Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Objectives of NCISA

Does that not apply to all members of the SCG who are having their rebates back and also didn''t want Gunn as their manager??

[quote user="cityangel"]Does that not apply to all members of the SCG who are having their rebates back and also didn''t want Gunn as their manager??[/quote]

Indeed it does.  Each and every one of them.  And who said what at the SCG meetings.

I think it should be told.

This  "claiming back the rebate" is getting tiresome now. Those of us who renewed our season ticket did so on the understanding that the said tickets come at a cheaper price if they are to watch League One football. Since that time we have received no communication from the club asking us to waive this League One price. We took a vote at St Andrews Hall based on the assumption that a communication was coming from the club. I voted to stick with the agreement I had signed up to as did the majority, 75% I believe.

If such a communication from the club is forthcoming then I would have thought that any reasonably minded person will read it and either stick to their decision or be persuaded by it to change their minds.

It is seeming increasingly strange that we are becoming so entrenched about something that hasn''t happened yet.

[quote user="Camuldonum"] A member of a supporters group appointed by Norwich City last night told fans to punish the club financially by claiming back a season ticket rebate in revenge for their relegation to the third tier of football for the first time in almost half a century[/quote]

You must have been at a different meeting to me then Cam, because I don''t remember anyone on the NCISA top table saying anything about revenge.

This is what NCISA statement said '''' In relation to the vote on the club’s rebate scheme, NCISA are recommending all fans to apply for the rebate. They acknowledged suggestions from the public meeting that some supporters may want to receive the rebate and then individually earmark it for the benefit of the club in other ways, such as making donations to the supporters trust or the youth academy. However, NCISA’s committee felt this should be a matter for individuals.''''

You''re getting very involved in something that surely doesn''t concern a ColU fan!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This  "claiming back the rebate" is getting tiresome now. Those of us who renewed our season ticket did so on the understanding that the said tickets come at a cheaper price if they are to watch League One football. Since that time we have received no communication from the club asking us to waive this League One price. We took a vote at St Andrews Hall based on the assumption that a communication was coming from the club. I voted to stick with the agreement I had signed up to as did the majority, 75% I believe.

If such a communication from the club is forthcoming then I would have thought that any reasonably minded person will read it and either stick to their decision or be persuaded by it to change their minds.

It is seeming increasingly strange that we are becoming so entrenched about something that hasn''t happened yet.

[/quote]

Not an issue this end had it happened except for the fact that if it damaged Lincoln or Colchester financially I would not do it.

I do realise you have issues but I am never going to go down that path.  I have had issues but I still won''t go down that path.  Not as a statement, nor as an issue.  Absolutely no way. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Not an issue this end had it happened except for the fact that if it damaged Lincoln or Colchester financially I would not do it.

I do realise you have issues but I am never going to go down that path.  I have had issues but I still won''t go down that path.  Not as a statement, nor as an issue.  Absolutely no way. 

[/quote]

Again Cam - it has never been a matter of choice. It''s not about harming the club. All we have is the clubs own pricing structure they set in their initial communications to sell season tickets.

[/quote]

[/quote]So what exactly is your point?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again Cam - it has never been a matter of choice. It''s not about harming the club. All we have is the clubs own pricing structure they set in their initial communications to sell season tickets.

[/quote]

It is utterly about harming your club.  You know that and so do I.  Teach them a lesson with their stupid price structure now they are down in League One aka Division Three and let us all claim our refund - or not as the case may be.

Stupid Delia, Stupid Michael, Stupid Doncaster so let''s send a message and take advantage of their stupidity while doing so.

Doomcaster shortly before collecting his P45 estimated that it would cost around £600,000 if everyone went for it.

On behalf of Colchester United I hope each and everyone of you claims your rebate.[:D]

PS: Or  as Worthy said after the call from Munby was relayed: "I wouldn''t go back.  The last few months were not very nice.  I thought we were in a decent position at the time but they wanted more.  I could not do what they wanted."

Anyway please all claim your rebates.

I think the above posts kind of sums up my worries about the NCISA stance.

I dont object to any suggestions that will help the club long term........

I don''t object to people having opinions on who should be on the board or who should be our manager.

I dont object to protests by groups looking for change.

I DO object to dangerous/damaging ideas that are looking to take revenue away from the club and seem nothing but spiteful calls with no logical motive.

How does hurting the clubs revenue streams help the club in any way?

The irony is that the club is going to be far more attractive for a takeover if the revenue streams are decent.

So you hurt the club and hurt its chances of finding new owners/investors.......

Pure genius.

[quote user="USAcanary"]I think the above posts kind of sums up my worries about the NCISA stance. I dont object to any suggestions that will help the club long term........ I don''t object to people having opinions on who should be on the board or who should be our manager. I dont object to protests by groups looking for change. I DO object to dangerous/damaging ideas that are looking to take revenue away from the club and seem nothing but spiteful calls with no logical motive. How does hurting the clubs revenue streams help the club in any way? The irony is that the club is going to be far more attractive for a takeover if the revenue streams are decent. So you hurt the club and hurt its chances of finding new owners/investors....... Pure genius.[/quote]

As Nutty said this "rebate" thing is getting tiresome.

It is not a rebate. It is an agreed adjustment of the ticket price to the level of first division football.

Because 18000ish fans displayed their loyalty by renewing months in advance they should not be penalised for having done so.

The club stated that should relegation happen "they would return that difference"

That is NOT a rebate.

If the club are seeking further funding from the fans in way of a charitable contribution or purchase of shares that is another matter and should be "sold" as such. Individual choice.

It appears that loyalty is being used again against the fan base. Who by?

Again as Nutty states there has yet to be any correspondence from the club. We can only assume that a few posters on here are "testing the water" for them.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="USAcanary"]I think the above posts kind of sums up my worries about the NCISA stance. I dont object to any suggestions that will help the club long term........ I don''t object to people having opinions on who should be on the board or who should be our manager. I dont object to protests by groups looking for change. I DO object to dangerous/damaging ideas that are looking to take revenue away from the club and seem nothing but spiteful calls with no logical motive. How does hurting the clubs revenue streams help the club in any way? The irony is that the club is going to be far more attractive for a takeover if the revenue streams are decent. So you hurt the club and hurt its chances of finding new owners/investors....... Pure genius.[/quote]

As Nutty said this "rebate" thing is getting tiresome.

It is not a rebate. It is an agreed adjustment of the ticket price to the level of first division football.

Because 18000ish fans displayed their loyalty by renewing months in advance they should not be penalised for having done so.

The club stated that should relegation happen "they would return that difference"

That is NOT a rebate.

If the club are seeking further funding from the fans in way of a charitable contribution or purchase of shares that is another matter and should be "sold" as such. Individual choice.

It appears that loyalty is being used again against the fan base. Who by?

Again as Nutty states there has yet to be any correspondence from the club. We can only assume that a few posters on here are "testing the water" for them.

[/quote]

You totally miss the point.

It should be up to the individual season ticket holder if they would like to claim their rebate. (and deprive the club of revenue!)

When groups like NCISA call for this as a group it''s just totally out of order.

Nothing but a spite call.

What is the positive for issuing such a statement?

How does it help the club in any way?

There were also calls for fans to boycott food/drink vendors at the club.

How any of these "suggestions" help the club we love going forward? I have no idea.

I guess if NCISA come up with enough ideas to deprive the club of revenue eventually they will go into Admin/liquidation.

How about they come up with one idea that HELPS the club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This  "claiming back the rebate" is getting tiresome now. Those of us who renewed our season ticket did so on the understanding that the said tickets come at a cheaper price if they are to watch League One football. Since that time we have received no communication from the club asking us to waive this League One price. We took a vote at St Andrews Hall based on the assumption that a communication was coming from the club. I voted to stick with the agreement I had signed up to as did the majority, 75% I believe.If such a communication from the club is forthcoming then I would have thought that any reasonably minded person will read it and either stick to their decision or be persuaded by it to change their minds.[/quote]I agree completely – it was “part of the deal” – you are 100% within your rights.[quote user="cityangel"]This is what NCISA statement said '''' In relation to the vote on the club’s rebate scheme, NCISA are recommending all fans to apply for the rebate.[/quote]However, the issue was raised by NCISA. The question is why – especially when it seems to contradict their stated objectives (as I read them)?

You really have to give credit to the club''s PR machine and all it''s little helpers (with a special mention to the Colchester branch). We now seem to have arrived at a situation where, despite numerous dreadful managerial appointments, prevarications, outright lies and a drop to our lowest status in nearly fifty years the true villains of the piece have finally been outed, and, would you credit it, it turns out to have been us, the fans, all along. I hope, like me , that you''re all hanging your heads in shame and writing out big cheques to the club..........

[quote user="Beauseant"]You really have to give credit to the club''s PR machine and all it''s little helpers (with a special mention to the Colchester branch). We now seem to have arrived at a situation where, despite numerous dreadful managerial appointments, prevarications, outright lies and a drop to our lowest status in nearly fifty years the true villains of the piece have finally been outed, and, would you credit it, it turns out to have been us, the fans, all along. I hope, like me , that you''re all hanging your heads in shame and writing out big cheques to the club..........[/quote]No you cannot blame the supporters for the mess the club is in. The responsibility lies squarely on the shoulders of the board.If you wish to make a financial contribution to the club it is entirely a matter for you - but you shouldn''t do so out of any sense of guilt!

[quote user="Beauseant"]You really have to give credit to the club''s PR machine and all it''s little helpers (with a special mention to the Colchester branch). We now seem to have arrived at a situation where, despite numerous dreadful managerial appointments, prevarications, outright lies and a drop to our lowest status in nearly fifty years the true villains of the piece have finally been outed, and, would you credit it, it turns out to have been us, the fans, all along. I hope, like me , that you''re all hanging your heads in shame and writing out big cheques to the club..........[/quote]12 years of rubbish served up by the board is ok - one year of entitlement by supporters and its ''revenge'' and ''hurting the club'' - not giving it the best chance to get out of this ''horrible league''. The brothers Grimm have serious rivals methinks.

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

I agree completely – it was “part of the deal” – you are 100% within your rights.

[quote user="cityangel"]

This is what NCISA statement said '''' In relation to the vote on the club’s rebate scheme, NCISA are recommending all fans to apply for the rebate.
[/quote]

However, the issue was raised by NCISA.

The question is why – especially when it seems to contradict their stated objectives (as I read them)?

[/quote]

Prior to the meeting we received 48 e-mails from people who were unable to attend on the night.Those e-mails expressed their views and concerns about the club and a theme that ran throughout was the question of the rebate.That is the reason why it was raised at the meeting.

With regard to claiming/not claiming,may i just ask the following.....................if you buy a washing machine from Currys under a price promise that if you find it cheaper elsewhere you will be refunded the difference and you discover it is cheaper at Comet what would you do?........Exactly the choice is yours.

Hey, some cool character assasination on here. Lord knows no-one should ever have a point of view that takes into account all the grey areas when for many of you everything NCFC is just so black and white!Do any of you actually stop and think for a moment before the bloodlust hits? Perhaps if you did there could be a half reasonable debate as opposed to getting the knives out and throwing as much mud as possible at someone who has the audacity to see things differently. Good grief...

There is a difference however, Currys and Comet are big companies and you, as a consumer, aren''t necessarily interested in their ongoing financial performance and certainly don''t look to be entertained by them.

The proposed rebate to ST holder''s will deprive the Club of up to 20% of it''s season ticket income, which happens to be it''s biggest source of revenue.

The choice is exactly yours but which action of the two in your example is likely to have the biggest impact on the respective revenue streams?

[quote user="LQ"]Hey, some cool character assasination on here. Lord knows no-one should ever have a point of view that takes into account all the grey areas when for many of you everything NCFC is just so black and white!

Do any of you actually stop and think for a moment before the bloodlust hits? Perhaps if you did there could be a half reasonable debate as opposed to getting the knives out and throwing as much mud as possible at someone who has the audacity to see things differently. Good grief...
[/quote]

You mean like your unprovoked attacks on NCISA and, indeed,  any supporter who doesn''t conform to YOUR view of how we should act? You really have elevated hypocrisy to another level.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

Strikes me Tilly you are hanged if you do and hanged if you don''t!

You hold a public open meeting, that meeting takes a vote, you reflect that vote and Guess what, You are the ones that are wrong!!

What you should have done is taken the vote, then asked the club and their delegates if it was ok to make the statement in case you might offend someone!

Then LQ and CAM(god knows what it is to do with him other than a general Sh** stir) and the other againsts would have had the chance of censoring NCISA and the rabble who attended St Andrews Hall.[:D]

I agree completely – it was “part of the deal” – you are 100% within your rights.

[quote user="cityangel"]

This is what NCISA statement said '''' In relation to the vote on the club’s rebate scheme, NCISA are recommending all fans to apply for the rebate.
[/quote]

However, the issue was raised by NCISA.

The question is why – especially when it seems to contradict their stated objectives (as I read them)?

[/quote]

Prior to the meeting we received 48 e-mails from people who were unable to attend on the night.Those e-mails expressed their views and concerns about the club and a theme that ran throughout was the question of the rebate.That is the reason why it was raised at the meeting.

With regard to claiming/not claiming,may i just ask the following.....................if you buy a washing machine from Currys under a price promise that if you find it cheaper elsewhere you will be refunded the difference and you discover it is cheaper at Comet what would you do?........Exactly the choice is yours.

[/quote]

Posted the above totally wrongly, must be a quasai Monday morning!!

You hold a public open meeting, that meeting takes a vote, you reflect that vote and Guess what, You are the ones that are wrong!!

What you should have done is taken the vote, then asked the club and their delegates if it was ok to make the statement in case you might offend someone!

Then LQ and CAM(god knows what it is to do with him other than a general Sh** stir) and the other againsts would have had the chance of censoring NCISA and the rabble who attended St Andrews Hall.Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Prior to the meeting we received 48 e-mails from people who were unable to attend on the night.Those e-mails expressed their views and concerns about the club and a theme that ran throughout was the question of the rebate.That is the reason why it was raised at the meeting.With regard to claiming/not claiming,may i just ask the following.....................if you buy a washing machine from Currys under a price promise that if you find it cheaper elsewhere you will be refunded the difference and you discover it is cheaper at Comet what would you do?........Exactly the choice is yours.[/quote]I agree the choice is mine and that of every single season ticket holder. My understanding is however, that NCISA''s statement was not a neutral stance like this, but one which recommended all fans to apply for the rebate.Clearly every fan is entitled to the rebate and given the emails you received, I can understand you discussing the issue. From my understanding however, I don''t see the NCISA''s rebate stance as neutral or a statement of consumer rights.Iis it the statement intended as a neutral act and/ or consumer advice, or is there purpose beyond this?

[quote user="GMF"]

There is a difference however, Currys and Comet are big companies and you, as a consumer, aren''t necessarily interested in their ongoing financial performance and certainly don''t look to be entertained by them.

The proposed rebate to ST holder''s will deprive the Club of up to 20% of it''s season ticket income, which happens to be it''s biggest source of revenue.

The choice is exactly yours but which action of the two in your example is likely to have the biggest impact on the respective revenue streams?

[/quote]

Then perhaps they should have thought of their customers before they took the decisions that devalued the product they are selling!

Remove the emotive fact that it is our club and it''s football and we are fans, that''s what they did.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]

Surely posts such as this have the sole intention of widening the divide between fans? What are you trying to achieve Badger? Already you have attracted snide remarks such as the one above.

I''m no great supporter of NCISA but surely if you do not agree with their recommendation all you need to do is ignore it. You have made your position clear about this issue umpteen times on other posts. I happen to agree with NCISA''s recommendation but I respect other fans'' choice to disagree.

[/quote]

I think to a point the NCISA achieve this themselves, they appear to only raise their heads to cause trouble for the club in melodramatic acts, meetings and statements, I feel it''s a shame they do not try harder to forge links with the club owners so sensible debate can take place, then we can all unite within that arena.

Acts such as encouraging us to claim our rebates which obviously leaves the club with less money are not the acts of an organization that wishes to converse freely at board level.
[/quote]

Err what planet have you been living on for the last 5 years or so exactly?

Sensible debate with the clubs owners??? [:$]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

Then perhaps they should have thought of their customers before they took the decisions that devalued the product they are selling!

Remove the emotive fact that it is our club and it''s football and we are fans, that''s what they did.

[/quote]

Of course the thing that''s affected the revenue stream most is getting relegated, but presumably that''s the fault of the fans as well..........

Badger... you wrote the following words on Sunday... "Where I do have issue is that I am not sure than the recent direction is consistent with your stated objectives, which was the point of my OP. I reiterate that I that understand your stance is “born of desperation” but I have considerable reservations about its purpose (relative to stated objectives) and consequences."

Would you prefer that the NCISA committee kept their heads firmly buried in the sand like the individuals running our football club, or that they tired their hardest to influence NCFC fans to do something about the terminal decline of our club?

So what if their recent statements do not fit in with the objectives stated on the NCISA website.  I think everybody would agree that the doors have been blown off at Carrow Road and that these are exceptional circumstances?

[quote user="The Butler"]

Posted the above totally wrongly, must be a quasai Monday morning!!

Then LQ and CAM(god knows what it is to do with him other than a general Sh** stir) and the other againsts would have had the chance of censoring NCISA and the rabble who attended St Andrews Hall.Big Smile [:D]

[/quote]

Butler old mate you are spot on.Now i see we should try harder to forge closer links with the club and enter into sensible debate with the owners !!!

I can see it now as it pops up from time to time that NCISA is "cosy with the club" and are members of the "prawn sandwich "brigade licking bums and the like.

Sensible debate indeed,may i just remind a few of what Mike Walker said"you can have an opinion at Carrow Road as long as it is Delia''s".

[quote user="Smudger"]

Would you prefer that the NCISA committee kept their heads firmly buried in the sand like the individuals running our football club, or that they tired their hardest to influence NCFC fans to do something about the terminal decline of our club?

[/quote]Is that what they are doing? I am not clear about this? I have not seen a clear statement of their intentions or methodology. I am not saying that it does not exist merely that I have not seen it. Can you point me to something that makes this clear?

[/quote]

It is utterly about harming your club.  You know that and so do I.  Teach them a lesson with their stupid price structure now they are down in League One aka Division Three and let us all claim our refund - or not as the case may be.

Stupid Delia, Stupid Michael, Stupid Doncaster so let''s send a message and take advantage of their stupidity while doing so.

Doomcaster shortly before collecting his P45 estimated that it would cost around £600,000 if everyone went for it.

On behalf of Colchester United I hope each and everyone of you claims your rebate.[:D]

[/quote]

Now I don''t know about ColU or the Imps but I do know about Norwich City. And what I know is that after the most disappointing season in my memory we still have 18,000 season ticket holders pledging their support for next season. And they are backing this up with a financial commitment to buy tickets before they even know what players they will be watching. They are not withholding their money, they are parting with their money. And they are paying every penny the club asked for when the tickets went on sale.

So now you tell me about ColU and the Imps Cam - because from where I''m looking it appears their fans "vote with their feet" and deprive their clubs of the whole ticket price.

What happened to my post about your Cup Final???