you - it addles your brain. 

I have no doubt that he''ll be telling us next that the new manager syndrome has worn off apparently. [8-)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]What he has to answer for is the players not giving the travelling supporters (the far north-west in a wintry November), UK internet viewers and international television viewers a decent effort. They plainly didn''t want to know.[/quote]Cast your mind back to the last time we were in the third division Bly, we had far worse performances than that. We didn''t, however, have UK internet viewers and international television viewers to whinge about it though! [:P]

Calm down you say?

Your post provides a litany of excuses which cannot disguise the plain lack of heart in the city performance. The only one including the manager who seemed to care was Chris Martin! At least he showed the he was plainly more than pissed off to be substituted.

How many times did we approach - let alone penetrate - the Carlisle penalty area in the second half? How did the second half outcome reflect the tactical instructions at halftime?

The players owe the ''small knot'' of travelling supporters a ticket refund if you ask me.

But as you suggest, Southend and Oldham next week will be a stern test of the manager''s mettle.

Calm down? Having inveigled a few of my friends to watch the match with me on Setanta on the other side of the Atlantic I am acutely embarassed. Calm down?

Hmph!

OTBC

[/quote]

What I find so sad is that your desire to score points off me is more important to you than any sort of logic. Why do I threaten you so Bly? Could it be that your experince of City in recent years is via some sort of American text feed? You have no clue of what''s going on over here so why don''t you piss off and play with your expatriate mates?

[/quote]

Little, short men in Cuban heels with big egos make a lot of men nervous.

Especially when they have that nasty streak.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]What he has to answer for is the players not giving the travelling supporters (the far north-west in a wintry November), UK internet viewers and international television viewers a decent effort. They plainly didn''t want to know.[/quote]Cast your mind back to the last time we were in the third division Bly, we had far worse performances than that. We didn''t, however, have UK internet viewers and international television viewers to whinge about it though! [:P][/quote]

The last season we were in the Third division we won promotion having reached an FA Cup Semi=Final replay the previous season.

I don''t remember performances worse than yesterday''s.

But then again, if Paul Lambert is half the manager that Archie Macaulay was we won''t have to worry about whinging much more will we?

[:P]

OTBC

Calm down you say?

Hmph!

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beau, I expect better from you than to generalise against a group based upon where they live.Where someone lives currently is not a reflection of their attitude towards the club. Bly seems to often have a similar approach to Cluck and yet, they are on opposite sides of the water. However, their avatars are similar so.....who knows. It''s true that I am not aware of what is occurring on the pitch ( with the odd exception of the odd game that''s carried over the internet ) however, you won''t find me making comment on player performances for obvious reasons. That does not mean I cannot share opinions on other matters and I do.