Sign in to follow this  
ElmerFudd

Alan Lee

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Alan Lee is utter crap , how any Norwich supporter can even think of having that useless lump at Carrow Road is beyond me , you really must be as desperate as Roeder .[/quote]

And as desperate as Uncle Fester it seems.  [:D][:D][:D][B][:D]A bit late now, but yeah, had we have signed him around the time this thread originated, Lee would''ve been the best target-man we''d have had here all season.

Where''s Scottthecock?  [:D]

When Lee was at Ipswich I always thought he was a decent player, but he seems to gone down hill since and according to Warnock ''the palace isn''t good enough,'' which he said after the Barnsley game, so if he can''t get into a team that isn''t good enough he could turn into another Killen unfortunely. Plus ex-ipswich....... although if he is a success I can and I hope other people can forgive that.

Blimey, my Ipswich friend will be gutted, he was her favourite player and she was really upset when he left, still has him on the back of her shirts.

Why do we need another striker? Gow, Mooney, Jamie and Cody??

[quote user="cityangel"]

Why do we need another striker? Gow, Mooney, Jamie and Cody??

[/quote]Gow - Second striker/attacking midfielderJamie - Sh*tCody - A bit of a risk to base your whole attacking strategy on somebody who was an ameteur up until a couple of months ago.So without Lee we''re rather reliant on young Mooney. What happens if he gets injured?

I would rather .....

1 lose a leg

2 lose an arm

3 eat my own brains

4 have my guts ripped out

5 live in ipswich

6 die

Than have an ex scummer, pikey, slutwhore play for norwich

[quote user="lobster catcher"]

I would rather .....

1 lose a leg

2 lose an arm

3 eat my own brains

5 live in ipswich

6 die

Well said , couldnt agree more , this club has stooped so low it will never get out of the gutter.

[/quote]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]

I would rather .....

1 lose a leg

2 lose an arm

3 eat my own brains

5 live in ipswich

6 die

[/quote]

I suppose Trevor Putney & Clive Woods were a bit before your time.  [:P]F*ck knows what Scottthecock''s excuse is?

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Alan Lee is utter crap , how any Norwich supporter can even think of having that useless lump at Carrow Road is beyond me , you really must be as desperate as Roeder .[/quote]

And as desperate as Uncle Fester it seems.  [:D][:D][:D][B][:D]A bit late now, but yeah, had we have signed him around the time this thread originated, Lee would''ve been the best target-man we''d have had here all season.

Where''s Scottthecock?  [:D][/quote]I''m here darling.Gotta say when I heard this the first thing I thought was................this thread will be at the top of the forum again courtesy of Norfolks campest David Bowie impersonator . Fair play sir, it''s all quite funny. It''s amazing how the season has been that Alan Lee signing can be seen as a positive. You know I hope he really does well....but he''s no Peter Thorne :~)

I couldnt care less where the man has been or who he''s played for so long as he comes here and does well. If he scores for us and helps keep us up then i''m happy. If he''s crap and does nothing but waste our money then i''ll slag him off as much as anyone else. I am concerned that we seem to be investing a lot of money into the search for a big man up front. Mooney is a big lad as is cort and then there''s Killen who''s wages we''re still paying and who we can call back anytime. Bit odd, i''d rather see another combative centre mid to replace rusty or a winger to cover Hoolahan.........................................a bit short sighted i feel???

Maybe not, maybe he''ll score a hatrick against his old club and keep us up at Portman road............

well he''s tall, knows where the back of the net is and isn''t a donkey the 3 qualities that Cort is trying hard (and doing well with) to obtain, maybe Gow can play midfield now. Might as well give him a go, he''s a proper defined Championship striker which is what we need now if Gow has to cover centre mid. I liked him at rotherham. Not a signing to impress ur unknowledgeable prem team supporting mates, but i bet my mate who supports burnley will understand and agree wit me in saying he could prove a shrewd piece of business, especially on a free for a proper fulltime contract. we''ll see i guess. Not gonna get lupoliesque overly excited, even if i do think he''ll fare better than that spindly little Italian.Good luck Al, just don''t do a Cloughie-Leeds on us!

He''ll certainly have something to prove at Portman Road, he didn''t ask to leave there so will want to show them they made a mistake in shipping him out.

Plus ex players always score against their previous clubs [:)]

Yeah a good piece of business.  If he can get 3 or 4 goals before the end of the season it will be well worth it.

[quote user="singing canary"]shows how much ipswich fans know ...... didnt you know roeder is no longer our manager , so i doubt he would be making a move for him !!![/quote]

Didn''t look at the date of the post did you?

Scored 31 goals in 100 appearances for Ipswich, is tall and not easily pushed off the ball, has something to prove and will get my support when he''s got our shirt on.

he`ll get my support as well  can`t say i`m over the moon about it but to most players nowadays football is just a job  they couldn`t care less about local rivalries [:D]

[quote user="singing canary"]no your right i didnt , for a fleeting moment i felt good i got one over a scummer .... dohh..!!![/quote]

Don''t worry, I''ve done exactly the same thing myself in the past![:D]

Living in Ipswich I know alot of binners and they all rate him and think it''ll be a good piece of business for us.. And if he grabs the winner against the scum then how great would that be?

he done well for ipswich , no one else which worries me ......... could he be sent on a secret scummer mission ?

i can see the headlines now .....  ALAN LEE BLASTS WIDE AND COST CITY DEARLY ...!!

several times at a open goal !!

Yet another loanee, and ex-scum?!

Still, he''s a player I always feared when playing against us and he''s still only 30. Great in a the air and gives Norwich the extra dimension. Excellent signing.

Although does this mean we''ve seen the end of Cort and Cureton for this season?

[quote user="First Wizard"]A ruddy top signing imo, and I''d love him here permantly, well done Gunny![Y][/quote]Totally agree, an affordable option imo.I''d very much like to sign Lee, Gow and Mooney in the summer - if we have any finances!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="First Wizard"]A ruddy top signing imo, and I''d love him here permantly, well done Gunny![Y][/quote]

Totally agree, an affordable option imo.

I''d very much like to sign Lee, Gow and Mooney in the summer - if we have any finances!
[/quote]

And I''d very much like a night with Cheryl Cole. Just as unlikely.

If hes such a top signing its amazing Palace want shot of him so soon after signing him , washed up never been who will do nothing whatsoever to help keep us up , massive mistake from a massive mistake of a manager .