Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Didn't think a lot of Anthony Mcnamee

Cant really see what he would offer us except pace.Strange that certain posters on here believe him to be the missing link... [:$]

[quote user="Larry David"]Cant really see what he would offer us except pace.Strange that certain posters on here believe him to be the missing link... [:$][/quote]I think that some of them are the missing link...

I thought he was quite good and it pleased me today when I realised we were interested, he''s full of tricks on the ball and maybe with a little bit of practise could easily skin centre backs in league one, at least.

I thought he looked a bit too similar to Hoolahan in terms of positioning and style of play.

Not sure he is the answer at all. Expected him to be a bit taller.

The great thing for me, it seems that whoever joins us will improve under this manager and coach.

I give you Rusty, Doc, Martin and Juke Box to name four.

All very encouraging.

I thought he was very lively today and looks like he has a few tricks up his sleeve, I to though thought he was to similar to Hoolahan.

McNamee played in a similar role to Hoolahan today, but was nowhere near as good. Swindon''s best player Jonathan Douglas was suspended for the game, so I''m assuming McNamee was a straight swap in his position. He drifted out wide a few times and he looked pacy, and as if he might do something. But he didn''t.

I''d like to see him play out wide to see how he plays, but it''s difficult to judge him on todays performance.

I thought I heard the Swindon fans booing when he was substituted so they must have wanted him to stay on? Looked lively but a bit lightweight - I guess our interest was at a time when Wes was out of the picture...

Not really that much like Hoolahan - he seemed to be more direct where-as Hoolahan doesn''t. Would also say he looked far more comfortable in wide positions and as a winger you would expect that. He didn''t have a good game mainly because Swindon were under so much pressure in the first half they couldn''t get the ball to him in positions where he could do much.If he was to play in a team where they could get him more space and time on the ball due to well worked movements then I am sure he would be a decent player.I have to say on that note Grant Holt was brilliant today - switching play out to the wings when he could and young Francombe bombing forward at every oppertunity.

We were chatting to a Swindon fans walking back after the game and they were both disappointed and confused as to why their manager played him out of position.  He is, according to them, usually played as a winger where he can use his pace and is far more influential.  Personally I thought he was quite lively and their only real threat when we allowed him the space.  I''m quite glad they didn''t play him wide left against young George, could have given us a little more trouble.

The only two things i can remember him doing were a bit of skill followed by two decent-ish crosses, like Fabregas poor mans Crook said in the right team he could be good and him possibly as a left winger for us could improve us alot.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="king canary"]He wears lime green boots so therefore must be a c8ck [;)]
[/quote]you have to be good to play in coloured boots [Y][/quote]

you have to be GREAT to wear coloured boots!

Grant holt wears black boots and hes good [;)]

yes he was a poor mans hoolihan when playing in the hole, we didnt see him in his natural position. I remember most of last season hoolihan on the left wing was belows par.

He had one early run across the pitch which showed his pace and I thought I could see why Lambert might be interested. He showed some fancy footwork near the snakepit n the second half but it was a poor cross afterwards and completely predictable he woudl be subbed.

But beyond that he was anonymous, his effort of the ball shocking and Drury completely dominated him.

Him or Wes or Korey? on todays showing AM was a poor third

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Not sure he is the answer at all. Expected him to be a bit taller.

[/quote]Isn''t that what Roeder said about Lupoli?

I thought he looked very lively and was pleased when he was taken off.