Sign in to follow this  
Cannycanary

Survey are you Pro or Anti board

Hi,  I will get the check the browser compatibility for firefox checked out this week, thanks for pointing it out to me. ( Much appreciated )

Please forgive my error.

Regards Steve

Anti-Board - if anyone has been paying attention the past few years they would realize we need changes at the top, and we need them fast :(

Anti board change at the very top is desperately needed at this club.  Why is it that Delia & Michael have still not stated themselves that the club is for sale.  Doncaster/Munby have inferred it may be but why havent we heard it from the two that matters.

So thanks for what youve done but get out now because how much worse can things really get?? At least we might savour a win or tow in league 1!!

I think Norwich fans generally are too soft on the board, but hopefully that will change. They have been out of their depth for many years, but fans still dine out on the falsehood that Delia and Michael ''saved'' the club. They didn''t - they helped and got two very cheap seats on the board as a result.

People will not invest in the club while Delia is still here. I know several businessmen who do not rate or trust her - at least where money is concerned. I''m sorry to have to announce to all Delia lovers that she is the problem, but she is.

She is slowly taking the club down the pan. But what will the fans do about it?

Totally pro board,when are you lot going to get real and see we are a small club and are probaley overachiving,God we have lost 2 games on the trot to chelsea and man utd,what did you expect.all i will say is up the tigers and the board has my full support

[quote user="we are rubbish"]

Totally pro board,when are you lot going to get real and see we are a small club and are probaley overachiving,God we have lost 2 games on the trot to chelsea and man utd,what did you expect.all i will say is up the tigers and the board has my full support

[/quote]oh sorry from forum............ANTI

[quote user="we are rubbish"][quote user="we are rubbish"]

[/quote]oh sorry from forum............ANTI[/quote] WRONG not from

I thank those fans who have already voted and I hope that may more of you vote so that the board can get a clear understanding of supporters feelings. I now that there will be many at the AGM could find the result useful.

Providing votes tally up to be a sizeable amount.

Vote Here

Hi City Angel, I hope you are keeping well, did you vote? Up until now no-one really knows how much support the board has. I thought it would be about 50-50 but the voting seems to be showing a different result.

You are not taking a proper sample so the result is meaningless. To get a sample you should stand at the same point in Carrow Road and ask every 20th person who walked passed you. After asking 100 people you might have your answer. After asking 1,000 people you would have your answer.

[quote user="Bobert"]You are not taking a proper sample so the result is meaningless. To get a sample you should stand at the same point in Carrow Road and ask every 20th person who walked passed you. After asking 100 people you might have your answer. After asking 1,000 people you would have your answer.[/quote]

Not a bad idea, canvass the fans.

Bearing in mind there is no alternative to the current board, then I am supportive of the current board unless a better alternative is available (if that makes sense).  Alienating Delia and MWJ whilst no alternative exists is damaging to our club and that, surely, has to be a bad thing.

Also need to remember that being so vehemently anti the current board can act as a major deterrent to new investors coming in - why would the want to risk putting in a load of their money and if people''s (maybe unrealistic) expectations are not met, they get turned upon.

Nutty makes a very valid point in an earlier post that whilst many people were keen to see Worthy kicked out because he was not getting us in the top three year on year, has the alternative been any better?  Grass isn''t always greener and many factors need to be taken into account, not just changing one person or a couple of people.

[quote user="Smudger"]

It said 80% were anti both before I clicked and after.

Are you sure this thing is working???

[/quote]Just out of curiosity smudger, which way did you vote? [:S]

[quote user="Dicky"]

Bearing in mind there is no alternative to the current board, then I am supportive of the current board unless a better alternative is available (if that makes sense).  Alienating Delia and MWJ whilst no alternative exists is damaging to our club and that, surely, has to be a bad thing.

Also need to remember that being so vehemently anti the current board can act as a major deterrent to new investors coming in - why would the want to risk putting in a load of their money and if people''s (maybe unrealistic) expectations are not met, they get turned upon.

Nutty makes a very valid point in an earlier post that whilst many people were keen to see Worthy kicked out because he was not getting us in the top three year on year, has the alternative been any better?  Grass isn''t always greener and many factors need to be taken into account, not just changing one person or a couple of people.

[/quote]

I don''t really see how it is unrealistic to expect our club to compete consistently in the top 6 in this division, we sure as hell shouldn''t be in the bottom 6.

The board we have at present are no longer a viable proposition to run this club unless we want to accept that league 1 is going to be our natural level from now on, we are losing 2 million a year and Delia isn''t rich enough to subsidise the club year on year. I believe that there are people interested in buying the club and talks are ongoing, all this talk of there being no alternative is just scaremongering as far as I''m concerned. NCFC was in existence long before Delia Smith arrived and will be long after she''s gone, even if she decided she''d had enough tomorrow I have no doubt there would be someone else to take the reins.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

I don''t really see how it is unrealistic to expect our club to compete consistently in the top 6 in this division, we sure as hell shouldn''t be in the bottom 6.

The board we have at present are no longer a viable proposition to run this club unless we want to accept that league 1 is going to be our natural level from now on, we are losing 2 million a year and Delia isn''t rich enough to subsidise the club year on year. I believe that there are people interested in buying the club and talks are ongoing, all this talk of there being no alternative is just scaremongering as far as I''m concerned. NCFC was in existence long before Delia Smith arrived and will be long after she''s gone, even if she decided she''d had enough tomorrow I have no doubt there would be someone else to take the reins.

[/quote]

Quite right kdncfc... spot on!!! [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"]

It said 80% were anti both before I clicked and after.

Are you sure this thing is working???

[/quote]

The poll works fine, it takes more than 1 vote to change it after 100 votes are cast.  I do think though what is interesting about this poll is the fact that there are only 109 votes which is hardly a true representation of the Norwich City support.

Does this mean that the forums only represent a minority? Or as Nutty Nigel said many fans are in the middle neither pro or anti board?

If the latter is the case what will solve the confidence in the current board? 

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You believe that there are people interested in buying the club?  Who are they then? Don''t come out with the Peter Cullum theory.  If he was serious and a true fan, would he have left it like this?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You believe that there are people interested in buying the club?  Who are they then? Don''t come out with the Peter Cullum theory.  If he was serious and a true fan, would he have left it like this?

[/quote]

Cullum is the obvious candidate but I have no more idea as to whether or not he or anyone else may be interested any more than you know that he or somebody else is willing to take the reins. If the club were talking to Cullum we will only know if and when he buys the club. There has however been one or two posters on here who I''d consider trustworthy that have heard that things are ongoing behind the scenes and I''d prefer to believe them because it at least gives me hope in what are desperate times for this club.

I still firmly believe that Peter Cullum will buy the club sooner or later.

Odd question to ask really, as I thought the majority of rank and file Football fans are indifferent or distainful of Football Club Boards as a matter of  usual football culture. Maybe this is changing, but as Football fans are made up of mainly affluent working class people, and Board members are mainly rich and powerful Businessmen, and associated members of the ''great and good'', there exists a natural antipathy to such groupings. As far as City goes, I am still to hear an alternative strategy to the current Board! Oh sorry, I forgot, some of you are still expecting a certain London Insurance mogul to wave a wand and put everything right in little old Norwich!   

I with many other people, am fence sitting.

On the one hand, I''m fairly resigned to the view that the grass is not greener on the other side. Just look at QPR. On the other, something needs to change - playing consistently well on the pitch would be a good start. We need a manager who can motivate the players to perform week in week out, inspiring them to achieve their very best. For me, Roeder hasn''t achieved this yet. We''ve seen what they guys are capable of against Birmingham and Wolves.

But there are fundamental problems with the structure of football in this country. And unless that changes, I don''t see the situation improving - not with this board or any other which may or not be round the corner. And that''s me speaking as an eternal optimist!!

In their favour, the board are doing the best they can with the cash they have at their disposal. Being realistic, they are probably not trying to run the club into the ground. Like Mike Ashley at Newcastle, everything''s good while the team is playing well. But as soon as the going get tough, many fans find it difficult to stick with what they''ve got. It''s understandable. We want success.

However, like anything, it''s a game of risk and chance - both on and off the pitch. We took risks in 2003/4 getting Huckerby and Crouch in. We need that inspired gamble now. Unfortunately given the state of football with inflated wages and average championship strikers warming benches in the Premiership, it''s unlikely to happen. Which players would we bring in?

Getting to the premiership from the championship is a) a lottery and b) a merry-go-round. However well they''re playing at the moment, Hull, Stoke and West Brom will be back down in the next couple of years. Portsmouth will be down at some stage, as will Wigan and Fulham.

I would say around 70% of the clubs in the Championship reckon they have a right to be in the Premiership. None of them are consistent, all are beatable.

So, what''s the answer? Buggered if I know.

GreenTshirt I talked with Delia face to face last year for nearly an hour and she expressed the same feelings as yourself almost word for word. The Premiership has done immesurable harm to football in the UK and there is a great need for change. Unfortunately there is just too much money at the top end for that to happen in the short term.