Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Hello Yankee my friend, unlike you I am no good at picking six succesful picks at a time, but I do get the occasional single selection right and I think this week I have a good one in our own Championship league :-

Swansea to beat Crystal Palace.

The Swans are a very good home team whilst Palace are not doing so well away from their dump of a home ground. Additionaly Palace had a gruelling game at Burnley last night and must be exhausted,dead miffed and demorralised at being done 4-2 after throwing away a two goal lead.

Good luck Yankee

It''s Blue Square South division for me this week and AFC Wimbledon v Dorchester. Home win.

Good luck Yankee.

Afternoon, this week I am staying in the Blue Square Premier for my pick and fancy Oxford United to beat Grays Athletic. Whilst Oxford are 9 points shy of the play-offs it is still all to play for, Oxford have a good record at the Kassam having W13 D3 L3 and have scored 34 goals whilst conceeding only 16, Grays currently reside 22nd in the league, they have a slightly better away record than basement side Lewes but only just having W2 D4 L11, it is also worth noting they have only scored 9 times on their travels whilst conceeding 23.

Oxford United v Grays Athletic - Home Win

Good luck Yankee.

Not sure my ''Holiday picks'' of Plymouth''s opponents worked out too well. But I shall stick with it this week and go for a Norwich City win.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Not sure my ''Holiday picks'' of Plymouth''s opponents worked out too well. But I shall stick with it this week and go for a Norwich City win.[/quote]signed up for petition...good luck to all[Y]

A couple of things:

• I''ll be away for most of the day tomorrow ( Friday ) and, therefore, will plan on making the selections tonight so if you wish for your selection to be in the mix please submit it prior to midnight tonight ( your time ). Thanks.
  • Trent Canary,while I agree with the probable outcome of the prediction in the Scottish Highland league, I cannot find betting odds for those games on the sites I''m looking at. If you ( or Nutty ) are reading this would you please confirm that there are odds available for those games or, preferably, direct to me those betting sites. Thanks. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

A couple of things:

• I''ll be away for most of the day tomorrow ( Friday ) and, therefore, will plan on making the selections tonight so if you wish for your selection to be in the mix please submit it prior to midnight tonight ( your time ). Thanks.

• Trent Canary,while I agree with the probable outcome of the prediction in the Scottish Highland league, I cannot find betting odds for those games on the sites I''m looking at. If you ( or Nutty ) are reading this would you please confirm that there are odds available for those games or, preferably, direct to me those betting sites. Thanks. 

[/quote]

Took me a few minutes Yankee but Trent''s game can be found here :-

http://guardian.oddschecker.com/football/non-league/scottish-non-league/best-odds click "matches"

Damn these guardian readers, I knew I should stick with the Cromer Crab Line[:O]

Sometimes I think these games are priced up by other bookies closer to match day. If this is selected I will go to Billy Dixon armed with the price of 1/25. One of both mine and Ray''s worst nightmares was that we would have to go to Billy with a match that wasn''t priced anywhere, thankfully that hasn''t happened YET [;)]

Conference for me this week. Leaders Burton Albion (unbeaten at home) host Salisbury (just above the drop zone) Looks fairly safe to me. So......

Burton Albion v Salisbury......Home win.

Is it going to be a hat-trick Yankee?

Of course it is. [Y][*]

After last weeks disaster with Partick I''m going to League One this week:

LEEDS v Swindon...............HOME WIN

Good Luck Yankee and all the PUPS[:D]

Ah, my good friend Yankee. Very best of luck this week, old boy. And don''t worry, I have your address tucked away safe until May when the Trophy will be dispatched to you as last year''s PUP of the year.

Anyway, another lovely Welsh Premier humdinger for you this week -

Caernarfon v LLANELLI - AWAY WIN

Best wishes Clyde,

Leeds Canary (Young Gun)

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Conference for me this week. Leaders Burton Albion (unbeaten at home) host Salisbury (just above the drop zone) Looks fairly safe to me. So......

Of course it is. [Y][*]

[/quote]

Not Harleston Cherry Tree this week ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Of course it is. [Y][*]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now Harleston Cherry Tree was probably the selection of all time. Whoever that poster was he called the result and score totally correct. But don''t you two start getting ideas because there''s NO WAY I could talk Billy through that one. I''m already having nightmares about the Scottish Highland League just imagine following that up with Harleston Cherry Tree[:S]

Mine this week is in Greece where AEK Athens, whose only 2 defeats all season have been against Olympiakos, are at home to second bottom Ofi Crete. Should be nailed on.

Aek Athens    v    Ofi Crete    Home Win

Good luck Yankee[Y]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Going for the Conference again this week and Cambridge to beat Norwich.[/quote]Or Northwich, even... but give it a few years eh?

There''s not an awful lot that I fancy this week and I''m feeling the pressure of being on such a decent run of form [:D].I''m going to go for - Manchester United vs Liverpool - HOME WIN.Not convinced to be honest but I get the feeling that United will fancy ending Liverpool''s title challenge. 3-1. Possibly.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Of course it is. [Y][*]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now Harleston Cherry Tree was probably the selection of all time. Whoever that poster was he called the result and score totally correct. But don''t you two start getting ideas because there''s NO WAY I could talk Billy through that one. I''m already having nightmares about the Scottish Highland League just imagine following that up with Harleston Cherry Tree[:S]

Mine this week is in Greece where AEK Athens, whose only 2 defeats all season have been against Olympiakos, are at home to second bottom Ofi Crete. Should be nailed on.

Aek Athens    v    Ofi Crete    Home Win

Good luck Yankee[Y]

[/quote]Beat me to it nutty. AEK to win. They''re on a bit of a run of good form. They''ve only dropped points on 3 of the last 11 matches and those were against some tough teams.

When I first looked at the schedule for this week in England & Scotland I was not convinced that there were fixtures that looked convincing winners on paper. We all know the inconsistencies in the lower divisions. Even the top clubs in the Championship have been dropping points/games. I was concerned that enough posters would not look beyond those divisions, causing me to possibly choose matches that other Pink ''Un posters had not, which I really did not want to do. I need not have been concerned, so thanks everyone for looking at the broader picture. 

We do not criticise each others selections on this thread, however, I have to make a comment on the selection by Trent Canary. I apologise Trent because I agree that your selection of Huntly looks like the most nailed on cert in all matches this weekend. I have two reasons for not selecting it. The lie is that Huntly is north of Aberdeen and, looking at the weather report, there could be ice up there this weekend. The truth is that, even if successful with selections I''ve chosen, I am asking Nutty to go along to the betting office to pick up a grand total of about ten pounds. If I had chosen Huntly I''d be asking Nutty to make sure he counts the coins he''s picking up. I could not subject him to that. 

My nap for this week is Besiktas to beat Genclerbirligi.

The selections this week are:

Lllanelli AFC to beat Caernarfon Town

Cambridge United to beat Northwich Victoria

Ajax Amsterdam to beat De Graafschap

Olympiakos to beat Iraklis

Besiktas to beat Genclerbirligi

Sporting Lisbon to beat Rio Ave

Great picks Yankee[Y]

You''re looking good for the hat-trick we just need that bit of luck that''s deserted us the last few months. I just ran these through Blue Square and the bet would pay £29.72 so let''s see what Billy can do with it for tomorrow.

Even though Yankee has done the final selections it''s not too late to put your naps in for our league so keep them coming PUPs.

I''d like to take this opportunity to remind you all of Arrdee''s Rota that he had prepared for the rest of this season. If anyone can''t make their turn please let me know ASAP and then I can slot in a replacement.

Mar 21st

Delia’s Devon

Mar 28th

Inch High

Apr 4th

Mister Chops

Apr 11th

Blahblahblah

Apr 18th

Norfolkchance1

Apr 25th

Obiwancanary

May 2nd

Beaker

May 9th

Fellas

I have had lots of requests already from PUPs who would like to make the final selections next season. Now we musn''t count our chickens because I still have to confirm with Billy that we can keep the Free Bet. If Billy let''s us carry on then I will make every effort to fit you all in at least once. There''s 40 Free Bet Saturdays in the season and 45/50 pickers each week now so it''s going to be a job.

Ray will be so proud looking down on how popular the Free Bet still is.