Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

MK Dons to beat Bristol Rovers at home.Dons went 4 games unbeaten, and 4 games without conceding before they lost 3-1 at Southampton on Wednesday.Bristol Rovers have lost their last 4 games, losing to Leeds, Norwich, Yeovil and Southend, conceding 13 goals in the process.

Left the French league this week (where I was going to go for Lyon) and returning to Germany for Hamburg Vs Borussia M''gladbach Home Win.

I''m going to Austria this week where Sturm Graz are at home to bottom team Karnten. I''m slightly worried that Sturm Graz don''t score many goals but they are in good form and Karnten seem to lose every away game by four! Their away record is appalling having played six, lost six, scored six and conceded 24. Sturm Graz are 2 points off top and they should have enough to win this despite their lack of goals.

Sturm Graz   v   Austria Karnten    Home Win

I popped in to see Billy this afternoon and settled up after backing another donkey last Saturday[:''(] I tried to give him a little fright, just for Halloween, and told him how many of us are still on 100% and that I was going to do a line of football instead of a horse this week[:^)]

He was totally cool and unimpressed though[H]

He did say he''d be up for a Friday night at the club in Novemeber so if any of you PUPs are interested we could maybe work something out[Y]

I''m afraid i''m going to piggy-back Nutty''s selection, so for me
Sturm Graz   v   Austria Karnten    Home WinGood luck Xx

Keep the naps coming everyone, my spreadsheet is bulging quite nicely .

I''ve just realised I may need all my lucky charms this week, not only is it Halloween [6] it''s also week 13 of the free bet season [st]

Oh dear somebody call a priest

League two for me this week. Hereford ( 3 3 1 10 8 ) should have too much about them for lowly Darlington ( 0 1 6 3 15 ) so.....

Hereford v Darlington..........Home win.

Good luck Yellow Fever. [Y]

I was going for Hamburg this week but as Moo has taken that I''ll go to Belgium instead of Germany:

Anderlect   v    Lokeren   HOME WIN

Good Luck Yellow Fever and all you lovely PUPs..........[Y][6]

ill stick with league 1 again this week and pick MK DONS v bristol rovers home win please.

Although these games have already been picked I will post them here. I am looking after two PUPs naps as they are unable to post this week.

Canary Cherub  left us Manchester United V Blackburn    Home win.

And

Cosmic Twin  left us Middlesboro   V   Plymouth   Home Win

I''m off to Germany for

Hamburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach - HOME WIN

Hamburg currently second with a home record of W4 D1 L0 F11 A3 and Borussia currently fifteenth with an away record of W0 D1 L4 F4 A12.

Good luck PUPs [Y]

Seems a tough week this week from my quick scan down the fixtures, with no real stand out "easy wins."

I''ll go for Man Utd vs Balckburn - Home win.

Good luck Yellow Fever.

Apologies but I''m going for an easy pick this week:

PSV Vs Vitesse - Home Win.

Good luck yellow fever!

If you do fancy soemthing with a bit of a risk I would reccomend Athletic Bilbao Vs Atletico Madrid - Home win. Atletico have been awful this season and while bilbao haven''t scored many goals I fancy them overall. Maybe I''m just biased though as Bilbao are a club I have alot of time for and they go about things properly.

Davo

Okay here''s my attempt this week to improve my paltry 57% score

Livorno v. Inter Milan = Has to be an AWAY win

Inter are cruising away at the top of Serie A and Livorno have only scored 4 goals in 10 games this season. Sound like a good bet to me

Middlesborough vs Plymouth looks a banker: Plymouth are in freefall, Middlesborough really aren''t a bad team with the likes of Lita, Johnson, Emnes et al, plus they have new manager syndrome on their side. HOME WIN.

Good luck PUPs, I''ve got a feeling we''re onto something good this week [:)]

Right, I’ve spent a lot of time on this today, so it’s now or never.

Firstly, I’d like to thank you all for your help & suggestions [Y]

After long & careful thought I’ve come up with 6 Final selections.

Paramount in my mind was that although I had a strategy of picking a couple of wild cards, at the end of the day I was gambling with Academy money so that ruled out any silly high odds bets just for the sake of it.

Therefore, my final picks had to have a real chance of coming good.

I have studied all the naps given to me, put them on a spreadsheet, compared all the odds & looked at all the form & league tables available.

I’ve been on oddschecker.com & used their accumulator to predict various permutations & combinations. I’ve used part number crunching & part gut instinct to finally come up with 6 matches that I feel could potentially bring us a good return.

Despite my joviality, I always intended to take this deadly seriously. (I am however now ready for a lay down in a dark room )

I originally thought about picking the 4 or 5 most popular selections, but having studied the matches I felt there were one or two better priced games that were crying out to be chosen so I apologise if your nap hasn’t been selected, but thank you all the same.

I’ve changed my mind a few times, but I finally decided to just go for it.

This has been really really tough & at the same time very enjoyable.

I’ve given this a lot of thought & I hope I don’t let you all down.

So, without further ado, my picks for this week are:-

Hamburg  v Borussia Monchengladbach -  Home Win (Mandie Moo, Legend Iwan, Shack Attack)

Leeds v Yeovil – Home Win (methcanary, ncfcstar, City Angel, Hissing Sid, Sparkos)

Malaga v Valencia  - Away Win (Beausant)

Middlesborough v Plymouth – Home Win (Mister Chops, Cosmic Twin, Obiwancanary, Dion Dublin= Legend, scrimmage)

Osasuna v Barcelona – Away Win ( Inch High, Gingerpele, Berkshire Canary)

Roda v FC Twente – Away Win (Scooby)

I’m a bit worried about three of them being away wins, but according to oddschecker.com, these are all pretty good odds considering their win-ability so could bring us a fair payout, & that’s without Billy’s generosity.

I do realise that I am taking a few chances but I honestly believe these are do-able, & I think we’ll have a few more winners yet this season, so I let my adventurous side loose.

I am however not a gambling man, so cannot be held responsible for the fact that this will probably go totally pear shaped & I’ll end up with the worst score ever for a final picker.

Still, fortune favours the bold (or he who dares wins Rodney)

Feel free to abuse me come Sunday evening

Fingers crossed, Hail Mary & Hallelujah

Andy

p.s. I’d like to change my pick from Man U to a Valencia away win if that’s ok, just to show a bit of conviction in my choices.

p.p.s Happy Halloween [6]