Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Objectives of NCISA

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Metatron"]"Why are you a ColU fan so obsessed with NCISA and Norwich City??" FFS, you know why - HE IS LOOKING FOR A STORY[/quote]

Which there isn''t at the moment...............[W]

[/quote]But you''ve been hanging around for what a couple of years now?Do you not understand that to many of us there is something intrinsically paradoxical in your presence here? You are often quick to present what appears to be a balancing view (some might word this differently and say ''Delias side of the story'') and to assuade the dissent on this forum and all the while you as a professional journalist can only be here because ultimately you must believe that there is a big enough story deep down in our club to compensate you for 100''s of hours spent trawling this forum, and this is the bit that I and probably others just cannot grasp.If all is well at Chateau Carrow why are you here?And if there really are big problems within the club that would certainly explain your presence over such an extended period but raises a number of paradoxes not least of which is why you are always so quick to counter anyone who raises their head above the parapet, surely these are the people most likely to force an expose and give you your story?A buzzard flies straight over healthy creatures but circles distressed and dying animals. You have been circling for some time.

My take on this is slightly different from that of USA and Foggo7. I''m not a member of nCIsA but I was at the meeting. I don''t believe it was the intention to punish the club or deprive them of money. I believe it was an attempt to make the club aware of ST holders feelings whilst still committing support and money for next season. After all said and done, 18,000 ST''s in the face of relegation is one hell of a commitment of support and money.

At the meeting there were speakers who showed concern, that even though the club had agreed a price adjustment (rebate) in the event of relegation, giving that refund could be harmful. Suggestions were made as to the various ways that "rebate" could find it''s way back into the clubs coffers. One such way that was suggested was to buy shares through the Supporters Trust. In fact the guy from the Supporters Trust spoke at length about this at the meeting and was encouraged to do so by the Chairman.

Now if you guys read the statement again perhaps it''s not so damning as you first thought. Because to me it reads, and I have always believed it to be, a recommendation that fans take their rebates but return them through other channels if they so wish.

“In relation to the vote on the club''s rebate scheme, NCISA are recommending all fans to apply for the rebate. They acknowledged suggestions from the public meeting that some supporters may want to receive the rebate and then individually earmark it for the benefit of the club in other ways, such as making donations to the supporters'' trust or the youth academy. However, NCISA''s committee felt this should be a matter for individuals.”

However, as Yankee has pointed out, there has of yet been no communication from the club. I understand there will be one and as I said in an earlier post, any reasonable fan would give such a communication due attention and re-evaluate their position if they deemed it neccessary.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="USAcanary"] I wanted to know if NCISA supported that call for a boycott of food/drink vendors at the meeting. I want to know if these are the ideas that will help the club going forward. I ask simple questions........[/quote]

There were loads of ideas brought up at the meeting, from memory the NCISA top table didn''t respond to every one of them as there were a lot of hands up and the microphone was passed from person to person.

You surely can''t hold NCISA responsible for all the ideas that were rasied that night, the meeting was organised to give people a chance to speak and thats what happened.

[/quote]

I wanted to know if the NCISA board members agreed with the idea raised.

From his reply (accusing me of being a drunk), Mr Tilson didnt even remember the suggestion being asked at his own meeting.

When I presented evidence that indeed the suggestion had been raised at the meeting I was ignored.

[quote user="USAcanary"] I wanted to know if the NCISA board members agreed with the idea raised. From his reply (accusing me of being a drunk), Mr Tilson didnt even remember the suggestion being asked at his own meeting. When I presented evidence that indeed the suggestion had been raised at the meeting I was ignored.[/quote]

Where does he call you a drunk, this is what Tilly posted

''''Having been to America a couple of times i have to say i thought the alcohol was agreeable but i just wonder what USAcanary has been drinking if he now thinks we are trying to "bring down the Club".

Also if you want to know what the NCISA''s opinions were on all the points raised on the evening why not email all 12 of them, their contact details are on their website.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Metatron"]"Why are you a ColU fan so obsessed with NCISA and Norwich City??" FFS, you know why - HE IS LOOKING FOR A STORY[/quote]

Which there isn''t at the moment...............[W]

[/quote]

But you''ve been hanging around for what a couple of years now?

Do you not understand that to many of us there is something intrinsically paradoxical in your presence here? You are often quick to present what appears to be a balancing view (some might word this differently and say ''Delias side of the story'') and to assuade the dissent on this forum and all the while you as a professional journalist can only be here because ultimately you must believe that there is a big enough story deep down in our club to compensate you for 100''s of hours spent trawling this forum, and this is the bit that I and probably others just cannot grasp.

If all is well at Chateau Carrow why are you here?

And if there really are big problems within the club that would certainly explain your presence over such an extended period but raises a number of paradoxes not least of which is why you are always so quick to counter anyone who raises their head above the parapet, surely these are the people most likely to force an expose and give you your story?

A buzzard flies straight over healthy creatures but circles distressed and dying animals. You have been circling for some time.

[/quote]

You are a screen break from MP''s expenses, North Korea threatening whatever, Jade dying, the Hon.Member claiming £500 for petunias and fuschias (never mind about football, that was £200,000 well spent wasn''t it?)  and you also need to get out more.

Look forward to welcoming you to Colchester which some of your lot apparently think is going to be our "Cup Final."

I think it is a nice club (which my daughter supports) but has a multitude of semi literates on your message boards as do many of us.

Hope that helps.  And if it doesn''t help hard ****** luck.

Thanks for your call.  It has been lovely talking to you and I can assure you that your comments will be passed on to the Editor.[:P]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="USAcanary"] I wanted to know if the NCISA board members agreed with the idea raised. From his reply (accusing me of being a drunk), Mr Tilson didnt even remember the suggestion being asked at his own meeting. When I presented evidence that indeed the suggestion had been raised at the meeting I was ignored.[/quote]

''''Having been to America a couple of times i have to say i thought the alcohol was agreeable but i just wonder what USAcanary has been drinking if he now thinks we are trying to "bring down the Club".

Also if you want to know what the NCISA''s opinions were on all the points raised on the evening why not email all 12 of them, their contact details are on their website.

[/quote]

I have never seen so many strange replies in one thread.

You ask where Mr Tilson calls me a drunk and then post the exact line where he suggests I have been drinking !!!!!!

Mr Tilson seems more interested in my imaginary friends/gender/facebook/location/drinking habits than actually answering questions on the NCISA agenda.

When that failed he bailed.

Very telling.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote] I have never seen so many strange replies in one thread. You ask where Mr Tilson calls me a drunk and then post the exact line where he suggests I have been drinking !!!!!! Mr Tilson seems more interested in my imaginary friends/gender/facebook/location/drinking habits than actually answering questions on the NCISA agenda. When that failed he bailed. Very telling.[/quote]

Nothing telling at all.

1. This is an open message board the choice to respond or not rests with the individual. That''s what we all post as. Tilly and others have stated at length that the views expressed on here are his not NCISA''s.

2. As Nutty, in his usual calm manner, points out ,I can''t see any reference to you being drunk, if you can then perhaps you were[;)]

3. The floor of the meeting suggested several things, some not practical or worth considering, they were consigned to the "thanks" bin I would imagine.

4. If you e-mail the committee then they will no doubt respond in a formal manner and remove the "personal" element from it.

5. As our time zones are different from yours please allow us to sleep occasionally.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Like trying your level best to link the food/drink boycott idea to NCISA when it was one regular supporter''s idea? If someone had posted that on here you wouldn''t try and get NCISA to comment on it would you?[/quote]But if the plan is to force the Smiths from Carrow road by strving them of funds, wouldn''t a food/ drink boycott make sense?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I am less interested in the debate taking place on this thread than I am in what action the club takes on the matter. Obviously, the club went ahead as usual with respect to incenting people to buy their season tickets at Championship rates. The club recognised there was a risk of relegation and, therefore, made it clear that there would be a lower season ticket cost if relegation occurred, meaning a sum of money would need to be returned to the loyal fans. Any amount of money that has been paid by any fan for next season based upon Championship rates has, in essence, been held in trust by the club. I would expect the club to respect that trust by doing the honorable thing and return that money and, to date, I am unaware that the club has given any indication to the contrary. Is anyone aware that the club has indicated it is not prepared to honor that trust?

[/quote]My understanding is that they will be writing at the end of the month. I can''t see anyway that they could not honour the trust - it would directly contradict what they had said before. Besides which, it would be illegal wouldn''t it?

[quote user="cityangel"]

You surely can''t hold NCISA responsible for all the ideas that were rasied that night, the meeting was organised to give people a chance to speak and thats what happened.

[/quote]Of course we can''t hold NCISA responsible for all the ideas that were raised at the meeting. The purpose of the thread is to find out what the NCISA views are. It simply isn''t very clear.

[quote user="Badger"]But if the plan is to force the Smiths from Carrow road by strving them of funds, wouldn''t a food/ drink boycott make sense?[/quote]If the intention is to do that then yes it probably does. But I doubt it will have as much impact as boycotts and so on.

You make some sensible points Nutty Nigel. I was not aware of the Supporters Trust viewpoint, thank you.However, there remains a number of unanswered questions as far as I am concerned.1. Why NCISA''s committee felt that all fans should claim the rebate despite the fact that I understand 25% voted against it at the meeting2.  Why they recommended that all fans claim the rebate but the decision on whether to "earmark for the benefit of the club" should be down to individuals. Surely I am not alone in thinking that this is inconsistent, and to a degree, different from the feelings of the meeting?Finally, and my main question, is what in the NCISA’s opinion is the purpose of advising fans to not claim the division one discount. There have been a number of individuals within the NCISA who have expressed a view, but as far as I am aware there is no “official standpoint.”I appreciate that they are all volunteers and live busy lives but it has been nearly two weeks since the meeting and this matter must have been discussed before the statement was issued?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Badger"]But if the plan is to force the Smiths from Carrow road by strving them of funds, wouldn''t a food/ drink boycott make sense?[/quote]If the intention is to do that then yes it probably does. But I doubt it will have as much impact as boycotts and so on.[/quote]I meant ticket boycotts obviously...!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I have been wondering as the day has gone on why the attitude adopted by USA canary towards NCISA has turned into a full frontal attack on "Tilson" as he so eloquently calls me in the more recent posts.The view is that i dictate NCISA press statements and do not consult with my committee and dismiss the views of the fans in pursuit of my own agenda.

I have taken great offence to the suggestion that i am acting out of spite and have set out to hurt my football club.

Such remarks i would have expected from my number one fan LQ who for some reason seems to have swerved the opportunity to join in but the tone adopted by USAcanary has a certain familiar tone about it and a trawl of Facebook has aroused by suspicions.

As a result i will only ask this of USAcanary,are you connected and known to LQ?My apologies in advance if i am off beam.

[/quote]My apologies for being run off my feet over the last couple of days and unable to contribute on here in the way you seem to expect. I didn''t realise I''d signed a contract!As for who''s pals with whom - sorry, this is complete paranoia. It''s along the lines that state that no-one can possibly be just a fan without an agenda if they hold a different view (which automatically cues insults) or try to look behind the supposed obvious, so anyone who does MUST be colluding with anyone else who does etc etc ad nauseum...

[quote user="Badger"]
You make some sensible points Nutty Nigel. I was not aware of the Supporters Trust viewpoint, thank you.

However, there remains a number of unanswered questions as far as I am concerned.

1. Why NCISA''s committee felt that all fans should claim the rebate despite the fact that I understand 25% voted against it at the meeting

2.  Why they recommended that all fans claim the rebate but the decision on whether to "earmark for the benefit of the club" should be down to individuals.

Surely I am not alone in thinking that this is inconsistent, and to a degree, different from the feelings of the meeting?

Finally, and my main question, is what in the NCISA’s opinion is the purpose of advising fans to not claim the division one discount. There have been a number of individuals within the NCISA who have expressed a view, but as far as I am aware there is no “official standpoint.”

I appreciate that they are all volunteers and live busy lives but it has been nearly two weeks since the meeting and this matter must have been discussed before the statement was issued?

[/quote]

A statement saying "we think 75% of you should ask for a rebate" would be daft. A democratic vote was taken and the result of that vote prevailed.

NCISA can only recommend therefore any decision is down to the individual. Unless of course they can censor and check your post!!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

A statement saying "we think 75% of you should ask for a rebate" would be daft. A democratic vote was taken and the result of that vote prevailed.

NCISA can only recommend therefore any decision is down to the individual. Unless of course they can censor and check your post!!!

[/quote]Agreed that the "we think 75% of you should ask for a rebate" would be daft. But there were alternatives. They could have said that "the rebate" decision was down to individuals as they said about "earmark(ing) for the benefit of the club." This would have been more consistent.They could have been more assertive but still have been consistent:e.g. "The NCISA backs the strong feeling from those present that fans should apply to reclaim their "rebate," although we recognise that it is ultimately down to individual preference."

[quote user="LQ"]

My apologies for being run off my feet over the last couple of days and unable to contribute on here in the way you seem to expect. I didn''t realise I''d signed a contract!

[/quote]

Are you involved in the Norwich City Supporters Trust as well as the SCG ??

I have just got up to speed with this thread and i find the use of expressions such as "financial meltdown" "bring the club down" and "shout down Delia and Bryan Gunn" a tad dramatic and unnecessary in relation to NCISA and the meeting and subsequent press release.

As for me failing to respond to the boycott food/drink vendors suggestion i got the impression that the poster thought this was a NCISA proposal hence my reply that i had no knowledge.

As Butler has pointed out there were suggestions as to what the fans should do flying all around St Andrews Hall.Hence a comprehensive report was compiled and before you ask no it has not been published as it will be presented to the Board of Norwich City if/when they agree to meet us.The main points of the meeting were contained in the press release.

I am surprised that only a 75% majority is not seen as some sort of green light by certain people for NCISA to progress with.

NCISA are not a revolutionary body but is is plain that one or two on this thread see us as such because of the inflamatory quotes i outlined in the first sentence and the object of the call to recommend that season ticket holders claim the rebate was to make the Board sit up and take note and not see the sale of 18,000 season tickets as an endorsement of their decisions.Mike Reynolds of the Supporters Trust was given the floor on three occassions at the meeting in order to "lay claim" to the rebates which ultimately means the Club would recieve the money anyway.

The Board have always claimed to be listening to the fans and that maybe well be so but have they acted on what they heard? i would suggest no on far too many occassions.

The "official standpoint" with regard to NCISA policy has always be done via press releases and not by posting on messageboards by individual committee members.That will continue so as there is a committee meeting Thursday all i will say is please await developments.Kathy has just returned from a 5 day break and her inbox is full so it shows that there is much work to be done.( goodness me Butler i nearly siad her box was full!)

We need action, not more meetings and statements,we all know that we need change at board level, NCISA will get a large following if they decide to take strong action against the board but i fear that we are in for a long drawn out summer,statement after statement will be released from both sides and nothing will get sorted!!! At the St Andrews hall meeting i believe the true feelings of fans was frustration and anger and more long winded decision making will not help, that growing frustration and anger will be aimed at both the club and the NCISA but in all honesty i think most fans realise that Delia has had her time and needs to leave,maybe the NCISA can help get the ball rolling,maybe not but i will not sit back and take another season of crap and second rate players and with or without the NCISA''s backing Delia and the board must be made to feel very uncomfortable and that must start now! 

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

So why did you ask Kathy for a application to join a couple of weeks ago then?

[/quote]

I like to tease! seriously? I didn''t like their self important tone pre St Andrews hall, it put me right off.

If they held a rally in my lounge I''d boycott it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]NCISA are toothless, always were, thats why the board pay little heed to their members.[/quote]

Cmon Wizard give them a chance, there aren''t any other supporters groups holding meeting or seeking fan''s views are there?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]We need action, not more meetings and statements,we all know that we need change at board level, NCISA will get a large following if they decide to take strong action against the board  [/quote]

What do you suggest they do then PhatCanary??

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]NCISA are toothless, always were, thats why the board pay little heed to their members.[/quote]

Cmon Wizard give them a chance, there aren''t any other supporters groups holding meeting or seeking fan''s views are there?

[/quote]

True Angel, but don''t you think the best kind of action is always unplanned and spur of the moment?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I have just got up to speed with this thread and i find the use of expressions such as "financial meltdown" "bring the club down" and "shout down Delia and Bryan Gunn" a tad dramatic and unnecessary in relation to NCISA and the meeting and subsequent press release.

As for me failing to respond to the boycott food/drink vendors suggestion i got the impression that the poster thought this was a NCISA proposal hence my reply that i had no knowledge.

As Butler has pointed out there were suggestions as to what the fans should do flying all around St Andrews Hall.Hence a comprehensive report was compiled and before you ask no it has not been published as it will be presented to the Board of Norwich City if/when they agree to meet us.The main points of the meeting were contained in the press release.

I am surprised that only a 75% majority is not seen as some sort of green light by certain people for NCISA to progress with.

NCISA are not a revolutionary body but is is plain that one or two on this thread see us as such because of the inflamatory quotes i outlined in the first sentence and the object of the call to recommend that season ticket holders claim the rebate was to make the Board sit up and take note and not see the sale of 18,000 season tickets as an endorsement of their decisions.Mike Reynolds of the Supporters Trust was given the floor on three occassions at the meeting in order to "lay claim" to the rebates which ultimately means the Club would recieve the money anyway.

The Board have always claimed to be listening to the fans and that maybe well be so but have they acted on what they heard? i would suggest no on far too many occassions.

The "official standpoint" with regard to NCISA policy has always be done via press releases and not by posting on messageboards by individual committee members.That will continue so as there is a committee meeting Thursday all i will say is please await developments.Kathy has just returned from a 5 day break and her inbox is full so it shows that there is much work to be done.( goodness me Butler i nearly siad her box was full!)

[/quote]Thank you.Is it possible that you put a fuller statement on your website so that the NCISA''s position is clear? I do appreciate the difficulty that you have of only being able to speak on your own behalf and not that of the organisation as a whole, but given the "fevered nature" of recent discussions, this whole thing needs to be clearer before we move forward.

Well thats for them to decide isn''t it ca, a large protest, staying away from all home pre season games, a bloody get Delia out BBQ, Jesus Christ something is better than nothing,surely a large group like the NCISA don''t need me to tell them what needs to be done?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Hope that helps.  And if it doesn''t help hard ****** luck.

Thanks for your call.  It has been lovely talking to you and I can assure you that your comments will be passed on to the Editor.[:P]

[/quote]What would really help is your removal from this site. You are a dreadful third rate hack who is unable to refrain from sticking his pathetic oar into matters that do not, in any way, concern him. Not only that, but the smug and self righteous manner with which you conduct yourself on a forum you have no business being on simply beggars belief, and although this post will probably face removal, it is your entire membership here that should be revoked with immediate effect.Have a nice day yourself.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Well thats for them to decide isn''t it ca, a large protest, staying away from all home pre season games, a bloody get Delia out BBQ, Jesus Christ something is better than nothing,surely a large group like the NCISA don''t need me to tell them what needs to be done?[/quote]

Just as a matter of interest Phat what would you propose to do over the say................next month or so before pre season.?I am not being sarcastic mate,it is a genuine question.