Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Impending Doom...

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]

But like I said before, him being right or consistent isn''t really the point. Being right doesn''t mean you''re entitled to mock and insult all those who aren''t. My issue is not really with his sentiments but rather the way which he chooses to express them. There''s no need for it and it would not be tolerated if it was an Ippo supporter on a wind up.
[/quote]No being right doesn''t give anyone the right to mock and insult others and I have been at the resceiving end as well as most others.

All I was trying to say that he is right that we should have taken some action against the board ages ago because thats where the problem lies.[/quote]Apart from booing and hissing CA what other action should you have taken?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]

But like I said before, him being right or consistent isn''t really the point. Being right doesn''t mean you''re entitled to mock and insult all those who aren''t. My issue is not really with his sentiments but rather the way which he chooses to express them. There''s no need for it and it would not be tolerated if it was an Ippo supporter on a wind up.
[/quote]No being right doesn''t give anyone the right to mock and insult others and I have been at the resceiving end as well as most others.

All I was trying to say that he is right that we should have taken some action against the board ages ago because thats where the problem lies.[/quote]Apart from booing and hissing CA what other action should you have taken?

[/quote]

She could have rushed onto the pitch, ripped her blouse off and shown her Hucks Tattoo with the cry "Hows that for a left wing signing"

Surely the point is that he HASN''T been right has he? He''s been predicting Norwich being stuffed by every team under the sun, which has not happened, & has been predicting relegation for at least two seasons.Unless you get predictions consistently right, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else''s.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I dont know all the answers like Smudger, I wish I did and I don''t boo and hiss.

One thing that does spring to mind is I wish we''d have given the board a harder time at the AGM rather than waste all night questioning Roeder which took the focus off them. Also wish we could have collectively as a fans group put more pressure on them to explain to us where all the money has gone, why the Turners left, why they haven''t advertised for investors before now, why they have made such a cock-up of recruiting managers.

I could go on but you''ll get bored  [:)] Guess I just feel the board have been let off lightly for the past few years poor performance and need to shoulder the responsibility.

I really admire the fact that you stay so positive all the while but ( and no offence meant) you don''t go every week so don''t see some of the dross they serve up which is why you probably don''t get so frustrated as us regulars.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I dont know all the answers like Smudger, I wish I did and I don''t boo and hiss.

One thing that does spring to mind is I wish we''d have given the board a harder time at the AGM rather than waste all night questioning Roeder which took the focus off them. Also wish we could have collectively as a fans group put more pressure on them to explain to us where all the money has gone, why the Turners left, why they haven''t advertised for investors before now, why they have made such a cock-up of recruiting managers.

I could go on but you''ll get bored  [:)] Guess I just feel the board have been let off lightly for the past few years poor performance and need to shoulder the responsibility.

I really admire the fact that you stay so positive all the while but ( and no offence meant) you don''t go every week so don''t see some of the dross they serve up which is why you probably don''t get so frustrated as us regulars.

[/quote]

I cannot offer an opinion on any of the other questions but I have good grounds for believing the Turners left because, possibly like Mr Cullum at the moment, they anticipated being in a situation where they would not be able to assist Norwich City financially "at this moment in time" as Nigel might possibly have said.

t''s not spot on. Smudger never has been, and never will be, correct

about anything. Not then, not now, not ever. Never, never ever!That''s right bury your head in the sand and pretend it''s not happening Lappinitup- Smudger is balls on dead accurate and you know it pal

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Surely the point is that he HASN''T been right has he? He''s been predicting Norwich being stuffed by every team under the sun, which has not happened, & has been predicting relegation for at least two seasons.
Unless you get predictions consistently right, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else''s.

[/quote]

Quite so.  The people who seem to think that this fool is correct about everything should perhaps have a look back through almost each and every one of his 4000 posts.  People who say he is ''correct'' are hugely selective about his moanings they choose to agree with...I think you will find that those who moan about absolutely everything will sometimes be right, sometimes (hopefully more often) be wrong. 

I think you will find that there is very little that he has been correct about...unless we were relegated each of the last 2-3 seasons and I missed it?   Also, abusing every single signing from the position of strength you get from never having seen them play takes some beating, as does wanting us to lose all the time, particularly vs Ipswich...and I could go on.  The idea that Splodger is ''correct'' about it all is just garbage, and will remain so even if we do end up getting relegated. 

[quote user="er indoors"]That''s right bury your head in the sand and pretend it''s not happening Lappinitup- Smudger is balls on dead accurate and you know it pal[/quote]You''re wrong, he''s wrong and two wrongs don''t make a right! [;)]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think you will find that those who moan about absolutely everything will sometimes be right, sometimes (hopefully more often) be wrong. [/quote]I think the appropriate term begins "throw enough sh*t........." Unfortunately it seems that some of it has gotten stuck to the faces of the board''s more idealistic and naive posters.  Smudger''s very clever in the timings of his posts - its often noted how he never shows up when things are going well, and why should he? Hell, if he came on here after a 4-0 win bleating doom and gloom even the Wizard''s Apprentice, CT, would tell him to p*ss off! And that''s saying something.  Come on here when we''re in the bottom 3, however, and some of the more easily led will be hanging on his every word and a 3-page debate will ensue.  Smudger will then sit back for a few pages and not pop up again until the fires need stoking a little.Maybe read the above in the voice of Sir David Attenborough and imagine the titles "Walking With Neanderthals" popping up on screen and, maybe, it will all make a little more sense.....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Surely the point is that he HASN''T been right has he? He''s been predicting Norwich being stuffed by every team under the sun, which has not happened, & has been predicting relegation for at least two seasons.
Unless you get predictions consistently right, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else''s.

[/quote]

Quite so.  The people who seem to think that this fool is correct about everything should perhaps have a look back through almost each and every one of his 4000 posts.  People who say he is ''correct'' are hugely selective about his moanings they choose to agree with...I think you will find that those who moan about absolutely everything will sometimes be right, sometimes (hopefully more often) be wrong. 

I think you will find that there is very little that he has been correct about...unless we were relegated each of the last 2-3 seasons and I missed it?   Also, abusing every single signing from the position of strength you get from never having seen them play takes some beating, as does wanting us to lose all the time, particularly vs Ipswich...and I could go on.  The idea that Splodger is ''correct'' about it all is just garbage, and will remain so even if we do end up getting relegated. 

[/quote]

Championship play-offs next year again is it DICKLE??? [:$]

Sorry, I couldn''t resist!!!

I may not be right about everything, but have been a lot closer than anybody else on here over the last few years (argue with that FACT).

PS - I also have said year after year that things WILL NOT GET BETTER while the fans continue to back our board of directionless without so much as a whimper (again something which has proven to be true as we have steadily declined year upon year since relegation).

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think you will find that those who moan about absolutely everything will sometimes be right, sometimes (hopefully more often) be wrong. [/quote]
I think the appropriate term begins "throw enough sh*t........." Unfortunately it seems that some of it has gotten stuck to the faces of the board''s more idealistic and naive posters.  Smudger''s very clever in the timings of his posts - its often noted how he never shows up when things are going well, and why should he? Hell, if he came on here after a 4-0 win bleating doom and gloom even the Wizard''s Apprentice, CT, would tell him to p*ss off! And that''s saying something.  Come on here when we''re in the bottom 3, however, and some of the more easily led will be hanging on his every word and a 3-page debate will ensue.  Smudger will then sit back for a few pages and not pop up again until the fires need stoking a little.

Maybe read the above in the voice of Sir David Attenborough and imagine the titles "Walking With Neanderthals" popping up on screen and, maybe, it will all make a little more sense.....
[/quote]

hahaha right on que EM... maybe you should get a job as a shrink???  [;)]

I think it is a little untrue to say that I never post after victories.  I have even been seen in the local having a few pints with other more positive posters all too willing to pull my leg after we have strung a couple of results together (or brought an excuse for a manager in) and they are all on another misguided high.

Well, others can give it out, but just remember when we finally do go down that we/you could of done something about it and chose not to (on many occasions).

One question for you EM... what were your honest predictions for the last 3 or 4 seasons?  When did you first realise that something was seriously wrong at the top of our club???

You are one of the few on here who still tries to make out that I have got it oh so wrong and am some kind of chancer.

Please back up what you have said over the years before posting such utter dross!!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Surely the point is that he HASN''T been right has he? He''s been predicting Norwich being stuffed by every team under the sun, which has not happened, & has been predicting relegation for at least two seasons.Unless you get predictions consistently right, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else''s.

[/quote]

[/quote]Ron and Branston are quite correct. What Smudger does is predict doom and gloom all the time, and blows his tedious trumpet when he gets one propehcy right and hopes people forget all the multitude of erroneous forecasts.So, as an example, in November 2007 he stated categorically that Norwich (interestingly he said "you" rather than "we") would not only get relegated under the recently-appointed Glenn Roeder, but would actually finish bottom.When a few months ago this latter-day Nostradamus again said we (or was it "you"?) were heading for League One, I reminded him of his November 2007 prediction, pointing out that far from finishing bottom we hadn''t even been relegated.There was this LONG pause in cyberspace. I think he was gobsmacked that anyone had actually taken note of what he said. Finally came back the answer:"OK, so I''m going to be a season out..."

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think you will find that those who moan about absolutely everything will sometimes be right, sometimes (hopefully more often) be wrong. [/quote]I think the appropriate term begins "throw enough sh*t........." Unfortunately it seems that some of it has gotten stuck to the faces of the board''s more idealistic and naive posters.  Smudger''s very clever in the timings of his posts - its often noted how he never shows up when things are going well, and why should he? Hell, if he came on here after a 4-0 win bleating doom and gloom even the Wizard''s Apprentice, CT, would tell him to p*ss off! And that''s saying something.  Come on here when we''re in the bottom 3, however, and some of the more easily led will be hanging on his every word and a 3-page debate will ensue.  Smudger will then sit back for a few pages and not pop up again until the fires need stoking a little.Maybe read the above in the voice of Sir David Attenborough and imagine the titles "Walking With Neanderthals" popping up on screen and, maybe, it will all make a little more sense.....[/quote]

hahaha right on que EM... maybe you should get a job as a shrink???  [;)]

I think it is a little untrue to say that I never post after victories.  I have even been seen in the local having a few pints with other more positive posters all too willing to pull my leg after we have strung a couple of results together (or brought an excuse for a manager in) and they are all on another misguided high.

Well, others can give it out, but just remember when we finally do go down that we/you could of done something about it and chose not to (on many occasions).

One question for you EM... what were your honest predictions for the last 3 or 4 seasons?  When did you first realise that something was seriously wrong at the top of our club???

You are one of the few on here who still tries to make out that I have got it oh so wrong and am some kind of chancer.

Please back up what you have said over the years before posting such utter dross!!!

[/quote]So get off your ar*e and do something about it then.You know where Carrow Road is don''t you? Turn up on Saturday,  start hollering and I''m sure you''ll get more than your fair share to join in.C''mon Mark, it ain''t that difficult. Stop winding people up on here and put your money where your mouth is action wise. You don''t need the say-so or backing from anyone on here to start do you? And there''s no shame in standing on your own for a while!Put your neck on the line and start the ball rolling… what have you got to lose?

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="hogesar"]I think we have to accept, Smudger''s irritating.[/quote][/quote]Rofl. I guess that''s what i was kind of meaning to say.Cheers for the correction Tim [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="er indoors"]That''s right bury your head in the sand and pretend it''s not happening Lappinitup- Smudger is balls on dead accurate and you know it pal[/quote]You''re wrong, he''s wrong and two wrongs don''t make a right! [;)][/quote]We''re Duned! Duned! Duned I tell ye!![:)][:)][:)]

Ta - I was waiting for someone to spot that.

The ability to edit a quote in a post does open up some great opportunities for the more michevious amongst us.

The irony of the situation is that Smudger is actually having the reverse effect to what he intends. Because he posts in such a condescending and sanctimonious manner to anyone who doesn''t agree with him 100%, he just comes across as a massive ego trip and ends up dissuading some of the more moderate fans from wanting to become involved in protests or action against the board. I would personally be all for a motion towards asking the board some serious questions about their mismanagement of the club in recent years (as Cityangel said earlier regarding the AGM, where Roeder took the brunt of the flak while the board members sat largely untroubled). However, when the supposed figurehead of anti-board activity on this board is so blatantly provocative and obnoxious to people, how can he possibly expect people to follow him like he''s the Pied Piper?Smudger, I suggest if you actually want to be a force for change and a force for good, you actually try to start discussing the club like an adult rather than screaming from the rooftops like a spoilt kid. I think you''d find a lot more people would be prepared to listen to you. If, however, ''being right'' is more important to you than actually making a positive effort towards trying to initiate change, then carry on making a laughing stock of yourself. Your views on the board aren''t radically different to my own, but the way you go about things just alienates you from a lot of people with a viewpoint quite similar to your own. Now come on people, let''s talk about it like adults.

You ever wondered why Smudge always replies to four or five posts at the same time? Probably takes him about 5 minutes or so........one-handed.

I''m more worried about Maximo Park and his and (their) knowledge of Russian literature personally.

If dear old Smudge wants to take me on about Russian literature I''d be up for it. 

English or Russian, I don''t care which.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="cityangel"]

I agree he''s annoying and its upsetting that he calls us fans all sorts of names but he has said for most of the season that the board would bring us down to rock bottom and he hasn''t got that wrong has he??

[/quote]But like I said before, him being right or consistent isn''t really the point. Being right doesn''t mean you''re entitled to mock and insult all those who aren''t. My issue is not really with his sentiments but rather the way which he chooses to express them. There''s no need for it and it would not be tolerated if it was an Ippo supporter on a wind up.[/quote]Like he hasn''t been mocked and insulted for his views before..........

[quote user="astrodyne"]Like he hasn''t been mocked and insulted for his views before..........[/quote]I''m not suggesting that Smudger is the only culprit but he is one of the main offenders and so should be treated the same as a scummer on a wind-up. [Y]

Smudger is what he is, and nothing will change that. Whether you throw insults at  him or try to argue rationally with him you will alter nothing. I''ve come to the conclusion that the only sensible approach is to either agree fulsomely with him, if that''s how you feel, which gives him the ego gratification he craves, or ignore him if you don''t like what he says, or how he says it. The courses of action which simply don''t work are starting a slanging match or trying to engage him in a measured debate, simply because he has absolutely no interest in anyone else''s point of view, other than to recieve praise.

I agree with other posters that he does, occasionally make some good points, but the calculated way in which he needles people means that they have less impact than they perhaps should.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Smudger is what he is, and nothing will change that. Whether you throw insults at  him or try to argue rationally with him you will alter nothing. I''ve come to the conclusion that the only sensible approach is to either agree fulsomely with him, if that''s how you feel, which gives him the ego gratification he craves, or ignore him if you don''t like what he says, or how he says it. The courses of action which simply don''t work are starting a slanging match or trying to engage him in a measured debate, simply because he has absolutely no interest in anyone else''s point of view, other than to recieve praise.

I agree with other posters that he does, occasionally make some good points, but the calculated way in which he needles people means that they have less impact than they perhaps should.

[/quote]

Every single sentence in the first paragraph is accompanied by the sound of banging of nails on heads and shots hitting bullseyes.

However I think Smudger started off as a stoker but has, over time, become just a gross caricature of himself that''s gone way past the point of irony. Because of that I think any ''good'' points he makes are lost in the maelstrom of stupidity or accompanied by an insult. I for one haven''t noticed anything worthwhile coming out of Smithy for over a year now.

Over 1000 views in less than 12 hrs, must say something though doesn''t it?

[quote user="cityangel"]Over 1000 views in less than 12 hrs, must say something though doesn''t it?[/quote]

It certainly does Angel mostly that people enjoy the insults heaped on him!

He does occasionaly make a good point but it is lost in the detritus of smears and insults.

I, like others, tried to advise him to "tone down" as this would allow his points to be truly digested. No he prefers his confrontational methods on here.

I gather he is not like that  "in the flesh" but  never having had the dubious pleasure of his company this can only be second hand information.

I think that Smudger and Tilly make guest appearances in the Nelson after the game on Saturdays so you could always catch them in there [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]Over 1000 views in less than 12 hrs, must say something though doesn''t it?[/quote]

Yep, before they were banned people would queue up to visit the Freak Show.

[quote user="cityangel"]I think that Smudger and Tilly make guest appearances in the Nelson after the game on Saturdays so you could always catch them in there [:D][/quote]

Tilly no longer likes being in the same sentence as Smudge Angel.[:O] I got my knuckles rapped for doing that last week[:$]

Still, Nelson only had one eye so maybe he didn''t notice[;)]

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="Smudger"]

Hi Guys and Girls...

Just popped in to say HELLO, seeing as some of my friends and much loved enemies were missing me so... [:S]

Anyhow, now it is time for me to leave you all to your impending doom.

But do not fear, I will be back come the end of the season to remind you all how silly you have been and how deserving you are of a club that has fallen in to the 3rd tier and who Delia still can''t find a buyer for at her over inflated prices.

Until then... ENJOY THE FOOTBALL  [;)]

[/quote]

Bye goat blower! I would like to say it''s been a pleasure but personally I think I''d find Michelle Mcmanus sitting on my face more enjoyable!

[/quote]

I always knew you were into that kind of stuff. Now tell me, would she have wiped before she sat down!?!