Sign in to follow this  
ca

Norwich, Forest or Barnsley for that 3rd from bottom spot

[quote user="astrodyne"]I still think it could be Barnsley.
[/quote]

Could well be right Astro, but they put up a hell of a fight tonight and were unlucky to come away with nothing, just shows though that games in hand aint so good as points in the table.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[quote user="astrodyne"]I still think it could be Barnsley.
[/quote]

Could well be right Astro, but they put up a hell of a fight tonight and were unlucky to come away with nothing, just shows though that games in hand aint so good as points in the table.

[/quote]

Think their last game in hand is away to Coventry on the 21st and I don''t fancy their chances there.

I still think their remaining fixtures are just as tough as ours if not tougher.

[quote user="ricardo"]I still think our goal difference will be vital in the final reckoning.[/quote]

I''ve got no fingernails left now and if it goes to the last game I''ll be a bag of nerves.

[quote user="astrodyne"]I still think it could be Barnsley.[/quote]Me too - or at least the probability is high compared to their odds (5-1). Worth a bet. The Tykes now have a tough programme with Watford (a); Swansea (h); Reading (a); Coventry (a) and Wolves (h). I still do not believe we will go down - provided we play some simple, direct football with Lee and Mooney up front - our odds (11-8) should prove attractive only to mugs and Ipswich fans.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="cityangel"]

Updated table, Barnsley''s games in hand are slipping away

20Barnsley40-1245
21Norwich41-943

22Nottm Forest41-1942
23Southampton41-1741
24Charlton40-2332

[/quote]

So the ball is in our court again, we just need to equal or better each Forest or Southampton result !

[/quote]

Where would Barnsley be now if that  pri** Rodent hadn''t loaned Cureton to them? below NCFC.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

Where would Barnsley be now if that  pri** Rodent hadn''t loaned Cureton to them? below NCFC.

[/quote]Quite - sure everyone (except Wiz) agrees Cureton is probably past it, but seem to recall him scoring a brilliant lob from the edge of the area, giving Barnsley a 1-0 win.Have to wonder what planet Roeder is on. Fair play, loan him out, but FFS why loan him to a relegation rival...?

[quote user="cityangel"]

This is how I predict the remaining fixtures for the 3 clubs that in my opnion will be scrapping to stay up.

Barnsley
Sheff Utd v Barnsley L
Watford v Barnsley, L
Barnsley v Swansea, W
Reading v Barnsley, L
Coventry v Barnsley, D
Barnsley v Wolverhampton, D
Plymouth v Barnsley, L         ---------- = 5 PTS = total of 50 pts

Forest
Nottm Forest v Bristol City, W
Sheff Utd v Nottm Forest, L
Nottm Forest v Coventry, W
Blackpool v Nottm Forest, L
Nottm Forest v Southampton, W -------- = 9 PTS = total of 51 pts

Norwich
Swansea v Norwich, L
Norwich v Watford, W
Ipswich v Norwich, D
Norwich v Reading, W
Charlton v Norwich, D ---------------- = 8PTS = total of 51 pts

I concede I''ve been generous to us against Reading but we do tend to play better against the teams at the top who everyone says will beat us.

How do predict the games for these 3 clubs ?(I''m assuming that Charlton and Saints go down)

[/quote]

I''d take that right now as long as Southampton and Charlton are below us as well!

Yes if you took away the goals he scored for them on the 26/12(win) and 28/12(draw) they might have 4 less points [:@]

If they''d have kept him, you could argue they might have less points, given his recent form in front of goal! He might have wasted as many chances for them as he, unfortunately, did for us.

[quote user="Grando"]If they''d have kept him, you could argue they might have less points, given his recent form in front of goal! He might have wasted as many chances for them as he, unfortunately, did for us.[/quote]Well possibly, but that''s a bit of a "what if" scenario - there''s no guarantee that would actually have happened, whereas you cannot deny that he definitely scored those crucial goals.

[quote user="ricardo"]I still think our goal difference will be vital in the final reckoning.[/quote]Totally agree.

Losing to Wednesday has left us on course for 48 pts instead of the 51 I predicted. Fortunately I have Barnsley finishing on 46 and Forest 45. Blackpool scrape home like us on 48. Southampton 50 (not counting on that ten pt reduction) and Plymouth 51. Whatever way I look at it is going to be a very nerve wracking last day but we''ll get a point. Plymouth will condemn Barnsley and Southampton will condemn Forest (who will be left to rage against the injustice of the 10 point deduction no show). Well at least that helps me sleep ok, for now.

[quote user="book end"]Losing to Wednesday has left us on course for 48 pts instead of the 51 I predicted. Fortunately I have Barnsley finishing on 46 and Forest 45. Blackpool scrape home like us on 48. Southampton 50 (not counting on that ten pt reduction) and Plymouth 51. Whatever way I look at it is going to be a very nerve wracking last day but we''ll get a point. Plymouth will condemn Barnsley and Southampton will condemn Forest (who will be left to rage against the injustice of the 10 point deduction no show). Well at least that helps me sleep ok, for now.[/quote]

Interestingly by the time Reading come to CR they probably won''t have anything to play for so it might not be as hard as some posters think. Might be time for Mr Lee to put the fear of god and being injured for the play-offs into their minds.

These were my predictions

Barnsley
Sheff Utd v Barnsley L  -- 2-1 - correct
Watford v Barnsley, L  -- 1-1 - incorrect +1pt
Barnsley v Swansea, W
Reading v Barnsley, L
Coventry v Barnsley, D
Plymouth v Barnsley, L         ---------- = 5 PTS = total of 50 pts -- so thats 6 pts = 51 pts

Forest
Nottm Forest v Bristol City, W -- 3-2 - correct
Sheff Utd v Nottm Forest, L
Nottm Forest v Southampton, W -------- = 9 PTS = total of 51 pts

Norwich
Swansea v Norwich, L -- 2-1 - correct
Norwich v Watford, W
Ipswich v Norwich, D
Norwich v Reading, W
Charlton v Norwich, D ---------------- = 8PTS = total of 51 pts

So if I''ve got the rest right, we all finish on 51 pts so there''s still hope isnt there? ( I''m trying to cheer myself up)

You keep right on cheering yourself up angel. We only have 48 hours to wait until Monday''s game and, if we get the win and a couple of other results go our way then we could have two teams keeping us out of the relegation zone. Optimism will then rise again.

If we don''t win on Monday we''re fecked. And if we do we probably still will be.

[quote user="ricardo"]

I doubt we will get 50 points.

Having said that I don''t think Barnsley or Forest will get 50 points either.

I see 49 points being safe, maybe even 48.

[/quote]

Are you growing senile, Ricardo? I know it''s a topsy-turvy Division to say the least, but do you seriously see Forest & Barnsley finishing on 48/49pts? Forests final three fixtures will see them garnering 7pts at least, and though Barnsley have the more difficult run in, they''re surely going to tally more than 2/3pts from their remaining five games.The fourth from bottom side at the finish of the season will be on 51pts, and I''ll stick my neck out and say that side will be Barnsley with Forest a place above them.We''re down ol'' timer.

Having gone through the fixtures, that''s what I came up with - Forest on 52 points, Barnsley on 51 and us on 50. Ouch! But I guess we should all know by now that predicting the outcomes of matches in this division is a waste of time...

I think you''re almost spot on - other than us getting a draw at Ipswich which we won''t. But if the results do pan out as you suggest we will go to Charlton having to win to guarantee survival (because of our superior GD) and I would take that now.

An update

19Plymouth43-950
20Norwich43-846
21Barnsley42-1446

22Nottm Forest43-1846
23Southampton43-1944
24Charlton42-2334

Games left for Barnsley and Forest and my predictions for the last 3 games

Barnsley

Reading v Barnsley, L
Coventry v Barnsley, D
Plymouth v Barnsley, L         ------------------------  48 pts

Forest

Nottm Forest v Southampton, W --------------52 pts

Norwich

Ipswich v Norwich, D
Norwich v Reading, W
Charlton v Norwich, D ------------------- 51pts

Whats your thoughts??

BarnsleyReading v Barnsley, LCoventry v Barnsley, WBarnsley v Wolverhampton, LPlymouth v Barnsley, D         ------------------------ 50 ptsForestNottm Forest v Coventry, WBlackpool v Nottm Forest, DNottm Forest v Southampton, D --------------51 ptsNorwichIpswich v Norwich, DNorwich v Reading, LCharlton v Norwich, W -------------------50 pts

I wouldnt count Southampton out just yet, they have Forest on the final day, and I fancy that match will decide one of those 2 to go down, and then its us and Barnsley for the other spot.

Barnsley have the advantage with an extra game in hand.

the form barnsley has had over the last few games has been pretty bad , they had a few points on us and three games in hand , looking at thier last fixtures i really cant see they getting many points at all ,

i think they will take third from bottom spot , and a battle between forrest and southampton for 2nd from bottom .on last game of season ,

i fancy our chances to get something at ipswich next week , ipswich cant make the play offs ... ( good ) , i think if we show fighting spirit like we did today i can see an away win .

The pressure is getting to Forest after Kevin Wilson got sent off at Sheff Utd for headbutting an opponent and three others got booked.

[quote user="ncfc1992bex"]

i am norwich though though but if we play like we did on saturday then we will go down and if goes 2 last game of season which it probs will then no chance after what happened in the fulham game. this is how is see it

V swansea L

V watford W

V ipswich W (i hope)

V reading D

V charlton L

so we on 50 hopefully be enough points

[/quote] Spot on so far :)