Sign in to follow this  
balesncfc09

Please tell us why Peter Cullums bid was rejected

[quote user="smann"]I get my sources/info from the internet and then make up my own mind from the views that are given.In general I start with:http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/Norwich+CityIt''s a news portal that gathers all published info relevant to Norwich, from the media and internet. It provides links to sites to read up various published stories.Using newsnow I came across:http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/Which I believe gives intelligent comment and views and largely where I came across what was going on in the Cullum takeover saga, that never was..I was hoping to find various stories in their archived reports to give better and more precise detail as to what was happening but I couldn''t find them so I went from memory.Check it out ?[/quote]

Mate my football writer is about as one sided a set of views as you will find - very much peddling the "club line" as Waghorn gets a lot of his info direct from Doncaster and Mick Dennis is one of Delia''s big pals.For what its worth I don''t think Delia is evil or has deliberately tried to take us to where we are now but i do believe that (whether intentionally or out of some misguided notion that she has been doing right for the club) she has not been as receptive to incoming investment as she could have been. As someone put in another thread its just a shame that the EDP/EN does not ask a few more searching questions. They could start by interviewing Barry Skipper and asking him about why he came to leave the board so suddenly!You may be right about the recession meaning there is no-one out there now but that was not the case 18-24 months ago!As for the football its been a catalogue of errors from start to finish and they have been listed on here many times. Appointing a man who has NEVER coached or managed any football team at any level (to the best of my knowledge) was always going to be a disaster and frankly that, coupled with the pathetic loan policy means we deserve everything we get.

[quote user="smann"]I wish I had the related article to hand but the board haven''t kept the Cullum bid saga altogether secret. Although I understand to some City supporters that a multi millionaire on ''board'' would have helped our plight, I believe they are mis-informed.

From memory he claimed, through the newspapers, not in a formal business proposition, that he''d like to invest £20/£25 million into then manager, GR''s transfer kitty.
For his investment he wanted control of the club and intended on appointing 2 of his staff on the board to run things. Apparently there had been a meeting between the board and Cullum but there wasn''t any progress because of the following reason.

It was simply unacceptable to the board because the current legal standpoint clearly states that anyone wishing to take control of the club has to make an offer to a majority of shareholders for their stake in the club. Cullum wouldn''t budge from his offer to invest in players and want control without paying shareholders a penny. Quite simply it''s unconstitutional for the club to be sold in this way.

In my opinion, he was also asking Delia to walk away from the millions (4/5 ?) she has currently invested, without any financial offer for her time or investment. He made a token gesture of keeping Delia on in some capacity but for someone who, at the time, was reported to be worth 1.7 billion, I believe his offer was cheap and demeaning to the club as well as an attempt to de-stabilise opinion of Delia and the board when we were vulnerable. All from someone who claims to be a Norwich supporter.

An offer of £35+ million to purchase shares, pay Delia back a little and present his honest intentions to progress the club may have secured control for him. But he chose to use the media with big headlines to unsettle the board in the hope of gaining support from the fans and make the boards life uncomfortable. In some part, to those gullible and mis-informed, he has done.

However, since the revalation of a World recession and credit crunch blah blah, it turns out that Cullum aint that well off. He has not been imune from losing out in major investments as the banks and the economy in general has crashed. I can''t pretend to know how much he is worth but after his dis-tasteful attempt of turning the club upside down, I doubt that even if he had taken control that he would now be investing in players. It don''t make business sense ?

Putting us into administration, losing 10 points getting relegated and losing the debt does !

Thats not something I enjoy considering to put it lightly.. but I feel very angry at those supporters who critisise the board, Delia in particular, when it is so obvious they are doing their upmost for the club. They have made mistakes, for me it started with appointing Grant but I was taken in as he talks a good game and I could see why he was chosen. However, the quality of players he brought to the club was questionable. As a result, when Roeder was brought in although he was able to raise the quality of players, albeit using loans for the majority of them, it just papered over the cracks. He then made mistakes in letting the likes of Huckerby go, and presumed the players he started the season with would hopefully challenge for a play off spot. He''d offloaded 12+ players and I worried that the team still needs to gel. Although to some extent you could argue the quality of the squad had improved, I didn''t believe it meant the team would automatically progress. Is the current squad that much better than others in the Championship ? Our league position says not.

Supporters should have recognised when Gunn was appointed that relegation is a realistic possibility. I''m not critisising the appointment of Gunn & Co, far from it. I am a realist and saw the huge task he faces. I like the appointment and the staff he brought in as he and the board made the recognition that our most succesful periods came from hiring those within or with strong links to the club. Appointing Crook and Butterworth as Coaches also lines them up as future possible Managers and inkeeping with the philosophy of hiring managers within attempting to recreate previous success. It''s because they love and they know the club, Norfolk and the poeple that they will ensure they will do nothing but the best they can do to improve things.

What they need is the unconditional support from us fans... no critisism''s, no infighting, no looking to place the blame on players, the management or the board. Yes it hurts to see how the team are playing and our league position becoming precarious. But one things for sure, if as fans, we lose our nerve and turn on individual players for mistakes they make because of our own anxiety of relegation, it will and it does transmit to the team and become a self fulfilling prophecy. Moan all you like down the pub at work and kick the cat across the living room if you so feel like it..

But when it comes to being on the terraces, voice your opinion in the most passionate way possible in supporting this great club of ours... otherwise your not fit to wear the shirt.

Forever Yella..
[/quote]

One of the best posts i have ever read on this forum. Thank you Smann. I agree on every word.

And before you all kick off - its not being  board apologist - its being a realist.

My biggest concern in all this is the devisions this will cause in the stands on match days - its happening already. You are not going to get 25000 people chanting Delia Out - you will be lucky to get 250 people and they will get shouted down. You will just have to wait for your night in shining arour for a few years i fear.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="komakino"]I still cannot believe that some fans STILL support Delia. When we you lot ever learn? The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich, which Sheepshanks told her to clear off. The woman has only self-interest at heart and not loyalty to Norwich City or anyone else but herself.

The money she has put in was always as a loan and she thought she would get it back at some point in the future. She has now screwed herself and the club by her appalling sense of ''business'' and she and the club will face the consequences.

Chase got out of control, but he was an angel compared to Delia. The two eras are so far apart it''s almost like it was two different clubs.

To all you Delia lovers out there, you have got what you deserve - relegation.[/quote]That''s quite an appalling list of accusations. Do you have evidence for the statement in bold? I''d be genuinely interested to know.[/quote]I''m still waiting  ........  Does anybody else know anything about this?Or is it one of those vague rumours that has mutated into "fact"??

[quote user="komakino"]I still cannot believe that some fans STILL support Delia. When we you lot ever learn? The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich, which Sheepshanks told her to clear off. The woman has only self-interest at heart and not loyalty to Norwich City or anyone else but herself. The money she has put in was always as a loan and she thought she would get it back at some point in the future. She has now screwed herself and the club by her appalling sense of ''business'' and she and the club will face the consequences. Chase got out of control, but he was an angel compared to Delia. The two eras are so far apart it''s almost like it was two different clubs. To all you Delia lovers out there, you have got what you deserve - relegation.[/quote]

mate, great post, it''s truly unbelievable isn''t it, how much of a mug is it possible for some supporters to be? Yeah thanks very much Delia & NCFC Board, thanks for everything, thanks for relying on somoene else to pay for Darren Huckerby, thanks for total under investment in the squad for our season in the Prem, thanks for not using the parachute payments to try and get us back into the Prem, thanks for turning away potential investors, thanks for selling our best players at every opportunity and replacing them with loans or medicore rubbish, thanks for the embarassing tv broadcasted rant at half time. "Let''s Be Avin You"? Have you looked at the attendances for other clubs in this league? You''ve been "avin us" season after season and look what our reward has been! Thanks for the ego trip, for the total miss-management of a great football club, reducing us to the laughing stock we are today, with your "little Norwich" mentality and "Prudence with Ambition" policy. Well we really will be little Norwich next season, little Norwich playing in the 3rd division with no ambition and no chance of getting back up again. 

[quote user="NorwichRat"]

[quote user="smann"]I wish I had the related article to hand but the board haven''t kept the Cullum bid saga altogether secret. Although I understand to some City supporters that a multi millionaire on ''board'' would have helped our plight, I believe they are mis-informed.From memory he claimed, through the newspapers, not in a formal business proposition, that he''d like to invest £20/£25 million into then manager, GR''s transfer kitty. For his investment he wanted control of the club and intended on appointing 2 of his staff on the board to run things. Apparently there had been a meeting between the board and Cullum but there wasn''t any progress because of the following reason.It was simply unacceptable to the board because the current legal standpoint clearly states that anyone wishing to take control of the club has to make an offer to a majority of shareholders for their stake in the club. Cullum wouldn''t budge from his offer to invest in players and want control without paying shareholders a penny. Quite simply it''s unconstitutional for the club to be sold in this way.In my opinion, he was also asking Delia to walk away from the millions (4/5 ?) she has currently invested, without any financial offer for her time or investment. He made a token gesture of keeping Delia on in some capacity but for someone who, at the time, was reported to be worth 1.7 billion, I believe his offer was cheap and demeaning to the club as well as an attempt to de-stabilise opinion of Delia and the board when we were vulnerable. All from someone who claims to be a Norwich supporter.An offer of £35+ million to purchase shares, pay Delia back a little and present his honest intentions to progress the club may have secured control for him. But he chose to use the media with big headlines to unsettle the board in the hope of gaining support from the fans and make the boards life uncomfortable. In some part, to those gullible and mis-informed, he has done.However, since the revalation of a World recession and credit crunch blah blah, it turns out that Cullum aint that well off. He has not been imune from losing out in major investments as the banks and the economy in general has crashed. I can''t pretend to know how much he is worth but after his dis-tasteful attempt of turning the club upside down, I doubt that even if he had taken control that he would now be investing in players. It don''t make business sense ?Putting us into administration, losing 10 points getting relegated and losing the debt does !Thats not something I enjoy considering to put it lightly.. but I feel very angry at those supporters who critisise the board, Delia in particular, when it is so obvious they are doing their upmost for the club. They have made mistakes, for me it started with appointing Grant but I was taken in as he talks a good game and I could see why he was chosen. However, the quality of players he brought to the club was questionable. As a result, when Roeder was brought in although he was able to raise the quality of players, albeit using loans for the majority of them, it just papered over the cracks. He then made mistakes in letting the likes of Huckerby go, and presumed the players he started the season with would hopefully challenge for a play off spot. He''d offloaded 12+ players and I worried that the team still needs to gel. Although to some extent you could argue the quality of the squad had improved, I didn''t believe it meant the team would automatically progress. Is the current squad that much better than others in the Championship ? Our league position says not. Supporters should have recognised when Gunn was appointed that relegation is a realistic possibility. I''m not critisising the appointment of Gunn & Co, far from it. I am a realist and saw the huge task he faces. I like the appointment and the staff he brought in as he and the board made the recognition that our most succesful periods came from hiring those within or with strong links to the club. Appointing Crook and Butterworth as Coaches also lines them up as future possible Managers and inkeeping with the philosophy of hiring managers within attempting to recreate previous success. It''s because they love and they know the club, Norfolk and the poeple that they will ensure they will do nothing but the best they can do to improve things.What they need is the unconditional support from us fans... no critisism''s, no infighting, no looking to place the blame on players, the management or the board. Yes it hurts to see how the team are playing and our league position becoming precarious. But one things for sure, if as fans, we lose our nerve and turn on individual players for mistakes they make because of our own anxiety of relegation, it will and it does transmit to the team and become a self fulfilling prophecy. Moan all you like down the pub at work and kick the cat across the living room if you so feel like it..But when it comes to being on the terraces, voice your opinion in the most passionate way possible in supporting this great club of ours... otherwise your not fit to wear the shirt.Forever Yella..[/quote]

One of the best posts i have ever read on this forum. Thank you Smann. I agree on every word.

And before you all kick off - its not being  board apologist - its being a realist.

My biggest concern in all this is the devisions this will cause in the stands on match days - its happening already. You are not going to get 25000 people chanting Delia Out - you will be lucky to get 250 people and they will get shouted down. You will just have to wait for your night in shining arour for a few years i fear.

[/quote]well i know if i had a cash rich billionaire interested last july - while i still had potential buyers on the board with their feet under the table - and after narrowly escaping relegation the previous season,,,i''d have got out of the club pretty damn quick - thanking my lucky stars and leaving the two suitors to fight it out,,,now that would have been selling at the top...but events have moved on seismically since then,,,and with no buyers in the market - and on the verge of relegation - i''m instead left holding the baby and it looks like my exit now would be at a low point...buy low - sell low,,,no that wasn''t in the script - but maybe its yet another example of this rank board failing to take an advantage of an obvious opportunity - in which all the parties concerned would have been happy...including the supporters,,,so instead of a fresh start and harmony at ncfc - we now have fracture and discord with abject failure in spades...how realistic is that for you???

[quote user="smann"]Percy RE: Oh dear, Waghorn and Friends (notably M Dennis Esq).  Mr Waghorn has a reputation (well deserved in my view) for being an unofficial mouthpiece for the board.  Whether they actually pay him for it I know not, but if you rely on him for your information you will be getting an extremely biased and sycophantic point of view.

C''mon lads, the accusations for anyone not sharing your point of view is always deemed dubious and goes beyond that of an extremist conspiracy theorist. The fact remains, that Cullum''s bid didn''t materialise in the business sense. I made an effort to find the relevant piece. So here goes..

Given that Cullum has a reported personal wealth of £1.7 billion
(30th June 08).

Is there anyone of us, so called Delia lovers or haters who in Cullums position would have decided not to spend £56 million, when you have £1.7 billion in the bank ?

[/quote]

That simply is not true and I''m pretty sure Waghorn knows it.  Peter Cullum''s business (Towergate) was at one time valued at £1.7bn.

Once you discount that blatant distortion of the fact (that''s a lie to you and me) Waghorn''s whole argument collapses like a pack of cards.

• Like 1

Does not sound like he is short of a personal lump sum in the bank though, regardless of his usiness position right now....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/2787541/Peter-Cullum-joins-rush-to-beat-CGT-deadline.html

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="smann"]Percy RE: Oh dear, Waghorn and Friends (notably M Dennis Esq).  Mr Waghorn has a reputation (well deserved in my view) for being an unofficial mouthpiece for the board.  Whether they actually pay him for it I know not, but if you rely on him for your information you will be getting an extremely biased and sycophantic point of view.C''mon lads, the accusations for anyone not sharing your point of view is always deemed dubious and goes beyond that of an extremist conspiracy theorist. The fact remains, that Cullum''s bid didn''t materialise in the business sense. I made an effort to find the relevant piece. So here goes..Given that Cullum has a reported personal wealth of £1.7 billion (30th June 08). Is there anyone of us, so called Delia lovers or haters who in Cullums position would have decided not to spend £56 million, when you have £1.7 billion in the bank ?[/quote]

That simply is not true and I''m pretty sure Waghorn knows it.  Peter Cullum''s business (Towergate) was at one time valued at £1.7bn.

Once you discount that blatant distortion of the fact (that''s a lie to you and me) Waghorn''s whole argument collapses like a pack of cards.

[/quote]

Consider the basic fact that Cullum is an expert at takeovers.  Now with all due respect you are a fan who pins down a day job somewhere, demonstrating that you dont have the skill he has.The way I read it, Cullum could see that the club was in trouble and made it public he was interested, to sound out the board and the fanbase - but with no real intention of buying at that point.  Same as if you went to buy a car now, would you just walk in, ask how much and hand over the cash like a fool, or would you offer low, then walk away and wait?  I know what I would do in those circumstances - when the other party can only have a weakening position for the forseeable future.Imagine you are a ruthless investor, do you pay a high price and take on a club in freefall?  Or do you wait for the inevitable drop to league one, then make a low offer, that a hated and desperate board can no longer refuse.  Then you throw in half the money it would have required to get a safe championship position, then sit back and take the applause for saving the club and getting us out of league one.There is caring, and there is waiting for your prey to collapse in a weakened state before you strike.Does not take that much brainpower to work out really?[quote user="Two Tails"]Peter Cullum is our saviour, dont make me laugh, if he TRULY cared about the club, he would have paid the asking price knowing that its a fair price. The current board are only going to sell if they can gaurantee the clubs long term financial safety, otherwise we could end up with a Peter Risdale or someone like that.[/quote]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="smann"]Percy RE: Oh dear, Waghorn and Friends (notably M Dennis Esq).  Mr Waghorn has a reputation (well deserved in my view) for being an unofficial mouthpiece for the board.  Whether they actually pay him for it I know not, but if you rely on him for your information you will be getting an extremely biased and sycophantic point of view.C''mon lads, the accusations for anyone not sharing your point of view is always deemed dubious and goes beyond that of an extremist conspiracy theorist. The fact remains, that Cullum''s bid didn''t materialise in the business sense. I made an effort to find the relevant piece. So here goes..The first hurdle comes courtesy of City Code Rule 9 - that if Cullum were to take control of Delia Smith''s 61.2% majority shareholding in the club, he would have to buy the club outright. Make every single shareholder an offer. Either that or limit his shareholding to a minority stake of 29.9% - a fraction below the 30% tip point and as would-be Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung has discovered, a recipe for a bitter stalemate. On the current share issue price of £30 per share, making an offer for 100% of the issued share capital would cost Cullum £16 million.More intriguingly, the club also revealed that the club''s long-term securitisation deal would also have to be repaid upon a change of ownership - adding another £16 million to the cost of "doing something that I''ve always wanted to do". With the repayment of directors loans adding another £4 million, Cullum was handed a £56 million ''bill'' if he wished to take his interest any further.What is interesting for those with a calculator to hand is working out what Delia and Wynn Jones would be looking to recoup were the sale to proceed on a full buy-out basis at £30 per share. With 61% of the shares to their name, that amounts to just under £10 million of the proposed £16 million cost - which, by most accounts, simply equates to the money that the pair have put into the club over the last 12 years.Given that Cullum has a reported personal wealth of £1.7 billion and liquified another £60 million odd of that as recently as April with the release of a trnche of shares in Towergate to an American hedge fund, the one-time Norwich City schoolboy footballer could slap £56 million on the table tomorrow which - given the level of his financial resources - would leave Delia and Co in a basically untenable position.Since setting up Towergate in 1997 with just two insurance colleagues for company, the Canaries'' 57-year-old suitor has overseen the buy-outs of over 130 companies. According to a profile of ''The King Of Deals'' in March''s edition of BusinessXL, "14 were purchased in the past 12 months alone... "The biggest buy-out to date was that of the insurance software house OpenGI - a £275 million investment that, in certain senses, makes a potential purchase of Norwich City very small beer.(30th June 08). Is there anyone of us, so called Delia lovers or haters who in Cullums position would have decided not to spend £56 million, when you have £1.7 billion in the bank ?Although his business may now have taken a bashing I think he''ll still have well over a billion and where is the great white knight !!Maybe waiting for us to get relegated, pick up the club at a knock down price, minus the debts if we go through administration and ride on the back of those who support his dis-tasteful attempt to own our club, while making the most of dis-gruntled fans frustrations with the board. There''s good reason how and why he has made the money he has, in the world of business buy low and sell high, its all in the timing ? [/quote]

Your last paragraph is pretty much exactly what Delia did.  Have a think about it.

[/quote]Correct me if Im wrong but I was under the impression she bought the club and paid £2 million of the clubs debts ?Cheap it may have been but it depends on whether you view Delia as coming in to benefit herself financially, (how ?)Or her genuine willingness to improve the club ?She was already a successful business woman in her own right, there was no need to became the majority shareholder of a debt ridden football club, with little or no guarantee that financially it would change. Such is the commitment of football club owners.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="komakino"]I still cannot believe that some fans STILL support Delia. When we you lot ever learn? The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich, which Sheepshanks told her to clear off. The woman has only self-interest at heart and not loyalty to Norwich City or anyone else but herself.

The money she has put in was always as a loan and she thought she would get it back at some point in the future. She has now screwed herself and the club by her appalling sense of ''business'' and she and the club will face the consequences.

Chase got out of control, but he was an angel compared to Delia. The two eras are so far apart it''s almost like it was two different clubs.

To all you Delia lovers out there, you have got what you deserve - relegation.[/quote]That''s quite an appalling list of accusations. Do you have evidence for the statement in bold? I''d be genuinely interested to know.[/quote]I''m still waiting  ........  Does anybody else know anything about this?Or is it one of those vague rumours that has mutated into "fact"??

[/quote]

Due to a lack of response, I''m writing this off as (yet another) steaming pile of bovine excrement.

[:|][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="komakino"]I still cannot believe that some fans STILL support Delia. When we you lot ever learn? The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich, which Sheepshanks told her to clear off. The woman has only self-interest at heart and not loyalty to Norwich City or anyone else but herself. The money she has put in was always as a loan and she thought she would get it back at some point in the future. She has now screwed herself and the club by her appalling sense of ''business'' and she and the club will face the consequences. Chase got out of control, but he was an angel compared to Delia. The two eras are so far apart it''s almost like it was two different clubs. To all you Delia lovers out there, you have got what you deserve - relegation.[/quote]

That''s quite an appalling list of accusations. Do you have evidence for the statement in bold? I''d be genuinely interested to know.

[/quote]

I''m still waiting  ........  Does anybody else know anything about this?

Or is it one of those vague rumours that has mutated into "fact"??

[/quote]

Due to a lack of response, I''m writing this off as (yet another) steaming pile of bovine excrement.

[/quote]

Not that it will matter but when this allegation first surfaced on this board (quite a while back I think) we put this allegation directly to David Sheepshanks who denied it completely.  He said: "I''ve met Delia a couple of times socially but she has never offered to invest money into Ipswich Town. I remember the very few people who want to invest money here and she hasn''t been one of them."

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[:|][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="komakino"]I still cannot believe that some fans STILL support Delia. When we you lot ever learn? The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich, which Sheepshanks told her to clear off. The woman has only self-interest at heart and not loyalty to Norwich City or anyone else but herself. The money she has put in was always as a loan and she thought she would get it back at some point in the future. She has now screwed herself and the club by her appalling sense of ''business'' and she and the club will face the consequences. Chase got out of control, but he was an angel compared to Delia. The two eras are so far apart it''s almost like it was two different clubs. To all you Delia lovers out there, you have got what you deserve - relegation.[/quote]

That''s quite an appalling list of accusations. Do you have evidence for the statement in bold? I''d be genuinely interested to know.

[/quote]

I''m still waiting  ........  Does anybody else know anything about this?

Or is it one of those vague rumours that has mutated into "fact"??

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not that it will matter but when this allegation first surfaced on this board (quite a while back I think) we put this allegation directly to David Sheepshanks who denied it completely.  He said: "I''ve met Delia a couple of times socially but she has never offered to invest money into Ipswich Town. I remember the very few people who want to invest money here and she hasn''t been one of them."

[/quote]

PS: Possible story though it was, it in no way compares with "Shoela is in the building"

Bloke on honeymoon thousands of miles away tells new bride: "Sorry, gal, gotta go. Love you and leave you.  Glenn''s just rung me."

I know we old folk tend to wee ourselves a bit but that could have been fatal.................

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="smann"]Percy RE: Oh dear, Waghorn and Friends (notably M Dennis Esq).  Mr Waghorn has a reputation (well deserved in my view) for being an unofficial mouthpiece for the board.  Whether they actually pay him for it I know not, but if you rely on him for your information you will be getting an extremely biased and sycophantic point of view.C''mon lads, the accusations for anyone not sharing your point of view is always deemed dubious and goes beyond that of an extremist conspiracy theorist. The fact remains, that Cullum''s bid didn''t materialise in the business sense. I made an effort to find the relevant piece. So here goes..Given that Cullum has a reported personal wealth of £1.7 billion (30th June 08). Is there anyone of us, so called Delia lovers or haters who in Cullums position would have decided not to spend £56 million, when you have £1.7 billion in the bank ?[/quote]

[/quote]Percy, as I mentioned before I find some critism of Delia akin to an extremist conspiracy theory; for example your comment, ''Mr Waghorn has a reputation for being an

unofficial mouthpiece for the board.  Whether they actually pay him for

it I know not
''..There was also a post claiming Delia wanted to buy Ipswich but Sheepshanks told her to go away... the comments are reaching hysterical proportions.I simply find the ''My football writer'' website'' has an approach to news from Norwich with their glass half full. There are a few writers on the site and they don''t all share the same veiws or tow the Norwich/Delia party line.For example, there is a recent article on the money paid out to agents in the last financial year approaching half a million. Now I''m aware that the EDP also ran the story but what the EDP didn''t point out is how that compared to other clubs in the Championship, (2nd highest, only Derby paid more). What stood out for me was that the half a million was paid out over 20 (ish) transactions. Sheff Wed made half a dozen or so less transactions but ''apparently'' only paid out £5,000 in agents fee''s !A story that should make most fan''s ask why ?Probably why the EDP didn''t run it, as they are the nicey nicey face of Norfolk journalism. Thats their right, it''s their business and they wish to appeal to those who buy their papers. But ''My football writer. com'' does have writers that critise the club.. but in an intelligent way, not in the manner of the hysterical writings of this forum, that see Delia as the devil incarnate with plans to destroy NCFC with a blue & white scarf burried in her handbag.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="komakino"]I still cannot believe that some fans STILL support Delia. When we you lot ever learn? The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich, which Sheepshanks told her to clear off. The woman has only self-interest at heart and not loyalty to Norwich City or anyone else but herself. The money she has put in was always as a loan and she thought she would get it back at some point in the future. She has now screwed herself and the club by her appalling sense of ''business'' and she and the club will face the consequences. Chase got out of control, but he was an angel compared to Delia. The two eras are so far apart it''s almost like it was two different clubs. To all you Delia lovers out there, you have got what you deserve - relegation.[/quote]

mate, great post, it''s truly unbelievable isn''t it, how much of a mug is it possible for some supporters to be? Yeah thanks very much Delia & NCFC Board, thanks for everything, thanks for relying on somoene else to pay for Darren Huckerby, thanks for total under investment in the squad for our season in the Prem, thanks for not using the parachute payments to try and get us back into the Prem, thanks for turning away potential investors, thanks for selling our best players at every opportunity and replacing them with loans or medicore rubbish, thanks for the embarassing tv broadcasted rant at half time. "Let''s Be Avin You"? Have you looked at the attendances for other clubs in this league? You''ve been "avin us" season after season and look what our reward has been! Thanks for the ego trip, for the total miss-management of a great football club, reducing us to the laughing stock we are today, with your "little Norwich" mentality and "Prudence with Ambition" policy. Well we really will be little Norwich next season, little Norwich playing in the 3rd division with no ambition and no chance of getting back up again. 

[/quote]

Absolutely quality post!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]Ok..Point 1. The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich...I''d like to respond to this with a considered well thought out informative reply... utter tosh !Point 2. ''Thanks for relying on somoene else to pay for Darren Huckerby''...If we didn''t have the finances at the time then bringing in Huckerby at £750k, where ever the money came from, made good sense, seeing as he was intrumental in bringing Premiership football to Carrow Road and a surplus of £12+ million for just being there.Point 3.''Thanks for total under investment in the squad for our season in the Prem''..From Season 2000 to end of the season 2004 (4.5 years) Norwich spent appx £4,125,000 on transfer fee''s, an average of £916,000 per season. Whilst in the Premiership (04/05) Norwich spent £5,200,000. Thats an increase of 568% spent in previous seasons, which doesn''t include monies paid for David Bentleys loan, or Thomas Helveg''s & Graham Stuarts signing on fee as they were freebies. Not what I would call ''under investment''.http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/years/0405.htmPoint 3 '' Thanks for turning away potential investors''..Reading from a another comment you made regarding the discusion of Delia requesting ''local investors only'', I assume you mean she frightened off investors not based in Norfolk. Cos there were so many of em lining up !! S''cuse the sarcasm but she simply made that comment as she was hoping to entice those from the county that would have knowledge of the area, the fans and have an understanding of what the club means to them. In other words, don''t invest unless you have the clubs interest at heart. Have you been to the Goldstone Ground in Brighton, it''s a car park !!She has since the Cullum ''no bid'', changed her stance and has suggested that the investor need not be local but must still have the clubs interest at heart which I imagine she''ll want to ensure when/if negotiations take place.Point 4. ''Thanks for selling our best players at every opportunity and replacing them with loans or medicore rubbish''..The footballing side is dealt with by the Manager, he has to take responsibility for who he thinks we can sell and buy. Or is Delia now the Director of Football. Off the top of my head, arguably, the most recent ''best players'' we''ve sold are Dean ''sick note'' Ashton for a profit of £3.25 million after a period of 12 months. Huckerby, you can''t blame anyone else but Roeder. And sadly Robert Green. But there''s little you can do when Premiership clubs come a calling and players feel they want to further their career''s. In addition, unless your one of the big 4 the best players are always eventually sold to a so called bigger club, it''s the nature of football.Blame Grant for the mediocre rubbish. As a result, Roeder offloaded appx 12 1st team squad players, a similar amount in the reserves plus 5 or so back room staff. There''s not a lot of cash about hence the loans, how else were we s''posed to get through this period. It''s not a footballing policy to loan so many players but a reaction from Roeder after his clearout. And after performing a miracle in keeping us up last year, who was going to argue.Point 5. Thanks for the embarassing tv broadcasted rant at half time. "Let''s Be Avin You"..We''ll just have to accept a difference of opinion on this one, I don''t find it embarrassing, quite the opposite. I believe she''ll be the one and only director with big enough balls to stand in front of the ''singing end'' of a football ground with a microphone in her hand and give them a piece of her mind and attempt to motivate them at the same time. I call it passion. It''s easier to poke fun while being largely anonymous on a website forum.Point 6. Have you looked at the attendances for other clubs in this league?And your point is ?The reason we have average attendances of 24/25000 is because of the clubs pricing policy. There''s not many/if any clubs that sell season tickets for kids at £25. As I stated above, I remember when 13/14,000 was the averge and 18,000 was a good attendance.In your next rant can you justify your arguement with at least few facts.

Thanks for your supportive remarks Mr Rat, as stated on my message and to those that are following this particular thread.You may have encouraged me to take up a new hobby. As a result, I added an avatar and changed my profile name from Smann to ''Next door to Boyer''.I hope to join you all in great future debates and whether you share my views or not you''ll find I''m not the slagging off type. I understand frustration, anxiety and anger, but I don''t respect glib one liners or arguements which make no effort to back themselves up with truths or facts.I''m sure you''ll join me in wishing the lads all the best tonight and until the end of the season. And I hope we do the majority of our shouting on the terraces rather than the forums, cos that''s where we are supposed to do our job, as supporters.Forever Yella.

Delia did try to invest in Ipswich Town. I''m not going to tell you who my source is, but lets just say that the directors know that this is true... They are not going to admit it in a million years, but this is a fact.

[quote user="komakino"]Delia did try to invest in Ipswich Town. I''m not going to tell you who my source is, but lets just say that the directors know that this is true... They are not going to admit it in a million years, but this is a fact.[/quote]And I know you have had carnal Knowledge of a sheep. Her name is Daisy. Beyond that I refuse to divulge anything, in order to protect my sources.And that is a fact. Well as much as yours anyway.

• Haha 1

On 03/03/2009 at 10:45, ron obvious said:

Delia did try to invest in Ipswich Town. I''m not going to tell you who my source is, but lets just say that the directors know that this is true... They are not going to admit it in a million years, but this is a fact.

And I know you have had carnal Knowledge of a sheep. Her name is Daisy. Beyond that I refuse to divulge anything, in order to protect my sources.And that is a fact. Well as much as yours anyway.

Was there a denial of Ron's allegation?🤯🤯

21 minutes ago, Badger said:

Was there a denial of Ron's allegation?🤯🤯

Badger, all I can say that Daisy, even on her death bed, never denied it. To be serious, Michael Wynn Jones is a life-long Norwich City supporter (first match in the 1950s) and he married Delia in 1971. This was long before she had any money to invest in any football club. As I understand it she had followed Leeds but immediately switched to Norwich City, and never wavered from that.

Why anyone would believe the claim, categorically denied on the record by Sheepshanks, and with silence instead of substantiation from the poster, that when she did finally have money to invest, and by which time she had been a Canary supporter for many years, she offered it to local rivals Ipswich Town, is quite beyond me.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2009 at 16:37, komakino said:

To all you Delia lovers out there, you have got what you deserve - relegation.

Boyer, your honest post actually made me quite emotional.

...as fans we love the club, many don’t fixate on personally as a minority of key board bores tend to do. We do deserve relegation just like we deserved promotion, get with the program dude! 

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Badger, all I can say that Daisy, even on her death bed, never denied it. To be serious, Michael Wynn Jones is a life-long Norwich City supporter (first match in the 1950s) and he married Delia in 1971. This was long before she had any money to invest in any football club. As I understand it she had followed Leeds but immediately switched to Norwich City, and never wavered from that.

Why anyone would believe the claim, categorically denied on the record by Sheepshanks, and with silence instead of substantiation from the poster, that when she did finally have money to invest, and by which time she had been a Canary supporter for many years, she offered it to local rivals Ipswich Town, is quite beyond me.

But he never withdrew his statement about the Ipswich investment or about Daisy!

Are we supposed to believe that they are both false... or both true?🤔

Didn't realise @komakino was one of the posters back in the day peddling the lie about Delia wanting to invest in Ipswich, whilst married to life-long NCFC supporter MWJ 😂

• Like 1

Some quality archaeology done to dig this thread up. Also shows the desperate lengths some will go to in order to discredit someone they just don't like.

• Like 1

Some necromancy involved in digging up this old dream of a thread... 

Edited by chicken