Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Shack is back

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Ok I try to turn a relative negative and make something positive, he said  ''''I saw and spoke to the gaffer last Tuesday and I''m obviously happy to come back to a place I know so well and now just want to help us get away from the bottom of the table.

"I want to play games and it''s a good opportunity for me especially at a club with so many players I know so well''''.

I guess every little helps [:)]

[/quote]

I get your drift 49, but picture Doc and Shacks across the middle?  [:''(]

[quote user="glove1"]great to see the usual positivity on here[/quote]

Shackell wasn''t good enough when he was here before and hasn''t exactly been very good at Wolves, I think many of us are desperate to be positive about our club when there is something to be positive about. This move doesn''t fall into that category, the only positive I can see is that there''s another player in the squad.

Does anyone think it''s interesting that a second player has returned to City since Roeder left?

I was hoping for Andrew Davies by the way - I take it this means that deal is definitely off??

Ok I try to turn a relative negative and make something positive, he said  ''''I saw and spoke to the gaffer last Tuesday and I''m obviously happy to come back to a place I know so well and now just want to help us get away from the bottom of the table.

"I want to play games and it''s a good opportunity for me especially at a club with so many players I know so well''''.

[/quote]

I think it is interesting that Shacks uses the expression "us" when talking about the position we are in.

[quote user="BarclayChuck"]If we''re getting in Shackell does that mean the chance of Andrew Davies coming in is passing us by?[/quote]

Quite. One is on Premier League wages, the other isn''t.

Marshall; Otsemobar; Docherty; Shackell; Drury. With Croft; Fotheringham; Russell and Cureton. Sounds familiar. It''s almost as though Roeder had never been here.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]on loan til end of season[/quote]

Please God no!

[/quote]

Thought you were not contributing to any more amusing threads today.

This one is the funniest yet[;)]

Dumb and Dumber part 2.

Such a bacward step - this ex canary thing is getting beyond a joke - crichton replaces the man that replaced gunns inability to be goal keeper coach and now we the return of the poor shackell instead of davies who would at least have something to play for.

Shacks will have to play well to win over his last 2 years performances

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I think it is interesting that Shacks uses the expression "us" when talking about the position we are in.

[/quote]

Maybe he misses the club, who knows, but he certainly gives that impression in his statement.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]on loan til end of season[/quote]

Please God no!

[/quote]

Thought you were not contributing to any more amusing threads today.

This one is the funniest yet[;)]

Dumb and Dumber part 2.

[/quote]

I didn''t say I would be refraining from posting on any tragic ones, though.

[quote user="Polar"]at least he shouldn''t have to gel in and he does know the club... better than nothing.
[/quote]

My initial thoughts were, oh god no, then laughing, and now sitting thinking it''s not such a bad idea lol he knows the Club, he''s not that bad a player, obviously still cares enough about us, as his statement kinda shows. [:S][:)]

Sella player for a million then get him back on loan. I really cannot believe this but I''m not quite sure what to think. Shacks really lost his way at City but as tescos say "every little helps". Plus Grounds has hardly been rock solid.

[quote user="Polar"]at least he shouldn''t have to gel in and he does know the club... better than nothing.
[/quote]

My initial thoughts were, oh god no, then laughing, and now sitting thinking it''s not such a bad idea lol he knows the Club, he''s not that bad a player, obviously still cares enough about us, as his statement kinda shows. [:S][:)]

[/quote]He was good enough for Wolves to pay £800,000 for him. They haven''t played him much though. As a partnership with Docherty it should be OK ( I think ).

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]Sella player for a million then get him back on loan. I really cannot believe this but I''m not quite sure what to think. Shacks really lost his way at City but as tescos say "every little helps". Plus Grounds has hardly been rock solid.[/quote]And Grounds is a left back really.

lets be honest its another backward step by gunn. cureton and shackell were shipped out for a good reason and reagrdless of the fact roeder was the man to do it 90% of us fans agreed it was time for them to move on and supported the decision.

since cureton has returned roeders judgement has been proved correct and i can only see it happen again with shacks. in fact looking at what gunns done so far it is worrying, bringing players like shackell and cureton back and letting players like lupes and bell leave!

This has to be the most stupid bit of business i have ever seen a Norwich manager do. The thing is, we already know that Shackell aint very good and it was amazing that wolves paid 1 million for him. Then they found out for themselves how crap he was, hence why he doesn''t play!! More money on wages wasted on crap players!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

lets be honest its another backward step by gunn. cureton and shackell were shipped out for a good reason and reagrdless of the fact roeder was the man to do it 90% of us fans agreed it was time for them to move on and supported the decision.

since cureton has returned roeders judgement has been proved correct and i can only see it happen again with shacks. in fact looking at what gunns done so far it is worrying, bringing players like shackell and cureton back and letting players like lupes and bell leave!

[/quote]

With due respect Lups wanted to leave, you can''t make a player play for you if he doesn''t want to be here[:)]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Good news for those with Shackell on the back of their shirts.

Now where''s that Huckerby shirt I had.....

[/quote]

Oh no Pete, don''t get them started about Huck''s coming back lol [:D]

Lupoli didn''t want to be here and Bell was hardly setting the world alight!Bigger picture though is that we got the best part of a million quid for someone we couldn''t really afford to lose as defensive cover, who was better than Grounds and who we''ve now got back on wages only having banked the transfer fee. Seems like reasonable business to me.

What the hell is going on at this club?

Judging by Gunn''s comments yesterday about him expecting D''urso to do us a favour because of a Sony CD Walkman he gave him at his testimonial 12 years ago, I am now fully of the opinion that this man does not have a clue!