Sign in to follow this  
coops

FOZZY, WORST MIDFIELDER EVER TO HAVE WORN A CANARY SHIRT!!!

Can''t believe some of the rubbish posted on here by certain individuals. Fotheringham had a very decent game last night capped off by scoring a goal. There were several players who were not as good as him last night. Typical of our supporters, we always seem to need a scapegoat to put all blame on.

Interesting that 3 managers now seem to rate him more than a few individuals on this message board.

I do think Fotheringham has some nice touches and I think he knows how to play the game but unfortunately he struggles to make an impact. He never quite gets there.

A lack of pace costs him and us big style.

I''d be worried if Gunny and crew thought he was the long term answer in midfield.

[quote user="golden coppel"]

jarret and robinson in midfield, thats enough to make any pub team jealous

[/quote]

Plus Neil Emblem, Des Hamilton, Shaun Carey, Peter Grant, Mike Milligan (oh come on, he was crap) and don''t forget Mr Daryl Sutch played in centre mid a fair few times.... ugh.

You''re kidding me?

Fozzy was the unsung hero last night. Charged forward for the goal, showed passion, went into tackles on the ground and in the air, make intelligent passes, and looked creative.

Well at least we have the opportunity to find out if we can play without him now.  He is likely to be out on Friday with an achilles injury and he is banned from the game next week so someone has the opportunity of relacing him and making the role his own.  And if I say I hope they do, it sums up my thoughts on Fozzy too!

Another example of unneccessary extremism. Fozzy is nowhere near the worst midfielder we''ve ever had. He can pass over long and short distances, but is inconsistent, he works hard but is hampered by a lack of pace, he tackles well but can often go missing and lose his influence in the game. Overall I''d describe him as average. No better or worse than most Championship midfielders. Personally I''d play Clingan, Pattison or Russell ahead of him every time because of their greater consistency and seemingly less-fragile confidence, but I don''t see his name on the team sheet and think "Oh God, we''ve lost it already" as I would do had Simon Tracey been named Goalkeeper.

He''s a decent player and had a good game last night. Anyone who says he is our worst midfielder ever isn''t either an idiot or has only been attending matches for six months. He''s not even the worst midfielder in our current squad. I don''t think he''ll ever be a legendary player for us, and I doubt his credentials as captain, however the level of criticism is ridiculous.

Just out of interest who thinks Doherty is the worst defender ever? Because there were a fair few of you saying it last year, anyone still think this? We''d be bottom of the league without the Doc.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]Another example of unneccessary extremism. Fozzy is nowhere near the worst midfielder we''ve ever had. He can pass over long and short distances, but is inconsistent, he works hard but is hampered by a lack of pace, he tackles well but can often go missing and lose his influence in the game. Overall I''d describe him as average. No better or worse than most Championship midfielders. Personally I''d play Clingan, Pattison or Russell ahead of him every time because of their greater consistency and seemingly less-fragile confidence, but I don''t see his name on the team sheet and think "Oh God, we''ve lost it already" as I would do had Simon Tracey been named Goalkeeper.[/quote]

Pretty much agree with this.

Average would probably be way to describe him and likewise I would also play Clingan, Pattison or Russell ahead of him.

I think some people tend to overrate him as being some kind of unsung hero who does all this great work that others don''t see, which isn''t the case. And then the other end of the spectrum is people who think he''s a rubbish footballer, which he is not.

He''s a decent player but not quite good enough to take us forward.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]I don''t see his name on the team sheet and think "Oh God, we''ve lost it already" as I would do had Simon Tracey been named Goalkeeper.[/quote]Or as I would when the midfield ''dream team'' of Hughes and Robinson were announced in our starting XI.  Or when Graham Stuart was lumped into the team to cover for David Bentley in our Prem season.  Or when Shaun Carey and Mike Milligan were................................. well, I could go on...

I thought Fozzy played well last night as well!! Worst player for us last night I thought was Jon Otsemobor by a ountry mile!!!

I was about to say the same thing about semmy , who is the weakest defender we have at the moment, but that doesnt mean I''m going to come on here posting ridiculous posts about him being the worst norwich right back of all time.

I have to concede that Fozzy had a decent game last night too.

not his  greatest fan but did all right last night just needs to push on a bit instead of going backwards and side way just remember Andy hughes  Carl  Robinson, and Mark Rivers for real dross in midfield

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]This mans football skills are dire.
Deffo the worst human to EVER wear a norwich city shit
[/quote]

What a load of tripe, he`s a low grade Championship player, not great but ok. He scored last night and  deserves our support so  get your head out of your arse, and the  rest of you having a go at our team and support your club!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

[/quote]

What a load of tripe, he`s a low grade Championship player, not great but ok. He scored last night and  deserves our support so  get your head out of your arse, and the  rest of you having a go at our team and support your club!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote]

[/quote]

Good point, But we heard the first time! Haha

This is moronic anyone who thinks Fotheringham is the worse midfielder to have ever played for norwich has only been watching us for the last year or has spent all the previous games they attended fast asleep. I could name 20 players to have played for us over the years poorer than Fotheringham off the top of my head especially if you count the players who have had the odd match. Ok i dont think he''s particularly good and would prefer Russell or Pattison, but give the guy a break, this sort of witch hunt is helping him or the team!

He''s not the reason we''re doing badly the fact we only have one centre back and no forwards who can lead the line has more to do with it, aswell as a certain Mr Roeder ripping the guts out of our club and pi**ing all the cash away on loans.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

This is moronic anyone who thinks Fotheringham is the worse midfielder to have ever played for norwich has only been watching us for the last year or has spent all the previous games they attended fast asleep. I could name 20 players to have played for us over the years poorer than Fotheringham off the top of my head especially if you count the players who have had the odd match. Ok i dont think he''s particularly good and would prefer Russell or Pattison, but give the guy a break, this sort of witch hunt is helping him or the team!

He''s not the reason we''re doing badly the fact we only have one centre back and no forwards who can lead the line has more to do with it, aswell as a certain Mr Roeder ripping the guts out of our club and pi**ing all the cash away on loans.

[/quote]

Correct!

The amount of ''sheep'' on this forum is embarrassing!

The Fotheringhams cr*p myth/campaign or whatever you call it has been building up all year and now so many are jumping on the bandwagon just like we''ve seen with the Doc in the past - I don''t bear to think about where we would be without the Ginger Pele this season!

Fotheringhams had a poor season and should not be captain but other than that you need a squad and he is a very capable player on his day which unfortunately has been not enough this season!

As for worst midfielder ever - get real!

- I can think of David Smith, Shaun Carey, Rossi Jarvis, Keiron Gibbs, James Henry, Cedric Anselin, De Blassis, Paul Dalglish, Ian Henderson, Simon Ratcliffe, Des Hamilton, straight away that were really bad midfielders none of whom would get close to Fotheringham!

I''m no Fotheringham fan but I do try to be realistic which some on here struggle with!

[quote user="Steeevo"]

[quote]

[/quote]

Good point, But we heard the first time! Haha

[/quote]

Anyway, hope  the bugs are gone out of my lap top now, I  dont know why everything  went strange.

Why  do we have people on here and in  the ground that try to crucify indevidual players, we have had cra..p players in the past, but at the  moment, unfortunately we are lacking real quality, but  the  players we do have are ok. Nothing great but dont deserve to be singled out for abuse. I sit in the snake pit and  there are a few young  bucks around there who seem to think that supporting a team really has  to involve  slagging off a few of  our players. There  must be a testosterone thing here that has gone seriously wrong, too  much wan..ing going on? 

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="coops"]Why are we intent on playing Fotheringham when he constantly shows no ability? I can only think he talks a good game hence the reason he was made captain. Tonight he touched the ball a dozen times and although he scored I am basing my opinion on the season so far. He played 3 yards ahead of Doc, sitting far too deep and allowing the opposition to push us even further back. A fantasic clearance from a saints corner went all of 10 yards straight to their player who''s deflected shot went in. I suppose he will always play as he''s scottish and Gunn will want to look after his North of the boarder friends. Clingan has carried him long enough and his back must be so sore!!!!![/quote] 100% correct. he cost us big time again tonight[/quote]How has he cost us? Take away his goal and his mistake and its 1-1 you fool. Grounds cost us the 3 points with his woeful marking leaving his man Saganowski with a free head. You can also argue Cureton cost us for failing to put us 3-0 up.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Did Fozzy ost us today? because i seem to remember he scored which is far more than the light weight Clingan actually did yet he got MOTM... i can only imagine Sammys mum was picking the man of the match last night.

jas :)

[/quote]Jas your one of the posters on here that i agree with a lot but what are you on boy, Clingan was superb again last night, hence MOTM. He ran the midfield, his passing was positive and at times cross field and accurate, switching play well. He won a lot of the 50/50''s and won the ball back numerous times, and more importantly kept possession. For me he is the driving force behind our possession football. Please explain to me why you think he didnt play well.