Sign in to follow this  
|BA

17,000 season tickets renewed

You only hear on here of the people wanting to make a public declaration that they will not renew whilst the current board are there. Clearly they are in a minority based on todays news.

What you do not hear about are the people who are buying for the first time. They are there believe me. 3 people who work with me bought their first season tickets on Saturday.

[quote user="jbghost"]

3 people who work with me bought their first season tickets on Saturday.

[/quote]Excellent - they cant be much quieter than the 3 they replace I''m sureI think the board are great - especially Delia and Michael  :o)

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="jbghost"]

3 people who work with me bought their first season tickets on Saturday.

[/quote]

Excellent - they cant be much quieter than the 3 they replace I''m sure

I think the board are great - especially Delia and Michael  :o)
[/quote]

How can the board be great when we are heading for Division 3 for the first time in 50 years?

Cna i ask how long you have been supporting City, IBA?

Seeing these figures I can only think that I must have dozed off Rip-van-Winkle-style, and woken up in a strange parallel universe where the credit crunch is affecting people''s disposable income and where watching Norwich City week-in, week-out is a rewarding mass-pursuit!

[quote user="John"][quote user="fearofambition"]

[quote user="IBA"]Pretty good considering the number of people moaning[/quote]

Yep, 17,000 mugs happy with the current board. Delia and doncaster must be absolutely delighted. What a joke.

[/quote]Well there certainly is a mug in this case, but I''m telling you now that it''s not any of the 17,000 people your referring to.The fans love the club, and are forever loyal to it, whatever happens. Of course their not happy with the board, don''t be ridiculous. The board have foreseen the demise of our beloved club, and don''t be so daft as to think the fans forgotten. But the fans will always do whatever they can to make this club what it should be, and they''ll never go down with a fight, and let it be known that they love their club, and will continue supporting it to the bitter end.This is not a showing of support for the board, rather than a showing of support for the club. And if you think otherwise, bugger off, cos this is how it works at Norwich City. Forever backed and forever loved.[/quote]Spot on..

hardly spot on, you people do NOTHING . you don''t protest, you just pay up and buy your season ticket and then sit there and have a go at the referee. It''s boring.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="John"][quote user="fearofambition"]

[quote user="IBA"]Pretty good considering the number of people moaning
[/quote]

Yep, 17,000 mugs happy with the current board. Delia and doncaster must be absolutely delighted. What a joke.

[/quote]

Well there certainly is a mug in this case, but I''m telling you now that it''s not any of the 17,000 people your referring to.

The fans love the club, and are forever loyal to it, whatever happens. Of course their not happy with the board, don''t be ridiculous. The board have foreseen the demise of our beloved club, and don''t be so daft as to think the fans forgotten. But the fans will always do whatever they can to make this club what it should be, and they''ll never go down with a fight, and let it be known that they love their club, and will continue supporting it to the bitter end.

This is not a showing of support for the board, rather than a showing of support for the club. And if you think otherwise, bugger off, cos this is how it works at Norwich City. Forever backed and forever loved.
[/quote]

Spot on..
[/quote]

Yep, agreed. I''m renewing, haven''t yet, so all of you that are disgusted with people buying seasons tickets, news for you - there''s worse to come. [:D] I know quite a few people who haven''t bought theirs yet but will be. It''s not blind acceptance, it''s that I''m a City fan, I have to go and watch them play whenever I can and, to be honest, I''m more concerned about the price of nail clippers in Madrid than I am with what you think of me ... i.e. not very. [;)]   

[quote user="splatthecat"]hardly spot on, you people do NOTHING . you don''t protest, you just pay up and buy your season ticket and then sit there and have a go at the referee. It''s boring.
[/quote]

I''ve protested about a few things at Carrow Road and buy my ST cause thats what I''ve done for most of my life. It certainly doesn''t mean I''m happy with the football side of things - afterall what sane Norwich fan would be happy with the teams current position?

No person is bigger than the club thats why I know that unless I die I''ll be going to Carrow Rd long after Delia and CO have gone. I despised Roeder cause he was an arrogant useless manager but I would never of stayed away just cause the prat was in charge - I wouldn''t give him the satisfaction!

Anyway the board have made their position clear - they want out but unless their bought out what more can they do?

So really shouting for - "sack the board" is a nosense statement cause their is no one above the board at the club who could do that!  

[quote user="Smeg"]

i renewed my 2 season tickets because

a) i support the club -through good and bad times

b) i want to watch football

c) what other pro sports are there to watch in norfolk

d) im a loony

[/quote]

Spot on, Smeg.

I want the Board out, a more experienced manager and some more good players, but all of the above are why I''ve renewed my season tickets.

I''d be interested to know if many of the posters calling people ''mugs'' for renewing have been ST holders this year?

I hope these figures show the players just how many people love NORWICH CITY FOOTBALL CLUB!

And it shows in these final 10 cup finals...

[quote user="whoareyou"]

Cna i ask how long you have been supporting City, IBA?

[/quote]Since Portsmaouth at home 1963 - lost 0-1 ..... I think

[quote user="whoareyou"]

How can the board be great when we are heading for Division 3 for the first time in 50 years?

[/quote]Have they been playing?

[quote user="fearofambition"]

[quote user="IBA"]Pretty good considering the number of people moaning
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you dont support NCFC like the 17000 others, thats your choice. I have renewed my 2 tickets because I do and i want to watch live football like I have done since 1968 unlike yourself I guess who jumped on the bandwagon recently.

I dont agree with everything the board has done but I havent got the money to buy them out. Have you?

In short, we dont need you at Carrow rd so I for one am happy that you wont be there.

[quote user="splatthecat"]hardly spot on, you people do NOTHING . you don''t protest, you just pay up and buy your season ticket and then sit there and have a go at the referee. It''s boring.
[/quote]

As my above post, I go to watch and support my team.

As i have said if you have got the cash please step forward and buy the board out.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

I''ve protested about a few things at Carrow Road and buy my ST cause thats what I''ve done for most of my life. It certainly doesn''t mean I''m happy with the football side of things - afterall what sane Norwich fan would be happy with the teams current position?

No person is bigger than the club thats why I know that unless I die I''ll be going to Carrow Rd long after Delia and CO have gone. I despised Roeder cause he was an arrogant useless manager but I would never of stayed away just cause the prat was in charge - I wouldn''t give him the satisfaction!

Anyway the board have made their position clear - they want out but unless their bought out what more can they do?

So really shouting for - "sack the board" is a nosense statement cause their is no one above the board at the club who could do that!  

[/quote]

What more can they do? 

Show some ambition to run Norwich City as it ought to be, a club that''s proud to punch its weight and puts 100% effort into doing so.  For several seasons there''s been absolutely no sign that that''s their aim, and now they''ve got your money why should they bother to try? 

Don''t kid yourselves that you can support the team without supporting the board.  You''re colluding with them in their pursuit of underachievement and you''ve just given them a passport to League 1.  Relegation, if it happened, will cost them nothing.  It will hurt the fans but they''ll be smirking behind their hands.

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]
Have they been playing?
[/quote]

No but they make the ultimate decisions that decide who does!

I''ve lost count of the managers that they have appointed but here goes:

Walker - Failed

Hamilton - Failed

Rioch - Walked out

Worthington - Success for a while but was allowed to stay on too long once he was failing.

Grant - Failed

Roeder - Failed

Gunn - Who knows but signs aren''t great.

Have i missed any other failures?

Anybody would have to admit, that if they had chosen managers of any business and had such a spectacular failure rate then they would deserve to go to!

The sooner the board are gone the better...and then i may think about returning to matches!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

I''d be interested to know if many of the posters calling people ''mugs'' for renewing have been ST holders this year?

[/quote]

No, I saw the writing on the wall three years ago . . .

you are right ''whoareyou'', the only manager that has been any sort of success out of that lot was worthington, and that was by accident, by which i mean that the board didn''t actively seek to employ him as a manager, he was just in the right place at the right time,one of their biggest crimes though was giving an inexperienced manager like peter grant a 3 year contract, i know he wasn''t up to the job and we can lay some of the blame about our current situation at his feet but at least he had the decency to walk away without hanging out for a pay-off which he would have been entitled to given the length of his contract, other people would have stayed (worthy, roeder) and cost us even more. you can blame the players, you can blame the managers, but they have all changed over the last 5 years, the common denominator in our slide is the board, they appoint the staff, set the budgets etc and as the old saying goes, the buck stops with them.i dont doubt the passion that delia and her husband has for the club, and it is something that we should all be thankful for, but they are not up to the job of running a football club and when they hear that 17,000 people have already stumped up for probably a season watching 3rd division football they should not come out and say to the press what wonderful, loyal fans the club has, they should hang their heads in shame.OTBC   

[quote user="braham"]17 thousand loyal fans vs 17 opinionated people on a message board! sorry children![/quote]

Sums it all up rather nicely.....

Do we think the rather clever continuing direct debit plot had anything to do with this?  I for one and Im sure others have as well, either not realised that payments would simply continue unless physically stopped, meaning we walked into a contract without actually realising it, or that it was a case of forgettin to cancel or saying "sod it"  ?  Just a thought.

[quote user="IBA"]Pretty good considering the number of people moaning[/quote]

[quote user="Pastry"]Do we think the rather clever continuing direct debit plot had anything to do with this?  I for one and Im sure others have as well, either not realised that payments would simply continue unless physically stopped, meaning we walked into a contract without actually realising it, or that it was a case of forgettin to cancel or saying "sod it"  ?  Just a thought.[/quote]

Pretty nailed on I''d think - how long do you get to cancel your ticket before you have to take next years when paying by D/D?   I''m sure that should the worst happen, they''ll find a lot of cancelled direct debits....

17,000 season tickets must be better than a few Premiership clubs can do. I can''t see the likes of Fulham, Pompey, Blackburn and Bolton attracting more season ticket holders than that.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]As last year and the year before that, and the year before that, I have renewed because I want to watch football and want to support my team. Nothing to do with the board and their hapless running (into the ground) of our wonderful club. It would be interesting however to dissect those figures to see how many are concessions/child etc. As Mr Doncaster had just said on R Norfolk we are indeed the envy of most Championship clubs, but are we all on an even line when it comes to concessions and interest free direct debits. I think without the Direct Debit scheme the numbers would be much lower. I used to save all year to buy my ticket before this scheme came into being and it has to be one of the success stories of recent years, introduced by the much missed Andy Cullen. Of course it''s a massive boost to the club, which is the most important thing, no doubt we can live with any crowing from the PR dept on this one guys, they are on borrowed time. I do know a few people who won''t renew if there are no changes at board level and I know a few who would renew whatever. We are certainly a broad mix of opinions at this football club and to those who think anti-board sentiment is restricted to the internet, think again, it''s not.[/quote]

Yes indeed Gazza, you seem to have renewed for the same reasons as me and I suspect 17,000 others. I doubt anyone has renewed because of any other reason apart from football. Why would they? We don''t go to see the CE or the board do we? Stewards, turnstile operators and the crazy golden goal guy are more important on match days!

But what you are citing as reasons for renewing are in fact the what the board call providing affordable family football from a community spirited club. That''s why these schemes are in place. The interest free direct debit scheme and the recent change to 12 months has certainly been a huge factor in this but I would say that is a marvelous deal for the fans. People are always telling me that I must have money to burn to be able to afford a season ticket as they are parting with nearly £3 for a pint of lager. Give up 10 pints a month and they could have a ticket too!

That £30 is the best VFM from my bank account every month. To put it into perspective a ticket behind the goal in the upper tier at QPR is £30! Yes, we are the envy of other clubs. But those other clubs could operate these schemes if they wanted to but owners like QPR''s are too greedy.

Of course, those who only follow the club through the media will tell you that our tickets are too cheap and that holds the club back, however most fans who go obviously couldn''t wait to take advantage of the "pound-a-day season ticket scam". However from time to time the board have offered share issues so that those fans who believe tickets are too cheap could invest some more money.

Now what''s happened to all those fans who weren''t renewing? Was that indeed just spin, or maybe even worse, a case of not actually having a ticket to renew?

[quote user="braham"]17 thousand loyal fans vs 17 opinionated people on a message board! sorry children![/quote]

17,000 deluded tools with sh*t for brains financing the clubs demise more like.And you mention children - I can think of nothing more immature than paying inflated prices to watch the quality of football witnessed at this club over the past four years. These people must have very little going on in their lives.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="braham"]17 thousand loyal fans vs 17 opinionated people on a message board! sorry children![/quote]

17,000 deluded tools with sh*t for brains financing the clubs demise more like.

And you mention children - I can think of nothing more immature than paying inflated prices to watch the quality of football witnessed at this club over the past four years. These people must have very little going on in their lives.
[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="braham"]17 thousand loyal fans vs 17 opinionated people on a message board! sorry children![/quote]

17,000 deluded tools with sh*t for brains financing the clubs demise more like.

And you mention children - I can think of nothing more immature than paying inflated prices to watch the quality of football witnessed at this club over the past four years. These people must have very little going on in their lives.
[/quote]

Why can''t we all just get along eh? [}][{]

Trouble is, there are fans who boil it down to a simple equation.

Season ticket = loyal

No season ticket = disloyal

Its rubbish obviously, but some people genuinely believe that.

[quote user="JJ"]

Trouble is, there are fans who boil it down to a simple equation.

Season ticket = loyal

No season ticket = disloyal

Its rubbish obviously, but some people genuinely believe that.

[/quote]

Fans can be loyal whatever their preferred way of support is. A fan who supports the club through the football results in the Sunday papers is more loyal if he checks the Norwich result before Man Utd''s!

In fact this whole season ticket issue is probably more about the club being loyal to their customers than fans being loyal to their club[:O]