Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Charlton were the worst side to visit Carrow Road so far this season

Watching Charlton today, I couldn''t help but think they were the worst side to visit Carrow Road this season. Putting aside the fact at times Norwich could quite comfortably make this list, who else this season has failed to impress you?

Charlton and Doncaster do seem doomed to relegation;  v poor sides indeed.

I thought Blackpool were as bad as Charlton and remember thinking that day that they looked odds on for relegation, they offered very little threat on the day and yet still managed to leave here with a point mainly because we were so poor. There have been a few teams come here and looked poor but have managed to walk away with a point or three because of our failings. Even Birmingham were crap but we still somehow managed to let them get away with a point they didn''t deserve.

I thought Doncaster looked a good team, just had nothing in the final third of the field, apart from that they played some decent football and were quite strong defensivley. Charlton were poor yesterday, and would be my vote for worst team to visit Carrow Road this season, the worst team I''ve seen overall this season was Watford, which was worrying as we still lost 2-1!!!

I didn''t see Doncaster but Charlton are head and shoulders the worse team I''ve seen at CR this season. Their heads dropped bad when they conceded, it looks very much like they are relegation favourites. The quality of the whole game was some of the worst this season and 1-0 flattered Charlton.

got be pretty poor for someone to out do wolves sensational display at your place

some of the worst defending ive ever witnessed

TheMarshmallowMonkey wrote the following post at 20/12/2008 9:35 PM:

Watching Charlton today, I couldn''t help but think they were the worst side to visit Carrow Road this season.

Putting aside the fact at times Norwich could quite comfortably make this list, who else this season has failed to impress you?

You must remember that we have been modelling ourselves on Charlton for the last few years so perhaps we have some more bad days to come.

I think the point being made is that if struggle as we did on Saturday to get three points against the worst team I have seen down here for a long long time then it doesn''t bode well for us getting three points against the better teams. Fortunately we know we can play a lot better than we did on Saturday and we''re going to need to. The main encouragement I took out of Saturday is that on that performance Charlton look nailed on for League 1 as do Doncaster meaning that there is only one place left for us to avoid.  

Some people simply cannot resist the urge to knock the team they supposedly support.

We all know Norwich have been pretty dire. I was actually hoping for more conversation about opposition teams, rather than thread #2078662 about how bad we are. Seems some people are unable to talk about anything else.

Not much to choose between Charlton and Doncaster and we struggled to beat them both.

However, we more than held our own against Wolves and Birmingham and where are they in the league?

I still haven''t seen a game this season, other than the Scum game on Sky, so I''m going to go for them...Could have been there Saturday, I was supposed to be in town and a mate had offered me a ticket... then the missus went and broke her foot! How rude.... [:(]

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

Not much to choose between Charlton and Doncaster and we struggled to beat them both.

However, we more than held our own against Wolves and Birmingham and where are they in the league?

[/quote]

Thank heavens, a sensible post on this topic!

We won, which was what was required. Against Brum we were the better side yet only got a point. That''s how football works,but at the end of the day league position is dictated by points, not performances. Last week people were saying they''d swap pretty football for some ugly wins, now we''ve won ugly the purists are moaning.Sheesh!!!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Watching Charlton today, I couldn''t help but think they were the worst side to visit Carrow Road this season.

Putting aside the fact at times Norwich could quite comfortably make this list, who else this season has failed to impress you?
[/quote]

Worst side to visit Carrow Road this season ? Norwich City . Worst manager Glenn Roeder.

Pride Park programme notes suggest it''s Norwich and the Rams would love to play us every week.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Worst side to visit Carrow Road this season ? Norwich City . Worst manager Glenn Roeder.

Pride Park programme notes suggest it''s Norwich and the Rams would love to play us every week.

[/quote]

Except Norwich don''t visit Carrow Road, do they?. Read the question. Again, just criticism for the sake of criticism.

Donny were better than Charlton.. Donny''s main problem was that they appeared to be playing without a striker (I mean, who would ever try anything so stupid!!!) whereas Charlton''s problem seemed to be they had no backbone, confidence or application.

Charlton easily the worst team I have seen this year and considering the result it was the worst game I have seen in a good long while... though that may have been the hangover and the fact I was in the N&P lower - Best quote heard "Fancy Norwich!  You''re too bloody fancy!" yelled over and over and over....

Funnily enough, although I thought that Charlton were poor, the match report on Radio 5 Live suggested that at times we looked more like Arsenal than Norwich in the first half!  I think that their guy at the match had been sampling too many pints of Woodfordes ''Tinseltoes''.

I thought it was an excellent midfield display from us, and seriously positive if we can build on this, making a mockery of the inappropriate ''worse team I can remember'' type comments. 

On loan, or just visiting, not a lot of difference. 

Sorry could not resist that one.

Charlton by far the worse side to visit Carrow Road this season. I do think that it is of concern that we struggled to beat them. Yes we have played better but that does not guarentee us a win. It is going to be crucial how many points we pick up over the festive period. We have got another potential poor team at Carrow road next in Forrest. We need something out of that game.

Nice to say it but Ipswich were dire as well. There seem to be a real lack of quality in this league this season, particulary the lower half. That for me makes our position all the more worrying 

Charlton are doomed! They have been awful from what ive seen of them, Wolves also overated and just waiting for the wheels to fall off there, although they do have the best 2 forward partnership in this league in my opinion, there defence is shocking.