Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Roy Keane New Scum Boss

you have to admit that doing this right now is good management from their board, the manager has failed in what should have been a very achievable target, ie reaching the top 6, they sack him before the season is out, giving the new boss plenty of time to make new signings before pre-season. compare that to our board...., we would have given him until at least next november before even thinking of handing him his cards, when it would have been another season wasted, just like we have done with our last 3 managers (worthington, grant and roeder all ''gone'' between nov-jan)   i am not too sure on their choice of manager but their timing is spot on.        

Excellent.The scum finally get a manager as arrogant and deluded as their supporters. Dirty and unsportsman like as a player and a thoroughly unpleasant individual - it''s a match made in heaven for them tbh.Why some people think he''s a "name" is baffling. He was given loadsamoney at Sunderland (his first managerial post) and achieved feck all.

Spent how much on a Scottish keeper no better than Marshall - 8 million or something? How does that equate to a successful manager?He''s a tosser, now he''s at a club and town full of tossers.They deserve each other.

He spent like £20m in the champioship. Anyone who spends that and doesn''t succeed is a complete moron. I don''t think Keane did an overly impressive job at Sunderland, he just had vast amounts of money available to him. Whilst Ipswich have money, not as much as Sunderland. Plus he is an arrogant thug, so will fit in perfectly with the scum, I would never want filth like Roy Keane to be associated with our club.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="king canary"]Dont rate him as am nager to be honest. The amount of money he spent at Sunderland was ridiculous and he walked away when the going got tough. Not the criteria of a ''born winner'' in my book.[/quote]

Do you rate Gunny more than Keane?

[/quote]I''m not sure I can answer that as my mind is not made up on Gunn yet. However Keanes time at Sunderland did not lead me to rate him too highly.

[quote user="king canary"]Dont rate him as am nager to be honest. The amount of money he spent at Sunderland was ridiculous and he walked away when the going got tough. Not the criteria of a ''born winner'' in my book.[/quote]

[/quote]Look at Keane''s record given his resources and get back to us. Regardless of that though, of course I rate Gunny higher. I would argue a City fan would have to. Or are you one of the makeweights in the Barclay who never sing a song but cheer when a Man Utd result is flashed up on the scoreboard?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="king canary"]Dont rate him as am nager to be honest. The amount of money he spent at Sunderland was ridiculous and he walked away when the going got tough. Not the criteria of a ''born winner'' in my book.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Look at Keane''s record given his resources and get back to us.

Regardless of that though, of course I rate Gunny higher. I would argue a City fan would have to.

Or are you one of the makeweights in the Barclay who never sing a song but cheer when a Man Utd result is flashed up on the scoreboard?
[/quote]

You rate someone from the sales and sponsorship office more than someone who has been there and done it as a player and a manager?

Probably sums up a lot of Norwich fans if this is their way of thinking.

Why is Roy Keane a better manager than Gunny??  He spent a fortune at Sunderland, led them to the foot of the Premiership, and jumped ship when it all got too much.  He couldnt manage his breakfast.  At least Gunny has shown some nous in the transfer market, with no money.  I''d rather have Roy Waller than Roy Keane.  And he''s a total tosser as well. Oh well, at least he''ll have something in common with the TOWN he''ll be working in. 

just seen ''look east'' with their bit about jim being sacked, they could not have found a more thicker representative of binners to do some sound bites, i normally cringe when they go out on the streets of norwich to ask for opinions but the ones they got in ipswich today makes the twins on the market place look like pulitzer prize winners. 

For what its worth here is my theory on Keano....As a player he was famous for having high standrads, understandable being captain of one of the best clubs in the world. This is all well and good as having a firbrand Captain who can deliver a rant and give some lazy youngsters a kick up the arse is no bad thing. However as a manager a differetn style is required, a different appraoch to getting the best out of players. Especially managing teams like Ipswich and Sunderland where of course the players will be nowhere near the standard Keane was used to at Man U. Maybe in time Keane will learn how to deal with this but at the moment I dont think he does.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

You rate someone from the sales and sponsorship office more than someone who has been there and done it as a player and a manager?

[/quote]He''s done feck all as a manager other than spend someone elses money in vast quantities on players that turned out to be nowhere near good enough for the job in hand. Quite what having "done it" as a player has to do with his managerial qualities I don''t know.As a player he acheived plenty it''s true, but so did Gunn. The fact Gunny was at a smaller club doesn''t tarnish his record. Gunny however was a true professional and gentleman as well as a formidable opponent. Oh well, 1 out of 3 isn''t bad Roy!I can only assume you weren''t following City back then otherwise you''d know this. Gunn is a much bigger man than Keane ever was or will be.

[quote user="plan b"]just seen ''look east'' with their bit about jim being sacked, they could not have found a more thicker representative of binners to do some sound bites, i normally cringe when they go out on the streets of norwich to ask for opinions but the ones they got in ipswich today makes the twins on the market place look like pulitzer prize winners.  [/quote]One of them was wearing an Arsenal away shirt!

[quote user="kdncfc"]With the backing he should get from Evans I can see him doing ok there, at least the scum have shown a bit of ambition and gone for a big name manager.[/quote]

Coz he never got any backing from niall Quinn at Sunderland! Oh wait....yes he did! He apparently spent 50million when they went up, and about 10 million when they were down. That''s why we can''t have a manager like that!!

[quote user="plan b"]just seen ''look east'' with their bit about jim being sacked, they could not have found a more thicker representative of binners to do some sound bites, i normally cringe when they go out on the streets of norwich to ask for opinions but the ones they got in ipswich today makes the twins on the market place look like pulitzer prize winners. 
[/quote]

Saw that too, and heard on SSN that they sacked Jim over the phone whilst he was at home looking after his very sick mother, how nice.  I didn''t like the bloke but IMO that''s a lousy way to tell someone they are sacked.

I dont think he spent loads in the first season.

He brought in players like Varga,stokes,john,Edwards,Connolly,yorke,kavanagh and miller....hardly cost the earth did they.

More ambition has been shown by them in 12 hours than us in 12yrs.

He WILL get them promoted. Who in the professional game wouldn''t want to learn/play under him?!?!

Well apart from alfie Inge haaland!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

He''s done feck all as a manager other than spend someone elses money in vast quantities on players that turned out to be nowhere near good enough for the job in hand.

Quite what having "done it" as a player has to do with his managerial qualities I don''t know.
As a player he acheived plenty it''s true, but so did Gunn. The fact Gunny was at a smaller club doesn''t tarnish his record. Gunny however was a true professional and gentleman as well as a formidable opponent. Oh well, 1 out of 3 isn''t bad Roy!

I can only assume you weren''t following City back then otherwise you''d know this.
Gunn is a much bigger man than Keane ever was or will be.
[/quote]

Leave off Gunn is not even City''s best ever keeper imo, you cant even compare their careers.

Although a good player as a manager I dont really think he has done much. Ok he done well to get Sunderland up from bottom when he tookover but the fact is they already had a good squad just a clueless manager in Niall Quinn and he then spends another 11 Million. Now even the likes of Rodent and Grant could get a team up with all that money spent. he then spends 45 Million in the first season and they narrowly avoid relegation and another 15 Million yet they are still close to the drop now. So he spent about 70 Million in two years and yet they have been fighting relegation while teams such as West Ham, Wigan and Everton spend no where near this much money yet have had a very good season and in Evertons case have been consistently finishing in the top 6.

I can already see what will happen here. Magilton has spent £12 Million already and I really cant see Evans giving that much money to Keane to Keane will just throw his toys out of the pram as he always does and after losing a few games he will just walk out straight away

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I dont think he spent loads in the first season.

He brought in players like Varga,stokes,john,Edwards,Connolly,yorke,kavanagh and miller....hardly cost the earth did they.

More ambition has been shown by them in 12 hours than us in 12yrs.

He WILL get them promoted. Who in the professional game wouldn''t want to learn/play under him?!?!

Well apart from alfie Inge haaland![/quote]Most of the Sunderland squad, judging by how poor they were in the Premiership leading up to his sacking.

[quote user="ricky knight"]If true i for one will be down the bookies to back the scum for promotion next season, Keane or Gunn to me the scum have it right.[/quote]

Nay, ricky - Keane will exhaust the ''mystery mans'' funds, get sacked half way through next season and Ipshat will more likely join us in Division Three the following term. And of course by then the new pride of East Anglia derby will be contested by Peterborough versus Milton Keynes. [:@][:$]

[quote user="king canary"]Dont rate him as am nager to be honest. The amount of money he spent at Sunderland was ridiculous and he walked away when the going got tough. Not the criteria of a ''born winner'' in my book.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Look at Keane''s record given his resources and get back to us.

Regardless of that though, of course I rate Gunny higher. I would argue a City fan would have to.

Or are you one of the makeweights in the Barclay who never sing a song but cheer when a Man Utd result is flashed up on the scoreboard?
[/quote]

Yes I''m a makeweight and I''ve never been to Carrow Road or even a football match in my life...ever. I actually only use my season ticket to scrape ice of my windscreen - and it''s been thrown away now that the weather''s turned nice....I hope my new 2009-10 season ticket is made of a more durable plastic....the 2008/9 season ticket was flimsy, and the laminates'' easily peeled and then cracked. 

I think you should be a sleuth......you''ve got me sussed.

PS - did you give Delia the clap at Poorman Rode?

Can someone explain to me the actual financial siuation of Ipswich Town? When Evans took over I was anticipating them spending tens of millions rapidly and being promoted by now ... they''ve hardly spent anything yet!

If Evans had enticed Keane by promising similar funds that became available at Sunderland then expect the 3-2 defeat to be the last East Anglian derby match in a long long while.

I wonder if the ''Not Keen on Keane'' gang - would be so ''Not Keane on Keen'' if he was appointed our manager, instead of ''Our Bryan''?

Whilst I am sure certain sections of their support will dancing a merry jig this appointments strikes me as not being very ‘Ipswich’ and smacks of all fur coat and no knickers. 

Inevitably it will have sections of our own support dancing a merry jig as well wishing that we too could have a major name as manager but there again they have something of season ticket issue to consider for next season and we sure as hell don’t.   

Frankly if our board reappointed Roeder with Grant as his number two we would still get eighteen thousand renewals so perhaps in this instance the enemy have voted with their feet and forced change upon their board? 

None the less I can’t help but think the locals will not take to him very well, he may well spend a huge amount and buy some short-term success but they like us do expect to have things done a certain way and I can not see Keane being that man beyond about eighteen months.  He won’t develop a team for the medium term and  will their better youngsters get a chance?  Can’t see it myself and by God they love a good moan down there, good luck Roy, you’ll need it! 

Still on matters closer to home when can we start to look forward to the next Carrow Road conclave?  The smoke bellows, Roger appears and Les Reid walks through the curtains as once again we show determination in following the Charlton model of failure

I wonder if the ''Not Keen on Keane'' gang - would be so ''Not Keane on Keen'' if he was appointed our manager, instead of ''Our Bryan''

[/quote]What exactly are you basing your apparent admiration of Keane''s managerial qualities on?The scum are no doubt paying a handsome salary to someone who, going on his past record, will spend a shedload of money and acheive nothing. That''s not ambition, it''s poor judgement.

PS - did you give Delia the clap at Poorman Rode?

[/quote]Nope, I gave it to your missus the other week. Hope you like it!

I wonder if the ''Not Keen on Keane'' gang - would be so ''Not Keane on Keen'' if he was appointed our manager, instead of ''Our Bryan''?

[/quote]You could look back at when we were looking for a new manager and people mentioned Keane. Didnt want him then, dont want him now.

No i wouldnt really want Keane , never have liked him but we do need a manager the appointment of Gunn was a bloody bad joke and its not funny anymore.

I wonder if the ''Not Keen on Keane'' gang - would be so ''Not Keane on Keen'' if he was appointed our manager, instead of ''Our Bryan''

[/quote]

What exactly are you basing your apparent admiration of Keane''s managerial qualities on?

The scum are no doubt paying a handsome salary to someone who, going on his past record, will spend a shedload of money and acheive nothing. That''s not ambition, it''s poor judgement.

[/quote]

I''d rather have him here than Gunny....Keane may be a martyr to the piswich....He could do a Roeder and fail....Who knows?

If he was appointed for us instead of Gunn, would you criticise the NCFC board for employing a thug, and who going on his past record will spend a shedload and achieve nothing. And also claim, "That''s not ambition, it''s poor judgement."

I bet you fuggin wouldn''t....[:|]