Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Roy Keane New Scum Boss

Hooray. I can see administration part two happening for our scummer chums. Keano strikes me as a cheque book manager, and a quitter to boot. He''ll spend all of Evan''s transfer funds and possibly take Ip.shit to the Premiership, then when it all starts to go wrong (hopefully) in the Premiership he''ll walk away and leave somebody else to pick up the pieces.

I believe he squandered over £80 million at Sunderland.

People on here calling Keane inexperienced and then backing Gunn , Keane has taken a club from the bottom of the Championship to promotion in the same season ,Gunn will never win a promotion anywhere anytime . We are now Ipswich''s little neighbours for sure and the sooner Delia pulls her finger out of her backside and finds us a new owner the better .

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

Hooray. I can see administration part two happening for our scummer chums. Keano strikes me as a cheque book manager, and a quitter to boot. He''ll spend all of Evan''s transfer funds and possibly take Ip.shit to the Premiership, then when it all starts to go wrong (hopefully) in the Premiership he''ll walk away and leave somebody else to pick up the pieces.

I believe he squandered over £80 million at Sunderland.

[/quote] Ask Sunderland if they would rather have that £80 million back and a place in the Championship or the £60 million plus a season from being in the Premier League.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="king canary"]She does rather have it in for you. People on this forum do hold a grudge well I find.[/quote]Yes CA''s vendetta against our resident red top hack is getting tiresome, but the lad doesn''t do himself any favours. He''s as big an attention whore as anyone at times....This could have been added to the existing Keane thread which is already running at 6 or 7 pages.[/quote]See? Told you so. Herb, mate, with respect, don''t you think you ought to leave the moderating to moderators?[/quote]I did. And they merged it with the existing thread.QED.

[quote]He got Sunderland promoted. If he does that for Ipswich, thats job done. End of.[/quote]If Evans is going to back him anything like as much as Quinns'' consortium did, then that''s where the job begins. I reckon they will have to stay in the Premiership for 5 seasons, to try to build an international brand out of the old Punch horse before Evans will start to see some of his money back.  Look at Portsmouth for example - How long have they been up there now, FA Cup winners, with losses of about 15 million !

I believe 5 years in the top flight before Evans gets his money back was mentioned when he first bought them , was hoping another couple of seasons like this one and he might have given up and pulled out , it does however seem as if he is determined to get them promoted at any cost.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]I believe 5 years in the top flight before Evans gets his money back was mentioned when he first bought them , was hoping another couple of seasons like this one and he might have given up and pulled out , it does however seem as if he is determined to get them promoted at any cost.[/quote]Sounds like my guess wasn''t actually a guess but an old memory then [:)].  I doubt he''ll get the money back then to be honest with you.  You can''t make money and stay in that league.  Unless you''re in the Champions League.

I have to say when I saw the headline;

"Keane set for Portman Road"

I thought it was merely advertising one ot the scum''s money-grabbing summer rock concerts.

Still I think he''s a great appointment. Shown more ambition than we''ve EVER done,it pains me to say.

Made my day seeing this.

Cheque book manager with zero man management skills. How much more is Uncle Marcus likely to give him? He wants a return on his money not a black hole.

I am delighted with this appointment.They deserve each other!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]People on here calling Keane inexperienced and then backing Gunn , Keane has taken a club from the bottom of the Championship to promotion in the same season ,Gunn will never win a promotion anywhere anytime . We are now Ipswich''s little neighbours for sure and the sooner Delia pulls her finger out of her backside and finds us a new owner the better .
[/quote]

Don''t you think that anybody could do it with £80 million pound transfer budget, though? You would look a bloody prize pillock if you didn''t.

From what I''ve heard from alot of Sunderland fans Roy Keane has man management skills to rival Glen Roeder.. Maybe it will work out, maybe not. Only time will tell.. We''ve got bigger things to worry about than the binmen I guess.

Totally agree with Phil and Georgie. They are welcome to eachother!

Maybe we should find a place at our club for Alfie Haaland[:^)]

Now there''s a thought!

Now that would be worth seeing.. Suppose we need to make up a chant worshipping Alfie.. Oh well all my binner mates seem to think he''s going to do a good job so I''m hoping he''ll fall flat on his face so I can ram it down their throats.

Shoot Keane down all you like.  The reality is Ipswich just commanded a 5 minute slot on thew main Sky lunch time news - when did we have the exposure last?  A big name manager who will attract name players and has money to spend.FFS - I cant actually believe anyone would not want our club to be currently in that position.

Can''t say i give two peice''s of crap who the scum have as their manager, my one and only focus is Norwich staying up and doing the best we can with the limited resources we have available to us.

I see very little point in looking at Ipswich in jealousy, their owner wouldn''t even meet Jim Magilton in person when he wanted to discuss things with him and instead held conferences over the internet... great way to run a club [/Sarcasm]

So instead of worrying about what Ipswich are up to how about you focus on supporting the lads monday and helping NORWICH stay up yeah?

I see this appointment being good for Norwich also, as it raises the profile of our rivals and thus will also have a knock-on effect with us. We will also not want to sit idly by in the shadows as Ipswich reach the premiership, and could spur us on to seek further investment to compete. 

[quote user="paul moy"]I see this appointment being good for Norwich also, as it raises the profile of our rivals and thus will also have a knock-on effect with us. We will also not want to sit idly by in the shadows as Ipswich reach the premiership, and could spur us on to seek further investment to compete. [/quote]i''d agree with that - aside from relegation to division 3 or administration - this is the worst piece of news the city board could have...

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Now I challenge some board lover to tell us that NCFC don''t take the cheap option! I am so p*ssed off by this. Roy Keane or Bryan Gunn? Oh but of course Gunn has passion for the club doesn''t he!!

What a load of bollocks.

[/quote]

Roy Keane or Paul Lambert, alex_ncfc?I really wanna see those fingers. [:D]

I brought this thread back to say "up yours" to the many that believed Keane to be a great acquisition as a manager.

[quote user="ACE"]Shoot Keane down all you like.  The reality is Ipswich just commanded a 5 minute slot on thew main Sky lunch time news - when did we have the exposure last?  A big name manager who will attract name players and has money to spend.FFS - I cant actually believe anyone would not want our club to be currently in that position.[/quote]Still jealous of the scum and their "big name manager"?Incidentally, they''re still getting 5 minute slots on Sky News...as the laughing stock of English football.I love it when a plan comes together! [:)]

[quote user="ricky knight"]If true i for one will be down the bookies to back the scum for promotion next season, Keane or Gunn to me the scum have it right.[/quote]Not forgetting our very own Ricky. Seems he may have lost his money.[:D]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="ricky knight"]If true i for one will be down the bookies to back the scum for promotion next season, Keane or Gunn to me the scum have it right.[/quote]

Not forgetting our very own Ricky. Seems he may have lost his money.[:D]
[/quote]

All those who use the scum as a weapon against our club deserve nothing less.

How much have you lost Ricky[:^)]

"I brought this thread back to say "up yours" to the many that believed Keane to be a great acquisition as a manager. "

You make it sound like I''m gutted to be wrong in this case... personally, I''m lovin'' I am! Couldn''t be happier to be more wrong! Get in! :D

I''m even starting to hope they win a game - it might buy another 3 loses? Drag it out even further...! I worry that with another manager they''ll sort themselves out (only need 2 win to clear the relegation zone), so Keane staying is imperative!

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I brought this thread back to say "up yours" to the many that believed Keane to be a great acquisition as a manager. "

You make it sound like I''m gutted to be wrong in this case... personally, I''m lovin'' I am! Couldn''t be happier to be more wrong! Get in! :D

I''m even starting to hope they win a game - it might buy another 3 loses? Drag it out even further...! I worry that with another manager they''ll sort themselves out (only need 2 win to clear the relegation zone), so Keane staying is imperative![/quote]

good work! half the muppets on here havent go a clue!keano....keano....keano!

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Whilst I am sure certain sections of their support will dancing a merry jig this appointments strikes me as not being very ‘Ipswich’ and smacks of all fur coat and no knickers. 

Inevitably it will have sections of our own support dancing a merry jig as well wishing that we too could have a major name as manager but there again they have something of season ticket issue to consider for next season and we sure as hell don’t.   

Frankly if our board reappointed Roeder with Grant as his number two we would still get eighteen thousand renewals so perhaps in this instance the enemy have voted with their feet and forced change upon their board? 

None the less I can’t help but think the locals will not take to him very well, he may well spend a huge amount and buy some short-term success but they like us do expect to have things done a certain way and I can not see Keane being that man beyond about eighteen months.  He won’t develop a team for the medium term and  will their better youngsters get a chance?  Can’t see it myself and by God they love a good moan down there, good luck Roy, you’ll need it! 

Still on matters closer to home when can we start to look forward to the next Carrow Road conclave?  The smoke bellows, Roger appears and Les Reid walks through the curtains as once again we show determination in following the Charlton model of failure

[/quote]

Someone knew their stuff....[Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Bury Green"]

Whilst I am sure certain sections of their support will dancing a merry jig this appointments strikes me as not being very ‘Ipswich’ and smacks of all fur coat and no knickers. 

Inevitably it will have sections of our own support dancing a merry jig as well wishing that we too could have a major name as manager but there again they have something of season ticket issue to consider for next season and we sure as hell don’t.   

Frankly if our board reappointed Roeder with Grant as his number two we would still get eighteen thousand renewals so perhaps in this instance the enemy have voted with their feet and forced change upon their board? 

None the less I can’t help but think the locals will not take to him very well, he may well spend a huge amount and buy some short-term success but they like us do expect to have things done a certain way and I can not see Keane being that man beyond about eighteen months.  He won’t develop a team for the medium term and  will their better youngsters get a chance?  Can’t see it myself and by God they love a good moan down there, good luck Roy, you’ll need it! 

Still on matters closer to home when can we start to look forward to the next Carrow Road conclave?  The smoke bellows, Roger appears and Les Reid walks through the curtains as once again we show determination in following the Charlton model of failure

[/quote]

Someone knew their stuff....[Y]

[/quote]

Anything else you’d like to ask or to have predictions on?

Football has a habit of biting you in the bum!!!!

We are only 1 win from getting out of the bottom 3( lucky that there are 3 other very bad teams in the champ)!

Maybe you should bite your quibbling lips until March/April when we will really know if we are in the brown stuff. Maybe Nodge will suffer from an injury crisis and plumet due to your smallish squad?????

I think Roy will turn it around sooner rather than later!

I''ll keep this thread for later.