Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Impending Doom...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]To be fair to him. As annoying as he may be he has stuck to his point and, even if he may have come across a bit OTT, he''s slowly being proved right ...[/quote]I am sorry but if you believe that then you may as well also believe that we are all doomed and that the world will end. Both of these are true statements but it doesn''t make you right just because it happened in your liftime.Smudger has said that he despised Delia and the board since she became involved in the club. He claims that it is her decisions that are costing the club and that of the board as a whole. The problem here is that he never seems to acknowledge that she is one half of the majority share-holding partnership and MWJ probably has as much say in matters as she does - after all he publishes her books.Now the problem then becomes apparent in that he always said that Norwich City would do bad well for the majority of the years up until relegation from the prem, if not all of them, the current board took the club from effectively where we are now to the prem and almost staying there on a shoe string budget. This was all dismissed as "luck".I am sorry but because just because he said it would be this season for the last ten seasons and has maybe got it right once does not mean that he has been right all along. Respect - sure everyone deserves respect, but for disresepecting many regular posters on here by calling them sheep and blind followers etc don''t expect many to listen or respect anything he types. Every now and then he does post something relevent and intelligent but I am afraid I find those post very few and far between to the point that I rarely even bother to check these days.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]If the unthinkable happens and Norwich get relegated, this place will be flooded with mocking posts from our six-fingered neighbours from Suffolk. I''m sure that all such posts will be deleted and the accounts of those responsible rubbed out immediately. Will Smudger receive the same treatment? [I]
[/quote]

My god, have''nt thought of that. That would raise the bars of depression through the roof. I think its time we all started to support the club again. Pronto.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Hi Guys and Girls...

Just popped in to say HELLO, seeing as some of my friends and much loved enemies were missing me so... [:S]

Anyhow, now it is time for me to leave you all to your impending doom.

But do not fear, I will be back come the end of the season to remind you all how silly you have been and how deserving you are of a club that has fallen in to the 3rd tier and who Delia still can''t find a buyer for at her over inflated prices.

Until then... ENJOY THE FOOTBALL  [;)]

[/quote]

The sad thing is Smudger, if everybody had the same opinion as you there would be no one left to support the club. This post just makes you sound like a smug, petty idiot Im afraid. Its not your fellow fans you should be blaming for the clubs demise. They can''t overthrow Delia any more than you can so I dont really see what you are accusing the ''Guys and Girls'' of?

[quote user="The Butler"]Has any one got the cyber equivalent of preparation H so we can once and for all get rid of that bleeding anal itch!![/quote]

Try a red hot poker.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]

But like I said before, him being right or consistent isn''t really the point. Being right doesn''t mean you''re entitled to mock and insult all those who aren''t. My issue is not really with his sentiments but rather the way which he chooses to express them. There''s no need for it and it would not be tolerated if it was an Ippo supporter on a wind up.
[/quote]No being right doesn''t give anyone the right to mock and insult others and I have been at the resceiving end as well as most others.

All I was trying to say that he is right that we should have taken some action against the board ages ago because thats where the problem lies.[/quote]Apart from booing and hissing CA what other action should you have taken?

[/quote]

She could have rushed onto the pitch, ripped her blouse off and shown her Hucks Tattoo with the cry "Hows that for a left wing signing"

[/quote]

I have heard Butler that it might not be her blouse she has to rip off to expose her Hucks tattoo.Nuff said.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The Butler"]Has any one got the cyber equivalent of preparation H so we can once and for all get rid of that bleeding anal itch!![/quote]

Try a red hot poker.

[/quote]

Has much to Royal conotations for that[6]

He might even enjoy it!!

Until this thread appeared Smudger was last heard of encouraging Wolves to beat us with his "come on you Wolves"thread.They failed to put a smile on his face so hey ho he disappeared and two defeats later he is back lurking around like a bad smell.

Why he does not get himself a sandwich board similar to those used by the God Squad on Gentlemans Walk and parade up and down prior to home games outside Carrow road i just do not know.

Why doesn''t he quiz Neil Doncaster outside the club shop before the game or approach Roger Munby and MWJ  who chuff away outside the main entrance on their fags both before and after the game is another matter.

Smudger old boy instead of abusing and taking the pee out of the monkeys on this messageboard go and speak directly to the organ grinders.

To be fair to Mr Doncaster, he always makes himself available to the fans prior to the match.  He''s got balls.

[quote user="AndyJR"]To be fair to Mr Doncaster, he always makes himself available to the fans prior to the match.  He''s got balls.

[/quote]

At least he turns up unlike Smudger.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Smudger is what he is, and nothing will change that. Whether you throw insults at  him or try to argue rationally with him you will alter nothing. I''ve come to the conclusion that the only sensible approach is to either agree fulsomely with him, if that''s how you feel, which gives him the ego gratification he craves, or ignore him if you don''t like what he says, or how he says it. The courses of action which simply don''t work are starting a slanging match or trying to engage him in a measured debate, simply because he has absolutely no interest in anyone else''s point of view, other than to recieve praise.

I agree with other posters that he does, occasionally make some good points, but the calculated way in which he needles people means that they have less impact than they perhaps should.

[/quote]

This psychoanalysis of someone you''ve likely never met is pointless.  Your comment comes across as if you are his psychiatrist breaking the patient-doctor code, but you don''t know what he really is, just what he shows here.  There is very likely much more to the guy than his posts on Pinkun threads, so to conclude all these negativities about him is just silly.

From what I can tell, he does not WANT us to fail, but when he points out that the ways we are going about business are not going to work, he gets jumped on for not wearing his rose colored glasses and ignoring the stupid maneuvering repeatedly done by the board. So when things do look like they are going the way he thought they would, he is happy to shove it back in the faces of those who attacked him in the first place. He may not say this on here, but I bet he is as happy as any of us when City do well. He has referred to the promotion season several times, and in a favorable way. As such, he is obviously a fan and not an interloper from Ipsbitch.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Until this thread appeared Smudger was last heard of encouraging Wolves to beat us with his "come on you Wolves"thread.They failed to put a smile on his face so hey ho he disappeared and two defeats later he is back lurking around like a bad smell.

Why he does not get himself a sandwich board similar to those used by the God Squad on Gentlemans Walk and parade up and down prior to home games outside Carrow road i just do not know.

Why doesn''t he quiz Neil Doncaster outside the club shop before the game or approach Roger Munby and MWJ  who chuff away outside the main entrance on their fags both before and after the game is another matter.

Smudger old boy instead of abusing and taking the pee out of the monkeys on this messageboard go and speak directly to the organ grinders.

[/quote]

Been there and done it Tilly (many times).

Which are you?

The organ grinder or the monkey???

Remember nothing personal... should see you Saturday for a pint... that is if you can bear to be in the same room as me but not the same sentance??? [B] [*-)]

I think we can really reduce the psychoanalysis by pointing out the obvious, which is that he is a tiresome and pointless individual and not worth the time or effort it takes to.....

What the hell am I doing? [:^)]

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]ha ha Smudger your a fool! you think you can get back on our side![/quote]

On whose side?

Not on anybodys side except the long term good of NCFC.

If it is the NCISA you are referring to they are supposed to be there for all NCFC fans.

Just because I do not agree with the decisions they as a committee have chosen to make, does not make me any less a fan of the club.

As I have stated before, are all those who have said lets do nothing going to finally HOLD THEIR HANDS UP and admit they were in the wrong if we are relegated this season or if we find ourselves in the same scenario, or an even worse position this time next year???

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

This psychoanalysis of someone you''ve likely never met is pointless. 

[/quote]

From what I can tell.........

[/quote]That was truly impressive [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Hi Guys and Girls...

Just popped in to say HELLO, seeing as some of my friends and much loved enemies were missing me so... [:S]

But do not fear, I will be back come the end of the season to remind you all how silly you have been and how deserving you are of a club that has fallen in to the 3rd tier and who Delia still can''t find a buyer for at her over inflated prices.

[/quote]Mods, why do you allow posts like this?

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="Smudger"]

Hi Guys and Girls...

[/quote]

Bye goat blower! I would like to say it''s been a pleasure but personally I think I''d find Michelle Mcmanus sitting on my face more enjoyable!

[/quote]

I always knew you were into that kind of stuff. Now tell me, would she have wiped before she sat down!?!

[/quote]

[:P][:|][:^)][:''(][+o(]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

This psychoanalysis of someone you''ve likely never met is pointless. 

[/quote]

From what I can tell.........

[/quote]

That was truly impressive [Y]

[/quote]

Yes, I prefaced my comment with a caveat, as opposed to those who make conclusive diagnoses on Smudger.  I did not say that "he is", only how he seems to be from what I''ve read.  Thanks for the back up on that, Shack.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]To be fair to him. As annoying as he may be he has stuck to his point and, even if he may have come across a bit OTT, he''s slowly being proved right ...[/quote]Are you kidding? He has been consistently wrong, ever since I''ve come on here he has predicted that we will be getting relegated for certain, last season according to Smudge, we were definates for the drop, we didn''t get relegated..... he''s just a doom mongerer, we''ll stay up this year and next year he will predict the same things over again.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]ha ha Smudger your a fool! you think you can get back on our side![/quote]

On whose side?

If it is the NCISA you are referring to they are supposed to be there for all NCFC fans.

Just because I do not agree with the decisions they as a committee have chosen to make, does not make me any less a fan of the club.

As I have stated before, are all those who have said lets do nothing going to finally HOLD THEIR HANDS UP and admit they were in the wrong if we are relegated this season or if we find ourselves in the same scenario, or an even worse position this time next year???

[/quote]

Yes Smudger NCISA is there for all NCFC fans.

The big problem you have is that listening to many of them and reading what they say it is obvious they do not all agree with your thoughts.

Therefore when NCISA do not take your revolutionary approach we end up being called fools and clowns.

Democracy is the word that seems to have passed you by in that respect.

Anyway mine will be a pint of Becks.

What really fascinates me is that both Smudger and Cluck have recently made gnomic utterances about " taking the club back after the sheep have finished bringing it to its knees". I for one can''t wait to see the great man actually do something instead of talking about it.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Hi Guys and Girls...

[/quote]

You have my admiration for staying the course with the numbnuts on here who have failed to see the facts laid out before them in glorious technicolour.

They are getting exactly what they deserve...but are taking the long term and much suffering genuine (and I use that term advisedly) supporters down with them. The complacency and short-sightedness of these short term "fans" is seeing the end of a once proud club having sold their souls to a tv cook out to line her own nest. For them they can simply move onto a more successful club when it suits...and good riddance when they do.

I feel some sympathy for Gunn who is like a rabbit caught in the headlights and is totally out of his depth...but then Smith would happily hide behind anything held in regard by the majority of the club''s faithful if it might help save her own skin.

See you in League One then Smudge!

[quote user="Beauseant"]What really fascinates me is that both Smudger and Cluck have recently made gnomic utterances about " taking the club back after the sheep have finished bringing it to its knees". I for one can''t wait to see the great man actually do something instead of talking about it.[/quote]

With one misplaced word you managed to conjur up the dreaded egg laying monster.

Just don''t mention the war!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]What really fascinates me is that both Smudger and Cluck have recently made gnomic utterances about " taking the club back after the sheep have finished bringing it to its knees". I for one can''t wait to see the great man actually do something instead of talking about it.[/quote]

With one misplaced word you managed to conjur up the dreaded egg laying monster.

Just don''t mention the war!!

[/quote]

Damn, that''ll teach me to dabble with necromancy![:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"]

On whose side?

[/quote]

Yes Smudger NCISA is there for all NCFC fans.

The big problem you have is that listening to many of them and reading what they say it is obvious they do not all agree with your thoughts.

Therefore when NCISA do not take your revolutionary approach we end up being called fools and clowns.

Democracy is the word that seems to have passed you by in that respect.

Anyway mine will be a pint of Becks.

[/quote]

Ahh but where are these results Tilly???

We still haven''t seen them have we?

We all know that I am a vsionary ahead of my time, so I will just have to grit my teeth again and give you lot another 6 months to a year to catch up with me wont I??

Seriously, I can''t believe how anybody still thinks this kind of approach will benefit the club in the long term.

I understand the short term objective of survival this season, but even that is starting to look hopeful at best.

See you Saturday (before or after)... [B]

PS - I will be there even if we win (and half expect us to given our nature to tease over the last few years).

[quote user="ricky knight"]The laugh is the people knocking Smudger are showing in this thread the same arrogance and smugness they accuse him of.[/quote]

Exactly Ricky... and some claim I am the only one who plays the game.... really does make you chuckle doesn''t it??? [:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"]The laugh is the people knocking Smudger are showing in this thread the same arrogance and smugness they accuse him of.[/quote]

Or just trying to have bit of friendly banter to lighten the mood. We can be concerned about the situation without becoming manic depressives Ricky. Lighten up.[;)]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]To be fair to him. As annoying as he may be he has stuck to his point and, even if he may have come across a bit OTT, he''s slowly being proved right ...[/quote]

Are you kidding? He has been consistently wrong, ever since I''ve come on here he has predicted that we will be getting relegated for certain, last season according to Smudge, we were definates for the drop, we didn''t get relegated..... he''s just a doom mongerer, we''ll stay up this year and next year he will predict the same things over again.
[/quote]

Ahh but did I predict relegation at the start of this season Ellis?

Did I?  Did I???

No I don''t think I did.... I said 16th at the beginning of the season and the majority of you thought that was me being positive (maybe it was).

The vast majority of you all said higher than 16th.

Again I ask you... who has been closest in predicting what position City will finish in over the last 3 seasons on this message board.

You and I both know that I have been one of the closest.