Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Objectives of NCISA

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Again Cam - it has never been a matter of choice. It''s not about harming the club. All we have is the clubs own pricing structure they set in their initial communications to sell season tickets.

[/quote]

It is utterly about harming your club.  You know that and so do I.  Teach them a lesson with their stupid price structure now they are down in League One aka Division Three and let us all claim our refund - or not as the case may be.

Stupid Delia, Stupid Michael, Stupid Doncaster so let''s send a message and take advantage of their stupidity while doing so.

Doomcaster shortly before collecting his P45 estimated that it would cost around £600,000 if everyone went for it.

On behalf of Colchester United I hope each and everyone of you claims your rebate.[:D]

[/quote]

Now I don''t know about ColU or the Imps but I do know about Norwich City. And what I know is that after the most disappointing season in my memory we still have 18,000 season ticket holders pledging their support for next season. And they are backing this up with a financial commitment to buy tickets before they even know what players they will be watching. They are not withholding their money, they are parting with their money. And they are paying every penny the club asked for when the tickets went on sale.

So now you tell me about ColU and the Imps Cam - because from where I''m looking it appears their fans "vote with their feet" and deprive their clubs of the whole ticket price.

What happened to my post about your Cup Final???

[/quote]

It is, I would suggest, at best spin, at worst hypocrisy, to suggest that "recommending season ticket holders" to apply for their rebate was not designed to send a "don''t mess with us" message to the Board.  Of course it was.  Or are you suggesting it was just a "friendly reminder" on the subject?  As to the number of season ticket holders renewing that is irrelevant.  Most of our few thousand who renew each year will no doubt do so again - it usually varies by a few hundred each season, up and down, but this year at all clubs (yours included) it may well be affected by the recession. 

I am well aware of the "honours" of both my two (not very hard to remember the lot) but to suggest, as some have, that Norwich will somehow be a "Cup Final" for the other members of League One or Division Three is, I believe, to be misinformed.  None of us have any idea at this stage what sort of squad we will either have or face.  Personally, I am far more worried about Huddersfield who claim to be going on a spending spree and whose new manager is already offering opening bids of close to a million on several players.  I can assure you that Colchester won''t be competing in that financial range.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="LQ"]Hey, some cool character assasination on here. Lord knows no-one should ever have a point of view that takes into account all the grey areas when for many of you everything NCFC is just so black and white!Do any of you actually stop and think for a moment before the bloodlust hits? Perhaps if you did there could be a half reasonable debate as opposed to getting the knives out and throwing as much mud as possible at someone who has the audacity to see things differently. Good grief...[/quote]

You mean like your unprovoked attacks on NCISA and, indeed,  any supporter who doesn''t conform to YOUR view of how we should act? You really have elevated hypocrisy to another level.

[/quote]As mostly a reader of this forum which some of you could do with looking up the definition of btw, I hadn''t noticed LQ being guilty of hypocrisy. If she''s put that on another level your narrow mindedness is stratospheric.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GMF"]

There is a difference however, Currys and Comet are big companies and you, as a consumer, aren''t necessarily interested in their ongoing financial performance and certainly don''t look to be entertained by them.

The proposed rebate to ST holder''s will deprive the Club of up to 20% of it''s season ticket income, which happens to be it''s biggest source of revenue.

The choice is exactly yours but which action of the two in your example is likely to have the biggest impact on the respective revenue streams?

[/quote]

Then perhaps they should have thought of their customers before they took the decisions that devalued the product they are selling!

Remove the emotive fact that it is our club and it''s football and we are fans, that''s what they did.

[/quote]

Of course the thing that''s affected the revenue stream most is getting relegated, but presumably that''s the fault of the fans as well..........

[/quote]

And which part of my previous post actually attributes any fault to the fans, as you suggest, for relegation ???

Sure, there have been mistakes a plenty, some of whom are still contracted to the Club for next season, but, you''re missing the point, I''m not looking to apportion blame, unlike yourself, I''m looking to see how we get ourselves out of this mess as soon as possible. Relegation will effect revenue streams for next season, of course, claiming rebates will compound the problem further. Those are the core facts as to where we''re at.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Smudger"]

Would you prefer that the NCISA committee kept their heads firmly buried in the sand like the individuals running our football club, or that they tired their hardest to influence NCFC fans to do something about the terminal decline of our club?

[/quote]

Is that what they are doing? I am not clear about this? I have not seen a clear statement of their intentions or methodology.

I am not saying that it does not exist merely that I have not seen it. Can you point me to something that makes this clear?

[/quote]

Nope... I think they are going to sit twiddling their thumbs while we are took in to administration and are relegated to the 4th Division.

Just my humble opinion though... what do I know??? [:|] 

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GMF"]

There is a difference however, Currys and Comet are big companies and you, as a consumer, aren''t necessarily interested in their ongoing financial performance and certainly don''t look to be entertained by them.

The proposed rebate to ST holder''s will deprive the Club of up to 20% of it''s season ticket income, which happens to be it''s biggest source of revenue.

The choice is exactly yours but which action of the two in your example is likely to have the biggest impact on the respective revenue streams?

[/quote]

Then perhaps they should have thought of their customers before they took the decisions that devalued the product they are selling!

Remove the emotive fact that it is our club and it''s football and we are fans, that''s what they did.

[/quote]

Of course the thing that''s affected the revenue stream most is getting relegated, but presumably that''s the fault of the fans as well..........

[/quote]

And which part of my previous post actually attributes any fault to the fans, as you suggest, for relegation ???

Sure, there have been mistakes a plenty, some of whom are still contracted to the Club for next season, but, you''re missing the point, I''m not looking to apportion blame, unlike yourself, I''m looking to see how we get ourselves out of this mess as soon as possible. Relegation will effect revenue streams for next season, of course, claiming rebates will compound the problem further. Those are the core facts as to where we''re at.

[/quote]

Lets try this slowly one more time.

18000 fans purchased a season ticket based on Championship football and prices. To make this happen the club said they would adjust that price (downwards) should the unthinkable happen and the club gets relegated.

Well it did happen, so 18000 fans are now entitled to the difference is cost. THAT IS NOT A REBATE!

It is a completion of the agreed contract.

If the club cannot afford this then either:-

They should not have been so keen to take peoples money early on that promise or

They should admit the problems and ask fans for donations via what ever method.

It should NOT be part of the initial contract.

Lets for once have a little honesty from our club, then perhaps they will get more help than if people think that once again they are being taken for mugs and for granted.

[quote user="All The Answers"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="LQ"]Hey, some cool character assasination on here. Lord knows no-one should ever have a point of view that takes into account all the grey areas when for many of you everything NCFC is just so black and white!

Do any of you actually stop and think for a moment before the bloodlust hits? Perhaps if you did there could be a half reasonable debate as opposed to getting the knives out and throwing as much mud as possible at someone who has the audacity to see things differently. Good grief...
[/quote]

You mean like your unprovoked attacks on NCISA and, indeed,  any supporter who doesn''t conform to YOUR view of how we should act? You really have elevated hypocrisy to another level.

[/quote]

As mostly a reader of this forum which some of you could do with looking up the definition of btw, I hadn''t noticed LQ being guilty of hypocrisy. If she''s put that on another level your narrow mindedness is stratospheric.

[/quote]

And your level of obtuseness is off the scale. I''d stick to reading if I were you, although you seem to struggle with the bits where LQ insults the intelligence and integrity of most of the NCISA membership. We are, of course, "a rabble" whom "wild horses wouldn''t drag" the fragrant Miss Q into a meeting with, but hey, clearly it''s me whose narrow minded.

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What I object to is that you are asking the season ticket holders to pay for those mistakes by paying 20% over the odds for League One football, so by extension you are seeking to punish them financially for the mistakes of others, and using the club''s financial muddle to emotionally browbeat them into feeling guilty. One assumes that to justify punishment you have attributed blame, ergo you blame the fans. Of course, I may be wrong and you don''t think the fans are guilty, in which case you are simply demanding that they overpay for an inferior product, which, I would respectfully suggest, is equally unjustifiable.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="All The Answers"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="LQ"]Hey, some cool character assasination on here. Lord knows no-one should ever have a point of view that takes into account all the grey areas when for many of you everything NCFC is just so black and white!

Do any of you actually stop and think for a moment before the bloodlust hits? Perhaps if you did there could be a half reasonable debate as opposed to getting the knives out and throwing as much mud as possible at someone who has the audacity to see things differently. Good grief...
[/quote]

[/quote]

As mostly a reader of this forum which some of you could do with looking up the definition of btw, I hadn''t noticed LQ being guilty of hypocrisy. If she''s put that on another level your narrow mindedness is stratospheric.

[/quote]

And your level of obtuseness is off the scale. I''d stick to reading if I were you, although you seem to struggle with the bits where LQ insults the intelligence and integrity of most of the NCISA membership. We are, of course, "a rabble" whom "wild horses wouldn''t drag" the fragrant Miss Q into a meeting with, but hey, clearly it''s me whose narrow minded.

[/quote]

Ahh but LQ has been present at meetings Beau... I must at least give her credit for that.

She is still a board bottom licker though... [:P]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

18000 fans purchased a season ticket based on Championship football and prices. To make this happen the club said they would adjust that price (downwards) should the unthinkable happen and the club gets relegated.

Well it did happen, so 18000 fans are now entitled to the difference is cost. THAT IS NOT A REBATE!

They should not have been so keen to take peoples money early on that promise or

Lets for once have a little honesty from our club, then perhaps they will get more help than if people think that once again they are being taken for mugs and for granted.

[/quote]

Sarcasm doesn''t suit you, but here are two facts for you to consider:-

Firstly, from the Club''s Season Ticket flyer, page 7, Under the heading, "If we are relegated to League 1" are the words.

"Renew by the first deadline and you can claim a 15% (sic) rebate on your season ticket. Renew a after the first deadline and you can claim a 10% rebate on your season ticket."

Secondly, extract NCISA press statement on the 18th May.

"Fans were asked to vote on three important issues ...

(2 of 3) Fans were asked how many would be applying for the season ticket rebate offered by the Club as recompense for relegations ..."

Those are other people''s words, but, frankly, I really don''t care what word you use to describe it. Similary, I also think there''s little merit in debating how many of the 18,000 actually signed up because of that specific offer. It was a condition and fans are entitled to claim it if they want.

The key fact is, however, had we survived in the Championship, the revenue for the first renewals would have been £Xm, now, in League One it''s £Xm minus up to 20%. Now, which budget would you rather we were operating under, all other things being equal?

Well if the rebates total around £600,000 Smith could make up that deficit out of her loose change , time for the owner to actually put something into her club .

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sarcasm doesn''t suit you, but here are two facts for you to consider:-

Firstly, from the Club''s Season Ticket flyer, page 7, Under the heading, "If we are relegated to League 1" are the words.

"Renew by the first deadline and you can claim a 15% (sic) rebate on your season ticket. Renew a after the first deadline and you can claim a 10% rebate on your season ticket."

Secondly, extract NCISA press statement on the 18th May.

"Fans were asked to vote on three important issues ...

(2 of 3) Fans were asked how many would be applying for the season ticket rebate offered by the Club as recompense for relegations ..."

Those are other people''s words, but, frankly, I really don''t care what word you use to describe it. Similary, I also think there''s little merit in debating how many of the 18,000 actually signed up because of that specific offer. It was a condition and fans are entitled to claim it if they want.

The key fact is, however, had we survived in the Championship, the revenue for the first renewals would have been £Xm, now, in League One it''s £Xm minus up to 20%. Now, which budget would you rather we were operating under, all other things being equal?

[/quote]

Sorry but the budget at this stage is not relevant to the initial contract.

Surely our clever board had put plans together and budgeted for relegation. If not they must have been the only ones to not see it coming for the last two years.

Complete their contract and then if they need the money ask for it in terms of another share issue or whatever.

That''s the correct way to behave then all are equal, not just the season ticket holders who are unfairly being put under pressure by the likes of your good self and LQ.

Beauseant, For the avoidance of doubt, I''m not "asking" or "demanding" you to do anything and perhaps I have equal grounds for objecting to your comments re the interpration of my thoughts.

However, we all have the same choice, we either pay the Championship rates or we pay the League One rates. If you chose the former, yep, it''s probably "over the odds" for League One footy. If you chose the latter, who knows how those rates compare to fellow League One teams to judge whether the rates is over the top or not.

The Club''s financial position last season was bad enough, it will probably be worse next season, so, my guess is they''ll want as much income from season ticket holders as possible. They haven''t sent anything out yet, but, if you want to accuse them of "browbeating" or making us feel guilty, that''s your call. 

[quote user="GMF"]

Beauseant, For the avoidance of doubt, I''m not "asking" or "demanding" you to do anything and perhaps I have equal grounds for objecting to your comments re the interpration of my thoughts.

However, we all have the same choice, we either pay the Championship rates or we pay the League One rates. If you chose the former, yep, it''s probably "over the odds" for League One footy. If you chose the latter, who knows how those rates compare to fellow League One teams to judge whether the rates is over the top or not.

The Club''s financial position last season was bad enough, it will probably be worse next season, so, my guess is they''ll want as much income from season ticket holders as possible. They haven''t sent anything out yet, but, if you want to accuse them of "browbeating" or making us feel guilty, that''s your call. 

[/quote]

The letter is apparently being sent tonight, but you are still missing my point. The financial state of the club is primarily down to those who run it, as with any business. If one of my companies was in the mire I would not be going to my customers asking them to pay more for my products to get me out of trouble. This business of comparison with other league One clubs is pure obfuscation. The only relevant issue is the cost of season tickets for NCFC. The amount due back to fans was decided BY THE CLUB, as Butler has tried very hard to make clear. As for the remark that the club "will probably want as much income from season ticket holders as possible", you appear to be effectively saying that what the club wants is all important, certainly more so than the fans paying a fair price.

[quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

Who do you blame for that position then. The season ticket holders who put their money in or the board who wasted it!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Again Cam - it has never been a matter of choice. It''s not about harming the club. All we have is the clubs own pricing structure they set in their initial communications to sell season tickets.

[/quote]

It is utterly about harming your club.  You know that and so do I.  Teach them a lesson with their stupid price structure now they are down in League One aka Division Three and let us all claim our refund - or not as the case may be.

Stupid Delia, Stupid Michael, Stupid Doncaster so let''s send a message and take advantage of their stupidity while doing so.

Doomcaster shortly before collecting his P45 estimated that it would cost around £600,000 if everyone went for it.

On behalf of Colchester United I hope each and everyone of you claims your rebate.[:D]

[/quote]

Now I don''t know about ColU or the Imps but I do know about Norwich City. And what I know is that after the most disappointing season in my memory we still have 18,000 season ticket holders pledging their support for next season. And they are backing this up with a financial commitment to buy tickets before they even know what players they will be watching. They are not withholding their money, they are parting with their money. And they are paying every penny the club asked for when the tickets went on sale.

So now you tell me about ColU and the Imps Cam - because from where I''m looking it appears their fans "vote with their feet" and deprive their clubs of the whole ticket price.

What happened to my post about your Cup Final???

[/quote]

I am well aware of the "honours" of both my two (not very hard to remember the lot) but to suggest, as some have, that Norwich will somehow be a "Cup Final" for the other members of League One or Division Three is, [/quote]

Funny how I have heard of a couple of managers / players of other clubs talk about the likes of Leeds, Norwich, Charlton and Southampton as the big clubs of the division next season. I wish were not considered so.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

The letter is apparently being sent tonight, but you are still missing my point. The financial state of the club is primarily down to those who run it, as with any business. If one of my companies was in the mire I would not be going to my customers asking them to pay more for my products to get me out of trouble. This business of comparison with other league One clubs is pure obfuscation. The only relevant issue is the cost of season tickets for NCFC. The amount due back to fans was decided BY THE CLUB, as Butler has tried very hard to make clear. As for the remark that the club "will probably want as much income from season ticket holders as possible", you appear to be effectively saying that what the club wants is all important, certainly more so than the fans paying a fair price.

[/quote]

Oh my, my Beau... I do like that big word!

How many companies do you run?  I thought you were having a laugh about all of that prior to meeting you and you mentioning it several times since.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="GMF"]

The Club''s financial position last season was bad enough, it will probably be worse next season, [/quote]

They have had the money but spent it on tangible fixed assets that could have waited. Thats not my fault its theirs.

[/quote]

Ahh how harsh Tangy... I thought it was supposed to be all that nasty Mr Murdoch''s fault???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh my, my Beau... I do like that big word!

How many companies do you run?  I thought you were having a laugh about all of that prior to meeting you and you mentioning it several times since.

[/quote]

That''s why I''m grey, Smudge! Four companies in the group and a total staff of about 50, so not a potential buyer of NCFC!!![:D]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Well if the rebates total around £600,000 Smith could make up that deficit out of her loose change , time for the owner to actually put something into her club .
[/quote]

The irony is, that''s probably exactly what will happen and then convert those loans into more shares!!!

[quote]

Who do you blame for that position then. The season ticket holders who put their money in or the board who wasted it!

[/quote]

The Board, both managers (to varying degrees) and the players.

This thread is beginning to make me feel suicidal........

If NCFC had not got 18,000 fans who were prepared to put their money up front to buy a season ticket for next year, the "rebate" (call it what you will) would not be as much as £600,000.

The loyalty of the 18,000 who pledged their money in the first place must have given the club more income than many other League 1 clubs - without the £600,000.

But fans are being branded disloyal for wanting what is contractually their money. NCISA is described as being antagonistic towards the club because it has recommended that fans take what they are owed.

The reason why I will claim back what is owed on my season ticket is simple:

1) I would like to know what the club''s wages bill is likely to be in 2009-10 compared with last season.

2) I would also like to know what the salary of our new CE is likely to be.

3) And above all, we are going to be playing in League 1. We have a big ground - which will bring in revenue, but apart from that we will be a very ordinary 3rd tier club in terms of what we can afford to pay in transfer fees and wages.

I won''t cancel my season ticket - which I would see as disloyal - but I want it at its real cost.

[quote user="GMF"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Well if the rebates total around £600,000 Smith could make up that deficit out of her loose change , time for the owner to actually put something into her club .
[/quote]The irony is, that''s probably exactly what will happen and then convert those loans into more shares!!![/quote]Which are now worthless as many on here rejoice in telling us.

C''mon, you evil, lying, drunken trout, gis another couple o'' million (t'' be gorn on with).

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]The irony is, that''s probably exactly what will happen and then convert those loans into more shares!!![/quote]Which are now worthless as many on here rejoice in telling us.

C''mon, you evil, lying, drunken trout, gis another couple o'' million (t'' be gorn on with).

[/quote]

Lol!  Alternatively, well said!

So who''s going to give me their worthless shares? Lappinitup, Tangy, anyone?

[quote user="old yellow bird"]This thread is beginning to make me feel suicidal........ If NCFC had not got 18,000 fans who were prepared to put their money up front to buy a season ticket for next year, the "rebate" (call it what you will) would not be as much as £600,000. The loyalty of the 18,000 who pledged their money in the first place must have given the club more income than many other League 1 clubs - without the £600,000. But fans are being branded disloyal for wanting what is contractually their money. NCISA is described as being antagonistic towards the club because it has recommended that fans take what they are owed. The reason why I will claim back what is owed on my season ticket is simple:

1) I would like to know what the club''s wages bill is likely to be in 2009-10 compared with last season.

2) I would also like to know what the salary of our new CE is likely to be.

3) And above all, we are going to be playing in League 1. We have a big ground - which will bring in revenue, but apart from that we will be a very ordinary 3rd tier club in terms of what we can afford to pay in transfer fees and wages.

I won''t cancel my season ticket - which I would see as disloyal - but I want it at its real cost.[/quote]

A good post OYB!

You can add:

4) I would like to know whether  the club has ended its fixation with spending  money on tangible fixed assets.

BTW, the club should have enough resources to compete at Division 3 (old money) level.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="GMF"]So who''s going to give me their worthless shares? Lappinitup, Tangy, anyone?[/quote]Ask Delia & MWJ.''s for theirs......after all didn''t someone on the board say they were worthless?[/quote]So Tangy, what in your opinion is a ''fair'' price fo NCFC shares? If I wanted to buy some from you, Nutty, CA for example and you/they wanted to sell to me, what do you consider to be ''a fair price? And what do you base it on?

[quote user="old yellow bird"]But fans are being branded disloyal for wanting what is contractually their money. NCISA is described as being antagonistic towards the club because it has recommended that fans take what they are owed. [/quote]If anyone brands you as disloyal for claiming your rebate ignore them - it is your money to do what you want with. What I don''t understand though is why people would ask NCISA, which is apprently what they did. They are not the Citizen''s Advice Bureau (is it still called this)?The fact that they asked, suggests to me that they were trying to get some leadership or guidance, but not of a legal nature. I genuinely don''t know what the NCISA''s stance is - I don''t know if they are antagonistic or not. I know that some individuals within it are, but is this just their personal viewpoint or the "official line?"I have asked several times but nobody has been able to provide me with an answer.