Sign in to follow this  
ca

Joe Lewis Bid

QPR have bid £2m for Joe Lewis, thats a quick profit for Peterborough if it goes ahead isnt it?

Another Roeder mistake!

[quote user="cityangel"]

QPR have bid £2m for Joe Lewis, thats a quick profit for Peterborough if it goes ahead isnt it?

Another Roeder mistake!

[/quote]

And there was me thinking you only did threads about Hucks

daily mirror again, must be true joe even admits himself chances at norwich were gonna be limited and although disappointed, knew he had to move on. we can''t keep players in limbo coz they may be good one day, sad fact I know, but as doomy will tell ya, we aint made of money!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Another Roeder mistake!

[/quote]And a healthy sell-on clause for us, I would think.

Guess our sell on clause could be about 20% so that would give us  £400k to spend.

[quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="cityangel"]

Another Roeder mistake!

[/quote]

And a healthy sell-on clause for us, I would think.
[/quote]

Oh, thats all right then!

He seems good enough for everyone else except that fool, Roeder.........priceless cock up again!

Truth of the matter is, if Joe Lewis had stayed with Norwich, he wouldn''t be worth anything near £2 million due to him never playing in our first team! Marshall is better anyway IMO

So if we''d kept him, how many games would he have played for us by now, I wonder...? I think the answer is ''none'' so I don''t really see why people are getting so worked up about it to be honest.

dont believe everything you read in the papers!

if so kaka, ronaldo and half the footballing world is signing for mancity

People use Joe Lewis as a stick to beat Roeder with as others have said if he were still here he would have played no first team games as we have a young international goalkeeper who we bought for 1 million not long ago there aren''t many managers who wouldn''t have taken good money for a player who had made no first team apperances and no matter how highly rated would be warming the bench in all reality for a number of years to come ! Hardly good for Lewis''s career either is it ?

Some people need to remember were not man utd etc who can afford to loan out players for a number of seasons until we intend to use them as we need the money on offer to invest in other transfers and pay players wages.

I expect to be shot down but there aren''t many players Roeder has let go that I would rather still have here right now and that includes Huckerby.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="cityangel"]

Another Roeder mistake!

[/quote]And a healthy sell-on clause for us, I would think.[/quote]

He seems good enough for everyone else except that fool, Roeder.........priceless cock up again!

[/quote]No, you''re wrong.Lewis wouldn''t be playing, so it''s really 400k & any sell-on clause for nothing.  It isn''t a "cock up" until Marshall is sold/leaves.And you don''t know whether Roeder needed to sell him to balance the books - you''re just assuming, as usual, that Roeder doesn''t know what he is doing.

[quote user="ellis206"]Truth of the matter is, if Joe Lewis had stayed with Norwich, he wouldn''t be worth anything near £2 million due to him never playing in our first team! Marshall is better anyway IMO[/quote]clearly, loaning young players out can increase their value if they''re any good, that is...for example, after proving his ability with us last season, ched evans was rumoured to be subject of interest from cardiff and others in the summer - £millions more than if he''d stayed in man city reserves...how much is plastic worth after his peformances for city last season and this, rather than if he stayed in the reserves???lewis was rumoured to be interesting the likes of man u as early as last jan!!!  obviously, being loaned out didn''t do the boy any harm, and if this bid is to be believed posh have done very nicely...so if you join up the thinking - posh paid a club record for young joe - maybe cos their savy ex-agent manager had already made informal enquires about joes actual worth - and so got the player on the cheap...how cr@p does the affair make NCFC look to the outside footy world???players loaned in upto the hilt, and yet we let our genuine talents go for jack???meanwhile, we sold lewis and brown - bought matty patty, and then roedy declared tiny taylor overvalued...yeah right///sounds like, we''d undervalued lewis as well...maybe if we''d continued to loan young lewis out, we''d be sitting pretty right now - £2m would cover the black hole left from the turners walking....eh???

[quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="cityangel"]

Another Roeder mistake!

[/quote]No, you''re wrong.Lewis wouldn''t be playing, so it''s really 400k & any sell-on clause for nothing.  It isn''t a "cock up" until Marshall is sold/leaves.And you don''t know whether Roeder needed to sell him to balance the books - you''re just assuming, as usual, that Roeder doesn''t know what he is doing.[/quote]No - you''re wrong. What GR should have done (unless it was necessary to balance the books) was leave him out on loan until the end of the season, and make a decision between him and Marshall at the end of the season. Lewis caught the attention of a few clubs during his short spell at Morecambe, and that would only have increased with the U21 call-up. If GR had decided to sell him in the summer, we''d have got 100% of the price. Very disappointing to see him go in the first place, even more so to lose money on the deal.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Another Roeder mistake!

[/quote]

If this is the case, can''t see it going ahead to be fair. Lee Camp has been dislodged by new signing Radek Cerny this season, and has asked to leave. Not sure why Joe would go there to sit on the bench, when he''s number 1 at Posh.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="cityangel"]

Another Roeder mistake!

[/quote]No, you''re wrong.Lewis wouldn''t be playing, so it''s really 400k & any sell-on clause for nothing.  It isn''t a "cock up" until Marshall is sold/leaves.And you don''t know whether Roeder needed to sell him to balance the books - you''re just assuming, as usual, that Roeder doesn''t know what he is doing.[/quote]No - you''re wrong. What GR should have done (unless it was necessary to balance the books) was leave him out on loan until the end of the season, and make a decision between him and Marshall at the end of the season. Lewis caught the attention of a few clubs during his short spell at Morecambe, and that would only have increased with the U21 call-up. If GR had decided to sell him in the summer, we''d have got 100% of the price. Very disappointing to see him go in the first place, even more so to lose money on the deal.[/quote]Interesting that everyone seems to know so much better than the people who saw him training day in day out, isn''t it?

[quote user="Woodstock"]Interesting that everyone seems to know so much better than the people who saw him training day in day out, isn''t it?[/quote]It''s certainly looking that way, isn''t it?

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Woodstock"]

Interesting that everyone seems to know so much better than the people who saw him training day in day out, isn''t it?

[/quote]
It''s certainly looking that way, isn''t it?
[/quote]

No, it isn''t but it''s certainly sounding that way. Big difference.

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

We should have kept Joe for this very reason -

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid958992159?bctid=1832239113

Brilliant.

Jas, stop seeking attention.

[/quote]

wouldn''t dream of it mate.... im just fed up of people saying "dam you Roeder... you sold a goalkeeper who 4 managers never picked and who barely featured on the bench!!! may you burn in hell".. when it wasn''t Roeders fault we had to sell Lewis....

you know the story as much as i do.... Hardly fair to use it as a rod to beat Roeders back is it?

I have posted it on here previously but its been removed so i cant post it again obviously.

jas :)

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Woodstock"]Interesting that everyone seems to know so much better than the people who saw him training day in day out, isn''t it?[/quote]It''s certainly looking that way, isn''t it?[/quote]

No, it isn''t but it''s certainly sounding that way. Big difference.

[/quote]True - it''s too soon to judge. I''m not one for carping at everything that GR does, but on this occasion I''m convinced he was wrong - if only because we got rid of a rare home-produced player with both talent and motivation. If he''s sold in the next year for significantly more than £400K, I (and many others) will have been proved right. If not, I''ll apologise.