Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

The Board or The Manager

The board by a quite large margin.

The board have to take responsibility for the financial mismanagement at the club and the appointment of Peter Grant; both of which have left a club in dire need of funds but up to the eyeballs in debt.

I fully appreciate the difficulties facing the club in terms financial stability, and I would not believe that a change in the boardroom would actually free up funds for the team unless a wealthy benefactor appeared out of nowhere. Overall though the last few years have seen major failures in he boardroom, and nobody has had the decency to take responsibility for them.

My statement on Grant is wrong:

Should have read that the financial mismanagement and the appointment of Peter Grant left the club in dire need of players but up to the eyeballs in debt.

Apologies.

[quote user="Tickers"]My statement on Grant is wrong:

Should have read that the financial mismanagement and the appointment of Peter Grant left the club in dire need of players but up to the eyeballs in debt.

Apologies.[/quote]Good correction IMO, the Grant era produced a net profit on player transfers which makes it awkward for those who choose to blame Grant for wasting the Clubs money. Truth is other than very short term there wasn''t any.As for the OP''s question it has to be the Board Walker, - The most succesful manager in this Clubs historyRioch,Hamilton,Worthington, - Currently an International managerGrantDuffy,Roeder.All bad managers?or all managers working within a budget which came second to the property/restaurant empire building budget?Take Worthy out and we''ve an average managerial tenure of approx 12 months under Delia, hardly proof that she runs a happy ship.

well board but honestly the answer IS both regardless of whether you allow it or not in the answer.

The board must answer for years of decline

The manager must answer for chronic misuse of resources, shoddy man managment and tactics that bewilder

I want both the board and the manager to go cause they are both no good for this club but in terms of the board unless someone comes in to buy them out theres little we or they can do!

The manager is diiferent and the board could make a good move by shot of the useless t*at! 

Roeder has had money  albeit, rather dripfed to him and we are below clubs that get half our crowds so using the clubs less than ideal financial state as an excuse for Rodents woeful record is not right!

Therefore if I had a choice it would be Roeder(nowhere) to go first by a Country mile!

I find it quite unbelieveable that people still defend Roeder(nowhere)!

Another difference between the board and Roeder(nowhere) is that the board admit they are past their sell by date while Roeder(NOWHERE) will continue to blame everything and everyone bar himself and hang on for dear life although I suspect going on by whats hes said to various media sources lately deep down he knows hes no good as Norwich City manager!

I respect the board for putting their money where their mouths are and they do want the best for our club but have made too many mistakes and need to go!

But Roeder(nowhere) has to go ASAP! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Another difference between the board and Roeder(nowhere) is that the board admit they are past their sell by date while Roeder(NOWHERE) will continue to blame everything and everyone bar himself and hang on for dear life although I suspect going on by whats hes said to various media sources lately deep down he knows hes no good as Norwich City manager!

I respect the board for putting their money where their mouths are and they do want the best for our club but have made too many mistakes and need to go!

[/quote]

Well whats Delia put in £12 million approx reportedly in twelve or thirteen seasons, easy Smith and Jones!. A lot of money to most people but in footballing terms peanuts!

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="Tickers"]My statement on Grant is wrong: Should have read that the financial mismanagement and the appointment of Peter Grant left the club in dire need of players but up to the eyeballs in debt. Apologies.[/quote]

Good correction IMO, the Grant era produced a net profit on player transfers which makes it awkward for those who choose to blame Grant for wasting the Clubs money. Truth is other than very short term there wasn''t any.

As for the OP''s question it has to be the Board

Walker, - The most succesful manager in this Clubs history
Rioch,
Hamilton,
Worthington, - Currently an International manager
Grant
Duffy,
Roeder.

All bad managers?
or all managers working within a budget which came second to the property/restaurant empire building budget?
Take Worthy out and we''ve an average managerial tenure of approx 12 months under Delia, hardly proof that she runs a happy ship.

[/quote]

Great post the Prisoner!, BOARD OUT !and they should give the club away to Cullum now for nothing and should hang there heads in shame for putting our club in its worst position for many a year!

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Well whats Delia put in £12 million approx reportedly in twelve or thirteen seasons, easy Smith and Jones!. A lot of money to most people but in footballing terms peanuts!

[/quote]About half that I think you''ll find.The £12m figure came from a valuation of shares at the latest price of £30 per share, not actual financial input. Delia and Michael bought approx £8m of their shareholding (at £30 per share)at a giveawy price of £700k from Geoffrey Watling. CanaryNut, and others have spelled this out in great depth and accuracy I''m surprised people are still being taken in by the spin of the friendly journalists at myfootballwriter.com.

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

About half that I think you''ll find.

The £12m figure came from a valuation of shares at the latest price of £30 per share, not actual financial input. Delia and Michael bought approx £8m of their shareholding (at £30 per share)at a giveawy price of £700k from Geoffrey Watling. CanaryNut, and others have spelled this out in great depth and accuracy I''m surprised people are still being taken in by the spin of the friendly journalists at myfootballwriter.com.
[/quote]

I emailed Cuffley to substantiate the £12m figure.  No reply.......

As you rightly point out, they CANNOT possibly have put £12m in as they got the original 40% from Watling for £700k and the rest of the loans were converted at £25 per share.

Board out, obviously.

[/quote]What better options are then then grantroederdisaster(nowhere)? Malky and Aidy? You would moan to hell when that brand of frankly crappy football wasnt working, want Curbishly? Forget it, never happen. How about Jewell? Nope, unlikely and he has no better a record at Derby than GR. You aint looking at the bigger picture are you grantroederdisaster(nowhere)? We have a decent enough manager, but no money and seemingly no desire from the board.The board need to either ship out or find massive investment. 

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

One or the other......who would you want to go. Dont answer both! Me.......

The Board

[/quote]

THE BOARD!

THE BOARD!

THE BOARD!

THE BOARD!

THE BOARD!

THE BOARD!

[/quote]

Yes the board (Smith and Jones) have stated they are willing to sell (although this isn''t the same as admitting they past their sell by date - I can''t ever imagine Smith. Munby & Doomcaster ever admitting this).

But they have only done this now they have finally realised that they have dug us into a hole that they can''t get us out of - it has been their strategies and policies over the past 5 years (and over) around  investing in off field activities rather than prioritising funds on what should be the life blood of the club - the TEAM..they are therefore primarily responsible and if anyone should go it should be them.. by saying they are willing to sell - does not, and should not absolve them from wrath of the supporters..

The manager. Although I want the board out aswell so it was quite a hard question. I based this on the fact I don''t find Delia and the rest of the board very annoying. As for Roeder. I can''t stand him. and I hate having our clubs future in his hands ...

first the board, then anyone without love for the club. how about this for saving money, no win , no pay.

The manager.  He did the job he was hired to do, keep us up.  His record stated longer term he is no saviour, the Board should realise that now. [:|]Having barely been this season I won''t be buying a season ticket next year.  My enthusiasm for NCFC has been sucked dry of late.[:(]

The manager;

He cant motivate HIS squad and I dont see that Roeder has a vision to improve the league position.  8th largest budget, 5th worst team.  Huge under performance based on teh RESOURCES UNDER HIS CONTROL. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

The manager;

He cant motivate HIS squad and I dont see that Roeder has a vision to improve the league position.  8th largest budget, 5th worst team.  Huge under performance based on teh RESOURCES UNDER HIS CONTROL. 

[/quote]

I''m with Zipper on this one.  He has been given the tools to do the job, but hasn''t converted them into results.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

The manager;

[/quote]

I''m with Zipper on this one.  He has been given the tools to do the job, but hasn''t converted them into results.

[/quote]Ummm, where is the money then? 8th largest budget??? I dont get it, I''m not calling you liars, I''m simply asking because I dont know. What resources has he got\had? I seriously dont see it...Derby spent millions (well, 3 or 4 I think) and look where they are. GR hasn''t had anywhere near that to spend, I cant see players in costing more than a million, although loans obviously cost in wages and loan fee''s (for some of them)...