Sign in to follow this  
|BA

17,000 season tickets renewed

Prices are not inflated - they are very fair.The failed managers were appointed with best of intentions from the applicants that applied and could be afforded. There has been no plot to bring the club down, its their money - why destroy it?

I can''t understand some of the logic.Please help

The witch must go, the board are rubbish, the managers are no good. The team are crap, the performances dire (in the most).We are doomed to relegation. Doncaster has more spin than a top. Money being wasted.Don''t fund the team just buys cafes etc etc.

You are doing such a rubbish job but Oh by the way here''s more money to waste for next year!

Is it because we just ENJOY THE PLEASURE OF MOANING?

[quote user="shyster"]These people must have very little going on in their lives. [/quote]Says the vindictive to$$er who regularly posts on the Pink Un message board, slating fans who don''t see things the same way, all over the renewal of a season ticket.Still, you carry on trying to make yourself feel superior and I''ll continue to decide whether I think it''s good value to carry on going to the football, if it''s all the same to you. Frankly, I couldn''t give a s**t whether that meets with your approval, or agrees with your narrow-minded, ignorant views.

Butler, the majority of these people are neither fans of football or supporters of the club - to them it is simply a day out. Lobster already admitted it in another thread: Somewhere to take the kids to keep ''em off the streets.

Unless I''ve missed this comment on another thread the 17,000 the club are saying have renewed is incredibly misleading - especially if the majority of this 17,000 are existing season ticket holders who have paid by direct debit previously.

This year the club set up a new auto-renew facility for those season holders paying by direct debit i.e. they had to call in a physically cancel there renewal to ensure they didn''t get one for next year.

I would bet alot of money that the vast majority of those 17,000 are people who a) haven''t got round to cancelling yet or (more probably) b) done nothing at this stage waiting to see whether the club gets relegated or not and if we do get relegated will cancel their direct debit with their banks.

This obviously allows the club at this point to say these supporters (myself included) have renewed - and why wouldn''t we at this stage ?? because we may well stay up and we get the benefit of the lowest renewal prices. It certainly doesn''t mean these 17,000 will have season tickets at the start of next season....far from it.

Also the crap in the paper today about the Gunn factor - bollo*ks !! the club are just ltrying to (and badly in my opinion) trying to justisfy there decision in appointing him in the first place - despite the crap they came out with at the time about it being a "footballing" decision and not a financial one. There were 3 reasons why Gunn was appointed a) he was cheap b) he wanted it and b) they thought his appointment would be the best chance of people renewing hence maximising revenue. So all they are doing is saying they achieved the 3rd reason for appointment (but see above re misleading renewal numbers).

I may well be in the minority but the fact that Gunn is in charge is more of a concern than a motivation to renew. If we stay up and I really hope we do, I would be more enthused by the fact they would replace him at the end of the season by someone more competent and experiened and Bryan can move back in to his hosiptality role to which he is more suited. 

Oh well.. that''s cleared that up. They haven''t really renewed at all. I reckon it''s just  a load of spin to take the heat off Doomcaster and co when they are challenged by the experts tonight.

[quote user="The Judge"]

Unless I''ve missed this comment on another thread the 17,000 the club are saying have renewed is incredibly misleading - especially if the majority of this 17,000 are existing season ticket holders who have paid by direct debit previously.

This year the club set up a new auto-renew facility for those season holders paying by direct debit i.e. they had to call in a physically cancel there renewal to ensure they didn''t get one for next year.

I would bet alot of money that the vast majority of those 17,000 are people who a) haven''t got round to cancelling yet or (more probably) b) done nothing at this stage waiting to see whether the club gets relegated or not and if we do get relegated will cancel their direct debit with their banks.

This obviously allows the club at this point to say these supporters (myself included) have renewed - and why wouldn''t we at this stage ?? because we may well stay up and we get the benefit of the lowest renewal prices. It certainly doesn''t mean these 17,000 will have season tickets at the start of next season....far from it.

Also the crap in the paper today about the Gunn factor - bollo*ks !! the club are just ltrying to (and badly in my opinion) trying to justisfy there decision in appointing him in the first place - despite the crap they came out with at the time about it being a "footballing" decision and not a financial one. There were 3 reasons why Gunn was appointed a) he was cheap b) he wanted it and b) they thought his appointment would be the best chance of people renewing hence maximising revenue. So all they are doing is saying they achieved the 3rd reason for appointment (but see above re misleading renewal numbers).

I may well be in the minority but the fact that Gunn is in charge is more of a concern than a motivation to renew. If we stay up and I really hope we do, I would be more enthused by the fact they would replace him at the end of the season by someone more competent and experiened and Bryan can move back in to his hosiptality role to which he is more suited. 

[/quote]

One thing I''m not sure about.  If someone''s renewal has already kicked in and they don''t want to continue, are they then obliged to pay for the whole ticket or can they just stop the payment and give up the seat?  (this isn''t referring to me by the way!)

What worries me is that a chunk of these 17,000 people are fans who don''t really want to be there, but have renewed out of habit, or because they forgot to cancel, etc.  I''d rather the numbers were down, and more tickets available for those who actually want to go rather than lots of people just sitting in the same seat year after year complaining how bad it all is.  My dad (who has a season ticket) has often had empty seats around him from people who have renewed tickets but don''t bother using it or giving it away.

Its all well and good about people boasting how super loyal we are, and how the ground is full compared to other clubs, but its not much good if people turn up (or not) and then complain they don''t like it.

[quote user="shyster"]17,000 deluded tools with sh*t for brains financing the clubs demise more like.[/quote]Would you say that to my face Shyster? You will probably answer that ''of course you would,'' but somehow I doubt it!You''re quite simply another deluded keyboard warrior with ego-inflating views of your own importance [:''(]

[quote user="shyster"]Butler, the majority of these people are neither fans of football or supporters of the club - to them it is simply a day out. Lobster already admitted it in another thread: Somewhere to take the kids to keep ''em off the streets.
[/quote]

OK, you''ve accounted for Lobster and his son, now off you go and ask the other 16,998 what their reason is.

The other 16,998 just couldn''t be arsed to cancel the DD! Money''s not important to them and they all love a good moan [;)]

I''m pretty well minted, Nigel, but I didn''t get that way by squandering money on lost causes.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]As last year and the year before that, and the year before that, I have renewed because I want to watch football and want to support my team. Nothing to do with the board and their hapless running (into the ground) of our wonderful club. It would be interesting however to dissect those figures to see how many are concessions/child etc. As Mr Doncaster had just said on R Norfolk we are indeed the envy of most Championship clubs, but are we all on an even line when it comes to concessions and interest free direct debits. I think without the Direct Debit scheme the numbers would be much lower. I used to save all year to buy my ticket before this scheme came into being and it has to be one of the success stories of recent years, introduced by the much missed Andy Cullen. Of course it''s a massive boost to the club, which is the most important thing, no doubt we can live with any crowing from the PR dept on this one guys, they are on borrowed time. I do know a few people who won''t renew if there are no changes at board level and I know a few who would renew whatever. We are certainly a broad mix of opinions at this football club and to those who think anti-board sentiment is restricted to the internet, think again, it''s not.[/quote]

Yes indeed Gazza, you seem to have renewed for the same reasons as me and I suspect 17,000 others. I doubt anyone has renewed because of any other reason apart from football. Why would they? We don''t go to see the CE or the board do we? Stewards, turnstile operators and the crazy golden goal guy are more important on match days!

But what you are citing as reasons for renewing are in fact the what the board call providing affordable family football from a community spirited club. That''s why these schemes are in place. The interest free direct debit scheme and the recent change to 12 months has certainly been a huge factor in this but I would say that is a marvelous deal for the fans. People are always telling me that I must have money to burn to be able to afford a season ticket as they are parting with nearly £3 for a pint of lager. Give up 10 pints a month and they could have a ticket too!

That £30 is the best VFM from my bank account every month. To put it into perspective a ticket behind the goal in the upper tier at QPR is £30! Yes, we are the envy of other clubs. But those other clubs could operate these schemes if they wanted to but owners like QPR''s are too greedy.

Of course, those who only follow the club through the media will tell you that our tickets are too cheap and that holds the club back, however most fans who go obviously couldn''t wait to take advantage of the "pound-a-day season ticket scam". However from time to time the board have offered share issues so that those fans who believe tickets are too cheap could invest some more money.

Now what''s happened to all those fans who weren''t renewing? Was that indeed just spin, or maybe even worse, a case of not actually having a ticket to renew?

[/quote]the st dd may well cost £30 per month,,,but by the time you factor in transport/parking fees,,,eats and drinks - i reckon it costs £150 per month to support naarwich...so yeah - although the recession is yet to hit hardest in east anglia as in some parts - 17k st thus far is a fantastic figure however you look at it,,,and more than i thought tbh...

The other 16,998 just couldn''t be arsed to cancel the DD! Money''s not important to them and they all love a good moan [;)]

[/quote]

No doubt there is a % who forgot . There will also be a large % of lets just wait and see. The biggest % will be the FANS of football and City in particular who come hell or high water want to be at Carrow road as often as their time and pocket will allow. Yes and a % of them do enjoy a good moan (Hello Neil was goin on then!!)

I still feel that some of the corporate tickets will not be renewed and their spend will be missed (Jas prawn sandwiches are expensive!!)[:D]

butler - [quote](Hello Neil was goin on then!!)[/quote]

Yes indeed, the radio Norfolk phone in is a fair assessment of the type of people who''ve renewed their season tickets. [:$] Dunderheads - and that''s being polite.

I just really ''don''t get'' a lot of these points. The "pound-a-day season ticket scam" is an unbelievably good deal. End of. What happens on the pitch is a total unknown whether you buy your ticket for the season or for the match. How many people bought their ticket for QPR expecting to win? We all still bought them though!

As for the corporates Butler my friend, I don''t care a jot if they go or not. Perhaps I should and I guess the club should. But that''s the thing with this board, they don''t always care about the things they should and they do care about community, which deep down, most of us do too!

All these figures do is show just how out of touch some members of this message board are with the vast majority of fans who turn up every week. Whether you like it or not the 17000 who renewed simply do not associate with the vitriolic hated towards the board and the club spewed out on here from certain members. Your views might be heartfelt and well intentioned (maybe) but at the end of the day you are such a tiny minority that you are quite frankly irrelevant.

Like the other 17000 I have renewed because I want to come and watch the team I support and will do that whatever situation the club are in. To stop doing something I enjoy and look forward to, a major part of my life, just to make a point to the board would be cutting my nose off to spite my face. It seems I''m in the majority here and happy to be so. [<:o)]  

I just really ''don''t get'' a lot of these points. The "pound-a-day season ticket scam" is an unbelievably good deal. End of. What happens on the pitch is a total unknown whether you buy your ticket for the season or for the match. How many people bought their ticket for QPR expecting to win? We all still bought them though!

As for the corporates Butler my friend, I don''t care a jot if they go or not. Perhaps I should and I guess the club should. But that''s the thing with this board, they don''t always care about the things they should and they do care about community, which deep down, most of us do too!

[/quote]

I am very interested in the pound-a-day season ticket please! Does this work out cheaper than my present concessionary prices?

[quote user="Asteroid"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I am very interested in the pound-a-day season ticket please! Does this work out cheaper than my present concessionary prices?
[/quote]

Well, I''m not sure Asteroid. But if you''re under 12 it may be possible for you to be duped by the clubs current "7 pence-a-day season ticket scam" which is still available in certain areas of the ground. [:O]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

All these figures do is show just how out of touch some members of this message board are with the vast majority of fans who turn up every week. Whether you like it or not the 17000 who renewed simply do not associate with the vitriolic hated towards the board and the club spewed out on here from certain members. Your views might be heartfelt and well intentioned (maybe) but at the end of the day you are such a tiny minority that you are quite frankly irrelevant.

Like the other 17000 I have renewed because I want to come and watch the team I support and will do that whatever situation the club are in. To stop doing something I enjoy and look forward to, a major part of my life, just to make a point to the board would be cutting my nose off to spite my face. It seems I''m in the majority here and happy to be so. [<:o)]  

[/quote]That has saved me a job of typing.     Good summary of how I feel.    Thanks HC

[/quote]

You should care Nutty as you care about the finances of the club.

Just because they might have corporate tickets don''t mean they are not as good a fan as anyone else. They put 10''s of thousands per season into the club coffers. This via season tickets,for boxes, sponsoring games,shirts, etc etc.The club would not have the money for community if it was not for corporate support

I would respectfully suggest that a good portion of money taken on a match day comes from those "hated" corporate fans. So derided by "the fan on the terrace"

I was one of those for many years, 14k for a box for the season (box only no food and drink all extras to pay to the club) 4k to 5k to sponsor a match.

If you lose that sort of revenue then the balance will look sticky and I would suggest DS and her motley crew would be well served to look after these (mostly) Norfolk business folk. You never know the next million or two might just come from one or two of them.

Like I said Butler, I know I should, but I don''t. They have no relevance to my match day enjoyment. I go for the football and to support my team. I love it, I always have and I always will. I also enjoy my chats with the stewards and that little guy who sells the golden goal tickets. I enjoy the company of the fans around me, I can wave to Gazzathegreat and on a quiet day I can even see Jas. Even the two plod in the gangway will sometimes shake my hand when we score. But I never come across a corporate and I doubt they would add anything to my matchday experience.

I have no designs on running the football club. I have a hard enough time doing the job I have to do now. I''m just a fan and I''m glad that the board are bothered with the fans even though they probably should take them for granted and concentrate on the corporates.

Like I said Butler, I know I should, but I don''t. They have no relevance to my match day enjoyment. I go for the football and to support my team. I love it, I always have and I always will. I also enjoy my chats with the stewards and that little guy who sells the golden goal tickets. I enjoy the company of the fans around me, I can wave to Gazzathegreat and on a quiet day I can even see Jas. Even the two plod in the gangway will sometimes shake my hand when we score. But I never come across a corporate and I doubt they would add anything to my matchday experience.

I have no designs on running the football club. I have a hard enough time doing the job I have to do now. I''m just a fan and I''m glad that the board are bothered with the fans even though they probably should take them for granted and concentrate on the corporates.

[/quote]

So do I Nutty not much difference as I say we are all fans. The day is to be enjoyed (up to the final score!) wherever you are in the ground or whomever you wave to talk to or just , as I did sit and chew my fingers and kick the floor in frustration!

Congrats Norwich Fans, this quite remarkable given your position. Never knew you had such support! i know it seems really daft but next season if i could say

1. you finish 18th in the championship

2. you finish top two of league one

which one would you take? i mean no bugger wants go down but if you was garunteed to come back up (if only that simple i know) would you prefer this? to have a season of winning/enjoying football - similar to liecester

[quote user="shyster"]Butler, the majority of these people are neither fans of football or supporters of the club - to them it is simply a day out.
[/quote]

Shyster, could I ask what you think makes somebody a true ''fan of football'' or ''supporter of the club''? As for it being a ''day out'', what''s the problem? Surely most fans treat it that way whether it''s a day out with your mates, your wife, your husband, your kids, your Mum or your Dad? Anyone over the age of twenty who treats it as something more important than that probably needs to go and see a doctor and/or get laid. What do you actually want from those that attend Carrow Road on a regular basis?

I haven''t got a season ticket by the way. Nor do I intend to buy one [:D]

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="whoareyou"]

Cna i ask how long you have been supporting City, IBA?

[/quote]

Since Portsmaouth at home 1963 - lost 0-1 ..... I think
[/quote]Since Southend at home 1946 and yes we lost  & had to apply for re-election.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="braham"]17 thousand loyal fans vs 17 opinionated people on a message board! sorry children![/quote]

17,000 deluded tools with sh*t for brains financing the clubs demise more like.

And you mention children - I can think of nothing more immature than paying inflated prices to watch the quality of football witnessed at this club over the past four years. These people must have very little going on in their lives.
[/quote]This is the most insulting comment I have read on this site. From your comments I assume you neither have a ST or even go to matches.

If this is the case why dont you crawl in your kennel,stick your head up your a**e, thats where your brains obviously are.

[quote user="barclay46"]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="braham"]17 thousand loyal fans vs 17 opinionated people on a message board! sorry children![/quote]17,000 deluded tools with sh*t for brains financing the clubs demise more like.

And you mention children - I can think of nothing more immature than paying inflated prices to watch the quality of football witnessed at this club over the past four years. These people must have very little going on in their lives.
[/quote]This is the most insulting comment I have read on this site. From your comments I assume you neither have a ST or even go to matches.

If this is the case why dont you crawl in your kennel,stick your head up your a**e, thats where your brains obviously are.

[/quote]Don''t be too harsh 46, he does listen to the Radio Norfolk phone-in! [:$]

[quote user="shyster"]I''m pretty well minted, Nigel, but I didn''t get that way by squandering money on lost causes.[/quote]... like your kids??......

"people who don''t like it , should buy the club...."

What a brilliant argument . People who don''t want that tool from RBS to get a massive pension should buy the bank. People who are unhappy with the growing restrictions on civil liberties should be elected prime minister. You deserve the football club you get and to everyone who bought a season ticket , you''ve got the football club you deserve .

I am astonished at the number of renewals, I have 4 season tickets and for the first time in 8 years have not renewed them because I did not want to show support for the Board of our club. I am clearly not a good judge of the mood of the fans because I presumed I would probably be in the majority by not renewing, what an undeserved boost has been handed to those who have mismanaged our club for so long!