Sign in to follow this  
ElmerFudd

Alan Lee

Well well well. I don''t mind one single bit having him on board, as a target man I always thought he was quite useful. Makes sense really as Killen has gone back to Celtic and Cort probably not fit enough. He may not even get a game though as the Gow/Mooney partnership is working quite well - although I hope this deal isn''t at the expense of the possible Mooney extension.

Never thought I''d say this, but welcome aboard Mr Lee - how I''d laugh if he plays at Portaloo Road and ends up scoring the winner for us LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, someone on another Norwich site has joked that we probably need the car park at the back relaid with tarmac, which is why we signed the pikey! :lol: :lol:

Yet another loan signing that doesn''t really make sense. Do we like paying wages for players for the sake of it?

[quote user="komakino"]Yet another loan signing that doesn''t really make sense. Do we like paying wages for players for the sake of it?[/quote]

Why does it not make sense to you when Killen is back in Scotland and Cort isn''t match fit?

We have Mooney, Gow & McDonald... The only good thing about Lee is that there is no love lost between him and Ipswich. Good be useful for at least that game - or is Gunn thinking further ahead???

[quote user="komakino"]We have Mooney, Gow & McDonald... The only good thing about Lee is that there is no love lost between him and Ipswich. Good be useful for at least that game - or is Gunn thinking further ahead???[/quote]

Mooney and McDonald don''t really offer the same as what Lee does, plus Gow can drop back into midfield or the left wing if needed. I hope he doesn''t though, I want to see more of his partnership with Mooney.

[quote user="ElmerFudd"]

Town fan in peace (well almost).

The EDP mentions that Glum Rodent might consider taking Alan Lee (goal!) across the Waveney.

You could certainly do a lot worse, I wish we had the funds to keep him as a back-up, but it looks like Colin at Palace is going to buy him for 750k.

With your managers NUFC links to Shola Fish perhaps he could persuade him to sign for us, then we could let you have Lee on the cheap, then when Shola is past his sell-by-date we could pass him on to you.

Well at least you did manage a goal on Saturday - Happy Days!

[/quote]

Everyone deserves a second chance

[quote user="komakino"]We have Mooney, Gow & McDonald... The only good thing about Lee is that there is no love lost between him and Ipswich. Good be useful for at least that game - or is Gunn thinking further ahead???[/quote]

Lee might just be the big target man we need. If plays well I hope we sign him (for a couple of seasons) with Mooney and Gow during the summer.

[quote user="komakino"]Yet another loan signing that doesn''t really make sense. Do we like paying wages for players for the sake of it?[/quote]

I dont mind loan signings if its with a view to signing them. Gunny and crew get a chance to have a look at the player playing for us and during training. Hopefully it would cut the risk of signing a duffer.

I must say that all those people that take umbrage because of his previous club have some sort of mental issues as far as i''m concerned, you should get over it, maybe get some sort of help.

He always looked like a decent player to me, and i''d be pleased to give him a go for City. He is a professional footballer, he will give 100% for us, that''s what most footballers do. And if you are bothered by his ex club maybe you should ask yourselves why, get over you insecurities.

[quote user="Marty"]

I must say that all those people that take umbrage because of his previous club have some sort of mental issues as far as i''m concerned, you should get over it, maybe get some sort of help.

He always looked like a decent player to me, and i''d be pleased to give him a go for City. He is a professional footballer, he will give 100% for us, that''s what most footballers do. And if you are bothered by his ex club maybe you should ask yourselves why, get over you insecurities.

[/quote]

lol have to say I agree, while he plays in our colours he get''s my support until he does something that doesn''t deserve it.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

lol have to say I agree, while he plays in our colours he get''s my support until he does something that doesn''t deserve it.

[/quote]

I agree 100% with you 49............oh, and your ants still doing my head in!