Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Our greatest ever Import?

Not a very inspiring bunch to choose from.

Ulf was a legend in his own particular way . . .

So was Marc Libbra for about 20 minutes . . .

Then there was "the wrong Papa Diop" . . .

[quote user="singing canary"]didnt he play in the world cup or was it when bbc made a error ..!!!??[/quote]

No, it was Mike Walker who made an error.  He signed a player called Papa Diop who made one appearance, during which it was discovered that he didn''t know how to take a throw in but could direct large gobbets of phlegm at the away fans from an impressive distance.  Boxing Day 1997 I think it was, QPR.  Never seen again.

[quote user="Norwich"]It wasn''t an international import, but can anyone remember Neil Emblen? Shocking player IMO![/quote]

Jesus! So annoying. Emblen was a decent player and went on to captain and play very well for a team in the Championship, for several years after leaving us.

He was not a "shocking player", it just didn''t work out for him here, being given the captaincy before he''d played a match and being injured for almost all his time here didn''t help.

Your opinions are pointless, if you make such ridiculous sweeping statements.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]

[quote user="Norwich"]It wasn''t an international import, but can anyone remember Neil Emblen? Shocking player IMO![/quote]

Jesus! So annoying. Emblen was a decent player and went on to captain and play very well for a team in the Championship, for several years after leaving us.

He was not a "shocking player", it just didn''t work out for him here, being given the captaincy before he''d played a match and being injured for almost all his time here didn''t help.

[/quote]

Thanks for that, I like to know that my opinion is pointless [:|]

[quote user="Norwich"][quote user="Fuglestad"]

[/quote]

Thanks for that, I like to know that my opinion is pointless [:|][/quote]They are if they are the complete opposite of the thread title.  ''Our greatest ever Import?''  So the crappiest British player gets posted.

[quote user="Norwich"][quote user="Fuglestad"]

[/quote] Thanks for that, I like to know that my opinion is pointless [:|][/quote]

He has a point, of course most of remember Neil Emblen, it wasn’t that long ago and he wasn’t even a foreign import so why bother mentioning him?   

Pretty good player but suffered a nasty hamstring injury on the opening day of the season down at the New Den, evidently a great bloke to have around the place none the less 

As has already been mention Saf and Steeno

Safri for me,ironically my brother who lives/works in Qatar has watched him play a few times over there. A match ticket in Qatar is about £2 and some games you just walk in for free.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="singing canary"]didnt he play in the world cup or was it when bbc made a error ..!!!??[/quote]

No, it was Mike Walker who made an error.  He signed a player called Papa Diop who made one appearance, during which it was discovered that he didn''t know how to take a throw in but could direct large gobbets of phlegm at the away fans from an impressive distance.  Boxing Day 1997 I think it was, QPR.  Never seen again.

[/quote]Sorry, but that''s not quite right.  His name is Pape Diop - not Papa.  He had a trial with Norwich and played against AZ Alkmaar and also in another friendly.  He was then signed on loan by Bryan Hamilton - not Walker.  He made 5 appearances in 1999.  After the 5th game he was reported to the police for spitting at an away fan, but he quickly left the country and joined a French team before it was investigated.

So apart from the player''s name, the number of appearances, the manager, circumstances of his signing and the year.  Your post was reasonably accurate.

The BBC did also report incorrectly, there were 2 Pape Diops in the Senegalese team, and while the BBC claimed one played for Norwich, neither of them did.