Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

where is luke chadwick?

I thought at the end of last year he was gonna play a big part fro us this year.Although he isn''t the best player to watch (in more ways than one...) he gives a hundred percent and is good going back. He never stops running.But I think we''ve seen the last of Chadders sadly.....:(

Its surprising that anyone can really remember what he plays like, I am not even sure that he has finished an entire match for us yet? I would imagine that he is on decent wages and I am surprised that GR did not try and get rid over the close season (maybe he did and there were no takers). from what I have seen, primarily under Grant he was no world beater and has very little to offer, he seemed to lack focus and drift out of position, admittedly that may have been rants instructions?? Either way it would seem that it would be a better situation for all if he were to move on to pastures new, nothing against him, its simply not been much of a transfer for either player nor club.I do have a slight concern that we never hear him interviewed or anything and I hope I am wrong but he is not likely to move sideways without a wage cut, maybe he is happy here at costa del ?

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Its surprising that anyone can really remember what he plays like, I am not even sure that he has finished an entire match for us yet? I would imagine that he is on decent wages and I am surprised that GR did not try and get rid over the close season (maybe he did and there were no takers). from what I have seen, primarily under Grant he was no world beater and has very little to offer, he seemed to lack focus and drift out of position, admittedly that may have been rants instructions??

Either way it would seem that it would be a better situation for all if he were to move on to pastures new, nothing against him, its simply not been much of a transfer for either player nor club.

I do have a slight concern that we never hear him interviewed or anything and I hope I am wrong but he is not likely to move sideways without a wage cut, maybe he is happy here at costa del ?

[/quote]

i disagree, i think chadwick is desperate to play. he gives his all even when playing for the reserves. he doesnt mouth out in the media becuase he is a very professional. i think his face doesnt fit, its obvious roeder has his favourites and they play regardless of talent! Same situation with lappin.

[quote user="topcanary1971"]id say hes not good at all and we cant get rid of him if we could ship him out we could get another loan player in...!!!![/quote]Evening Chris! Not at the AGM?

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I saw him in the city an hour before the game! Think he was shopping.[/quote]

Talking of seeing players/x-players before the game, was outside squares Saturday when Gary Holt stopped to talk to the bouncers.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Its surprising that anyone can really remember what he plays like, I am not even sure that he has finished an entire match for us yet? I would imagine that he is on decent wages and I am surprised that GR did not try and get rid over the close season (maybe he did and there were no takers). from what I have seen, primarily under Grant he was no world beater and has very little to offer, he seemed to lack focus and drift out of position, admittedly that may have been rants instructions??

Either way it would seem that it would be a better situation for all if he were to move on to pastures new, nothing against him, its simply not been much of a transfer for either player nor club.

I do have a slight concern that we never hear him interviewed or anything and I hope I am wrong but he is not likely to move sideways without a wage cut, maybe he is happy here at costa del ?

[/quote]

i disagree, i think chadwick is desperate to play. he gives his all even when playing for the reserves. he doesnt mouth out in the media becuase he is a very professional. i think his face doesnt fit, its obvious roeder has his favourites and they play regardless of talent! Same situation with lappin.

[/quote]

With you 100% Lincoln. Chadwick can penetrate defences like our captain cannot - and I''m not just thinking of the goal he scored at Portman Rd. (He couldn''t have done any worse at the QPR game - there was no forward, movement then). And Lappin can take a corner/free kick like our captain cannot. But our captain can tell folks that Martin O''Neil never wanted to let him leave Celtic - and tell the world only recently that Charlton wanted him (just before he signed a new contract for a whole year with us!). Chadwick - and to a lesser extent Lappin - cannot really be judged if they are not given a single chance. (Great goal from Croft but we''ll never know if Chadwick would have delivered sooner and a bit more often). He worked hard enough in the Dereham pre-season friendly. As for moving him on: Chadwick''s home was already on the west of the region and being with his family more was one of the reasons why he opted for Norwich from Stoke. On current form (ie this season''s) there is no reason IMO to retain an automatic place for Fotheringham in the present side - though I have no problem with him being in the squad.

I also think Chadwick is a decent player at this level, I can''t understand why he isn''t even on the bench. I know Croft is a trier and gives his all every game but I think Chadwick is a lot better technically. I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch against the scum at home last season - but then he got injured again soon after.  He''s obviously not impressing in training....

What about 2006-07 when Croft scored 3 goals? I''d rather have Croft than Chadwick any day.

Chadders hasn''t even made the reserve squad tonight. Its on the official site.

Good point? I''d assume he''s been unfit or recovering from some kind of injury as he''s no bad player.

Croft is clearly better, with Lappin somewhere in between. But Chadders and Lappin are handy squad players.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Chadwicks twice the player of Croft! chadders always looks like he has a goal in him... sad thing is he gets injured

jas :)

[/quote]

i wouldnt say twice the player, but im adament  if chadwick was given a run in the team he would become a very consistent player. i think he is potentially the best player at this club.

im ready for the abuse!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Chadwicks twice the player of Croft! chadders always looks like he has a goal in him... sad thing is he gets injured

[/quote]

i wouldnt say twice the player, but im adament  if chadwick was given a run in the team he would become a very consistent player. i think he is potentially the best player at this club.

im ready for the abuse!

[/quote]

you''re surely putting a giant spoon in there right?!

I agree, chadwick is decent and gives us something different.  His direct running and willingness to take players on could have unlocked the game for us against QPR if he''d have been able to come off the bench.

Not even made the reserves against Col U:

"The Norwich Reserve squad will be: Stuart Nelson, Simon Lappin, OJ Koroma, Troy Archibald-Henville, Korey Smith, Damian Lathrope, Luke Daley, Dave Cooper, Dave Stephens, Sam Habergham, Tom Adeyemi, Declan Rudd, Danny Kelly, Josh Dawkin, George Francombe,Sam Grieveson."

At last night''s NCISA forum Lee Clark praised his professionalism, said he was a great lad (in so many Geordie words) so I''m really surprised he''s not been picked for tonight.

btw thanks to message board admin team for getting me back on this board! Changing to Mac has had interesting side-effects!

When my producer friend has finished filming Swineshead Revisited north of Kingy Lynny. His next venture in the pipeline is a low budget children''s comedy film called ''The Bash Street Kids meet Dennis the Menace''......Apparently, Luke Chadwick was seen at the auditions - and has been put on the shortlist as the character ''Plug''....Neil Doncaster was also there moonlighting, volunteering himself as an extra to make himself a few bob......and was promptly offered the role as ''Walter the Softy''.....probably.

[quote user="eagle"]

What about 2006-07 when Croft scored 3 goals? I''d rather have Croft than Chadwick any day.

Chadders hasn''t even made the reserve squad tonight. Its on the official site.

[/quote]

I don''t think any of Crofty''s goals was as well taken as Chadwick''s against Coventry.  I''d have Chadwick first not least because his allround play and especially his passing is in a different class to Crofty who is faster and better on the run.

It''s been that long since I can remember Chadders playing, when was his last game for us?  And does anyone know off the top of their head how many matches he has started since he came to NCFC?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]It''s been that long since I can remember Chadders playing, when was his last game for us?  And does anyone know off the top of their head how many matches he has started since he came to NCFC?[/quote]

im sure he scored in the home game against plymouth last season.. either that or he set 1 up.. from a throw in.. im 100% positive.. will check the highlights DVD later...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]turning out for the reserves tonite???
[/quote]

Looks like both Lappin and Chadwick played tonight. Both seem to have been int he game and though Lappin missed a penalty, he did send the keeper the wrong way and rattled the bar. Perhaps someone who was there can give a view. Interested to see Scott Vernon scored - have seen him play and he covers a lot of ground up front. If Camul reads this would appreciate his view on the game, Chadwick, Lappin and Vernon.